This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gears of war 2 is not going to ps3 in the next few years right?

Go down 
+8
Arbiteris
DemonWolf
im-360...xbox360
C_Panda
daveMastaKill
handkerchief
Stoney
spartan225
12 posters
AuthorMessage
spartan225
Force Master Chief Petty Officer

Gears of war 2 is not going to ps3 in the next few years right? Empty
PostSubject: Gears of war 2 is not going to ps3 in the next few years right?   Gears of war 2 is not going to ps3 in the next few years right? EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 1:19 pm

I keep hearing rumours thats gears 2 will be ported to the ps3 in the next few years, please tell me this is not true!
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Gears of war 2 is not going to ps3 in the next few years right?   Gears of war 2 is not going to ps3 in the next few years right? EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 1:31 pm

Its not....it was partly funded by MS, so.....................NO CHANCE!!!
Back to top Go down
handkerchief
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Gears of war 2 is not going to ps3 in the next few years right?   Gears of war 2 is not going to ps3 in the next few years right? EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 1:57 pm

MS is publisher so no
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: Gears of war 2 is not going to ps3 in the next few years right?   Gears of war 2 is not going to ps3 in the next few years right? EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 2:50 pm

Is that a trick question?
Back to top Go down
C_Panda
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Gears of war 2 is not going to ps3 in the next few years right?   Gears of war 2 is not going to ps3 in the next few years right? EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 5:53 pm

Hmm, how about no?
Back to top Go down
im-360...xbox360
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
im-360...xbox360

PostSubject: Re: Gears of war 2 is not going to ps3 in the next few years right?   Gears of war 2 is not going to ps3 in the next few years right? EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 6:09 pm

nope
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Gears of war 2 is not going to ps3 in the next few years right?   Gears of war 2 is not going to ps3 in the next few years right? EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 7:36 pm

Even if it were, there's no reason to worry about it. Razz Unlike most fanboys, I'm fine when games turn cross plat.
Plus, Gears isn't our only good game series you know xD

Project Gotham Racing
Forza Motorsport
Halo
Mass Effect
Crackdown
Left 4 Dead
Fable
Dead Or Alive

and many more
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Gears of war 2 is not going to ps3 in the next few years right?   Gears of war 2 is not going to ps3 in the next few years right? EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 7:47 pm

It wont.MS owns the Gears of war franchise.It would be illegle for it to be on ps3 unless sony bought it(they would have to pay ALOT).I found out this info on wikipedia
Back to top Go down
C_Panda

PostSubject: Re: Gears of war 2 is not going to ps3 in the next few years right?   Gears of war 2 is not going to ps3 in the next few years right? EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 7:48 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
It wont.MS owns the Gears of war franchise.It would be illegle for it to be on ps3 unless sony bought it(they would have to pay ALOT).I found out this info on wikipedia
As of now sony can't afford anything. All their purchases within the company are from credit.
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: Gears of war 2 is not going to ps3 in the next few years right?   Gears of war 2 is not going to ps3 in the next few years right? EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 8:34 pm

Actually MS does not own Gears but i seriously doubt they will let that franchise go. I think they might have rights to it but not the ip itself.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Gears of war 2 is not going to ps3 in the next few years right?   Gears of war 2 is not going to ps3 in the next few years right? EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 10:13 pm

Spartan v07 wrote:
Actually MS does not own Gears but i seriously doubt they will let that franchise go. I think they might have rights to it but not the ip itself.

They do.Wikipedia has a list of MS owned franchises.Go look for yourself.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Gears of war 2 is not going to ps3 in the next few years right?   Gears of war 2 is not going to ps3 in the next few years right? EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 1:33 am

it was published by MS.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Gears of war 2 is not going to ps3 in the next few years right?   Gears of war 2 is not going to ps3 in the next few years right? EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 11:07 pm

It won't Microsoft won't allow it, which is funny because there are also rumors that Gears of War 3 will go multiplat. I had some PS3 fanboy drone preaching how Gears of War 3 was going multiplat. He gave me a link to a video. The video was probably pretty convincing to PS3 fanboys. But when i pointed out the upload date on the video he shut the hell up. (April 1st lol)
Back to top Go down
dreadraptor85
dreadraptor85

PostSubject: Re: Gears of war 2 is not going to ps3 in the next few years right?   Gears of war 2 is not going to ps3 in the next few years right? EmptyFri Dec 04, 2009 11:09 pm

Microsoft Game Studios, dude.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Gears of war 2 is not going to ps3 in the next few years right?   Gears of war 2 is not going to ps3 in the next few years right? EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 1:39 pm

One of the guys behind the Gears franchise said that you will sooner see Metal Gear Solid IV on Xbox 360 than Gears Of War on ps3.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gears of war 2 is not going to ps3 in the next few years right?   Gears of war 2 is not going to ps3 in the next few years right? Empty

Back to top Go down

Gears of war 2 is not going to ps3 in the next few years right?
Page 1 of 1