This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Netflix is on PS3 starting next month

Go down 
+7
cannibalshinobi
DemonWolf
DuDZZ
hatmantc
C_Panda
J77
Humantargetman
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Humantargetman
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Humantargetman

Netflix is on PS3 starting next month Empty
PostSubject: Netflix is on PS3 starting next month   Netflix is on PS3 starting next month EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 2:25 am

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/10/netflix-coming-soon-to-playstation-3/
So looks like netflix has finally landed on Sony's console. I wonder now that this has happened if MS will still require a subscription to access netflix.
lol!
Look at Sony fighting back. Damn..
http://www.netflix.com/NetflixReadyDevicesList?lnkce=nrd-l&trkid=425738&lnkctr=nrd-l-n
Back to top Go down
J77
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Netflix is on PS3 starting next month   Netflix is on PS3 starting next month EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 3:04 am

Back to top Go down
Humantargetman
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Humantargetman

PostSubject: Re: Netflix is on PS3 starting next month   Netflix is on PS3 starting next month EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 3:09 am

Isn't that only for UK though?
Also I think the PS3 has something similar that you have to pay for in UK (not sure what the differences are)
Doesn't really matter to me though, because I will probably never get the chance to use it because I'm in Canada.
Back to top Go down
J77
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Netflix is on PS3 starting next month   Netflix is on PS3 starting next month EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 3:13 am

You might have a point but the again

every website that has reported 360 gettin skype, none of them said "uk only"

i could be wrong but im going by what i know...but yeah if u find info that sky tv for 360 will only be for uk feel free to post a link and correct me.

they people from sky tv said "this is the first time we tryin this on a console"
Back to top Go down
C_Panda
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Netflix is on PS3 starting next month   Netflix is on PS3 starting next month EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 3:16 am

Netflix on Ps3 will do horribly compared to 360s netflix. Firstly, you need to use a DVD at all times on your Ps3 until firmware comes out, and the subscription for netflix on ps3 is more money compared to 360s subscription price. What's funny is the netflix Ceo said he wanted netflix on a console with a large install base, and Ps3 isn't it. It should have been the Wii. Come January, investors are going to be mad at netflix for chosing ps3 because they will have a relatively low subscription rate, and because of the contradictory statements of the netflix Ceo.

Last edited by C_Panda on Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Humantargetman
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Humantargetman

PostSubject: Re: Netflix is on PS3 starting next month   Netflix is on PS3 starting next month EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 3:20 am

C_Panda wrote:
Netflix on Ps3 will do horribly compared to 360s netflix. Firstly, you need to use a DVD at all times on your Ps3 until firmware comes out, and the subscription for netflix on ps3 is more money compared to 360s subscription price. What's funny is the netflix Ceo said he wanted netflix on a console with a large install base, and Ps3 isn't it. It should have been the Wii. Come January, investors are going to be mad at netflix for chosing ps3 because they will have a relatively low subscription rate, and because of he contradictory statements of the netflix Ceo.
Wow, subscription is more for PS3? haven't heard of that.
Anyways as for sky TV
http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/news-features/news/sky-290509.htm
Here they're talking about football(as in soccer)
And another link I found using google:
http://www.engadget.com/2009/05/29/live-sky-tv-coming-to-xbox-360-in-uk-and-ireland-hooligan-avata/
Back to top Go down
C_Panda

PostSubject: Re: Netflix is on PS3 starting next month   Netflix is on PS3 starting next month EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 3:26 am

Humantargetman wrote:
C_Panda wrote:
Netflix on Ps3 will do horribly compared to 360s netflix. Firstly, you need to use a DVD at all times on your Ps3 until firmware comes out, and the subscription for netflix on ps3 is more money compared to 360s subscription price. What's funny is the netflix Ceo said he wanted netflix on a console with a large install base, and Ps3 isn't it. It should have been the Wii. Come January, investors are going to be mad at netflix for chosing ps3 because they will have a relatively low subscription rate, and because of he contradictory statements of the netflix Ceo.
Anyways as for sky TV
http://www.engadget.com/2009/05/29/live-sky-tv-coming-to-xbox-360-in-uk-and-ireland-hooligan-avata/
Yes, I believe 360 subscription is $8.99//month, and Ps3 fee is $14/month.
Back to top Go down
J77
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Netflix is on PS3 starting next month   Netflix is on PS3 starting next month EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 3:27 am

Humantargetman wrote:
C_Panda wrote:
Anyways as for sky TV

wow..i been proven wrong...danm =[. it would be cool if we get it in the usa. anyways thanks for the link
Back to top Go down
hatmantc
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Netflix is on PS3 starting next month   Netflix is on PS3 starting next month EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 3:34 am

C_Panda wrote:
Humantargetman wrote:
C_Panda wrote:
Anyways as for sky TV
Yes, I believe 360 subscription is $8.99//month, and Ps3 fee is $14/month.

read the article. it says For only $8.99 a month, Netflix members can instantly watch unlimited movies and TV episodes streamed to their TVs and computers via Netflix ready devices such as the PS3 system and can receive unlimited DVDs delivered quickly to their homes.

so the only charge you will occur is your normal netflix monthly fee.
Back to top Go down
DuDZZ
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
DuDZZ

PostSubject: Re: Netflix is on PS3 starting next month   Netflix is on PS3 starting next month EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 3:44 am

meh... thats kinda kool for the ps3... but insted of consoles getting video services why don't microsoft or sony bring somthing differn't to the consoles? consoles are for games!
Back to top Go down
http://www.kindclan.com
hatmantc
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Netflix is on PS3 starting next month   Netflix is on PS3 starting next month EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 3:53 am

DuDZZ wrote:
meh... thats kinda kool for the ps3... but insted of consoles getting video services why don't microsoft or sony bring somthing differn't to the consoles? consoles are for games!

but they are delivering games. so what else can they do? just go into other forms of media.
Back to top Go down
DuDZZ
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
DuDZZ

PostSubject: Re: Netflix is on PS3 starting next month   Netflix is on PS3 starting next month EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 3:54 am

hatmantc wrote:
DuDZZ wrote:

but they are delivering games. so what else can they do? just go into other forms of media.

they could do more work on improving a) the way we get games b) help game companys imporve games more.. comeone do you guys spend more games or watching movies on your console?
Back to top Go down
hatmantc
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Netflix is on PS3 starting next month   Netflix is on PS3 starting next month EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 4:02 am

DuDZZ wrote:
hatmantc wrote:
DuDZZ wrote:

they could do more work on improving a) the way we get games b) help game companys imporve games more.. comeone do you guys spend more games or watching movies on your console?

not really a fair comparison, the pricing for the two dont line up with each other. 1 game is like 3-6 movies depending if you are renting it hd/sd or buying it.
Back to top Go down
DuDZZ
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
DuDZZ

PostSubject: Re: Netflix is on PS3 starting next month   Netflix is on PS3 starting next month EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 4:03 am

hatmantc wrote:
DuDZZ wrote:
hatmantc wrote:
DuDZZ wrote:

not really a fair comparison, the pricing for the two dont line up with each other. 1 game is like 3-6 movies depending if you are renting it hd/sd or buying it.

they could have a service on the 360 where you could rent a game like the videos for about a week with out having any actual disks... this is the kinda stuff what i mean
Back to top Go down
hatmantc
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Netflix is on PS3 starting next month   Netflix is on PS3 starting next month EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 4:08 am

DuDZZ wrote:
hatmantc wrote:
DuDZZ wrote:
hatmantc wrote:
DuDZZ wrote:

they could have a service on the 360 where you could rent a game like the videos for about a week with out having any actual disks... this is the kinda stuff what i mean

i know sony is playing on doing something like that with the psp soon. if you look at the most recent psp update. it has part of the games description it mentions rentals
Back to top Go down
DuDZZ
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
DuDZZ

PostSubject: Re: Netflix is on PS3 starting next month   Netflix is on PS3 starting next month EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 4:09 am

hatmantc wrote:
DuDZZ wrote:
hatmantc wrote:
DuDZZ wrote:
hatmantc wrote:
DuDZZ wrote:

i know sony is playing on doing something like that with the psp soon. if you look at the most recent psp update. it has part of the games description it mentions rentals

yeah... but i dont see why the home consoles dont look into this.. insted of copying each other
Back to top Go down
hatmantc
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Netflix is on PS3 starting next month   Netflix is on PS3 starting next month EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 4:11 am

i think it will spill over to consoles soon.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Netflix is on PS3 starting next month   Netflix is on PS3 starting next month EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 7:11 am

Humantargetman wrote:
Also I think the PS3 has something similar that you have to pay for in UK (not sure what the differences are)
Doesn't really matter to me though, because I will probably never get the chance to use it because I'm in Canada.
yeah but netflix is only for us.
Razz I'm in uk so wooohooo
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
cannibalshinobi
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
cannibalshinobi

PostSubject: Re: Netflix is on PS3 starting next month   Netflix is on PS3 starting next month EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 7:19 am

thats good for the 9 million people in america who got a PS3, too bad the majority got it for blu ray and not online standard definition movies. funny how all the sudden we get 1080p streaming and they finally get netflix. playing catch up i see. soon they will have built in facebook and twitter and all the PS3 fanboys will change their tones about those services.
Back to top Go down
Humantargetman
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Humantargetman

PostSubject: Re: Netflix is on PS3 starting next month   Netflix is on PS3 starting next month EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 8:41 am

pspvampire wrote:
Humantargetman wrote:
yeah but netflix is only for us.
Razz I'm in uk so wooohooo
I should've worded that better. I meant none of it matters because Canadians don't get any of that stuff. And I guess now, you can't complain about not having Netflix here, but paying the same price for live, because its free on PS3 now.
Back to top Go down
C_Panda

PostSubject: Re: Netflix is on PS3 starting next month   Netflix is on PS3 starting next month EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 1:42 pm

CannibalShinobi wrote:
thats good for the 9 million people in america who got a PS3, too bad the majority got it for blu ray and not online standard definition movies. funny how all the sudden we get 1080p streaming and they finally get netflix. playing catch up i see. soon they will have built in facebook and twitter and all the PS3 fanboys will change their tones about those services.
Haha, so true. I remember Sony fanboys were saying how Netflix was stupid on 360, and now they love it. Now, they're saying you don't need to buy a 360. Lol. Like they were going to buy it anyway? Haha, no. Oh, and they're touting the words 'It only does everything.'. lol!
Back to top Go down
C_Panda

PostSubject: Re: Netflix is on PS3 starting next month   Netflix is on PS3 starting next month EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 3:16 pm

Found this hilarious pic:

Netflix is on PS3 starting next month 340x
Back to top Go down
DuDZZ
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
DuDZZ

PostSubject: Re: Netflix is on PS3 starting next month   Netflix is on PS3 starting next month EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 4:19 pm

C_Panda wrote:

lmao thats epic
Back to top Go down
C_Panda

PostSubject: Re: Netflix is on PS3 starting next month   Netflix is on PS3 starting next month EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 4:32 pm

DuDZZ wrote:
C_Panda wrote:

lmao thats epic
I know, it's so true though.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Netflix is on PS3 starting next month   Netflix is on PS3 starting next month EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 4:44 pm

CannibalShinobi wrote:
QFT Sony is copying everything MS does as they keep trying to play catchup. First it was trophies copying achievements and then we hear theyre going to have cross game voice chat like 360 has already had for quite a long time and now Netflix. Sony cant even come up with their own ideas as they live in MS shadow trying to catch up with all of 360s features.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Netflix is on PS3 starting next month   Netflix is on PS3 starting next month Empty

Back to top Go down

Netflix is on PS3 starting next month
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next