This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Game of the year 2010 predictions?

Go down 
+17
Stigma
Inuboy1000
Doominator99
Lord_Orpheo
Alan1994
DemonWolf
OnettResident
TRF
Pein
Madtoker
Freemon34'
ghost23
Noelol
daveMastaKill
Blixtstorm
Arbiteris
MasterCheef
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MasterCheef
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
MasterCheef

Game of the year 2010 predictions? Empty
PostSubject: Game of the year 2010 predictions?   Game of the year 2010 predictions? EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 11:23 am

what do you predict it will be?

my top three contenders are(in no particualr order

1.Mass effect 2 = pure fucking win
2.Halo Reach= bungie's last halo, they also made sure its the best,i am crying as i write this
3.i hate to post it here but i played it and it is actually awesome=god of war 3

whats yours?
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Game of the year 2010 predictions?   Game of the year 2010 predictions? EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 12:03 pm

Halo Reach will win by far.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game of the year 2010 predictions?   Game of the year 2010 predictions? EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 2:27 pm

Mass Effect 2 or Red Dead Redemption are my picks.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Game of the year 2010 predictions?   Game of the year 2010 predictions? EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 3:06 pm

GOTY: Mass Effect 2

Best DLC: Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam

Best Racing: Gran Turismo 5 (If released)

Best Adventure: Red Dead Redemption

Best Action: Halo: Reach

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: Game of the year 2010 predictions?   Game of the year 2010 predictions? EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 6:40 pm

We all know that the MP of Reach is going be top notch. Now it all depends of the main campaign to win over Mass Effect 2 or not.

We also have Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Red Dead Redemption has strong oponents. I do not believe that God of War 3 gonna win anything besides best graphics, and even that i have my doubts.
Back to top Go down
MasterCheef
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
MasterCheef

PostSubject: Re: Game of the year 2010 predictions?   Game of the year 2010 predictions? EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 6:43 pm

daveMastaKill wrote:
We all know that the MP of Reach is going be top notch. Now it all depends of the main campaign to win over Mass Effect 2 or not.

We also have Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Red Dead Redemption has strong oponents. I do not believe that God of War 3 gonna win anything besides best graphics, and even that i have my doubts.

i find that campaign tends to be the weakest aspect in halo games, theyre fun but not memorable, incidently, i find that multiplayer is the weakest part of the MGS series and SP the strongest part, wow, what an anti thesis, anyways, SP of halo is fun when co op, otehrwise its rather boring at certain missions, but generally fun to play
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: Game of the year 2010 predictions?   Game of the year 2010 predictions? EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 7:47 pm

Thats hard...
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Game of the year 2010 predictions?   Game of the year 2010 predictions? EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 8:01 pm

You know, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood has a chance of taking best multi player of the year. I won just about every multiplayer award for E3 and it won over Bioware's MMO.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Master Chief Petty Officer
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: Game of the year 2010 predictions?   Game of the year 2010 predictions? EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 8:05 pm

RDR
ME2
GOW3
BFBC2
GT5
(hate to say it) Black Ops
Reach
Super Street Fighter 4
007 Golden Eye
SMG2
MOH
AC: Brotherhood

All are gonna be contenders.
Back to top Go down
Madtoker
Madtoker

PostSubject: Re: Game of the year 2010 predictions?   Game of the year 2010 predictions? EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 3:48 pm

NoelX2 wrote:
Thats hard...
thats what she said
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Game of the year 2010 predictions?   Game of the year 2010 predictions? EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 11:14 am

Madtoker wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:
Thats hard...
thats what she said

LMAO!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Game of the year 2010 predictions?   Game of the year 2010 predictions? EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 11:17 am

Isn't it rather early to make predictions? There are still a ton of games that haven't come out yet, like Halo: Reach, LittleBigPlanet 2, Fable III, Fallout: New Vegas, and Gran Turismo 5.

But in any case, my three favorite games of this year so far are Heavy Rain, God of War III, and Red Dead Redemption.
Back to top Go down
OnettResident
Seaman Recruit
OnettResident

PostSubject: Re: Game of the year 2010 predictions?   Game of the year 2010 predictions? EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 11:18 am

Freemon wrote:
RDR
ME2
GOW3
BFBC2
GT5
(hate to say it) Black Ops
Reach
Super Street Fighter 4
007 Golden Eye
SMG2
MOH
AC: Brotherhood

All are gonna be contenders.

I dunno about SSFIV. I love the game to death, but fighting games usually never get GOTY. And in any case, I don't even know why we have predictions like this since everyone and their mother run GOTY contests (magazines, shows, channels, websites).
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Game of the year 2010 predictions?   Game of the year 2010 predictions? EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 11:21 am

well i think it will be like this

mass effect 2

red dead redemption

mario galaxy 2

halo reach

fallout new vegas or gow3
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: Game of the year 2010 predictions?   Game of the year 2010 predictions? EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 11:40 am

Madtoker wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:
Thats hard...
thats what she said
Very original... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Game of the year 2010 predictions?   Game of the year 2010 predictions? EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 5:41 pm

There have been a lot of seriously awesome games this year.

Mass Effect 2
Red Dead Redemption
Super Mario Galaxy 2
God Of War 3
Alan Wake (it stills stands a chance of being a contender, I'm honestly blown away by it)
Then there's Fable III and Halo Reach and LBP2 (does it come out this year?) n' GT5

The ones I think will win are either:

SMG2
ME2
Reach

Sorry but I personally think GOW3 isn't gonna get it.

But hey, I could be wrong.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Game of the year 2010 predictions?   Game of the year 2010 predictions? EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 10:49 pm

Alan Wake is my GOTY.

But ME2, Reach, and Red Dead have a better shot at winning GOTY.

Still though, GT5 might either be the best game ever or the worst game ever so we have to wait and see.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game of the year 2010 predictions?   Game of the year 2010 predictions? EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 10:24 pm

I think its up between ME2, RDR, and probably Reach as well.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Orpheo
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Lord_Orpheo

PostSubject: Re: Game of the year 2010 predictions?   Game of the year 2010 predictions? EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 1:27 am

In order to determine the contenders for GotY we must examine each genre for it's yearly champion.
Best Action Game: "God of War 3" or "Red Dead Redemption"
Best Action / Adventure Hybrid Game: "Heavy Rain"
Best Platforming Game: "Super Mario Galaxy 2"
Best Racing Game: "Gran Turismo 5"
Best RPG: "Mass Effect 2"
Best Shooting Game: "Call of Duty: Black Ops" or "Halo: Reach"
Best Strategy Game: "Star Craft II: Wings of Liberty"
Best Non-Genre Specific Game: "Little Big Planet 2"

I think these are the real contenders for GotY. Now, I narrow this list down by comparing aggregate scores on Game Rankings & Metacritic. What I'm actually doing is averaging it out ((Game Rankings + Metacritic) / 2), which is why there's only one score next to a game.
God of War 3 = 92.035
Red Dead Redemption = 94.75
Heavy Rain = 88.15
Super Mario Galaxy 2 = 97.035
Gran Turismo 5 = No Ratings Yet, But Expect This To Be Between 99 - 100
Mass Effect 2 = 95.87
Call of Duty: Black Ops = No Ratings Yet, But Expect This To Be Between 90 - 93
Halo: Reach = No Ratings Yet, But Expect This To Be Between 92 - 94
Star Craft II: Wings of Liberty = 93.335
Little Big Planet 2 = No Ratings Yet, But Expect This To Be Between 94 - 95

So far it looks like "Super Mario Galaxy 2" is set to win it, but if "Gran Turismo 5" meets expectations then a Sony - exclusive will be taking home a GotY award two years in a row.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game of the year 2010 predictions?   Game of the year 2010 predictions? EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 7:31 am

Lord_Orpheo wrote:
In order to determine the contenders for GotY we must examine each genre for it's yearly champion.
Best Action Game: "God of War 3" or "Red Dead Redemption"
Best Action / Adventure Hybrid Game: "Heavy Rain"
Best Platforming Game: "Super Mario Galaxy 2"
Best Racing Game: "Gran Turismo 5"
Best RPG: "Mass Effect 2"
Best Shooting Game: "Call of Duty: Black Ops" or "Halo: Reach"
Best Strategy Game: "Star Craft II: Wings of Liberty"
Best Non-Genre Specific Game: "Little Big Planet 2"

I think these are the real contenders for GotY. Now, I narrow this list down by comparing aggregate scores on Game Rankings & Metacritic. What I'm actually doing is averaging it out ((Game Rankings + Metacritic) / 2), which is why there's only one score next to a game.
God of War 3 = 92.035
Red Dead Redemption = 94.75
Heavy Rain = 88.15
Super Mario Galaxy 2 = 97.035
Gran Turismo 5 = No Ratings Yet, But Expect This To Be Between 99 - 100
Mass Effect 2 = 95.87
Call of Duty: Black Ops = No Ratings Yet, But Expect This To Be Between 90 - 93
Halo: Reach = No Ratings Yet, But Expect This To Be Between 92 - 94
Star Craft II: Wings of Liberty = 93.335
Little Big Planet 2 = No Ratings Yet, But Expect This To Be Between 94 - 95

So far it looks like "Super Mario Galaxy 2" is set to win it, but if "Gran Turismo 5" meets expectations then a Sony - exclusive will be taking home a GotY award two years in a row.

Nice list. But wouldn't LBP2 be considered a platformer as well? Thats always what I thought it was.
Back to top Go down
Doominator99
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Game of the year 2010 predictions?   Game of the year 2010 predictions? EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 9:13 am

My predictions:

COD black ops (looks like the best COD, it will be if it has MOAR ZOMBIES)

little big planet 2 (Its a platform for games lol)

Halo reach (i dont like halo but others like it so... yea)

Fallout new vegas (not much improvement but its like fallout 3 so it should be good)

GT5 (will be best racing game ever... if it comes out lol)

I dont think games like heavy rain, god of war 3 and mass effect 2 will win because they released too soon
Back to top Go down
Lord_Orpheo
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Lord_Orpheo

PostSubject: Re: Game of the year 2010 predictions?   Game of the year 2010 predictions? EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 9:46 am

TheJubJub5721 wrote:

Nice list. But wouldn't LBP2 be considered a platformer as well? Thats always what I thought it was.

"Little Big Planet 2" is more of a construction game similar to "Fighter Maker" or "RPG Maker" now. LBP1 had the same building materials but was limited in scope, for the most part, to designing platforming levels while LBP2 can be used to design levels from multiple gaming genres. This makes it harder to classify as purely a Platformer.

Further division must be put forth to the Action & Adventure categories of my list as well. It should really be:
Best Action Game: "God of War III"
Best Adventure Game: "Heavy Rain"
Best Action / Adventure Hybrid: "Red Dead Redemption"

But I don't know if the SpikeTV Awards consider those all separate genres like I do.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Game of the year 2010 predictions?   Game of the year 2010 predictions? EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 3:18 pm

Lord_Orpheo wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

"Little Big Planet 2" is more of a construction game similar to "Fighter Maker" or "RPG Maker" now. LBP1 had the same building materials but was limited in scope, for the most part, to designing platforming levels while LBP2 can be used to design levels from multiple gaming genres. This makes it harder to classify as purely a Platformer.

Further division must be put forth to the Action & Adventure categories of my list as well. It should really be:

But I don't know if the SpikeTV Awards consider those all separate genres like I do.
I would consider LittleBigPlanet 2 a platformer, it just happens to have a much broader level designer. And since when were Spike's VGAs the "be all, end all" of video game awards?
Back to top Go down
Inuboy1000
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Inuboy1000

PostSubject: Re: Game of the year 2010 predictions?   Game of the year 2010 predictions? EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 3:25 pm

GOTY=Either Halo: Reach or Call of Duty: Black Ops (I know it will win something, even if its not the best game, reviewers will call it better than MW2).
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Inuboy1000z

PostSubject: Re: Game of the year 2010 predictions?   Game of the year 2010 predictions? EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 4:27 pm

TRF wrote:
Lord_Orpheo wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

I would consider LittleBigPlanet 2 a platformer, it just happens to have a much broader level designer. And since when were Spike's VGAs the "be all, end all" of video game awards?

Well most people consider the SpikeTV GOTY winner as the overall winner. But I would just look at what game got most GOTY awards from reviewers.

But as TRF said, I would just consider LBP a platformer (since that is the core game) but it just has level designers and such in it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game of the year 2010 predictions?   Game of the year 2010 predictions? Empty

Back to top Go down

Game of the year 2010 predictions?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: The Games-
Jump to: