This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Xbox 360 and you.

Go down 
+11
Teckno
Inuboy1000
evidentsam441
Arbiteris
ghost23
TRF
optimusprime
Pickles
Invincible
Alan1994
GAYMidnightFenrir
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
GAYMidnightFenrir
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
GAYMidnightFenrir

The Xbox 360 and you. Empty
PostSubject: The Xbox 360 and you.   The Xbox 360 and you. EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 10:58 pm

The Xbox 360 and the PS3. Oh what a long and bickering conflict this has been? Where to begin, well let's start off with the fact that I owned both systems and I do not use them anymore, I have moved toward the PC and believe it surpasses everything the 360 and PS3 thought it could do. So I remain neutral on this. I am writing this so all of you 360 lovers get a better sense of what you are fighting for. The Xbox 360 was launched in 2005, before the PS3 came out and dominated the market. I still remember those days, Call of Duty 2 was released with the 360. Shortly after in 2006 the PS3 was released. Ever since both systems came out there has been a conflict between users of each console. But before we can even talk about which system could possibly better than one another we should probably get a understanding on who actually makes the console shall we?

I'm sure we all know that Sony and Microsoft are the leading competitors between each other in todays market. I won't include Wii because I never saw someone who has a wii start telling a 360 user that there system is better. Anyways lets get on with what the PS3 has to offer against its counter part the 360. The PS3 by far during its release defeats the 360 on many things. Such as having less faulty hardware and the system has Bluetooth 2.0, gigabit Ethernet, USB 2.0 and HDMI 1.3a (now upgraded via firmware to spec 1.4), built in on all currently shipping models.[47] Wi-Fi networking is also built-in on the 40, 60, 80 GB and slim models while a flash card reader. Not also does the PS3 have that but it also includes multiplayer. What's so special about that though? Well the fact is that you do not have to pay yearly to play online at all with the PS3. The Cell processors in the third-generation PS3s are just by far superior than what the 360 has to offer. The point is when it comes to the hardware inside, the PS3 dominates many aspects of this region. Examples are the 360's faulty hardware, such as the red ring of death and how it can kill discs.

Now what does the 360 have, and its probably the one thing that will keep the PS3 out of its league? Well its simple, its XBOX LIVE. This is the one thing that lets the 360 dominate its way around the PS3, not only that but it was also released a year earlier than the PS3 and has a more selection of games than the PS3 thought it could have. The 360 also holds exclusive games such as the famous "Halo 3". When we compare the Online for the PS3 and the Xbox 360's, the one thing that the PS3 dominates at is the fact that its free like I said before, but the 360 has way more to offer for online. Not only does Microsoft have that advantage, it also is an American company which has easier chances of dominating the market within its own nation. Sony (Company in Japan) has difficulty doing this and tries to buff the PS3 by giving it the better internal hardware. Microsoft manages to show its superiority threw constant support, updates threw its online areas in Xbox Live.

In conclusion the PS3 does have its better areas. If we compare the consoles to nascars....the PS3 just doesn't have enough gas to get itself to the finish line. While the 360 might have not have that powerful engine, it does have enough fuel to outlast its opponent. I personally myself would pick the PS3 over the 360 due to the fact that it comes with a blueray, and I use my PC more. I also believe the PS3 delivers more when it comes to overall performance.

Last edited by MidnightFenrir on Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: The Xbox 360 and you.   The Xbox 360 and you. EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 11:15 pm

COD2 never released on the PS3. Just saying.

When people bring up hardware, they seem to have a tendency to think that the PS3 just dominates the X360. When in reality, the X360 has the better graphics card and is more efficient with memory (RAM). The X360 also has HDMI, and has a better form of Wi-fi. Although these are exclusive to the newer SKUs I believe you should have brought that up. Not to mention many hardware features were removed in the future PS3 SKUs, they cut down on hardware BC, USB ports, Flash card readers, etc.

There is more reasons to why the X360 is doing a hair better than the PS3, not just XBL. You mentioned the year headstart, then there is also the huge amount of 3rd party support found on the X360. And small things like how the X360 is usually the lead platform for multiplatform projects.

Overall though, the PS3 and X360 are probably the most identical competitors in any gaming generations. You can't go wrong with either console, people who debate which console is better are just doing so to kill time.
Back to top Go down
GAYMidnightFenrir
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
GAYMidnightFenrir

PostSubject: Re: The Xbox 360 and you.   The Xbox 360 and you. EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 11:21 pm

Alan1994 wrote:

When people bring up hardware, they seem to have a tendency to think that the PS3 just dominates the X360. When in reality, the X360 has the better graphics card and is more efficient with memory (RAM). The X360 also has HDMI, and has a better form of Wi-fi. Although these are exclusive to the newer SKUs I believe you should have brought that up. Not to mention many hardware features were removed in the future PS3 SKUs, they cut down on hardware BC, USB ports, Flash card readers, etc.

There is more reasons to why the X360 is doing a hair better than the PS3, not just XBL. You mentioned the year headstart, then there is also the huge amount of 3rd party support found on the X360. And small things like how the X360 is usually the lead platform for multiplatform projects.

Overall though, the PS3 and X360 are probably the most identical competitors in any gaming generations. You can't go wrong with either console, people who debate which console is better are just doing so to kill time.

I personally don't like both systems, I also never said that COD2 was released on the PS3, hence why I said WITH THE 360. I merely am saying when it comes to the 360, It would probably outlast the PS3 when it comes to the audience there selling to (Children 8-18, Yeah its a pretty young range). I personally would have a PS3 for my needs than a 360, but the 360 is decent.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: The Xbox 360 and you.   The Xbox 360 and you. EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 11:23 pm

MidnightFenrir wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

I personally don't like both systems, I also never said that COD2 was released on the PS3, hence why I said WITH THE 360. I merely am saying when it comes to the 360, It would probably outlast the PS3 when it comes to the audience there selling to (Children 8-18, Yeah its a pretty young range). I personally would have a PS3 for my needs than a 360, but the 360 is decent.

My bad, it's a bit late here so my reading skills took a big hit.
Back to top Go down
GAYMidnightFenrir
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
GAYMidnightFenrir

PostSubject: Re: The Xbox 360 and you.   The Xbox 360 and you. EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 11:23 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
MidnightFenrir wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

My bad, it's a bit late here so my reading skills took a big hit.

It happens.
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: The Xbox 360 and you.   The Xbox 360 and you. EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 11:27 pm

IMO, the biggest advantage 360 has over PS3 is its super quick updates. But I guess you could consider that a part of XBL....
Back to top Go down
GAYMidnightFenrir
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
GAYMidnightFenrir

PostSubject: Re: The Xbox 360 and you.   The Xbox 360 and you. EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 11:33 pm

Invincible wrote:
IMO, the biggest advantage 360 has over PS3 is its super quick updates. But I guess you could consider that a part of XBL....

Pretty much, yes. But I would still prefer to have a PS3.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: The Xbox 360 and you.   The Xbox 360 and you. EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 1:12 am

Yawn.
Back to top Go down
GAYMidnightFenrir
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
GAYMidnightFenrir

PostSubject: Re: The Xbox 360 and you.   The Xbox 360 and you. EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 6:34 am

Pickles wrote:
Yawn.

Cool story bro, post something worthless again that doesn't pertain to the topic at hand.
Back to top Go down
optimusprime
Senior Chief Petty Officer
optimusprime

PostSubject: Re: The Xbox 360 and you.   The Xbox 360 and you. EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 6:42 am

MidnightFenrir wrote:
Invincible wrote:

so why are you posting it here then? i dont understand the point of it.
Back to top Go down
GAYMidnightFenrir
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
GAYMidnightFenrir

PostSubject: Re: The Xbox 360 and you.   The Xbox 360 and you. EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 6:47 am

optimusprime wrote:
MidnightFenrir wrote:
Invincible wrote:

I posted my opinion on both consoles. What is there not to get? I'm sorry if you are having trouble understanding the "point" of the story. The morale of the post is at the bottom near the conclusion. You should know this or atleast I hope you know middle school grammar.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: The Xbox 360 and you.   The Xbox 360 and you. EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 6:54 am

I think the PS3 has better single-player games and the 360 has better multiplayer games (although Halo is the only multiplayer exclusive I like unless you count Fable).
Back to top Go down
optimusprime
optimusprime

PostSubject: Re: The Xbox 360 and you.   The Xbox 360 and you. EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 6:55 am

MidnightFenrir wrote:
optimusprime wrote:
MidnightFenrir wrote:
Invincible wrote:

I posted my opinion on both consoles. What is there not to get? I'm sorry if you are having trouble understanding the "point" of the story. The morale of the post is at the bottom near the conclusion. You should know this or atleast I hope you know middle school grammar.

Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: The Xbox 360 and you.   The Xbox 360 and you. EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 8:54 am

You have basically regurgitated what every single fanboy used to say 5 years ago. Damn if you are gonna post opinions at least make them up to date.

360 has built in wifi now
The RRoD is basically non-existent.
The disc scratching shit only happens when idiots move their console around while its spinning a disc, not Microsoft's fault if people are stupid.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: The Xbox 360 and you.   The Xbox 360 and you. EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 10:11 am

Great, another person here who is gonna debate about every little thing.

What the hell happened to the xbox fans?Instead of xbox fans coming here we have dumbass's like these(probally from 4chan too) joining the forum.Instead of an xbox forum,its become more of a "here come and join our forum so you can say why you think PC or PS3 is better than 360" forum....

I miss the old xbox republic......

Last edited by Arbiteris on Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: The Xbox 360 and you.   The Xbox 360 and you. EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 10:13 am

MidnightFenrir wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Yawn.

Cool story bro, post something worthless again that doesn't pertain to the topic at hand.

Implying that I will post something worthless.
Back to top Go down
evidentsam441
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
evidentsam441

PostSubject: Re: The Xbox 360 and you.   The Xbox 360 and you. EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 10:43 am

can't u just ban them
Back to top Go down
Inuboy1000
Inuboy1000

PostSubject: Re: The Xbox 360 and you.   The Xbox 360 and you. EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 1:49 pm

evidentsam441 wrote:
can't u just ban them
They would keep coming back. I actually do not have a problem with the person who made this topic. I thought he/she (sorry don't know which) has made some very valid points.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Inuboy1000z
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: The Xbox 360 and you.   The Xbox 360 and you. EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 1:51 pm

FullMetalKendo wrote:
evidentsam441 wrote:
can't u just ban them
They would keep coming back. I actually do not have a problem with the person who made this topic. I thought he/she (sorry don't know which) has made some very valid points.

If you say he made some valid points, that alone PROVES that he/she is an idiot and has no idea what they are talking about lol
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: The Xbox 360 and you.   The Xbox 360 and you. EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 2:41 pm

Arbiteris wrote:

What the hell happened to the xbox fans?Instead of xbox fans coming here we have dumbass's like these(probally from 4chan too) joining the forum.Instead of an xbox forum,its become more of a "here come and join our forum so you can say why you think PC or PS3 is better than 360" forum....

Speaking of the old days, what ever happened to Guilty Spark?
Back to top Go down
Teckno
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: The Xbox 360 and you.   The Xbox 360 and you. EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 2:53 pm

I think the new republic is better. If you are going to bash the competition do it properly. This is why we have all these supposed PS3 "fanboys" on the forum. Living in a safe heaven saying stupid shit makes you look ignorant. Now, you have to stand up to you're point. Doesn't make the arguers anti xbox.
Back to top Go down
MrPink
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
MrPink

PostSubject: Re: The Xbox 360 and you.   The Xbox 360 and you. EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 3:03 pm

Pickles wrote:
MidnightFenrir wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Yawn.

Implying that I will post something worthless.

Well you made me chuckle, so that implication wasn't worthless.
Back to top Go down
GAYMidnightFenrir
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
GAYMidnightFenrir

PostSubject: Re: The Xbox 360 and you.   The Xbox 360 and you. EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 3:21 pm

Arbiteris wrote:

What does this have to do with 4chan? Are you completely stupid? So anyone who doesn't agree with everything in the xbox is automatically categorized as a dumbass and someone from 4chan? Also it says "Console War" where you are allowed to post about this type of topic. You obviously are pretty disappointing to even respond to, especially a moderator.
Back to top Go down
Inuboy1000
Inuboy1000

PostSubject: Re: The Xbox 360 and you.   The Xbox 360 and you. EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 3:24 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
FullMetalKendo wrote:
evidentsam441 wrote:
can't u just ban them

If you say he made some valid points, that alone PROVES that he/she is an idiot and has no idea what they are talking about lol BUT THAT IS JUST MY OPINION!
Fixed!
Back to top Go down
Inuboy1000
Inuboy1000

PostSubject: Re: The Xbox 360 and you.   The Xbox 360 and you. EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 3:26 pm

Arbiteris wrote:

Someone once said on this forum when I asked "Why don't a lot of Xbox fans make Youtube videos?", they said "Most of us here have lives". I am guessing that same logic applies to why new Xbox user comes here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Xbox 360 and you.   The Xbox 360 and you. Empty

Back to top Go down

The Xbox 360 and you.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: