This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ScrewAttack shows their true colours.

Go down 
+7
Boba_Fett
ghost23
Ozsem
Spartan v07
daveMastaKill
Frank2368
ShadowCK
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ShadowCK
Seaman
Seaman
ShadowCK

ScrewAttack shows their true colours. Empty
PostSubject: ScrewAttack shows their true colours.   ScrewAttack shows their true colours. EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 8:18 pm

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/top-10-screwattack/701046

So Kinect is disappointing because they happen to not like the games? Big deal, Microsoft are going to be rolling in money from all directions from this new piece of technology and they couldn't care less about this anti-kinect video. I lol'd at the people suggesting that Kinect is going to fail due to the hardcore not buying it as the casual audience outnumber them entirely and judging by the Wii sales, Kinect will definably succeed. Besides it's not like Microsoft has not forgotten about the people who have brought their console as they showed off many juicy games such as Fable III, Halo: Reach, Metal Gear Solid: Rising, Call of Duty: Black Opps, Codename: Kingdoms demonstrating that they are still appreciative for those who have brought the console. They have also said many times in interviews that they are creating Kinect games which will appeal to the hardcore.

I had been a Nintendo fan for a long time, but I eventually stopped being a fan due to their endless list of mediocre games which repeat the same mistakes they did years ago and fail to inspire to modern day games like Gears of war. Nintendo has no compelling games whatsoever. They offer the same games they offered years ago. The only game of worthy value was Zelda and we all know it's going to have same predictable gameplay and story. Face it, most of the Zelda stories are crap and the controls are essentially the same as in Ocarina of Time - Lock-on, targeting, strafing, slashing. It's not fun, especially when the AI is going to be smart as a bunch of bricks and pose no real threat whatsoever.

I don't understand why Microsoft gets so much hate. They do their best to promote their system and always suggest you ring up their support service if you are in need assistance. Sony doesn't give the slightest crap about you, whether you detest them or swear allegiance to the Playstation and Nintendo lost their sense of imagination years ago, repeating the same generic games they have been creating for the past decade and are unwilling to listen to what the fans who supported them for years want. I also didn't expect ScrewAttack to sink so low. I actually liked them for at time but this video proves they are a bunch of no gooder Nintendo fanboys who couldn't care less about other companies and are unable to understand corporation decisions. Microsoft did very well this year's E3 because what they presented was appealing to the right crowds. Microsoft is creating Kinect because they want to appeal to the other crowds and not just strictly to the hardcore crowds. Why do people not want Microsoft to flourish so they can make their console even better? Even if they are showing off casual games, they're still giving you compelling games, so show a little appreciation.

By the way, don’t bother trying to defend Kinect on that video. You’ll just be bombarded by disagrees by Sony / Nintendo Fanboys due to being moronic idiots. Even if you give compelling reasons in your comment, they'll just disagree with you more due to being insecure about their choice of console.

Your words are as empty as your future. I am the vanguard of your destruction. This exchange is over.

Last edited by ShadowCK on Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Frank2368
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Frank2368

PostSubject: Re: ScrewAttack shows their true colours.   ScrewAttack shows their true colours. EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 8:58 pm

As consumers, shouldn't we be worrying about the quality of the games rather than how much money the producer earns through their products?
Back to top Go down
ShadowCK
Seaman
Seaman
ShadowCK

PostSubject: Re: ScrewAttack shows their true colours.   ScrewAttack shows their true colours. EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 9:14 pm

Frank2368 wrote:
As consumers, shouldn't we be worrying about the quality of the games rather than how much money the producer earns through their products?
Why should we be worrying about the condition of the Kinect games? They seem to be in good fashion to me. If Microsoft earns a good profit from Natal then they will likely use it to continue expanding the Xbox 360, allowing the console to be even more serviceable to users.
Back to top Go down
Frank2368
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Frank2368

PostSubject: Re: ScrewAttack shows their true colours.   ScrewAttack shows their true colours. EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 9:21 pm

ShadowCK wrote:
Frank2368 wrote:
Why should we be worrying about the condition of the Kinect games? They seem to be in good fashion to me. If Microsoft earns a good profit from Natal then they will likely use it to continue expanding the Xbox 360, allowing the console to be even more serviceable to users.
True, I'm not going to buy Kinect or any of its games anyway, and I think it's the same for most people too.

Also, is the MP of Perfect Dark good, and do people still play it?
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: ScrewAttack shows their true colours.   ScrewAttack shows their true colours. EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 9:48 pm

The Konami conference was the worse.
I mean you got four top exclusives in the Microsoft show: Gears, Halo, Forza, Fable III plus some CoD and the outstanding MGS:Rising. Those are GAMERS games.
To me it was even better than last year for fuck sake!
Back to top Go down
Frank2368
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Frank2368

PostSubject: Re: ScrewAttack shows their true colours.   ScrewAttack shows their true colours. EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 10:01 pm

I want another Forza

The game is too godly, Gran Turismo can go die. I hope Polyphony bankrupts.
Back to top Go down
ShadowCK
Seaman
Seaman
ShadowCK

PostSubject: Re: ScrewAttack shows their true colours.   ScrewAttack shows their true colours. EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 10:04 pm

Yes Perfect Dark is incredable. I am enjoying it immensely.
daveMastaKill wrote:
I mean you got four top exclusives in the Microsoft show: Gears, Halo, Forza, Fable III plus some CoD and the outstanding MGS:Rising. Those are GAMERS games.
Couldn't agree more. They were the main highlights at this E3 imo.
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: ScrewAttack shows their true colours.   ScrewAttack shows their true colours. EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 10:14 pm

daveMastaKill wrote:

No last year was far better.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: ScrewAttack shows their true colours.   ScrewAttack shows their true colours. EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 10:25 pm

How? I mean Conviction and Alan Wake are nice but not near has Gears of War III and Halo Reach. For MW2 we got Black Ops. ODST is not near has good has Reach. Fable III will probably be better than FFXIII, cuz thats not a hard thing to do. We got more Forza this year too. Some sweet MGS:Rising action, and a new exclusive from Crytek.

The Kinect show this time was the real deal (i guess) not some tech demos.

And the XB360 Slim debut.

So yeah i think it was better.
Back to top Go down
Ozsem
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: ScrewAttack shows their true colours.   ScrewAttack shows their true colours. EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 12:02 am

daveMastaKill wrote:

I thought Ubisoft was bad untill i saw Konami's

Stuttering Craig is an Ahole from what i heard from other sites. freezecracker been one of those sites.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: ScrewAttack shows their true colours.   ScrewAttack shows their true colours. EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 12:24 am

Ozsem wrote:
daveMastaKill wrote:

I thought Ubisoft was bad untill i saw Konami's

Stuttering Craig is an Ahole from what i heard from other sites. freezecracker been one of those sites.

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood was the only thing that saved Ubisoft. Great demo.
Back to top Go down
Boba_Fett
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: ScrewAttack shows their true colours.   ScrewAttack shows their true colours. EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 4:44 am

Frank2368 wrote:
I want another Forza

Dude.... Thats harsh. Even if you don't like something it's not cool to smite them. I hope the game is good and they can push technology forward so we get better looking games in the future. Though I really like forza now. Racing sims are my things.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: ScrewAttack shows their true colours.   ScrewAttack shows their true colours. EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 5:44 am

Hey awesome post.
I agree 100%.

Microsoft are wise. Let's face it, very few hardcore gamers will want to use Kinect, so by targetting the casuals with it they've really got the best of both worlds. The hardcores will want a 360 for exclusives like Gears Of War, Fable, Halo and multiplats like Metal Gear Solid and Call Of Duty. Casuals will want everything Kinect has to offer and in top of that, there are quite a few more 'casual' games like:
Viva Pinata, Banjo Kazooie, Lego games (eg: Indiana Jones), movie tie-ins (like Kung Fu Panda), Scene It, etc.

Casuals AND hardcore gamers both can enjoy Xbox 360 to the max.

And it's so funny when ps3 fanboys act as if having PC multiplats is a disadvantage. When in fact, there are more gamers without a high powered pc than gamers with one. Therefore Microsoft are targetting a larger audience, people who want to play those pc games but can't.
And on top of that, it shows the variety of the Xbox's library and how much love it gets in the industry.
It gets exclusives.
It gets multiplats with PC and PS3.
It gets multiplats with only PS3.
It gets multiplats with only PC.
It also has loads of exclusive dlc & timed exclusive dlc.
It also has a vast online arcade with multiplats with pc as well as ps3 multiplats and of course, exclusives too.

All of those are about equally divided, giving the 360 a really great games library and making it appeal to any gamer who wants to at least start off with one system.

Also check out article:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2008/jan/14/canthexbox360docasualgam

People believed 360 could only appeal to the hardcore audience because yeah, the majority of it's games are hardcore & mature and appeal to older, experienced gamers.

So now Kinect, along with those titles I mentioned above will definately make the Xbox 360 more appealing to casuals than before.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Ozsem

PostSubject: Re: ScrewAttack shows their true colours.   ScrewAttack shows their true colours. EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 10:18 am

ghost23 wrote:

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood was the only thing that saved Ubisoft. Great demo.

That and rayman.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: ScrewAttack shows their true colours.   ScrewAttack shows their true colours. EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 11:55 am

They did't like it, so what.

(I did'nt read all the post. Too much.
Back to top Go down
Inuboy1000
Inuboy1000

PostSubject: Re: ScrewAttack shows their true colours.   ScrewAttack shows their true colours. EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 6:07 pm

A couple of years ago ScrewAttack was dissing the PS3. The video itself is not that bad.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Inuboy1000z
Frank2368
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Frank2368

PostSubject: Re: ScrewAttack shows their true colours.   ScrewAttack shows their true colours. EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 7:00 pm

Boba_Fett wrote:
Frank2368 wrote:
I want another Forza

Dude.... Thats harsh. Even if you don't like something it's not cool to smite them. I hope the game is good and they can push technology forward so we get better looking games in the future. Though I really like forza now. Racing sims are my things.

