This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign?

Go down 
+9
raspymanic1
Arbiteris
ghost23
ZeInFormer
Stoney
TRF
Stigma
Blixtstorm
Alan1994
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

How much did you like the campaign
From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? Vote_lcap8%From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? Vote_rcap
 8% [ 2 ]
From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? Vote_lcap0%From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? Vote_lcap0%From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? Vote_lcap23%From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? Vote_rcap
 23% [ 6 ]
From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? Vote_lcap31%From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? Vote_rcap
 31% [ 8 ]
From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? Vote_lcap12%From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? Vote_rcap
 12% [ 3 ]
From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? Vote_lcap26%From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? Vote_rcap
 26% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 26

AuthorMessage
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? Empty
PostSubject: From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign?   From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 12:34 pm

Not the entire game, just the campaign.

I give it a solid 9.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Four Star General (Moderator)
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign?   From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 1:01 pm

Halo 2's campaign was better, so was Halo CE.

But a solid 7, almost 8... But no higher. I think it was a tad to short, I wished they would have added another mission to really bond with the other spartans...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign?   From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 1:15 pm

They introduced things but didn't really support them. Kinda hard to explain. But what I'm trying to say is that they for example introduced Reach's wildlife, but after they did they were gone, didn't come back. Those two sloth dinosaur things were cool, but they were only in that level, and only 2. And there were a shitload of scarabs on Reach, yet you never fought a single one. The sabar was fucking awesome, yet it was only in that one level, and you only got to use it for a little while.

But the rest of it was pretty damn awesome.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign?   From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 1:27 pm

I'll give it an 8. It was really slow in the beginning, the voice acting was par, but not great, and the cutscenes were boring (they started getting better towards the end). Thankfully, Bungie presented enough variety to keep me entertained, but overall, I've had better single-player experiences.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign?   From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 1:53 pm

Slow start, but picked itself up as the game progressed further. I give it an 8. Although Im sure it would be alot more fun on 4 player co-op.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign?   From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 2:19 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
Slow start, but picked itself up as the game progressed further. I give it an 8. Although Im sure it would be alot more fun on 4 player co-op.

It was less fun for me with 4-player co-op. Well, the gunplay was better with co-op. But my friends kept distracting me when I was watching the cutscenes Mad
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign?   From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 3:24 pm

8.5. I enjoyed it, but not as good as the previous games.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign?   From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 3:44 pm

8, not the best Halo and not the worst. Better than Halo 3's for sure.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign?   From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 7:15 pm

I give it a 10. It's the best Halo campaign that I've played and I found that there wasn't a single mission that I hated. In every other Halo there was at least one mission that I absolutely hated (mainly because of the flood) but that didn't occur this time around.
I thought the ending was an amazing idea and I have to commend Marty O"Donnell on another amazing score that kicked in at exactly the right moments.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign?   From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 8:32 pm

Come to think of it I am lowering to 7, it wasn't that great. Got bored at some parts.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign?   From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 3:31 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Come to think of it I am lowering to 7, it wasn't that great. Got bored at some parts.

You suck

The ending of the game alone gives it a 9
Back to top Go down
raspymanic1
Master Chief Petty Officer
raspymanic1

PostSubject: Re: From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign?   From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 3:34 pm

10 for sure best game on 360 cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign?   From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 3:40 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

You suck

YOU HAVENT PLAYED IT
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign?   From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 3:40 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

You suck

YOU HAVENT PLAYED IT

No but ive watched the entire campaign(its called walkthroughs dude)
Back to top Go down
Teckno

PostSubject: Re: From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign?   From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 3:43 pm

Watched it... Laughing
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign?   From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 3:57 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

You suck

YOU HAVENT PLAYED IT

Watching it is not the same as playing it. The ending is nothing special. Hell, the story of the game is nothing special.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign?   From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 4:05 pm

TRF wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

You suck

YOU HAVENT PLAYED IT

Watching it is not the same as playing it. The ending is nothing special. Hell, the story of the game is nothing special.

Exactly. Ive watching gameplay of many games, but playing them is a lot different.
Back to top Go down
raspymanic1
raspymanic1

PostSubject: Re: From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign?   From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 4:12 pm

TRF wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

You suck

YOU HAVENT PLAYED IT

the ending is epic. tru story driven - hope, courage and sacrifice
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign?   From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 4:58 pm

raspymanic1 wrote:
The characters were one-dimensional, the cutscenes were boring up until the end, the pacing was poor, and the dialogue was far from anything to write home about.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign?   From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 5:19 pm

TRF wrote:
raspymanic1 wrote:
The characters were one-dimensional, the cutscenes were boring up until the end, the pacing was poor, and the dialogue was far from anything to write home about.

Watching the game allows me to judge its story,charcters mission ect.

I disagree,the story was epic.The characters were good,they werent some swearing asshole marines like in other shooters.Each one also has personality.

the cutscenes were boring?Let me guess,a only good cutscene for you is one that involves explosions right?No,Reach's cutscenes were great and really helped telling the story.They seemed very real.The character deaths were very well done and I loved how before some of the missions aunti dot showed on a map what is gonig on and I also love how the cutscenes show the date and time.Halo Reach's cutscenes were awesome

What was wrong with is dialogue?

And the overall story for reach was pure epic.Tons of action,sacrifice and hope.

Now,the only downside of watching the campaign I cant judge how much fun I had playing it.But I can judge the story characters ect
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign?   From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 5:33 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
TRF wrote:
raspymanic1 wrote:

I disagree,the story was epic.The characters were good,they werent some swearing asshole marines like in other shooters.Each one also has personality.

the cutscenes were boring?Let me guess,a only good cutscene for you is one that involves explosions right?No,Reach's cutscenes were great and really helped telling the story.They seemed very real.The character deaths were very well done and I loved how before some of the missions aunti dot showed on a map what is gonig on and I also love how the cutscenes show the date and time.Halo Reach's cutscenes were awesome

And the overall story for reach was pure epic.Tons of action,sacrifice and hope.

Now,the only downside of watching the campaign I cant judge how much fun I had playing it.But I can judge the story characters ect
No, I like cutscenes that have interesting dialogue and interesting characters, neither of which the cutscenes had. If I only liked explosions, I wouldn't have loved Heavy Rain, now would I have?
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign?   From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 5:36 pm

TRF wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
TRF wrote:
raspymanic1 wrote:

No, I like cutscenes that have interesting dialogue and interesting characters, neither of which the cutscenes had. If I only liked explosions, I wouldn't have loved Heavy Rain, now would I have?

You cant expect a small team of characters in one shooter to have as much depth as say someone from heavy rain or some RPG
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign?   From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 5:39 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
You cant expect a small team of characters in one shooter to have as much depth as say someone from heavy rain or some RPG
Why not? Heavy Rain had four characters that were all fleshed-out incredibly well, and I'm pretty sure the game can be completed in less time than Halo: Reach (don't quote me on that).

Besides, just because Bungie has an excuse (it's a small team of characters in one shooter) doesn't mean I can give the character development a pass.
Back to top Go down
raspymanic1
raspymanic1

PostSubject: Re: From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign?   From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 5:41 pm

TRF wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
TRF wrote:
raspymanic1 wrote:

this i your opinion btw i think the best told stories on xbox have all been halo imo
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign?   From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 5:50 pm

raspymanic1 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
TRF wrote:
raspymanic1 wrote:

this i your opinion btw i think the best told stories on xbox have all been halo imo
I think Gears of War presents the story in a much better fashion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign?   From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? Empty

Back to top Go down

From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: Halo-
Jump to: