This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation

Go down 
+18
Alan1994
Inuboy1000
Angelus the Wraith
TRF
Invincible
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Doominator99
micheal82
DemonWolf
ghost23
DarkSwarm85
Shin_Akuma
Teckno
Xiammes
GeneralMLD
Stigma
Noelol
Lord_Orpheo
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lord_Orpheo
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Lord_Orpheo

Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation Empty
PostSubject: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 9:17 pm

Lol, I love these fanboy articles. I wonder how Hell Jumper's going to respond. Wink

http://www.justpushstart.com/2010/08/23/halo-would-have-evolved-better-on-playstation/
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 9:44 pm

I don't know if its gonna be better on Playstation. Depends.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 9:51 pm

Fail, he used Metal Gear Solid 4 as an example. A game published by KONAMI. If it had been published by SCE it'd have better graphics, but probably no split screen and the controls wouldn't be as good.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 11:42 pm

wow. thats just disjusting.

name me ONE sony IP has has a freaking ENCYCLOPEDIA............

lol MS actually takes the effort to make the Halo universe as vast as it is.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
Xiammes
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Xiammes

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 12:02 am

GeneralMLD wrote:

May I ask what do you mean by Encyclopedia? Like an actual book? If thats what it is then that isn't really that much. Their are games that have a much more vast storyline on all sides of the consol war.

Just some examples of games I believe to have more complicated/better story lines then halo

Final Fantasy 7 series(not the best story line but has alot put into it)
Resident Evil series(personally RE5 ruined the entire story for me)
Metroid series(not the best story telling in the world but if you pay attention their is alot that goes into these games)
Kingdom Hearts series(fucking huge storyline, so confusing that it makes your head hurt trying to comprehend all of it)
Metal Gear Series(best story telling imo, playing the game series from the begining will always keep you guessing from start to finish)
Rachet and Clank series(not much to go into here, I just like its story)

I loved Halo's story up till the 3d game, it just felt rushed to me and lost all the momentum halo 2 had for me.

Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 12:16 am

Xiammes wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

May I ask what do you mean by Encyclopedia? Like an actual book? If thats what it is then that isn't really that much. Their are games that have a much more vast storyline on all sides of the consol war.

Just some examples of games I believe to have more complicated/better story lines then halo

Metroid series(not the best story telling in the world but if you pay attention their is alot that goes into these games)
Kingdom Hearts series(fucking huge storyline, so confusing that it makes your head hurt trying to comprehend all of it)
Metal Gear Series(best story telling imo, playing the game series from the begining will always keep you guessing from start to finish)

I loved Halo's story up till the 3d game, it just felt rushed to me and lost all the momentum halo 2 had for me.

not to be rude but none of those games are 1st party Sony. You still didnt address my question. No sony owned IP has a vast story that warrants a encyclopedia just to keep track of it all.

and by seeing your post, you are in no way aware of the non-gaming material that shapes the Halo universe.
Back to top Go down
Xiammes
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Xiammes

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 12:33 am

GeneralMLD wrote:
Xiammes wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

not to be rude but none of those games are 1st party Sony. You still didnt address my question. No sony owned IP has a vast story that warrants a encyclopedia just to keep track of it all.

and by seeing your post, you are in no way aware of the non-gaming material that shapes the Halo universe.

If you want one I guess I'll say MGS, halo has books that I have neglected to read( I have talked to friends who have the books so I get the general idea) but MGS is far more complex and had a whole game dedicated to explaining its entire plot. For the MGS is no longer and exclusive, the new game is Metal Gear Raiden which will not feature the series main character and will be drastically differant from the previous games.

Halo story has alot going on for it, but its not complex from everything I have seen and read.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 12:36 am

Xiammes wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
Xiammes wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

If you want one I guess I'll say MGS, halo has books that I have neglected to read( I have talked to friends who have the books so I get the general idea) but MGS is far more complex and had a whole game dedicated to explaining its entire plot. For the MGS is no longer and exclusive, the new game is Metal Gear Raiden which will not feature the series main character and will be drastically differant from the previous games.

Halo story has alot going on for it, but its not complex from everything I have seen and read.

MGS isnt owned by Sony. So ya........

If thats your opinion on Halo then np, but your clearly misinformed about how deep the story goes.
Back to top Go down
Xiammes
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Xiammes

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 12:41 am

GeneralMLD wrote:
Xiammes wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
Xiammes wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

MGS isnt owned by Sony. So ya........

If thats your opinion on Halo then np, but your clearly misinformed about how deep the story goes.

Well then I will be miss informed then about halo, maybe one day I might read it but untill I get money I'll just enjoy what I have.
Back to top Go down
Teckno
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 1:02 am

Xiammes wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

Finally! Someone else notices.
The side stories are truly neglected. People forget how much thought has been put into it.
Back to top Go down
Shin_Akuma
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Shin_Akuma

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 1:21 am

If Anything I think Halo would have been better if it was on the PC and the 360. I know halo 1 was on the PC but if Halo 3 was on it I would have actually played it more.
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
Master Chief Petty Officer
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 1:54 am

GeneralMLD wrote:
wow. thats just disjusting.

lol MS actually takes the effort to make the Halo universe as vast as it is.

The 360 has the Halo: Waypoint. You know what that is already.
The PS3 has the MGS: Database. It's like the same thing. But it's a 3rd party game.
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 1:56 am

That article got a 3.8 / 10 from it's voters. Razz
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 3:31 am

Keep dreaming.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 4:10 am

Quote :
Maybe loan him a dictionary and thesaurus to?

Bwahahaha! He's trying to be witty and says master chief needs a dictionary when this guy can't even spell "too"!!!
Fail!

Btw cable201 owned this guy. (in comment section)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
micheal82
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
micheal82

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 4:19 am

If Halo would have been released on the PS2 instead of the Xbox it wouldn't have gotten no where near as popular as it is now. Sony doesn't support their first party games the way Microsoft does. PSN didn't even exist so no online multiplayer. Xbox Live was one of the biggest factors in Halo's popularity. It would have failed on the PS2 because of the lack of online multiplayer support. So his article is pure grade a 100% BULLSHIT!
Back to top Go down
Doominator99
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 8:03 am

It was funny when he said master chief sounds like captian cool or king awesome, its so true, i have always hated that name.

Anyway, halo does have a good backstory but thats probubly because microsoft put so much money into it because it was there only good game last gen. PS3 games usually have good backstories and they are becomming more common like heavy rain, uncharted and mass effect
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 8:20 am

Doominator99 wrote:
It was funny when he said master chief sounds like captian cool or king awesome, its so true, i have always hated that name.

Anyway, halo does have a good backstory but thats probubly because microsoft put so much money into it because it was there only good game last gen. PS3 games usually have good backstories and they are becomming more common like heavy rain, uncharted and mass effect

I think you have the terms a bit mixed up. Heavy Rain and Uncharted may have good stories, but (as far as I am aware of) don't really have any backstory at all. It all the extra effort that Microsoft puts to expand the fiction of this universe that makes it so great. Oh and Mass Effect is still primarily associated with XBOX even though it is on PS3 now.
Back to top Go down
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 9:45 am

It's obvious why games like Halo have a huge backstory and it's primarily due to the fact the games are set in the future.

When a game comes along such as Halo which is set over 500 years in the future people want a backstory to know how we got there from the present day we live in now.

As much as Killzone pales in comparison to Halo it still has more of an expansive backstory than any other PS exclusive mainly because like Halo it is set hundreds of years in the future.

http://killzone.wikia.com/wiki/Time_Line
Back to top Go down
Xiammes
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Xiammes

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 11:15 am

micheal82 wrote:
If Halo would have been released on the PS2 instead of the Xbox it wouldn't have gotten no where near as popular as it is now. Sony doesn't support their first party games the way Microsoft does. PSN didn't even exist so no online multiplayer. Xbox Live was one of the biggest factors in Halo's popularity. It would have failed on the PS2 because of the lack of online multiplayer support. So his article is pure grade a 100% BULLSHIT!

Playstation 2 has online support, thats the whole thing the slim was for, easyer access to online gaming. People still play ps2 games online, like killzone 1 and starwars battlefront 2.
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 11:57 am

Xiammes wrote:
micheal82 wrote:

Playstation 2 has online support, thats the whole thing the slim was for, easyer access to online gaming. People still play ps2 games online, like killzone 1 and starwars battlefront 2.

Something tells me if I took Killzone 1 online right now there would be absolutely no one else playing. I tried to take Up Your Arsenal online a few years ago and it was dead.
Back to top Go down
Xiammes
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Xiammes

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 12:04 pm

Invincible wrote:
Xiammes wrote:
micheal82 wrote:

Something tells me if I took Killzone 1 online right now there would be absolutely no one else playing. I tried to take Up Your Arsenal online a few years ago and it was dead.

I played it 5 months ago I found that their is about 50 people that still play daily. More then enough people start a 16 player match.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 12:52 pm

I drool at the thought of a Halo game being written by Hideo Kojima. Whoever writes the Halo stories now needs to be fired. Yes, HellJumper, I know that Halo is an entire universe, full of books and comics and anime and blah, blah, blah, but the stories in the game, in my opinion, are presented poorly.
Back to top Go down
Angelus the Wraith
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 12:54 pm

TRF wrote:
I drool at the thought of a Halo game being written by Hideo Kojima. Whoever writes the Halo stories now needs to be fired. Yes, HellJumper, I know that Halo is an entire universe, full of books and comics and anime and blah, blah, blah, but the stories in the game, in my opinion, are presented poorly.

If Hideo Kojima wrote the stories, each halo game would be 6 dics long and would consist of 17 movie-long cutscenes.
Back to top Go down
Teckno

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 1:21 pm

Ugh, who unbanned the smartass that is Angelus The Wraith?
Glad to see you back TRF Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation Empty

Back to top Go down

Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: