This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Halo Effect

Go down 
+10
DemonWolf
MrPink
Inuboy1000
Doominator99
TRF
Arbiteris
ghost23
day walker
Shin_Akuma
GAYMidnightFenrir
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

The Halo Effect - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Halo Effect   The Halo Effect - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 7:37 pm

MidnightFenrir wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
It is correct.None of you guys have said how its not and how halo is overated.Last time I check,each Halo game gets huge praise and is a huge hit.

Its not like each Halo games adds a new mode or two and a few guns then selling it as the next Halo like *cough*CoD*cough*

Halo has greatly influenced the industry.Hell, it saved an entire console from an early death.Just because you dont like halo doesnt mean it hasnt influenced the gaming industry greatly.And judging by Halo's sales,more people love halo then hate it.

No, halo doesn't influence the industry as much as you think, it actually encourages other developers of games to try to step away from that. Halo appeals to CHILDREN. Why? For the sake of money and marketing. Look at Call of Duty up to Modern Warfare. It was ACTUALLY good. Then they tried to appeal to children and now we have Modern Warfare 2. Games now don't appeal to the real gamers because they wouldn't make as much money. Also sales don't make the game if you don't know that already.

You could not be anymore wrong.

Each Halo game tries to be a step above all the other shooters. You can claim you don't like Halo but you can't claim the Halo series isn't one of the most ambitious FPS games of all time.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Effect   The Halo Effect - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 7:40 pm

TRF wrote:
MrPink wrote:
The article said Regenerating Shields/health/whateverthefuck was a GOOD thing.
Fuck that.
I agree. Health packs > regenerating shields any day. The guy said, "Regenerating shields let you take risks." That basically eliminates all challenge. I like a game with challenge, like Rainbow Six. You die in two shots, so you need to be careful every time you enter a room.

It eliminates risk, that means you will be encouraged to try new tactics instead of sticking with one that works. It's more of a good thing than bad.

COD games have low health so the risk is high, which is why the game is so fucking infested with campers.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Effect   The Halo Effect - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 8:07 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
MrPink wrote:
Fuck that.
I agree. Health packs > regenerating shields any day. The guy said, "Regenerating shields let you take risks." That basically eliminates all challenge. I like a game with challenge, like Rainbow Six. You die in two shots, so you need to be careful every time you enter a room.

It eliminates risk, that means you will be encouraged to try new tactics instead of sticking with one that works. It's more of a good thing than bad.

COD games have low health so the risk is high, which is why the game is so fucking infested with campers.
The campers are not simply a direct result of the health system. When you combine it with the style of gameplay, it makes sense to camp. They expect you to go Rambo-style into a room, but you die in two bullets. THAT'S why there are campers. There are no campers in Rainbow Six. Why? Because the game encourages cautious play, and the health system goes hand in hand with that gameplay style.
Back to top Go down
MrPink
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
MrPink

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Effect   The Halo Effect - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 8:13 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
MrPink wrote:
Fuck that.

But it takes the challenge out of the game, kind of like the Bioshock Vita-Chambers (though you can at least turn those off).
I mean, why worry about the guy with the big gun if you can just take a few hits, hide, and then get all of your health back?
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Effect   The Halo Effect - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 8:18 pm

TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
MrPink wrote:
Fuck that.

The campers are not simply a direct result of the health system. When you combine it with the style of gameplay, it makes sense to camp. They expect you to go Rambo-style into a room, but you die in two bullets. THAT'S why there are campers. There are no campers in Rainbow Six. Why? Because the game encourages cautious play, and the health system goes hand in hand with that gameplay style.

2 factors go into the effectiveness of campers. The map design, and the health system. Simple. The low health makes it to where any slight advantage in response could give the defensive player the kill. If a guy is waiting in a corner of a building aiming down a stair case waiting for a sudden movement, he will most likely kill the unlucky opponent if he is not aware of his presence.

The map design in MW2 also goes in favor of setting up camp/post at a place and waiting for enemies to strike.

In Halo, the player is free to try multiple tactics on one map without having to worry too much about getting shot in the back...because with enough skill and accuracy you can turn around and attempt to counter your stealthy foe.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Effect   The Halo Effect - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 8:21 pm

MrPink wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
MrPink wrote:
Fuck that.

But it takes the challenge out of the game, kind of like the Bioshock Vita-Chambers (though you can at least turn those off).
I mean, why worry about the guy with the big gun if you can just take a few hits, hide, and then get all of your health back?

Health regeneration does not make a game require any less skill. It just means you have more options to handle a situation. Halo Reach on Legendary is stupidly too hard. And in multiplayer less campers opts for a more diverse way to play multiplayer. I always switch my loadouts since my enemies change their playing tactics often. In COD, I usually stick with a class until I'm bored of it/
Back to top Go down
MrPink
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
MrPink

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Effect   The Halo Effect - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 8:27 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
MrPink wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
MrPink wrote:
Fuck that.

Health regeneration does not make a game require any less skill. It just means you have more options to handle a situation. Halo Reach on Legendary is stupidly too hard. And in multiplayer less campers opts for a more diverse way to play multiplayer. I always switch my loadouts since my enemies change their playing tactics often. In COD, I usually stick with a class until I'm bored of it/

See, I knew you were going to say that.
I mean, this is just my opinion, but putting in a stupidly hard difficulty doesn't make the game more challenging, just REALLY fucking annoying. Anyone who's played Charlie Don't Surf on Veteran should know what I'm talking about.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Effect   The Halo Effect - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 8:34 pm

MrPink wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
MrPink wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
MrPink wrote:
Fuck that.

I mean, this is just my opinion, but putting in a stupidly hard difficulty doesn't make the game more challenging, just REALLY fucking annoying. Anyone who's played Charlie Don't Surf on Veteran should know what I'm talking about.

And to some people health packs makes a game just stupidly annoying. As ODST proved.

But it should be noted that Halo Reach takes the smarter approach by having both Health packs and a regenerating shield overlaying your health. IMO atleast.
Back to top Go down
Doominator99
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Effect   The Halo Effect - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 10:57 am

I loved Resistance Fall of Man and everybody says its the best of the resistance games because it has no health regeneration, weapon wheel and all of that old school goodness.
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Effect   The Halo Effect - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 12:59 am

Doominator99 wrote:
I loved Resistance Fall of Man and everybody says its the best of the resistance games because it has no health regeneration, weapon wheel and all of that old school goodness.
Umm..It does have regen life, but with medpacks too.
Back to top Go down
Shin_Akuma
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Shin_Akuma

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Effect   The Halo Effect - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 1:03 am

I like what far cry 2 did with health regen.
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Effect   The Halo Effect - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 1:04 am

MrPink wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
MrPink wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
MrPink wrote:
Fuck that.

It really depends on the game for my preference. In Doom, if you have 200 life and armor, it'll take soo much time for an Imp to bite you to death on UV or Nightmare difficulty. On Gears of War, it only takes 1 melee to kill you by a Locust soldier on Insane dificulty.

What I love about Halo 3 and the newer games of it, are the skull options. If you want to challenge yourself, turn on the skulls then. There's people that actually beaten the whole game with all skulls on + no deaths. Iron is definitely for the people that want to relive the punishing NES days.
Back to top Go down
Doominator99
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Effect   The Halo Effect - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 9:25 am

ZeInFormer wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:

you can only regain a quatre of you health so its like a health combo!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Effect   The Halo Effect - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 5:14 pm

Doominator99 wrote:
ZeInFormer wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:

I personally like that the best. Health that regenerates to a certain point, then you need to get a health pack for more health. Kinda like Killzone 2.
Back to top Go down
Doominator99
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Effect   The Halo Effect - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 3:13 am

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:
ZeInFormer wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:

I personally like that the best. Health that regenerates to a certain point, then you need to get a health pack for more health. Kinda like Killzone 2.

i hope resistance 3 does it. it probably will because everybody is asking for it to be like fall of man
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Effect   The Halo Effect - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 4:28 am

Doominator99 wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:
ZeInFormer wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:

i hope resistance 3 does it. it probably will because everybody is asking for it to be like fall of man
I agree. R:FOM was/is the by the far the best game that the PS3 has to offer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Effect   The Halo Effect - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 9:19 am

ZeInFormer wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:
ZeInFormer wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:

I agree as well. In fact, I have an R:FOM banner I made hanging up next to my TV Razz
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Effect   The Halo Effect - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 7:15 pm

Doominator99 wrote:
Halo copied Timesplitters map maker. TIMESPLITTERS IS STILL THE BEST!
Realistically speaking, Marathon: Infinity.
Back to top Go down
Doominator99
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Effect   The Halo Effect - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 5:00 am

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
ZeInFormer wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:
ZeInFormer wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:

I agree as well. In fact, I have an R:FOM banner I made hanging up next to my TV Razz

I have all of the games, including the PSP game and the novel and i cant wait for the next novel and resistance 3. The only resistance stuff i dont have are the comics because i hate comics Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Effect   The Halo Effect - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 9:12 am

Doominator99 wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
ZeInFormer wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:
ZeInFormer wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:

I have all of the games, including the PSP game and the novel and i cant wait for the next novel and resistance 3. The only resistance stuff i dont have are the comics because i hate comics Mad

Why? comics are awesome.
Back to top Go down
Doominator99
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Effect   The Halo Effect - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 12:15 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
ZeInFormer wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:
ZeInFormer wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:

Why? comics are awesome.

i just think they look gay geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Halo Effect   The Halo Effect - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Halo Effect
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: Halo-
Jump to: