This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Shadowrun Review

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ZeInFormer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

Shadowrun Review Empty
PostSubject: Shadowrun Review   Shadowrun Review EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 9:21 pm

Shadowrun is probably my all time favorite multiplayer ever in a first-person shooter. I was basically one of the guys that bought the game on release day. I bought it on the Xbox 360 version and popped it in my 360 and just went right on multiplayer. Like me and everyone else, we weren't that great with this game, and we pretty much sucked for a few days untill we really mastered the game by playing more and more and doing the tutorials of course. Once, I mastered this game, I just couldn't stop playing it. It was just addicting, and it was so fun. I mean I would actually like play for like 6-7 hours straight on this game and never I had that experience untill I played Shadowrun.

Shadowrun is a multiplayer shooter. It's not really a campaign game like Half-Life or System Shock 2, but it does have a story. It's basically some war with two corporation called RNA and The Lineage and they're pretty much both fighting their ways to have acess to this mysterious artifact for whatever reasons. It has nothing to do with the original Shadowrun on SNES too.

Shadowrun Review Sha4
Pretty tree!

Graphically, it's not the best, it's solid. Animation, models, lighting effects, and particle effects are all fine. Sound is also fine too and the theme song for the game is very catchy. I mean it's very hard to describe the song, but everytime I hear it you probably just want to like nod your head or something like that. The guns also sound appropriate for all the sound that the audio designer have dubbed them in, so there's not much to talk about this part.

Shadowrun Review Sha1
Spread your wings, and get ready for combat.
Shadowrun Review Sha2
Paying homage to the great Counter-Strike!
Shadowrun Review Sha5
2 on 2!
Shadowrun Review Sha3
A team of Elves!

Shadowrun is one of the very first first-person shooters with crossplatform so you can play against PC players if you're on 360 or the other way around. You'd probably think the PC players would be the most dominant on this game because of their mouse which it is more versatile than the joystick, but to be truthfully honest, it's very well balanced in terms of the design with the controller and mouse. The mouse can move fast, but it has lesser aim assist while the joystick have slightly more aim assist, and you can't move as fast. So you have a pretty fair advantage of the two there. I have had PC gamers in my team and consoles gamers too, and you probably think they might argue and stuff, but they don't actually. Most of the people I remembered and the games I've played, people were just usually nice towards each other and everyone always communicating and just having fun. It doesn't matter what controls you use, mouse or controller, you'll definitely meet a lot of nice and matured people. Shadowrun is the first game where I acutally feel comfortable enough to like have discussions and stuff where games like in Halo and Gears, there's usually a couple of jerks or A holes which makes me don't want to talk at all.

I just wanna share one dear moment in my heart I had in Shadowrun. I remembered I just finished a game of Shadowrun and after that a new game was starting and some guy who seemed to be a PC elitist since he just joined the lobby and went "PC GAMING IN THE HOUSE BIT**ES. CONSOLES GET RAPED." Dude sounded like a 14-15 year old boy. One of my team player who was a PC player, and he was basically mocking him by saying he sucks with the controller. Dude got all mad and he kept saying how much controller sucks and mouse is better and running his mouth like always. They both got into an argument, and my teammate was basically asking him why you have to judge on someone's preferences? And that is true, why pc elitists? The PC guy on my team did a great job pi**ing him off like "I bet I can beat you at any PC or console games" and the argument was fierce!

When the game started, he was getting dominiated by both console and PC players and a couple of my teammates decided just to pi** him off like teabagging him while killing his corpse which I did the same Very Happy. Once the game was over, dude thought the PC players in my team had aim bots and he still said the console players suck even though both console and PC players pretty much raped him. In the next game, he was getting very annoying, so we decided to boot him from the lobby. If only I had it recorded, you guys would've laughed like hell.

Shadowrun Review Shadowrun-next-gen-2007020103461096
Resurrect is a great spell! Always buy it!
Shadowrun Review Sha6
My blade will cut you in half!

Okay, now the gameplay. Shadowrun is like Counter-Strike meets Halo meets RPG spells. Shadowrun is definitely a run and gunner like Halo, but what makes it feel like Counter-Strike is the buy menu where you can buy your weapons, abilities, techs, or give cash to other teammates. You get cash by getting kills, resurrecting your teammates, people healing under your tree and so on. Abilities are what you think they are and tech is very similar to abilities, but they're more "mechanic". Abilities include like teleport which is your best friend in this game, resurrect which allows you to resurrect enemies, tree of life which basically a tree to heal you and provide cover, and more. Tech has features that can make you move fast, the ability of wallhacking (trust me, it's not that bad), to glide, and so on. Weapons are common in most first-person shooters you play, you have the reliable SMG, the nice pistol, the mid-range to long range Rifle, Sniper Rifle, Rocket Launcher, Mini-Gun, shotgun, and for the ninja-obsessives the Katana. All of the weapons are very balanced out and I MEAN IT. When you carry a Mini-Gun, your speed drastically reduces, but you have a good rate of fire and a healthy clip. The Katana is very deadly for stealth approaches, but it's not great if you just run up to someone with a gun. Not only that, you can "bleed out" if you slash somebody behind which makes the player constantly lose life untill he gets resurrected to take the effect off. There's four races to choose: Human-the all purpose, Elf-for you Halo fans (regen life), and he's the fastest moving which makes him very light, the Troll which he is the tank in this game. He can carry a mini-gun and he doesn't have to sacrifice any movement speed or what so ever, and the Dwarf which is pretty the spellcaster of the game. He has the most "essence" or mana so he can cast a lot more spells than other races, but he regens very slowly, but you just gotta get close to an enemy and he'll suck their essence like nothing or a teammate, but it will slow it down. If I can remember correctly, I don't think he has a lot of movement lost if he's carrying heavy weapons and he cannot bleed out by a Katana for some reason. There are not a lot of maps compared to most games if I could remember them I think 8-9 maps, but they are very good maps. I personally like them all, and most of them are great gameplay wise. There's only three modes which is Extraction which you basically can take the Artifact (like the flag in CTF) and score it on the other team's "zone to go" place or you can just kill everyone and kill their boddies. The next one is Attrition which is my favorite mode to play. This all out team deathmatch. Artifact basically just shows you where the enemies are. Your objective, kill everyone you see. You can't kill bodies so resurrect is a must! Last one is Raid, Raid is like CTF-one team plays defensive and one team plays offensive. Not a lot of games modes, but they are very fun to play and FASA does a great job of combining the team deathmatch elements with the CTF elements.

One thing that you should know about Shadowrun, it's EXTREMELY balanced. IF you complain, you pretty much just saying that you suck at this game. I would call Shadowrun the "Starcraft of first person shooters." The game is soo balanced and I'll give you reasons why. Enhanced Vision is basically wall-hacking, but if you equipped Smoke which is one of the abilities in the game, it prevents you from being seen from the guy that has EV. The SMG may be an all-purpose weapon in this game, but it's not like the BR in Halo where it pretty much dominate almost everything. The pistol can also beat the SMG user if you can aim properly and at mid-range the Rifle dominates the SMG user. Also the Rifle is INCREDIBLY INACCURATE if you don't crouch. If you move and run, it's very inaccurate. No matter what gun you use, there are some consequences you have to go through.

Shadowrun is the best multiplayer game I've ever played. Better than Halo, Unreal Tournament, Counter-Strike, Quake 3, Soldier of Fortune, Tribes and WHATEVER. Matter of fact, this game beats all those games even if they're combined. It's that good for me damn it. This game is awesome and everyone should play it and keep playing to support for future content for the new developer Smith and Tinker that they might pull out some DLC and I'll probably come back to my glory days. It was totally worth for the 60 bucks I spent. I know some fans of the original hate this game, but look at Quake series, it pretty much changed too. Jumping from a medieval shooter to a sci-fi shooter to an all out multiplayer shooter and I still like it. Even though I pretty much stopped playing the game when new games were coming out. It was a great memory for what I've remembered. 10/10

Shadowrun 4 Ever!
Shadowrun Review Shadowrun

Back to top Go down

Shadowrun Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun Review   Shadowrun Review EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 9:26 pm

I got this game for 5 bucks on Ebay a week ago and I absolutely love it! I loved playing Counter Strike, and this is like that with a twist. Very fun, although I am not the greatest. And I was also suprised how well balanced it was! What's your GT? Maybe we can play some time! Also, great review. Love the detail.
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer

