This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Halo Effect

Go down 
+10
DemonWolf
MrPink
Inuboy1000
Doominator99
TRF
Arbiteris
ghost23
day walker
Shin_Akuma
GAYMidnightFenrir
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

The Halo Effect Empty
PostSubject: The Halo Effect   The Halo Effect EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 10:28 pm

Back to top Go down
GAYMidnightFenrir
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
GAYMidnightFenrir

The Halo Effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Halo Effect   The Halo Effect EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 10:30 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/112/1122618p1.html

Good article, and definetly true.

Wouldn't honestly agree with half the stuff that article says. Also I do recall the very first Call of Duty had the "2 weapons" and I'm not too sure but I believe Medal of Honor did as well. Also you really can't compare another FPS with another FPS, there generally all the same thing.
Back to top Go down

The Halo Effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Halo Effect   The Halo Effect EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 10:38 pm

MidnightFenrir wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

Wouldn't honestly agree with half the stuff that article says. Also I do recall the very first Call of Duty had the "2 weapons" and I'm not too sure but I believe Medal of Honor did as well. Also you really can't compare another FPS with another FPS, there generally all the same thing.

Halo came out before Call of duty, 2001 was Halo and 2003 was Call of Duty. And if FPS's are generally all the same that means you CAN compare them.
Back to top Go down
GAYMidnightFenrir
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
GAYMidnightFenrir

The Halo Effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Halo Effect   The Halo Effect EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 11:01 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
MidnightFenrir wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

Halo came out before Call of duty, 2001 was Halo and 2003 was Call of Duty. And if FPS's are generally all the same that means you CAN compare them.

FPS games differ by just a few things, they mostly copy each other, If we wanna talk about copying, I'd say Halo copied Doom.
Back to top Go down
Shin_Akuma
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Shin_Akuma

The Halo Effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Halo Effect   The Halo Effect EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 11:30 pm

My honest opinion is that Halo is an ok game, It did alot for console FPS's and gaming in general but it is probably one of the most overrated games of all time.
Back to top Go down
GAYMidnightFenrir
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
GAYMidnightFenrir

The Halo Effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Halo Effect   The Halo Effect EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 11:45 pm

Shin_Akuma wrote:
My honest opinion is that Halo is an ok game, It did alot for console FPS's and gaming in general but it is probably one of the most overrated games of all time.

You couldn't be closer to the truth.
Back to top Go down
day walker
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
day walker

The Halo Effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Halo Effect   The Halo Effect EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 2:09 am

Shin_Akuma wrote:
Thats your opinion I am A fan and i believe it deserves all it gets, But my opinion
Back to top Go down

The Halo Effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Halo Effect   The Halo Effect EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 8:02 am

I personally think back in the day this game was the shit, like Halo 1 and 2 but now its overrated.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

The Halo Effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Halo Effect   The Halo Effect EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 8:48 am

Shin_Akuma wrote:

Any reasons as to why you think it doesn't deserve all the praise?
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

The Halo Effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Halo Effect   The Halo Effect EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 10:01 am

It is correct.None of you guys have said how its not and how halo is overated.Last time I check,each Halo game gets huge praise and is a huge hit.

Its not like each Halo games adds a new mode or two and a few guns then selling it as the next Halo like *cough*CoD*cough*

Halo has greatly influenced the industry.Hell, it saved an entire console from an early death.Just because you dont like halo doesnt mean it hasnt influenced the gaming industry greatly.And judging by Halo's sales,more people love halo then hate it.

Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

The Halo Effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Halo Effect   The Halo Effect EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 10:47 am

I do love Halo, but it's certainly not the best shooter out there.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

The Halo Effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Halo Effect   The Halo Effect EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 11:01 am

TRF wrote:

Then what is?Resistance,Killzone......Cod?I dont think so
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

The Halo Effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Halo Effect   The Halo Effect EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 11:03 am

Arbiteris wrote:
TRF wrote:

Rainbow Six. /thread
Back to top Go down
Doominator99
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

The Halo Effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Halo Effect   The Halo Effect EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 11:57 am

Halo copied Timesplitters map maker. TIMESPLITTERS IS STILL THE BEST!
Back to top Go down
GAYMidnightFenrir
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
GAYMidnightFenrir

The Halo Effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Halo Effect   The Halo Effect EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 3:27 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
It is correct.None of you guys have said how its not and how halo is overated.Last time I check,each Halo game gets huge praise and is a huge hit.

Its not like each Halo games adds a new mode or two and a few guns then selling it as the next Halo like *cough*CoD*cough*

Halo has greatly influenced the industry.Hell, it saved an entire console from an early death.Just because you dont like halo doesnt mean it hasnt influenced the gaming industry greatly.And judging by Halo's sales,more people love halo then hate it.

No, halo doesn't influence the industry as much as you think, it actually encourages other developers of games to try to step away from that. Halo appeals to CHILDREN. Why? For the sake of money and marketing. Look at Call of Duty up to Modern Warfare. It was ACTUALLY good. Then they tried to appeal to children and now we have Modern Warfare 2. Games now don't appeal to the real gamers because they wouldn't make as much money. Also sales don't make the game if you don't know that already.
Back to top Go down
Inuboy1000
Inuboy1000

The Halo Effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Halo Effect   The Halo Effect EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 3:48 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
TRF wrote:

Bioshock. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Inuboy1000z
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

The Halo Effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Halo Effect   The Halo Effect EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:22 pm

MidnightFenrir wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

No, halo doesn't influence the industry as much as you think, it actually encourages other developers of games to try to step away from that. Halo appeals to CHILDREN. Why? For the sake of money and marketing. Look at Call of Duty up to Modern Warfare. It was ACTUALLY good. Then they tried to appeal to children and now we have Modern Warfare 2. Games now don't appeal to the real gamers because they wouldn't make as much money. Also sales don't make the game if you don't know that already.
That's not necessarily true. Call of Duty was good up until Call of Duty 3, then Call of Duty 4 came out and made it even more popular (and rightfully so, since Call of Duty 4 was a good game), and THEN Call of Duty went downhill.
Back to top Go down
MrPink
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
MrPink

The Halo Effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Halo Effect   The Halo Effect EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:23 pm

The article said Regenerating Shields/health/whateverthefuck was a GOOD thing.
Fuck that.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

The Halo Effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Halo Effect   The Halo Effect EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:25 pm

MrPink wrote:
The article said Regenerating Shields/health/whateverthefuck was a GOOD thing.
Fuck that.
I agree. Health packs > regenerating shields any day. The guy said, "Regenerating shields let you take risks." That basically eliminates all challenge. I like a game with challenge, like Rainbow Six. You die in two shots, so you need to be careful every time you enter a room.
Back to top Go down
GAYMidnightFenrir
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
GAYMidnightFenrir

The Halo Effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Halo Effect   The Halo Effect EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 5:14 pm

TRF wrote:
MidnightFenrir wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

That's not necessarily true. Call of Duty was good up until Call of Duty 3, then Call of Duty 4 came out and made it even more popular (and rightfully so, since Call of Duty 4 was a good game), and THEN Call of Duty went downhill.

Modern Warfare was the downfall. I want the old CoD games back like United Offensive.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

The Halo Effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Halo Effect   The Halo Effect EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 6:01 pm

MidnightFenrir wrote:
TRF wrote:
MidnightFenrir wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

Modern Warfare was the downfall. I want the old CoD games back like United Offensive.

I believe MW2 is the best of the cod games. But it still wasn't that great.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

The Halo Effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Halo Effect   The Halo Effect EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 6:13 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
I believe MW2 is the best of the cod games. But it still wasn't that great.
Egad! Someone inject 200mg of Call of Duty 2 into this man's disc tray, A.S.A.P.!
Back to top Go down
Teckno
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

The Halo Effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Halo Effect   The Halo Effect EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 6:42 pm

Forget all that.
Medal of Honor >>> Call of Duty
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

The Halo Effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Halo Effect   The Halo Effect EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 6:46 pm

Brothers In Arms : Hells Highway > COD and MOH. Razz
Back to top Go down
Shin_Akuma
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Shin_Akuma

The Halo Effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Halo Effect   The Halo Effect EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 7:18 pm

Medal of honor Airborne was a BEASTY game when it came to online multiplayer. Very underrated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Halo Effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Halo Effect   The Halo Effect Empty

Back to top Go down

The Halo Effect
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next