This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Voice chat and voice command not included at launch.

Go down 
+7
Stigma
DarkSwarm85
NightFang91
Arbiteris
TRF
xjosh360s
Invincible
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

Voice chat and voice command not included at launch. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voice chat and voice command not included at launch.   Voice chat and voice command not included at launch. - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 4:30 pm

Teckno wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
Teckno wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
TRF wrote:
Invincible wrote:
TRF wrote:
NightFang91 wrote:
TRF wrote:

Move looks pretty accurate, albeit a lot more expensive than Kinect for the full experience. Still, I suspect it will be a quality experience. I'm going to pick the $100 bundle up to play Time Crisis: Razing Storm, The Shoot, and Dead Space: Extraction. I hope more on-rails shooters make their way to Move because that's the only reason I want one. I wonder if Time Crisis 4 will be upgraded with Move support.
During the recent EA presentation on Gamescom (I think?) Move was really bad and laggy.
But sure, Move mite b cool if you're into rails shooters.
That's the only kind of motion control gaming I would ever do.
I never played Zak and Wiki. I've heard great things about it? What did they do with the motion controls that was so great?

On rail shooters are about the last thing I want to play. I want more games like Zack and Wiki that found some pretty clever ways to use motion control.

But yeah, I don't think I'll be getting either Kinect or Move this year. There's really nothing to play that's not a clone of something Nintendo has already done years ago.

BlackStigma wrote:
IGN made a video on this, voice command will be available at launch, not sure about voice chat though.
Well that's good. Honestly the multimedia features are the only appealing thing about Kinect.

Coming from a guy who thinks Move is apealing.I mean cmon,Move isnt appealing at all.It is a damn wii rip off that dont even LOOK good(as in design).I mean cmon,I have a wii so why should I spend 150$ on Move just to play a few hardcore games liek killzone?Im ean,I already have motion control csual games on my wii so why would I need it for Move?

See,Move is not gonna sell.It doesnt mattr if it even does work wel;.no parents are gonna buy a motiion controller for their kids for 150$ when they can spend 200$ for a wii console(which includes the same type of motion control).Not to mention Wii has games that kids love and parents know of liek Mario,Zelda,Metroid ect

Atleast Kinect has something that interests people,the tech.
Move isn't aiming at the casual market, it's aiming at the hardcore. This could be a horrible move for Sony, or a very successful one.
Also you can predict and he cannot?

Did I say he cannot predict?No I didnt.Stop twisting my words.Im telling why Move isnt gonna be a success.

Hardcore audience?Wow you got to be kidding.Sony do realize that the hardcore audience generally hates motion control,and that they arent gonna give up their duel shock 3 for Move right.....
Yes, you said "Like I said,dont judge teh product until release.Am I saying Kinect will work?No,but im saying its a possibility.Its liek the guys at the PS3N.They are saying that PS3 will win 2011,dont say who will win 2011 until that year is to an end." It's implied they can't predict.
I didn't say Sony Move would sell, I was just correcting you when you were saying Move was aimed at the casuals.

Well I didnt mean it like that
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Voice chat and voice command not included at launch.   Voice chat and voice command not included at launch. - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 6:07 pm

HellJumper wrote:
TRF wrote:
Invincible wrote:
TRF wrote:
NightFang91 wrote:
TRF wrote:

Move looks pretty accurate, albeit a lot more expensive than Kinect for the full experience. Still, I suspect it will be a quality experience. I'm going to pick the $100 bundle up to play Time Crisis: Razing Storm, The Shoot, and Dead Space: Extraction. I hope more on-rails shooters make their way to Move because that's the only reason I want one. I wonder if Time Crisis 4 will be upgraded with Move support.
During the recent EA presentation on Gamescom (I think?) Move was really bad and laggy.
But sure, Move mite b cool if you're into rails shooters.
That's the only kind of motion control gaming I would ever do.
I never played Zak and Wiki. I've heard great things about it? What did they do with the motion controls that was so great?

On rail shooters are about the last thing I want to play. I want more games like Zack and Wiki that found some pretty clever ways to use motion control.

But yeah, I don't think I'll be getting either Kinect or Move this year. There's really nothing to play that's not a clone of something Nintendo has already done years ago.

BlackStigma wrote:
IGN made a video on this, voice command will be available at launch, not sure about voice chat though.
Well that's good. Honestly the multimedia features are the only appealing thing about Kinect.

Coming from a guy who thinks Move is apealing.I mean cmon,Move isnt appealing at all.It is a damn wii rip off that dont even LOOK good(as in design).I mean cmon,I have a wii so why should I spend 150$ on Move just to play a few hardcore games liek killzone?Im ean,I already have motion control csual games on my wii so why would I need it for Move?

See,Move is not gonna sell.It doesnt mattr if it even does work wel;.no parents are gonna buy a motiion controller for their kids for 150$ when they can spend 200$ for a wii console(which includes the same type of motion control).Not to mention Wii has games that kids love and parents know of liek Mario,Zelda,Metroid ect

I do think Move is appealing. On one hand, it's been shown to actually work (there were a couple of slip-ups, but it demoed nowhere near as badly as Kinet did). I personally will only be buying the $100 bundle so I can play on-rails shooters. As for it being a Wii rip-off: yes, the external design resembles the Wii, but it's far superior technologically. One could call Kinect a superior rip-off of the EyeToy, or hell, an inferior rip-off of the Playstation Eye.

Kinect's tech does interest people: when they need a good laugh. I saw a site compare the PS Eye and Kinect, and the PS Eye is technologically superior. However, it's not going to do well. Microsoft jumped straight into the casual market. Most of their first-party studios are working on Kinect games. They only have like two studios working on real games, and one of them is working on Kinectifying their game. Kinect will not be bought by casuals looking for a console. As for people who own a 360 already, very few will buy it because it probably doesn't appeal to them. Move will be bought by many PS3 owners because of its application in hardcore games. Honestly, I don't care which sells better because I know Sony will support Move regardless.

I don't want anyone to think I'm anti-360 or anything, I'm just not all that fond of Microsoft and I think Kinect looks like a lame attempt to cannibalize Nintendo's market. I still love my 360. Smile
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Voice chat and voice command not included at launch.   Voice chat and voice command not included at launch. - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 6:35 pm

Y'know,dont think that im just saying this because I know I lost the debate but I really dont feel like debating on this anymore.

I could easily reply to your last posts but id rather not.Nothing personal,im just not much into debating anymore
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Voice chat and voice command not included at launch.   Voice chat and voice command not included at launch. - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 6:36 pm

HellJumper wrote:
I lost the debate.
Sweet. Cool

Yeah, I get you, no problem, bro. Fun while it lasted. Smile
Back to top Go down
NightFang91
Senior Chief Petty Officer
NightFang91

PostSubject: Re: Voice chat and voice command not included at launch.   Voice chat and voice command not included at launch. - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 6:42 pm

TRF wrote:

I'm just not all that fond of Microsoft and I think Kinect looks like a lame attempt to cannibalize Nintendo's market. I still love my 360. Smile
And Move isn't? Which hardware is the most similar to the Wiimote, Kinect or Move? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Voice chat and voice command not included at launch.   Voice chat and voice command not included at launch. - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 6:50 pm

NightFang91 wrote:
TRF wrote:

I'm just not all that fond of Microsoft and I think Kinect looks like a lame attempt to cannibalize Nintendo's market. I still love my 360. Smile
And Move isn't? Which hardware is the most similar to the Wiimote, Kinect or Move? Rolling Eyes
No, Move isn't. Move is a great attempt to cannibalize Nintendo's market. Sure, it's going to fail in that sense, but it will still do pretty well.
Back to top Go down
NightFang91
NightFang91

PostSubject: Re: Voice chat and voice command not included at launch.   Voice chat and voice command not included at launch. - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 6:51 pm

TRF wrote:

No, Move isn't. Move is a great attempt to cannibalize Nintendo's market. Sure, it's going to fail in that sense, but it will still do pretty well.
I'm quite certain they'll both suck.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Voice chat and voice command not included at launch.   Voice chat and voice command not included at launch. - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 6:54 pm

NightFang91 wrote:
TRF wrote:

You may be right, but based on the demos of each, I have a feeling only one of them will suck.
Back to top Go down
NightFang91
NightFang91

PostSubject: Re: Voice chat and voice command not included at launch.   Voice chat and voice command not included at launch. - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 7:02 pm

TRF wrote:
NightFang91 wrote:
TRF wrote:

You may be right, but based on the demos of each, I have a feeling only one of them will suck.
Judging by the recent demonstrations (Gamescom) they both have horrible lag and shitty precision.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eypj77JdGsI

Skip to 6 min.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Voice chat and voice command not included at launch.   Voice chat and voice command not included at launch. - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 7:15 pm

NightFang91 wrote:
TRF wrote:
NightFang91 wrote:
TRF wrote:

Judging by the recent demonstrations (Gamescom) they both have horrible lag and shitty precision.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eypj77JdGsI

Skip to 6 min.
That could very well be the software at fault. The only reason I don't think the software in Kinect is at fault is because Kinect lags and is imprecise every single time.
Back to top Go down
Crystie Cao
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Crystie Cao

Location : And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, Britain.

PostSubject: Re: Voice chat and voice command not included at launch.   Voice chat and voice command not included at launch. - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 8:48 am

the hardware itself is flawed, by way of the fact that there is a large imput lag between actions and onscreen actions.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Voice chat and voice command not included at launch.   Voice chat and voice command not included at launch. - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 10:01 am

TRF wrote:
HellJumper wrote:
I lost the debate.
Sweet. Cool

Yeah, I get you, no problem, bro. Fun while it lasted. Smile

LMAO!
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: Voice chat and voice command not included at launch.   Voice chat and voice command not included at launch. - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 5:07 pm

HellJumper wrote:

I don't think Move will convert too many Wii owners. It's just there for existing PS3 users who might be interested in motion control. Ya know, someone who played Wii Sports at a friends house and thought it was neat. Now they can get a similar game and controller for their PS3 for half the price of a Wii. And maybe sometime down the road they'll use it for Killzone 3 or whatever.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Voice chat and voice command not included at launch.   Voice chat and voice command not included at launch. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Voice chat and voice command not included at launch.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: Kinect-
Jump to: