This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sony is going to charge $15/month for DC Universe online.

Go down 
+16
optimusprime
Blackou7
Boba_Fett
Lt Xplosi
Jsamps
ghost23
NoWayJose
Master_Chief
CakeisaLIE
GeneralMLD
Ozsem
Freemon34'
Inuboy1000
Yusuke Urameshi
Stigma
DarkSwarm85
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DarkSwarm85
Master Chief Petty Officer
DarkSwarm85

Sony is going to charge $15/month for DC Universe online. Empty
PostSubject: Sony is going to charge $15/month for DC Universe online.   Sony is going to charge $15/month for DC Universe online. EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 10:02 pm

Source: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3180013

and that's just for 1 game.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Sony is going to charge $15/month for DC Universe online.   Sony is going to charge $15/month for DC Universe online. EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 10:46 pm

That's the usual price of MMO's, now it comes down to how good it actually is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sony is going to charge $15/month for DC Universe online.   Sony is going to charge $15/month for DC Universe online. EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 10:53 pm

MMO's are not worth it. Atleast most arent.
Back to top Go down
Yusuke Urameshi
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Yusuke Urameshi

PostSubject: Re: Sony is going to charge $15/month for DC Universe online.   Sony is going to charge $15/month for DC Universe online. EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 11:16 pm

The sad thing is, is that I doubt many people are even gonna get the game...

Not even pyro
Back to top Go down
Inuboy1000
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Inuboy1000

PostSubject: Re: Sony is going to charge $15/month for DC Universe online.   Sony is going to charge $15/month for DC Universe online. EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 11:44 pm

Yusuke Urameshi wrote:

Not even pyro
Dont deny Pyro getting it. The guy is the biggest hypocrite since Osama bin Laden. It's a fact, not an opinion.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Inuboy1000z
Yusuke Urameshi
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Yusuke Urameshi

PostSubject: Re: Sony is going to charge $15/month for DC Universe online.   Sony is going to charge $15/month for DC Universe online. EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 12:08 am

FullMetalKendo wrote:
Yusuke Urameshi wrote:

Not even pyro
Dont deny Pyro getting it. The guy is the biggest hypocrite since Osama bin Laden. It's a fact, not an opinion.

Uhhh...Welll....DUH!? XD
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: Sony is going to charge $15/month for DC Universe online.   Sony is going to charge $15/month for DC Universe online. EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 12:13 am

lol and on my PSN vs XBL I said it was only $13, time to crank PSN up another $24 a year lol.
Back to top Go down
Ozsem

PostSubject: Re: Sony is going to charge $15/month for DC Universe online.   Sony is going to charge $15/month for DC Universe online. EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 12:49 pm

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
MMO's are not worth it. Atleast most arent.

Thats true. Only one i pay for is Wow. In the USA its $14:99 per month. UK its £8.99 per month but £7.69 in you get a six month sub. Thats about $12:99 in the USA.

Yeah good luck DC Universe, if the game does not get an high AAA it will never beat the competition.

Look what happen to LOTR online. now its free cause they never stood a chance.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Sony is going to charge $15/month for DC Universe online.   Sony is going to charge $15/month for DC Universe online. EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 12:55 pm

if they bitch about $50 per year, i dont see them getting this.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
CakeisaLIE

CakeisaLIE

PostSubject: Re: Sony is going to charge $15/month for DC Universe online.   Sony is going to charge $15/month for DC Universe online. EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 2:31 pm

Its a MMO from my understanding.

Dont make stupid comments without doing your research.

World of Warcraft, Age of Connan, Aion, etc, all those MMO's charge a monthly fee, so explain to me why is it wrong for them to do the same?
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Sony is going to charge $15/month for DC Universe online.   Sony is going to charge $15/month for DC Universe online. EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 2:36 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
The same hypocrites who bitched about 50 dollars a year for Live yet gladly paid 50 dollars for PS+ will pay for this MMO as well.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Sony is going to charge $15/month for DC Universe online.   Sony is going to charge $15/month for DC Universe online. EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 2:37 pm

CakeisaLIE wrote:
Its a MMO from my understanding.

Dont make stupid comments without doing your research.

World of Warcraft, Age of Connan, Aion, etc, all those MMO's charge a monthly fee, so explain to me why is it wrong for them to do the same?
Hey look, a banned troll bypassing a ban with a new account. See ya, loser. LMAO
Back to top Go down
NoWayJose

PostSubject: Re: Sony is going to charge $15/month for DC Universe online.   Sony is going to charge $15/month for DC Universe online. EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 3:28 pm

So let me get this straight, first you fail at banning my IP from registering(hello this is another account).
Then you comment saying I am banned, even though I actually did not troll, and responded to a topic, the only reason i can
see that you banned me is because you did not agree with what i said.

Great butthurt, 14 year old attitute there champ, what a bad moderator you are, dont ban someone just because you don't
agree with their opinion, it makes you look pathetic.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Sony is going to charge $15/month for DC Universe online.   Sony is going to charge $15/month for DC Universe online. EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 3:36 pm

NoWayJose wrote:
So let me get this straight, first you fail at banning my IP from registering(hello this is another account).
Then you comment saying I am banned, even though I actually did not troll, and responded to a topic, the only reason i can

Great butthurt, 14 year old attitute there champ, what a bad moderator you are, dont ban someone just because you don't
LMAO Your opinion means nothing to me so get over yourself. I banned you because another mod had apparently banned your original account so you made another account. Bypassing a ban by making another account is against the rules and is a ban worthy offense. Thats why I banned you. And I'll just keep banning your sorry ass everytime you make another account. Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Inuboy1000
Inuboy1000

PostSubject: Re: Sony is going to charge $15/month for DC Universe online.   Sony is going to charge $15/month for DC Universe online. EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 3:51 pm

NoWayJose wrote:

Last time I checked Master_Chief was not 14 years old. So fail to you sir!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Inuboy1000z
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Sony is going to charge $15/month for DC Universe online.   Sony is going to charge $15/month for DC Universe online. EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 3:14 am

NoWayJose wrote:

You are the butthurt one that feels the need to troll our forum. Why don't you go play your PS3 games instead?
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Sony is going to charge $15/month for DC Universe online.   Sony is going to charge $15/month for DC Universe online. EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 10:18 am

NoWayJose wrote:

No, its pathetic to try to get that point across in the first place.....thinking you can change perceptions lol
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
Jsamps
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Sony is going to charge $15/month for DC Universe online.   Sony is going to charge $15/month for DC Universe online. EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 1:13 pm

[quote="Master_Chief"][quote="GeneralMLD"]if they bitch about $50 per year, i dont see them getting this. [/quote] The same hypocrites who bitched about 50 dollars a year for Live yet gladly paid 50 dollars for PS+ will pay for this MMO as well. [/quote]

Theres a difference though. You shouldnt have to pay $50/year to play a game you already paid $60 for. Its just ridiculus. PSN+ is just a type of rental service no more no less. They are not forcing you to get it by saying you cant play a game online. Its simply an option where Live forces you to get Gold if you want to do anything. That includes Netflix which is ludicrous if you ask me.

As for the topic of the thread I think this game is gonna be a huge failure. I especially feel bad for Live users though. You have to spend $60 for the game, $50/year for online access and then $15/month to play this game. Wow thats gonna be expensive.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Sony is going to charge $15/month for DC Universe online.   Sony is going to charge $15/month for DC Universe online. EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 1:26 pm

Jsamps wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
The same hypocrites who bitched about 50 dollars a year for Live yet gladly paid 50 dollars for PS+ will pay for this MMO as well.

Theres a difference though. You shouldnt have to pay $50/year to play a game you already paid $60 for. Its just ridiculus. PSN+ is just a type of rental service no more no less. They are not forcing you to get it by saying you cant play a game online. Its simply an option where Live forces you to get Gold if you want to do anything. That includes Netflix which is ludicrous if you ask me.

As for the topic of the thread I think this game is gonna be a huge failure. I especially feel bad for Live users though. You have to spend $60 for the game, $50/year for online access and then $15/month to play this game. Wow thats gonna be expensive.

You fail first because Live is by far superior, you'll here that from everyone except for PS3 fanboys, even the neutrals agree. Second, you do not need to pay for gold membership to play MMOs, they are not not on XBL servers. Third, this game isn't even on the 360 lol, it's published by Sony Online. And lastly, it's funny because even though 360 owners pay for gold, the average 360 still buys more games than the average PS3 owner.
Back to top Go down
Jsamps
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Sony is going to charge $15/month for DC Universe online.   Sony is going to charge $15/month for DC Universe online. EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 1:36 pm

Ya fail by me. I just assumed it was gonna be cross platform. Oh well shit happens.

I dont pay for Live though. Yeah its better but it still isnt worth $50/year to play online. I have a hacked offline 360 for offline games. My online 360 rrod so I cant play it online. When I do its because I got free Live codes through various means. I refuse to pay to play online. I still have 3 months and several 48 hour codes hanging out in my email account just waiting to be used. They probably wont get used until Gears3 comes out. Hopefully they fixed the damn online.

Also for those comparing Live to PSN+ are failures. They are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT types of subscriptions. With + you get games with Live you get to play your game online. How is that a comparison? I also love how all you 360 fanboys throw the PS3 fanfagism shit around all the time. Its stupid and childish grow up.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Sony is going to charge $15/month for DC Universe online.   Sony is going to charge $15/month for DC Universe online. EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 1:47 pm

Jsamps wrote:
Also for those comparing Live to PSN+ are failures. They are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT types of subscriptions. With + you get games with Live you get to play your game online. How is that a comparison? I also love how all you 360 fanboys throw the PS3 fanfagism shit around all the time. Its stupid and childish grow up.

Are you fucking kidding me? Go look for up Freemon or Yusuke's post/threads, they've already explained it, we already know it's like a rental service.
Back to top Go down
Jsamps
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Sony is going to charge $15/month for DC Universe online.   Sony is going to charge $15/month for DC Universe online. EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 2:04 pm

I never said you were comparing them now was I?
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Sony is going to charge $15/month for DC Universe online.   Sony is going to charge $15/month for DC Universe online. EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 2:07 pm

Jsamps wrote:
I never said you were comparing them now was I?

Yeah you did, there would be no other reason for you to have said that.
Back to top Go down
Jsamps
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Sony is going to charge $15/month for DC Universe online.   Sony is going to charge $15/month for DC Universe online. EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 2:12 pm

Show me where I said it was you. This is what I said....

"Also for those comparing Live to PSN+ are failures"

I never said BlackStigma one time nor suggested it was you.

Anyway sorry for getting off topic. Shall we talk some more about how big a failure this game will be?
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Sony is going to charge $15/month for DC Universe online.   Sony is going to charge $15/month for DC Universe online. EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 2:46 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Jsamps wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

You fail first because Live is by far superior, you'll here that from everyone except for PS3 fanboys, even the neutrals agree. Second, you do not need to pay for gold membership to play MMOs, they are not not on XBL servers. Third, this game isn't even on the 360 lol, it's published by Sony Online. And lastly, it's funny because even though 360 owners pay for gold, the average 360 still buys more games than the average PS3 owner.
QFT Pretty much what I was going to say but you said it better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sony is going to charge $15/month for DC Universe online.   Sony is going to charge $15/month for DC Universe online. Empty

Back to top Go down

Sony is going to charge $15/month for DC Universe online.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: