This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is There A Better Game Than Mass Effect 2 So Far?

Go down 
+5
ghost23
Madtoker
xjosh360s
Fauchard
Pein
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Pein
Four Star General (Moderator)
Pein

Is There A Better Game Than Mass Effect 2 So Far? Empty
PostSubject: Is There A Better Game Than Mass Effect 2 So Far?   Is There A Better Game Than Mass Effect 2 So Far? EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 4:20 pm

mass effect 2 came out january 25th 2010.and so far from that date,there hasnt been a game that can surpass it..do you guys think that mass effect 2 so far is the best game in 2010 or do you think that it may be surpassed this fall?
i was just wondering.because ive played the game again for the second time and i compared it to the other games that came out this year and so far half of the game for 2010 have been released and for me,none of them surpassed it.the only closest thing to mass effect 2 was probably red dead for me

Last edited by AndrejTheReviewer on Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fauchard
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Fauchard

PostSubject: Re: Is There A Better Game Than Mass Effect 2 So Far?   Is There A Better Game Than Mass Effect 2 So Far? EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 4:29 pm

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
mass effect 2 came out january 25th 2010.and so far from that date,there hasnt been a game that can surpass it..do you guys think that mass effect 2 so far is the best game in 2010 or do you think that it may be surpassed this fall?
i was just wondering.because ive played the game again for the second time and i compared it to the other games that came out this year and so far half of the game for 2010 have been released and for me,none of them surpassed it.the only closest thing to mass effect 2 was probably red dead for me

Starcraft 2 will surpass it, but that is just my opinion
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is There A Better Game Than Mass Effect 2 So Far?   Is There A Better Game Than Mass Effect 2 So Far? EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 4:33 pm

Red Dead is the only game that came close for me as well. I think ME2 will get GOTY, with Red Dead and Reach as close competitors. Thats my prediction.
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: Is There A Better Game Than Mass Effect 2 So Far?   Is There A Better Game Than Mass Effect 2 So Far? EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 9:03 pm

nope me2 is still the best until reach
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is There A Better Game Than Mass Effect 2 So Far?   Is There A Better Game Than Mass Effect 2 So Far? EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 9:33 pm

xjosh360s wrote:

So your are a Halo fanboy first and a Mass Effect fanboy second. Correct?

BTW, I and going to wait for other games to come out, particularly during the Fall. But I would say maybe Halo Reach.
Back to top Go down
Madtoker
Master Chief Petty Officer
Madtoker

PostSubject: Re: Is There A Better Game Than Mass Effect 2 So Far?   Is There A Better Game Than Mass Effect 2 So Far? EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 10:35 pm

i actually had alot of fun playing gow 3 at my cousins house i stayed up all night just to beat it
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Is There A Better Game Than Mass Effect 2 So Far?   Is There A Better Game Than Mass Effect 2 So Far? EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 12:04 am

Personally, I liked Alan Wake most in the first half of the year. The story, characters, setting and graphics were just so amazing. Mass Effect 2 is definitely a close 2nd.

For the second half of the year, Halo Reach and Assassin's Creed Brotherhood will take over my life.
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: Is There A Better Game Than Mass Effect 2 So Far?   Is There A Better Game Than Mass Effect 2 So Far? EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 12:16 am

Ezekiel 703 wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:

So your are a Halo fanboy first and a Mass Effect fanboy second. Correct?

BTW, I and going to wait for other games to come out, particularly during the Fall. But I would say maybe Halo Reach.
actually i dont even think reach would be better u can't compare an rpg with a shooter u made me realize so probably fable 3 would be the game to beat me2 lol at e3 peter said that fable 3 is gonna be an rpg
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: Is There A Better Game Than Mass Effect 2 So Far?   Is There A Better Game Than Mass Effect 2 So Far? EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 12:17 am

ghost23 wrote:
Personally, I liked Alan Wake most in the first half of the year. The story, characters, setting and graphics were just so amazing. Mass Effect 2 is definitely a close 2nd.

For the second half of the year, Halo Reach and Assassin's Creed Brotherhood will take over my life.
assasins creed is gonna be awesome
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Is There A Better Game Than Mass Effect 2 So Far?   Is There A Better Game Than Mass Effect 2 So Far? EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 1:35 am

xjosh360s wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Yeah. It's set in Rome, you lead a group of assassin's and an amazing multiplayer. They also made the combat a lot more fast paced and no more waiting for counterattacks. I can't wait to do an assassination from the top of the Colosseum.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Is There A Better Game Than Mass Effect 2 So Far?   Is There A Better Game Than Mass Effect 2 So Far? EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 3:49 am

ghost23 wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Yeah. It's set in Rome, you lead a group of assassin's and an amazing multiplayer. They also made the combat a lot more fast paced and no more waiting for counterattacks. I can't wait to do an assassination from the top of the Colosseum.
i dont get why people are soo hyped about assassins creed brotherhood,sure it looks great but i would rather wait for assassins creed 3.and ubisoft said that ac3 will have new characters,new setting and cool new stuff,as for ac:brotherhood,i will get it but i dont except GOTY from it
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Is There A Better Game Than Mass Effect 2 So Far?   Is There A Better Game Than Mass Effect 2 So Far? EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 3:54 am

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

i dont get why people are soo hyped about assassins creed brotherhood,sure it looks great but i would rather wait for assassins creed 3.and ubisoft said that ac3 will have new characters,new setting and cool new stuff,as for ac:brotherhood,i will get it but i dont except GOTY from it

Well I am the biggest AC fan on this forum. It's great because its an innovation in terms of multiplayer. Every single person on the internet was extremely skeptical about Assassin's Creed multiplayer (including me). But they basically blew us away at E3 and proved that if done right, even the exclusive single player games can have multiplayer.

AC3 won't be out until late 2012 or 2013, thats a long time in waiting.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Is There A Better Game Than Mass Effect 2 So Far?   Is There A Better Game Than Mass Effect 2 So Far? EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 4:23 am

ghost23 wrote:
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Well I am the biggest AC fan on this forum. It's great because its an innovation in terms of multiplayer. Every single person on the internet was extremely skeptical about Assassin's Creed multiplayer (including me). But they basically blew us away at E3 and proved that if done right, even the exclusive single player games can have multiplayer.

actually it will be out next year.simply because ac1 was released 2007,ac2 was released 2009,ac:brotherhood will be released 2010 and the time that ubisoft took them to make a another ac game was 2 years and i think next year they might announce ac3,the multiplayer looks great but i think i will be playing it for short time
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Is There A Better Game Than Mass Effect 2 So Far?   Is There A Better Game Than Mass Effect 2 So Far? EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 5:08 am

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
xjosh360s wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

actually it will be out next year.simply because ac1 was released 2007,ac2 was released 2009,ac:brotherhood will be released 2010 and the time that ubisoft took them to make a another ac game was 2 years and i think next year they might announce ac3,the multiplayer looks great but i think i will be playing it for short time

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3180303

Quote :
When Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood releases on November 16, it'll have been almost exactly a year after the release of Assassin's Creed 2. But don't expect yearly sequels to become the norm for the series: Speaking to Eurogamer, Ubisoft Montreal's Jean-Francois Boivin said they already intend to give the series a year off, as there won't be a new Assassin's Creed in 2011.

"Honestly, I think for the benefit of everybody -- and business can come back and override everything I say because at the end of the day it's about selling games -- I believe that this license needs a breather," Boivin explained. "You can't plough a field every year. Once every three years -- or once every something -- you have to let it breathe. You have to let the minerals back in. I think it's the same thing with any license, really."

Boivin pointed to other franchises infamous for yearly sequels as evidence that it tends to diminish excitement for a series. "We can see a lot of the music games that are releasing year after year -- the interest is a lot less than it used to be," Boivin said. "The excitement is a lot less than it used to be. You want to keep people excited. You gotta make people miss it a bit."

As for exactly how long this "breather" will last, Boivin said he's unsure but it'll come down to "business people" putting a release date on the next game, and "creative people" saying "we need this much time to do something new and refreshing, just scope wise." And that could mean a year off, or perhaps more.

"If we skip a year, I think we're good. But yeah, I think we could do something really true to the license if we skip a year and release it in 2012 or 2013," Boivin said.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Is There A Better Game Than Mass Effect 2 So Far?   Is There A Better Game Than Mass Effect 2 So Far? EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 6:41 am

Well, in terms of ratings, to my knowledge Super Mario Galaxy 2 was the only game to beat it amirite?

I would say it's arguable, I reckon that I would prefer Alan Wake to ME2 though considering I've played none of them so far I cannot say Sad

Red Dead Redemption probably comes very close. It's one of my favourite games ever even though to me it didn't have the same amazing replayability as TES Oblivion or Bully.

Multiplayer really is an excellent addition, prevents it getting boring.

Halo Reach is obviously going to be amazing. Will it surpass ME2? Only time will tell. Razz

I'm praying Bethesda release another Elder Scrolls game. I poured over 100 hours in it (under 60 hours clocked in my main save but at least another 40 hours spent on other savegames and also from trial n' error, when I did stuff but didn't save). I recently lost my save following an update but I don't care, I'm starting again from scratch with a brand new character and I'm willing to complete it again. Razz

A new TES game would be THE GOTY.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Is There A Better Game Than Mass Effect 2 So Far?   Is There A Better Game Than Mass Effect 2 So Far? EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 9:19 am

Nothing touches Mass Effect 2 for me. It being the best game so far this year, although I havent played Alan Wake yet I doubt it will be as epic as ME 2.
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: Is There A Better Game Than Mass Effect 2 So Far?   Is There A Better Game Than Mass Effect 2 So Far? EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 12:10 pm

I like Milo....
Back to top Go down
handkerchief

PostSubject: Re: Is There A Better Game Than Mass Effect 2 So Far?   Is There A Better Game Than Mass Effect 2 So Far? EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 12:33 pm

i think alan wake is better ME2 and ive only just started playing the game. also red dead redemption has alot more to offer than ME2.

i dont think that ME2 was that good of a game compared to what has come out this year so far.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is There A Better Game Than Mass Effect 2 So Far?   Is There A Better Game Than Mass Effect 2 So Far? EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 8:04 pm

NoelX2 wrote:
I like Milo....

MILO FTW!!! lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is There A Better Game Than Mass Effect 2 So Far?   Is There A Better Game Than Mass Effect 2 So Far? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is There A Better Game Than Mass Effect 2 So Far?
Page 1 of 1