Shadowrun Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun Review   Shadowrun Review EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 9:35 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
I got this game for 5 bucks on Ebay a week ago and I absolutely love it! I loved playing Counter Strike, and this is like that with a twist. Very fun, although I am not the greatest. And I was also suprised how well balanced it was! What's your GT? Maybe we can play some time! Also, great review. Love the detail.
Don't play it that much anymore. I kind of lost interest in it since I'm not like a huge MP guy, but still I love this game. I even sold it a long time ago because I felt I just didn't have enough time for it. Then two of my friends got the game, and I kind of want it to repick it up to play with them, but WOW, I just hate being teamed with soembody that doesn't get like Rez or work together and it's hard for me to enjoy the game now since they usually don't know what to do and it ruins the fun for me. Also the teamkilling can be a BIT** at times. I've been in like 3 games continually and all they did was team kill and sometimes I join a game and everywould just screw around and it just pi**es me off. So, I'm sorry man I just don't really want to play it anymore online. I just don't feel like it's the same anymore when I first bought it.

I keep my GT very private since I only play with people I know personally from school and jobs.
Back to top Go down

Shadowrun Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun Review   Shadowrun Review EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 10:23 pm

ZeInFormer wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Don't play it that much anymore. I kind of lost interest in it since I'm not like a huge MP guy, but still I love this game. I even sold it a long time ago because I felt I just didn't have enough time for it. Then two of my friends got the game, and I kind of want it to repick it up to play with them, but WOW, I just hate being teamed with soembody that doesn't get like Rez or work together and it's hard for me to enjoy the game now since they usually don't know what to do and it ruins the fun for me. Also the teamkilling can be a BIT** at times. I've been in like 3 games continually and all they did was team kill and sometimes I join a game and everywould just screw around and it just pi**es me off. So, I'm sorry man I just don't really want to play it anymore online. I just don't feel like it's the same anymore when I first bought it.

I keep my GT very private since I only play with people I know personally from school and jobs.

Oh, I know what ya mean. But thats fine, dont worry about it
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

Shadowrun Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun Review   Shadowrun Review EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 10:26 pm

OHHHHHH!!! ZEINFORMER JUST PWNED YOU DDD!!!! OHHHHHHH!!!!!
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Shadowrun Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun Review   Shadowrun Review EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 6:51 am

Great review!!
Yeah, ShadowRun is really good I still kinda suck at it though Razz
I always buy the wings when they're actually kinda useless for the most part, but they're so fun!! lol
(I buy them over weapons and spells....clever me...)

Btw you're so right, people are just trying to have fun with it (except for that pc fanboy you mentioned), unlike in MW2 where everyone does everything they can to get a good K/D ratio, like CAMPING OBSESSIVELY. Whereas on SR, people just play the game the way it's supposed to be played, with enjoyment! Just having a good time.

I kinda disagree with it being 10/10 though. While at times the enjoyment of it feels like 10/10 it's still far from perfect. It needs: more maps, perhaps a few more game modes, more single player (not necessary but it can't be perfect without more single player/campaign aspects) and maybe more weapons.

So yeah.
Really good review though. Fun to read. I think there should be a "buy a cheap game day" one day every year where everyone from the republic must go out and buy games like
Shadowrun
Perfect Dark Zero
The Darkness
Kameo
Timeshift
Project Gotham Racing 4
and so on Razz

In fact, should I announce it? XD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire

Shadowrun Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun Review   Shadowrun Review EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 9:15 am

DemonWolf wrote:
Great review!!
I always buy the wings when they're actually kinda useless for the most part, but they're so fun!! lol

Btw you're so right, people are just trying to have fun with it (except for that pc fanboy you mentioned), unlike in MW2 where everyone does everything they can to get a good K/D ratio, like CAMPING OBSESSIVELY. Whereas on SR, people just play the game the way it's supposed to be played, with enjoyment! Just having a good time.

I kinda disagree with it being 10/10 though. While at times the enjoyment of it feels like 10/10 it's still far from perfect. It needs: more maps, perhaps a few more game modes, more single player (not necessary but it can't be perfect without more single player/campaign aspects) and maybe more weapons.

So yeah.
Really good review though. Fun to read. I think there should be a "buy a cheap game day" one day every year where everyone from the republic must go out and buy games like
Shadowrun
Perfect Dark Zero
The Darkness
Kameo
Timeshift
Project Gotham Racing 4
and so on Razz

YES! I think I am going to buy Perfect Dark Zero on Ebay depending on how cheap I can find it. But thank god, I am not the only one who buys the wings XD
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

Shadowrun Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun Review   Shadowrun Review EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 10:57 am

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
Great review!!

So yeah.
Shadowrun
Perfect Dark Zero
The Darkness
Kameo
Timeshift
Project Gotham Racing 4
and so on Razz

YES! I think I am going to buy Perfect Dark Zero on Ebay depending on how cheap I can find it. But thank god, I am not the only one who buys the wings XD

Cool! Then we can play some time!! (though we've still not played Shadowrun yet!!)

And lol the wings are epic! Smile
Back to top Go down

Shadowrun Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun Review   Shadowrun Review EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 1:19 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
Great review!!

So yeah.
Shadowrun
Perfect Dark Zero
The Darkness
Kameo
Timeshift
Project Gotham Racing 4
and so on Razz

Cool! Then we can play some time!! (though we've still not played Shadowrun yet!!)

And lol the wings are epic! Smile

We need to play one of these days!! And I dont care how n00by the wings are, they are fun lol Razz
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

Shadowrun Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun Review   Shadowrun Review EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 1:51 pm

wOW...how do you people get games like constantly?
Back to top Go down

Shadowrun Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun Review   Shadowrun Review EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 2:32 pm

! wrote:

Well I just got my paycheck, and I dont have bills to pay, and it was 5 bucks Razz
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

Shadowrun Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun Review   Shadowrun Review EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 3:47 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
! wrote:

Well I just got my paycheck, and I dont have bills to pay, and it was 5 bucks Razz
I need a job...NOAW!!!! Stupid parents wont let me have a job until I get a car.
Back to top Go down

Shadowrun Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun Review   Shadowrun Review EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 3:57 pm

! wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
! wrote:

I need a job...NOAW!!!! Stupid parents wont let me have a job until I get a car.

Hehe that sucks. Jobs suck but money is awesome
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer

Shadowrun Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun Review   Shadowrun Review EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 6:00 pm

! wrote:
Get a job Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer

Shadowrun Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun Review   Shadowrun Review EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 6:12 pm

If I could remember a long time ago, I remember FASA was going to patch the game with some new maps + a new race (yeah, a new race!) and it was called Ork. But when Microsoft did w/e did with them, Shadowrun didn't get any future content.
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer

Shadowrun Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun Review   Shadowrun Review EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 6:18 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
Great review!!

So yeah.
Shadowrun
Perfect Dark Zero
The Darkness
Kameo
Timeshift
Project Gotham Racing 4
and so on Razz

Yeah, I know it's not the perfect. 10/10 means I just really enjoyed the game. I do agree it needs like 3-4 more maps, and I think the weapons are okay (maybe 2 more weakpons). Fasa had a campaign for SR, but they took out for "quality over quantity". They did the right decision.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

Shadowrun Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun Review   Shadowrun Review EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 5:08 pm

ZeInFormer wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
Great review!!

So yeah.
Shadowrun
Perfect Dark Zero
The Darkness
Kameo
Timeshift
Project Gotham Racing 4
and so on Razz

Yeah, I know it's not the perfect. 10/10 means I just really enjoyed the game. I do agree it needs like 3-4 more maps, and I think the weapons are okay (maybe 2 more weakpons). Fasa had a campaign for SR, but they took out for "quality over quantity". They did the right decision.

Yeah, I fully agree. If only the company who made it could release some more dlc :'(

And damn, why is your review more popular than mine? Sad
Back to top Go down
zinc
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
zinc

Shadowrun Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun Review   Shadowrun Review EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 1:18 am

whats Shadowrun???(LOL)
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer

Shadowrun Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun Review   Shadowrun Review EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 2:29 am

zinc wrote:
whats Shadowrun???(LOL)
a fun shooter. that's all you gotta know Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
tahmdick
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
tahmdick

Shadowrun Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun Review   Shadowrun Review EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 12:12 pm

looks like unreal tournament a bit
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

Shadowrun Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun Review   Shadowrun Review EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 2:24 pm

zinc wrote:
whats Shadowrun???(LOL)

Think of it as Counter Strike with World Of Warcraft and Halo elements.
Back to top Go down

Shadowrun Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun Review   Shadowrun Review EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 8:10 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
zinc wrote:
whats Shadowrun???(LOL)

Think of it as Counter Strike with World Of Warcraft and Halo elements.

Couldn't have explained it better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shadowrun Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadowrun Review   Shadowrun Review Empty

Back to top Go down

Shadowrun Review
Page 1 of 1