This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Review of Halo 2

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Review of Halo 2 Empty
PostSubject: Review of Halo 2   Review of Halo 2 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 5:42 pm

The sequel to the critically acclaimed "Halo: Combat Evolved" it was also the first console Halo title to have Xbox Live.

Story

"Dear humanity, we regret being alien bastards. We regret coming to Earth. And we most definitely regret that the Corps just blew up our raggedy ass fleet!"
-Sergeant Johnson

The story is about a month or two after the original Halo, here you get a new suit and as the Master Chief you create havoc upon the Covenant by seeking out to kill their prophets.

Something new was that it introduced a Covenant character to play as, an Elite called the Arbiter, and you get a look at the Covenant side of the war. But you don't fight humans, you fight Covenant Heretics and the Flood.

The ending is a disappointing cliffhanger, while unintended, it wasn't executed that well.

Master Chief and Sergeant Johnson
Review of Halo 2 Halo2chief

Gameplay

"I need a weapon."
-Master Chief

Gameplay has some new features to it now, first you can now duel wield weapons, and Head shots are more encouraged by reticule indicators. Second was a single-player exclusive that allowed you to activate an active-camo on command for short bursts. Third was that there is no longer any fall damage, or health packs both of which are covered by your armor.

A player duel-wields a plasma pistol and SMG
Review of Halo 2 Halo2

Graphics

While the graphics are improved, I am not exactly sure my self if they were top notch of the era, but they were good for the most part, you could at least tell what things were supposed to be.

Music

The music is practically the same except remixed, with the addition of some new tracks.

The multiplayer was awesome, the campaign was good, but it would have been better without the cliffhanger, no matter how unintended it was.

Last edited by Deus Ex Machina on Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

Review of Halo 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review of Halo 2   Review of Halo 2 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 6:49 pm

I can't even remember how many hours I spent playing this game with friends. So many memories. I love this game. Along with Rainbow Six 3, this was my favorite online shooter.
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
DarkSwarm85

Review of Halo 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review of Halo 2   Review of Halo 2 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 7:42 pm

Halo 1 > Halo 2
Back to top Go down

Review of Halo 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review of Halo 2   Review of Halo 2 EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 9:58 am

Halo 2 definetly had great MP. Shotty Snipes FTW
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Review of Halo 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review of Halo 2   Review of Halo 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Review of Halo 2
Page 1 of 1