This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation

Go down 
+18
Alan1994
Inuboy1000
Angelus the Wraith
TRF
Invincible
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Doominator99
micheal82
DemonWolf
ghost23
DarkSwarm85
Shin_Akuma
Teckno
Xiammes
GeneralMLD
Stigma
Noelol
Lord_Orpheo
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 9:29 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
Nanomachines? Damn you, NightFang, you spoiled the game(s) for me! Razz

Everything about the Halo game stories screams "generic". Hell, their main character is one of the most generic characters in gaming.

You're right, all FPS games have the same gameplay as Halo.
I never said anything about the gameplay. The gameplay is unique and it's what makes Halo one of my favorite shooter franchises. I just think Master Chief is a generic character.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 3:12 am

TRF wrote:
Mass Effect has a great backstory. Heavy Rain and Uncharted, not so much (although they still have great stories). I could see Uncharted developing into somewhat of a universe, but certainly not Heavy Rain (although anything's possible).

The Halo games are saved by the backstory (written by other people). The games themselves have shallow stories and Master Chief is a generally unlikable, and again, shallow character.

He is actually a really interesting character if you read "The Fall of Reach"
Back to top Go down
Doominator99
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 6:36 am

ghost23 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Mass Effect has a great backstory. Heavy Rain and Uncharted, not so much (although they still have great stories). I could see Uncharted developing into somewhat of a universe, but certainly not Heavy Rain (although anything's possible).

The Halo games are saved by the backstory (written by other people). The games themselves have shallow stories and Master Chief is a generally unlikable, and again, shallow character.

He is called master chief... HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT NAME WITHOUT LAUGHTING! Laughing
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 6:44 am

Doominator99 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
TRF wrote:

He is called master chief... HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT NAME WITHOUT LAUGHTING! Laughing
I agree. Even the name screams lack of personality.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 7:25 am

TRF wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
TRF wrote:

He has a real name
Master Chief Petty Officer is his title in the UNSC but everyone just calls him that. His real name is John.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 12:26 pm

TRF wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
TRF wrote:

Dude,Master Cheif is a great name.They call him by his rank(Master Cheif Petty Officer).That is unique and isnt used much.Usually you will see characters called by their first name or last names.And nicknames.For example "Sev" "Nathan Drake" "Cole" "Hale" "Soap" "Snake" "Marcus" "Dom" "Baird" "Rico".I could go on

Oh and Master Cheif's name isnt "Master Cheif",its "John".They just call him by Master Cheif which is unique

Whats cooler?John or Master Cheif?"Oh john, go stop the covenant!" Boring boring boring.

Please read Fall of Reach before you say hes an unlikable character and is boring.
Back to top Go down
Inuboy1000
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Inuboy1000

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 1:25 pm

ghost23 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
TRF wrote:

He has a real name
Master Chief Petty Officer is his title in the UNSC but everyone just calls him that. His real name is John.
Just like Big Boss from MGS (real name is John also). Lol.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Inuboy1000z
Teckno
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 1:43 pm

HellJumper wrote:
TRF wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
TRF wrote:

Dude,Master Cheif is a great name.They call him by his rank(Master Cheif Petty Officer).That is unique and isnt used much.Usually you will see characters called by their first name or last names.And nicknames.For example "Sev" "Nathan Drake" "Cole" "Hale" "Soap" "Snake" "Marcus" "Dom" "Baird" "Rico".I could go on

Oh and Master Cheif's name isnt "Master Cheif",its "John".They just call him by Master Cheif which is unique

Whats cooler?John or Master Cheif?"Oh john, go stop the covenant!" Boring boring boring.

Please read Fall of Reach before you say hes an unlikable character and is boring.
Notice, he said the story is presented badly in the game, not the books. And all this Master Chief stuff is pertaining to the game.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 4:47 pm

I agree though. Master Chief is kind of a boring character. Halo Reach should be pretty awesome, unless Noble 6 is just as boring as MC.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 4:51 pm

Please! Stop this halo hate!!!
It has potential!! Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 5:37 pm

Oh, so his name is John . . . that sounds so much less generic. Where have we had a protagonist with the name John?
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 8:24 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
It has potential!! Sad

I love halo, I just hate a character that happens to be in Halo. Kinda like how Rico is a total dick in KZ2, doesn't mean I don't enjoy the game.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 8:52 pm

Teckno wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
TRF wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
TRF wrote:

Notice, he said the story is presented badly in the game, not the books. And all this Master Chief stuff is pertaining to the game.

Well considering the main audience of the games is in it for the gameplay and online, it kinda makes sense to have story references there but not really emphasized except when reading the books.

its not exactly right to just say "well i dont like the stuff in the game" when the character developement in the novels more then compensates. If your gonna talk trash about the universe, you should take the whole universe into account.

The games are just there for the hardcore gamers. The games actually make up very little of the whole Halo universe.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
Teckno

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 11:27 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
Teckno wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
TRF wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
TRF wrote:

Well considering the main audience of the games is in it for the gameplay and online, it kinda makes sense to have story references there but not really emphasized except when reading the books.

its not exactly right to just say "well i dont like the stuff in the game" when the character developement in the novels more then compensates. If your gonna talk trash about the universe, you should take the whole universe into account.

The games are just there for the hardcore gamers. The games actually make up very little of the whole Halo universe.
I agree, but, if someone mostly just buys Halo games and ignores he books and comics etc etc, the story itself should at least present the story well. I'm not saying the story is presented bad, for I did not say it.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 11:43 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
I never talked trash about the universe. I just said the story was presented poorly in the games, and I was bored by the game stories. Still, letting someone else develop your character is no excuse for not developing him yourself. This universe started with the video games, you would think that the game would at least retain some sort of interesting story rather than let everyone else write all of the good material in the form of books.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 3:51 am

lol fail ps fan are but hurt they have no game ip like halo
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 9:59 am

joe11 wrote:

Joe....shut up......your making us look horrible......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 12:22 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
It has potential!! Sad

I love halo, I just hate a character that happens to be in Halo. Kinda like how Rico is a total dick in KZ2, doesn't mean I don't enjoy the game.

QFT!!! RICO IS A FAG!!!
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 12:34 pm

HellJumper wrote:
joe11 wrote:

He intentionally spells his words wrong all the time. Why he had to come back is beyond me.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 12:39 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
joe11 wrote:

He intentionally spells his words wrong all the time. Why he had to come back is beyond me.

Yea,but his post was pretty pathetic
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 1:07 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
joe11 wrote:

Hell didn't want him, I'm guessing. Dunno why. He's a perfect punishment for sinners.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Orpheo
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Lord_Orpheo

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 4:55 pm

I've noticed the only sci-fi FPS on the PS3 that comes close to the gameplay mechanics of Halo is "Section 8". Man, I loved that game. Keep in mind that "Section 8" is also on the 360 & PC. There are demos on all three systems and I would suggest people give it a try.

I'm also looking forward to getting into the Halo series. All goes well and I should have my 360 by this time next month. Smile
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 5:01 pm

Lord_Orpheo wrote:
I've noticed the only sci-fi FPS on the PS3 that comes close to the gameplay mechanics of Halo is "Section 8". Man, I loved that game. Keep in mind that "Section 8" is also on the 360 & PC. There are demos on all three systems and I would suggest people give it a try.

I'm also looking forward to getting into the Halo series. All goes well and I should have my 360 by this time next month. Smile
I thought Section 8 was pretty mediocre. It wasn't bad, but it's wasn't very good either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation   Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Halo Would've Evolved Better On PlayStation
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3