This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gran Turismo 5 a flop?

Go down 
+36
Ihsahn
Paratrooper1n0
Xmarksthespot
daveMastaKill
Blixtstorm
GrandMasterZillah
Jamin
ghost23
TheSnape
NightFang91
raspymanic1
Noelol
Scolar Visari
Shoke
NobelSniper
Pickles
Stigma
Invincible
Jack-__-Franko
Ozsem
zinc
GeneralMLD
theone.
Alan1994
Stoney
Boba_Fett
Arbiteris
Lethal Predator
DarK
DenEvo
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Pein
DemonWolf
Copernicus
PureSexySound
Blackou7
40 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Blackou7
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Blackou7

Gran Turismo 5 a flop? Empty
PostSubject: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 4:34 am

IGN Review http://ps3.ign.com/articles/113/1136103p1.html

86 on Metacritic atm. I think it will climb up to AAA. Reading some of the reviews, it seems the game was too difficult for them.

Last edited by Blackou7 on Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PureSexySound
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 5:36 am

You're judging this of one review?
It is this guys opinion, it doesn't mean the game is a flop..
I could just as easily link you to a Reach review and claim Reach is a "flop", which is certainly isn't.. :L :L :L

EDIT:
Finally, since when was an 8.5 score bad? Seriously, some people in this forum need to grow up and realise a good game is a good game..
=P
Back to top Go down
Blackou7
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Blackou7

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 5:43 am

I'm just trying to stir the pot a little lol. I'm not one of those guys who think AA games are flops. inFamous, Alan Wake, Fable 3 are just a few games that come to mind that I really liked and were AA.
Back to top Go down
Copernicus
Seaman Recruit
Copernicus

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 6:03 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRE9PlJesn8&feature=related

Let's not forget our own flaws, guys. We all know GT5 is a good game and too be this nitpicky is grasping at straws.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 6:26 am

PureSexySound wrote:
You're judging this of one review?
It is this guys opinion, it doesn't mean the game is a flop..
I could just as easily link you to a Reach review and claim Reach is a "flop", which is certainly isn't.. :L :L :L

EDIT:
Finally, since when was an 8.5 score bad? Seriously, some people in this forum need to grow up and realise a good game is a good game..
=P

Actually 10 reviews came out to 86/100
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/gran-turismo-5/critic-reviews

See?

And I'm sure at the end of the day it will either scrape AAA or be close to AAA. It is after all, an impressive game but it possesses quite a few flaws.
Though so-to-speak, AA rating instead of AAA which everyone anticipated is a flop. It may not be AA anyway, so it's okay but so far it can be seen as a flop.
The same way Alan Wake flopped and got AA, the same way Fable 3 flopped and got low AA, the same way left 4 dead 1 and 2 flopped by falling short of the AAA mark.
Flop doesn't describe the gameplay, it is just an expression a lot of us use to state that it failed to meet the ratings expected.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 6:47 am

wow forza 3 is better than gt5 at this moment?
LOL its kinda funny but at the same time..i think it deserved more but oh well
Back to top Go down
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 7:22 am

In the gaming world AAA metascores seem to come a little too easy in my opinion. I have a metacritic challange for anyone who thinks anything less than AAA is considered a flop.

Find me just 10 movies on metacritic that are not flops (90+ Metascore). Good luck.
Back to top Go down
DenEvo
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 7:35 am

The game was done lazily, Im thinking they were generous. They cant applaud the fiasco PD has done with this game. Standard models?, limited customization?... In an era where personification is a top priority for an ONLINE racing game, you get none. It is still a fantastic game, but I reckon that if it wasnt GT it would be a solid 7.5/8
Back to top Go down
DarK
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
DarK

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 8:04 am

So far it is a flop in my opinion.PS3 fanboys have been hailing this game as the second coming of christ for years now and mercilessly bashing Forza.Add to that its development time and budget.This a big fail.No wonder Sony had to have a review embargo.I was expecting about a 93 - 95 metacritic.Looks like Forza is the big dog now
I should wait for more reviews but if that score doesnt increase then we have the flop of the gen confirmed

Back to top Go down
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 8:07 am

DarK wrote:
So far it is a flop in my opinion.PS3 fanboys have been hailing this game as the second coming of christ for years now and mercilessly bashing Forza.Add to that its development time and budget.This a big fail.No wonder Sony had to have a review embargo.I was expecting about a 93 - 95 metacritic.Looks like Forza is the big dog now
I should wait for more reviews but if that score doesnt increase then we have the flop of the gen confirmed

You would be the perfect contestant for my Metacritic challenge!
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 8:17 am

DarK wrote:

I agree. If it had the development time of Forza, then well, I'd be more forgiving. I'd say it's pretty amazing. But yeah, PD got very lazy here.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Lethal Predator
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 9:13 am

Im a bit dissapointed i expected a 9....
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 10:10 am

Wow, I honestly didnt see this coming.From all the hype and the fact this game was in development for many years I thought this game would be in the very high AAA.

8.6 is not a bad score at all.Fable III was in the AA yet I heard it was a great game.Same with SC Conviction and Alan wake.

This game was really overhyped yes but not at all bad.Though IGN said that GT5 is a 10/10 racing sim in a 5/10 game

For some reason there are many games this year that were really hyped up but got lower scores than expected.The only game that ive seen this year that has lived up to its hype was Mass Effect 2.
Back to top Go down
Copernicus
Seaman Recruit
Copernicus

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 10:12 am

God of War III and Super Mario Galaxy 2 did too (no hype is too great for a 97 on Metacritic).
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 10:26 am

Copernicus wrote:
God of War III and Super Mario Galaxy 2 did too (no hype is too great for a 97 on Metacritic).

Not GOW 3.But Galaxy did live up to it.

GOW 3 was like Reach.Both games hyped up to be high AAA but only made it in low AAA
Back to top Go down
Copernicus
Seaman Recruit
Copernicus

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 10:42 am

It matched everything that it promised and more. That's living up to the hype.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:01 am

Copernicus wrote:

No.GoW 3 was hyped to be best game of the year or something along the lines of that.But when the game came out, it had issues with its story.

If GoW 3 got high AAA like it was hyped to be, then it would have lived up to it.But it didnt
Back to top Go down
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:06 am

Arbiteris wrote:
Copernicus wrote:

No.GoW 3 was hyped to be best game of the year or something along the lines of that.But when the game came out, it had issues with its story.

If GoW 3 got high AAA like it was hyped to be, then it would have lived up to it.But it didnt

In all fairness when do PS3 fanboys NOT claim that one of their exclusives is going to be the best game of the year?
Back to top Go down
Boba_Fett
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:28 am

Back to top Go down
Copernicus
Seaman Recruit
Copernicus

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:35 am

Arbiteris wrote:
Copernicus wrote:

What issues? It ended the trilogy in a way that made sense for the character and the plot. Animations and graphics were the best of the year and it featured some of the most epic moments in a game to date. Not my GOTY, but certainly one of the best titles this year.

XBR, I guess...
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:43 am

Copernicus wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Copernicus wrote:

What issues? It ended the trilogy in a way that made sense for the character and the plot. Animations and graphics were the best of the year and it featured some of the most epic moments in a game to date. Not my GOTY, but certainly one of the best titles this year.

XBR, I guess...

No.

Another poster that is generalizing the whole XBR posters on a few comments. You've been lurking here long enough to know not everyone thinks that way. . .
Back to top Go down
Copernicus
Seaman Recruit
Copernicus

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:53 am

Not all asians are bad drivers, and still...

I didn't mean to insult anyone, but you got to admit that most of the posters disregard the quality of anything that isn't 360 branded.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:55 am

Copernicus wrote:

I didn't mean to insult anyone, but you got to admit that most of the posters disregard the quality of anything that isn't 360 branded.

No, that's just stereotypical.

Like any other forum there are idiots that frequently post on it.

You've been here long enough to know who you can have an intelligent discussion with and who you can't.
Back to top Go down
Boba_Fett
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 11:57 am

Copernicus wrote:

Yeah well that is life. And Gran Turismo is the shit! Been playing for 2 hours now and I love it! Despite some of the reviews. Same goes for fable 3
Back to top Go down
theone.
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
theone.

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 12:37 pm

GT5 currently only has 11 reviews, that's not a lot of reviews. I would wait until there are more reviews for it to determine if it is a flop or not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 a flop?   Gran Turismo 5 a flop? Empty

Back to top Go down

Gran Turismo 5 a flop?
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: