This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign?

Go down 
+9
raspymanic1
Arbiteris
ghost23
ZeInFormer
Stoney
TRF
Stigma
Blixtstorm
Alan1994
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

How much did you like the campaign
From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 2 ]
From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
 0% [ 0 ]
From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? - Page 2 Vote_lcap23%From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 23% [ 6 ]
From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? - Page 2 Vote_lcap31%From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 31% [ 8 ]
From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? - Page 2 Vote_lcap12%From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 12% [ 3 ]
From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? - Page 2 Vote_lcap26%From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 26% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 26

AuthorMessage
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign?   From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 6:28 pm

TRF wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
You cant expect a small team of characters in one shooter to have as much depth as say someone from heavy rain or some RPG
Why not? Heavy Rain had four characters that were all fleshed-out incredibly well, and I'm pretty sure the game can be completed in less time than Halo: Reach (don't quote me on that).

Besides, just because Bungie has an excuse (it's a small team of characters in one shooter) doesn't mean I can give the character development a pass.

By your logic, sports games should be penilized for having no story.Different genres and different types of games have different standards.

And the characters in reach were well done.You havnt given any reasons yet how they werent
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign?   From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 6:33 pm

raspymanic1 wrote:
10 for sure best game on 360 cheers

I'm talking about campaign. Not the game.
Back to top Go down
KonaBro
Seaman
Seaman
KonaBro

PostSubject: Re: From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign?   From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 6:41 pm

Solid 7.5. It was a good ride but the length of the campaign for Bungie's last game really should have been longer.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign?   From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 6:49 pm

KonaBro wrote:
Solid 7.5. It was a good ride but the length of the campaign for Bungie's last game really should have been longer.

8-10 hours..Id say thats pretty good length for a shooter nowadays.Alot of them now are even shorter than that
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign?   From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 7:16 pm

The characters could have been fleshed out more. I really didn't care for the characters bar Noble Six. The ending was very good though.
Back to top Go down
KonaBro
Seaman
Seaman
KonaBro

PostSubject: Re: From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign?   From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 7:16 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
KonaBro wrote:

8-10 hours..Id say thats pretty good length for a shooter nowadays.Alot of them now are even shorter than that

8-10 hours on Legendary maybe but I cruised through Halo on Normal in like 5 hours. I'll have to see my exact time though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign?   From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 10:32 pm

KonaBro wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
KonaBro wrote:

8-10 hours on Legendary maybe but I cruised through Halo on Normal in like 5 hours. I'll have to see my exact time though.

Yeah, I got 6 maybe 7 hours on normal. Not very long
Back to top Go down
Madtoker
Master Chief Petty Officer
Madtoker

PostSubject: Re: From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign?   From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 7:03 pm

watching it doesnt count...

i give a 7... boring alot and repetetive but the music and ending were cool
Back to top Go down
Madtoker
Madtoker

PostSubject: Re: From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign?   From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 7:05 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
TRF wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
TRF wrote:
raspymanic1 wrote:
the ending is epic. tru story driven - hope, courage and sacrifice
The characters were one-dimensional, the cutscenes were boring up until the end, the pacing was poor, and the dialogue was far from anything to write home about.

Watching the game allows me to judge its story,charcters mission ect.

I disagree,the story was epic.The characters were good,they werent some swearing asshole marines like in other shooters.Each one also has personality.

the cutscenes were boring?Let me guess,a only good cutscene for you is one that involves explosions right?No,Reach's cutscenes were great and really helped telling the story.They seemed very real.The character deaths were very well done and I loved how before some of the missions aunti dot showed on a map what is gonig on and I also love how the cutscenes show the date and time.Halo Reach's cutscenes were awesome

What was wrong with is dialogue?

And the overall story for reach was pure epic.Tons of action,sacrifice and hope.

Now,the only downside of watching the campaign I cant judge how much fun I had playing it.But I can judge the story characters ect
No, I like cutscenes that have interesting dialogue and interesting characters, neither of which the cutscenes had. If I only liked explosions, I wouldn't have loved Heavy Rain, now would I have?

You cant expect a small team of characters in one shooter to have as much depth as say someone from heavy rain or some RPG
it EASIER to have more depth with less characters...
take masterchief for example, he was the last of his kind which was cool
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign?   From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 8:26 pm

Madtoker wrote:

Actually it does.I can easily tell how good its story and what its missions are like.The only thing I cant judge is the fun factor which I will find out next week when I get to play it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign?   From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 10:40 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
Madtoker wrote:

Actually it does.I can easily tell how good its story and what its missions are like.The only thing I cant judge is the fun factor which I will find out next week when I get to play it

And the fun factor is why we play games. And that is the biggest influence in rating a game's campaign.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign?   From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 11:24 am

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Madtoker wrote:

And the fun factor is why we play games. And that is the biggest influence in rating a game's campaign.

Thats debatable.Because story can greatly influence "fun" for some gamers.If a game has crappy gameplay but great story ill probally have more fun with it then I would if it was vice versa.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign?   From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 4:03 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Madtoker wrote:

Thats debatable.Because story can greatly influence "fun" for some gamers.If a game has crappy gameplay but great story ill probally have more fun with it then I would if it was vice versa.

Well to each his own then. But at least for me, and most people I know, gameplay > story.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign?   From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 6:44 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Madtoker wrote:

Well to each his own then. But at least for me, and most people I know, gameplay > story.
Especially since Reach has a mediocre story. I never invested much interest in the story since, frankly, it's pretty lousy.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign?   From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 6:54 pm

TRF wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Madtoker wrote:

Especially since Reach has a mediocre story. I never invested much interest in the story since, frankly, it's pretty lousy.

It wasn't mediocre. I just didn't like how it was executed. They could have definantely fleshed out the characters more. The campaign level design and the missions themselves were pretty fun though.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign?   From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 6:56 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Madtoker wrote:

It wasn't mediocre. I just didn't like how it was executed. They could have definantely fleshed out the characters more. The campaign level design and the missions themselves were pretty fun though.
Yes, the missions themselves were pretty fun. The campaign as a whole was fun. I'm just saying the story was mediocre/lousy.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign?   From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 7:17 pm

TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Madtoker wrote:

Yes, the missions themselves were pretty fun. The campaign as a whole was fun. I'm just saying the story was mediocre/lousy.

No it wasnt. The game illustated the Fall of Reach wonderfully. The story wasnt about the characters, it was about courage and the Fall of Reach itself(biggest battle in the human/covenant war).

They even presented the cutscenes great.I loved how they showed the date,time and location

But how well the story was is oppinion.You think that halo games have bad story, I think the total opposite.we both have different tastes
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign?   From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 7:40 pm

TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Madtoker wrote:

Well then that's all that should matter. Shooters generally have very generic storylines. Even UC2 which had great cinematics and voice acting had a pretty basic story and plot.

If you want the Halo story at it's best, you should buy the books.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign?   From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 7:43 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
Well then that's all that should matter. Shooters generally have very generic storylines. Even UC2 which had great cinematics and voice acting had a pretty basic story and plot.

I wouldn't be praising Reach if the mediocre story bothered me all that much, now would I? I gave up on the Halo story a long time ago. Yeah, Uncharted 2 had a basic story and plot, but it was still way out of Halo's league. It had a basic plot, but the characters were interesting and the writing was brilliant. That is what makes a story great, even if the plot is basic.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign?   From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 7:47 pm

TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

I wouldn't be praising Reach if the mediocre story bothered me all that much, now would I? I gave up on the Halo story a long time ago. Yeah, Uncharted 2 had a basic story and plot, but it was still way out of Halo's league. It had a basic plot, but the characters were interesting and the writing was brilliant. That is what makes a story great, even if the plot is basic.

Thats easily dabatable.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign?   From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 7:50 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

Thats easily dabatable.
Then debate away.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign?   From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 8:07 pm

TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

This is where most games fail in terms of an actual decent storyline. It doesn't matter if the side characters are interesting, that's icing on the cake. How good a game's plot pretty much develops the frame of how decent the overall storyline is.

Another example: Mass Effect 2. ME2 has argueablly one of the best side characters and stories connected to them in the history of games. The main plot however, sucks. All you do is fight the collectors a couple times and then go to their turf and kill another reaper. You never truely learn more about the Collectors or the Collector General. The side characters that you picked up had absolutely no meaning or true purpose whatsoever to the mainplot. With the exception of Mordin, who made you a remedy to stop you from getting frozen by those collector bugs.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign?   From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 8:16 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

This is where most games fail in terms of an actual decent storyline. It doesn't matter if the side characters are interesting, that's icing on the cake. How good a game's plot pretty much develops the frame of how decent the overall storyline is.

Another example: Mass Effect 2. ME2 has argueablly one of the best side characters and stories connected to them in the history of games. The main plot however, sucks. All you do is fight the collectors a couple times and then go to their turf and kill another reaper. You never truely learn more about the Collectors or the Collector General. The side characters that you picked up had absolutely no meaning or true purpose whatsoever to the mainplot. With the exception of Mordin, who made you a remedy to stop you from getting frozen by those collector bugs.
Games rarely have good plots. The last game I played that had a great plot was Red Dead Redemption, and even in that game, the characters were the best part.
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign?   From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 9:05 am

Halo: CE was more of Sci Fi.
Halo: Reach was more like a war themed.

I like the Sci Fi more.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign?   From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 2:54 pm

DarkSwarm85 wrote:
Halo: CE was more of Sci Fi.
Halo: Reach was more like a war themed.

I like the Sci Fi more.

Thats because Halo CE was about landing on an unkown mysterious alien ringworld and surviving.

Halo Reach was about the biggest battle in the human/covenant war(Fall of Reach)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign?   From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

From a scale of 1-10, how much did you like Halo Reach's campaign?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2