Polyphony should bankrupt, how many times have they delayed the game now?
Back to top Go down
ShadowCK
Seaman
Seaman
ShadowCK

PostSubject: Re: ScrewAttack shows their true colours.   ScrewAttack shows their true colours. EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 10:04 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
They did't like it, so what.

(I did'nt read all the post. Too much..
They disliked it for immaterial reasons. As I said in my post which you decided not to read. Rolling Eyes

They didn’t like it because all they wanted was hardcore games. They don’t seem to comprehend that Microsoft wants to appeal to the casual audience as well as the hardcore audience. How are they going to do that? Kinect. Why? Greater outcome. More money will allow the company to flourish and advance their console even further. Like demondragondude rightly said, Casuals AND hardcore gamers both can enjoy Xbox 360 to the max.

Thank you for the post and link by the way demon. I agree with what you say.

FullMetalKendo wrote:
A couple of years ago ScrewAttack was dissing the PS3. The video itself is not that bad.
Yet now they praise the PlayStation 3 and even create videos specifically for the console.

FYI. The video is bad and very unprofessional.

ScrewAttack shows their true colours. ShadowCK

Your words are as empty as your future. I am the vanguard of your destruction. This exchange is over.
Back to top Go down
Frank2368
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Frank2368

PostSubject: Re: ScrewAttack shows their true colours.   ScrewAttack shows their true colours. EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 10:09 pm

Do people play the multiplayer of PD? That'll be my deciding factor of purchasing it or not. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: ScrewAttack shows their true colours.   ScrewAttack shows their true colours. EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 10:11 pm

daveMastaKill wrote:
How? I mean Conviction and Alan Wake are nice but not near has Gears of War III and Halo Reach. For MW2 we got Black Ops. ODST is not near has good has Reach. Fable III will probably be better than FFXIII, cuz thats not a hard thing to do. We got more Forza this year too. Some sweet MGS:Rising action, and a new exclusive from Crytek.

fable 3,gears 3 and reach are good but not enough. last year had the first gameplay of splinter cell,new games revealed we did not know about like l4d 2,crack down 2,and it had mgs rising first time announced that the mgs franchise is bak on xbox ever since 2003. also first time kinect was announced. this time they showed good games but reach is a spinoff of the Halo series and showing a new looking 360 isn't nothing special,its still an xbox 360...
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: ScrewAttack shows their true colours.   ScrewAttack shows their true colours. EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 12:09 am

Spartan v07 wrote:
daveMastaKill wrote:

fable 3,gears 3 and reach are good but not enough. last year had the first gameplay of splinter cell,new games revealed we did not know about like l4d 2,crack down 2,and it had mgs rising first time announced that the mgs franchise is bak on xbox ever since 2003. also first time kinect was announced. this time they showed good games but reach is a spinoff of the Halo series and showing a new looking 360 isn't nothing special,its still an xbox 360...

Don't for CoD map pack timed exclusivity, no matter how much a lot of people hate that series, it will continue to sell like crazy and I think a lot of people underestimate how important that deal will be for the XBOX 360. People who play CoD religiously will buy the XBOX 360 version because they get the DLC first. Also it will make a shitload of money for Microsoft.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: ScrewAttack shows their true colours.   ScrewAttack shows their true colours. EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 9:05 am

Spartan v07 wrote:
daveMastaKill wrote:

Dude one thing is just showing a CGI trailer with no gameplay like MGS:Rising, L4D2,Crackdown 2 and Reach. To me thats no big deal.
They didn't actually put any gameplay after. If they did the same like Twisted Metal, it was a surprise and then you knew how the game plays you had me won there.
Honest i prefer gameplay over announcements that just say "Hey dudes, heres some new games, check this CGI and then come back at Comic-con or TGS for more"
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: ScrewAttack shows their true colours.   ScrewAttack shows their true colours. EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 1:58 pm

Boba_Fett wrote:
Frank2368 wrote:
I want another Forza

Graphics, Graphics, Graphics.

Forza's physics shit all over Gran Turismo's.
Back to top Go down
Boba_Fett
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: ScrewAttack shows their true colours.   ScrewAttack shows their true colours. EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 2:18 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
Boba_Fett wrote:
Frank2368 wrote:
I want another Forza

Graphics, Graphics, Graphics.

Forza's physics shit all over Gran Turismo's.

Yeah but i'm saying that even though you dont like something its not good to wish bad fortune on them. How woukld you like it if you got your dream job on whatever it is and i said I wish that company burned to the ground and you have to struggle like the 30 million people who are right now?
Back to top Go down
Boba_Fett
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: ScrewAttack shows their true colours.   ScrewAttack shows their true colours. EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 2:20 pm

Frank2368 wrote:
Boba_Fett wrote:
Frank2368 wrote:
I want another Forza

Polyphony should bankrupt, how many times have they delayed the game now?

How about we just wish that game is a double AA title? Little better than people having to lose thier jobs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ScrewAttack shows their true colours.   ScrewAttack shows their true colours. Empty

Back to top Go down

ScrewAttack shows their true colours.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: