This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Nov 1st American Preorder Charts - It's official MW2 should just be a 360 exclusive

Go down 
+3
hatmantc
dreadraptor85
343_Guilty_Spark
7 posters
AuthorMessage
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
343_Guilty_Spark

Nov 1st American Preorder Charts - It's official MW2 should just be a 360 exclusive Empty
PostSubject: Nov 1st American Preorder Charts - It's official MW2 should just be a 360 exclusive   Nov 1st American Preorder Charts - It's official MW2 should just be a 360 exclusive EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 11:12 pm

1 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 X360 1,714,204

2 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 PS3 650,396

3 New Super Mario Bros. Wii Wii 403,276

4 Assassin's Creed II X360 249,305

5 Assassin's Creed II PS3 172,946

6 Left 4 Dead 2 X360 160,027

7 Dragon Age: Origins X360 135,215

8 MAG: Massive Action Game PS3 78,342

9 Dragon Age: Origins PS3 73,536

10 Mass Effect 2 X360 52,781

Ok so this is just the top ten, for the whole list click here: http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=5742

Xbox 360's Modern Warfare 2 has been preordered nearly 3 times what the PS3's has. At this point they should just stop bothering with the PS3, it's owners just don't care about games anymore.

The 360's Assassin's Creed II is about twice that of the PS3's. Sony fanboys are always saying they prefer deversity and are tired of all the shooters, yet they have snubbed Assassin's Creed II.

360's Dragon Age: Origins is is about 3 times what the PS3's is at. Yet again PS3 fans have decided to tell developers not to bother porting games, all they care about is Blu-Ray and exclusives. Actually make that just Blu-Ray.

The only game in the top ten that PS3 fans should be proud of is MAG yet we all know that if it was on Xbox 360 it would probably have three times the preorders.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
dreadraptor85
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
dreadraptor85

Nov 1st American Preorder Charts - It's official MW2 should just be a 360 exclusive Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nov 1st American Preorder Charts - It's official MW2 should just be a 360 exclusive   Nov 1st American Preorder Charts - It's official MW2 should just be a 360 exclusive EmptyTue Nov 03, 2009 11:30 pm

Mass Effect 2 pre order numbers will eventually beat MAG pre orders. (my prediction)
Back to top Go down
hatmantc
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Nov 1st American Preorder Charts - It's official MW2 should just be a 360 exclusive   Nov 1st American Preorder Charts - It's official MW2 should just be a 360 exclusive EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 12:48 am

you know a lot of people dont preorder right. i dont get why anyone would. why give a retailer a $5 loan for a product you wont receive for months on end. just for a gold gun or what not.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Nov 1st American Preorder Charts - It's official MW2 should just be a 360 exclusive   Nov 1st American Preorder Charts - It's official MW2 should just be a 360 exclusive EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 1:16 am

hatmantc wrote:
you know a lot of people dont preorder right. i dont get why anyone would. why give a retailer a $5 loan for a product you wont receive for months on end. just for a gold gun or what not.

You may not like preorders, but they tell us how a game is going to sell or, in the case of PS3 games, not sell.

Don't you see? If 360 preorders for MW2 tripple PS3 preorders you can bet that total sales will mirror the preorders. So lets say 360's MW2 sells 4.5 million on day one, PS3 would be lucky to sell 1.5 million on day one.

Think of preorder statistics as a forecast.
Back to top Go down
hatmantc
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Nov 1st American Preorder Charts - It's official MW2 should just be a 360 exclusive   Nov 1st American Preorder Charts - It's official MW2 should just be a 360 exclusive EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 1:25 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
hatmantc wrote:

You may not like preorders, but they tell us how a game is going to sell or, in the case of PS3 games, not sell.

Don't you see? If 360 preorders for MW2 tripple PS3 preorders you can bet that total sales will mirror the preorders. So lets say 360's MW2 sells 4.5 million on day one, PS3 would be lucky to sell 1.5 million on day one.

most of the people i know dont preorder games. why would you. i know with in a five mile radius, i can buy a game on launch day at 7 different locations. so why be tied down to one of them.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Nov 1st American Preorder Charts - It's official MW2 should just be a 360 exclusive   Nov 1st American Preorder Charts - It's official MW2 should just be a 360 exclusive EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 2:07 am

hatmantc wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
hatmantc wrote:

most of the people i know dont preorder games. why would you. i know with in a five mile radius, i can buy a game on launch day at 7 different locations. so why be tied down to one of them.

Personal preference is not the issue here or the point of this post.

The point is to show consumer's game buying trends. If a game gets little preorder it will sell slowly and die off. If it gets a ton of preorders it will sell fast and long.

I don't understand why you're focusing on why people preorder. They have lots of reasons. I preorder because I don't live near a game store and it's easier to order online. If I preorder I can have it arrive on launch day but if I wait until it comes out to order I have to wait days for it to ship. That's just me, most people who preorder do it for bonus stuff, deals, and convenience. But none of that matters, fact is that preorders tell us how a game is GOING to sell when it releases. If a game is popular it will have high preorders AND normal sales. That's why vgchartz tracks it and that's why I posted the article.

PS3 owners continue to prove that developers can't rely on them to buy games.
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Nov 1st American Preorder Charts - It's official MW2 should just be a 360 exclusive   Nov 1st American Preorder Charts - It's official MW2 should just be a 360 exclusive EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 4:09 pm

almost triple of PS3's Smile
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Nov 1st American Preorder Charts - It's official MW2 should just be a 360 exclusive   Nov 1st American Preorder Charts - It's official MW2 should just be a 360 exclusive EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 6:14 pm

ps3 gamers, all talk no spend
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
C_Panda
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Nov 1st American Preorder Charts - It's official MW2 should just be a 360 exclusive   Nov 1st American Preorder Charts - It's official MW2 should just be a 360 exclusive EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 8:22 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
ps3 gamers, all talk no spend
Lol.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Nov 1st American Preorder Charts - It's official MW2 should just be a 360 exclusive   Nov 1st American Preorder Charts - It's official MW2 should just be a 360 exclusive EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 9:02 pm

hatmantc wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
hatmantc wrote:

I've said it before....I'll say it again.....BROWNIE BROWNIE BROWNIE!!!! Arrogance will get the "Trey" ( God I actually cringed typing that) NOWERE!!!
Back to top Go down
hatmantc
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Nov 1st American Preorder Charts - It's official MW2 should just be a 360 exclusive   Nov 1st American Preorder Charts - It's official MW2 should just be a 360 exclusive EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 9:40 pm

xSTONEYX187 wrote:

I've said it before....I'll say it again.....BROWNIE BROWNIE BROWNIE!!!! Arrogance will get the "Trey" ( God I actually cringed typing that) NOWERE!!!

did I once say the 360 version would not outsell the PS3 version? No I dis not I just ask why go on preorder sales because not everyone I knows preorders and I don't get the point of preordering. I can understand if there's only one place to buy games at but in most areas there are hundreds of places you can get a game on launch day. He'll I think there are over something like 8,000 gamestops(I kid you not) so in most cases you can go every few miles and be able to pick up a game especially a huge release like MW2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nov 1st American Preorder Charts - It's official MW2 should just be a 360 exclusive   Nov 1st American Preorder Charts - It's official MW2 should just be a 360 exclusive Empty

Back to top Go down

Nov 1st American Preorder Charts - It's official MW2 should just be a 360 exclusive
Page 1 of 1