This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is anything better on PS3?

Go down 
+13
343_Guilty_Spark
Big_Boss429
Stoney
Arbiteris
Mr. Project Natal
lli2j4r
DemonWolf
daveMastaKill
dreadraptor85
Blixtstorm
Spartan v07
Master_Chief
game0reviews
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
game0reviews
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
game0reviews

Is anything better on PS3? Empty
PostSubject: Is anything better on PS3?   Is anything better on PS3? EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 4:57 pm

I own both systems but i have noticed somthing. The PS3 is hugley overated even by 360 owners.
After Forza 3 and Modern warfare 2 have come out i can see no grpahical differences between systems. And with games like splinter cell being exculsive to the 360 the PS3 has no graphical edge. Yes Uncharted two looks really nice on my HDTV but i am now sure the 360 is totaly cabable of handerling it. Plus the PS3 has frame rate issues and screen taring issues on multiplats.

So thats Graphics out of the way, but there is more. Games. Some retards like elpresador think that KZ 2 is the holy grail but its out now and so is uncharted two. The PS3 has nothing coming out next year! Yes MAG looks good and people are freaking out because it will have over 200 players on each map but i have realized somthing. Its not like your going to be killling those 200 people. In a sense its loads of MW 2 games stuck together with not as fun gamplay. The 360 has: Splinter cell, Halo Reach and many others coming out soon. I thought it was hilaroius when that PS3 fanboy was saying that all these titles where on PC aswell, because its all miscrsofts money, he was just getting scared at the amount of attention the 360 was getting.

To finish it all of its nicer to use. We have a strong sterdy controler, unlike the flimsey PS3 one where your always pressing the anolag stick by acident. The dashboard is so much more aproachable and easier to use, the online is better than PS3.

Why do i still have this PS3?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/game0reviews
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Is anything better on PS3?   Is anything better on PS3? EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 6:01 pm

I ask myself that very same question every day. I basically just use my PS3 for BR movies and certain exclusives. But my 360 by far gives me the most enjoyment. The 360 exclusives appeal to me more, Xbox Live is so much better and feels more like a community, 360 has a better controller, 360 gets better looking and playing versions of multiplatform games. As for exclusives both systems have comparable graphics and are pretty similar in their capabilities. PS3 has a bluray storage advantage but its not like we are seeing a boatload of multidisc games anyway. Plus I'm not so lazy that swapping a disc every 6 to 8 hours is going to be a big deal. Sony's exclusives just dont appeal to me and alot of the ones I played were disappointing. Uncharted 1 and 2 are epic games and I like Motorstorm but nothing else on PS3 has really grabbed me. 360 has given me countless hours of enjoyment and for me is the best gaming console.
Back to top Go down
game0reviews
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
game0reviews

PostSubject: Re: Is anything better on PS3?   Is anything better on PS3? EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 6:03 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
I ask myself that very same question every day. I basically just use my PS3 for BR movies and certain exclusives. But my 360 by far gives me the most enjoyment. The 360 exclusives appeal to me more, Xbox Live is so much better and feels more like a community, 360 has a better controller, 360 gets better looking and playing versions of multiplatform games. As for exclusives both systems have comparable graphics and are pretty similar in their capabilities. PS3 has a bluray storage advantage but its not like we are seeing a boatload of multidisc games anyway. Plus I'm not so lazy that swapping a disc every 6 to 8 hours is going to be a big deal. Sony's exclusives just dont appeal to me and alot of the ones I played were disappointing. Uncharted 1 and 2 are epic games and I like Motorstorm but nothing else on PS3 has really grabbed me. 360 has given me countless hours of enjoyment and for me is the best gaming console.
TOTALY AGREE MAN!
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: Is anything better on PS3?   Is anything better on PS3? EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 6:17 pm

I have both,i just keep it because my friends are ps3 fanboys so i have to lol. I am going to make one get a 360 and the other has one but does not use it much. I will never get a multi on ps3 instead of my 360 because it's always inferior in some way,if it's not the graphics or performance ,it's probably a late port. also even if it was both the same it's still inferior because if the game has online ps3 online is trash and also the 360 controller is way better.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Four Star General (Moderator)
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Is anything better on PS3?   Is anything better on PS3? EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 7:11 pm

Spartan v07 wrote:
I have both,i just keep it because my friends are ps3 fanboys so i have to lol. I am going to make one get a 360 and the other has one but does not use it much. I will never get a multi on ps3 instead of my 360 because it's always inferior in some way,if it's not the graphics or performance ,it's probably a late port. also even if it was both the same it's still inferior because if the game has online ps3 online is trash and also the 360 controller is way better.

kill them Wink no-one will notice

i only use my ps3 as a dvd/brd player because its quiet, nothing else.

i dont like the games, or the interface.. and i hate the stupid 15 years old controller!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
Spartan v07
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: Is anything better on PS3?   Is anything better on PS3? EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 7:19 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:
Spartan v07 wrote:

kill them Wink no-one will notice

i only use my ps3 as a dvd/brd player because its quiet, nothing else.

i dont like the games, or the interface.. and i hate the stupid 15 years old controller!

My ps3 is loud,when the fan kicks in it's very loud.
Back to top Go down
dreadraptor85
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
dreadraptor85

PostSubject: Re: Is anything better on PS3?   Is anything better on PS3? EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 7:34 pm

If you're talking about multiplatform games, then the "port" is usually not as good.

Orange Box on PS3 not as good as 360 version cuz it's a port.
Burnout Paradise on 360 not as good as PS3 version cuz it's a port.
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: Is anything better on PS3?   Is anything better on PS3? EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 7:43 pm

dreadraptor85 wrote:
If you're talking about multiplatform games, then the "port" is usually not as good.

Orange Box on PS3 not as good as 360 version cuz it's a port.
Burnout Paradise on 360 not as good as PS3 version cuz it's a port.

Burnout is the same on both,porting ps3 to 360 is easier than the opposite.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: Is anything better on PS3?   Is anything better on PS3? EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 8:17 pm

I heard it makes some awesome barbecues.
Joking Wink
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Is anything better on PS3?   Is anything better on PS3? EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 2:04 pm

I know what you guys mean, I prefer 360 a lot but imagine 360 didn't exist, you wouldn't exactly be disappointed with ps3. It's still a great system, it's just had less time to get to the standard of Xbox 360.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
lli2j4r
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Is anything better on PS3?   Is anything better on PS3? EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 6:43 pm

god of war 3 will suck, mag will suck, grand trismo 5 will suck, heavy rain is pure shit, next killzone 3 is gona be shitter than 2
the game i hate the most is uncharted 2 ! worst game ever how tit get 96/100 some reatarded score ppl wtf lol every1 knos halo 3 should get like 98/100 or atleast a 97. halo odst was bomb ;D crazy shit worth every penny and reach is gonna be amazing. i hope they make halo 4 but keep most of the same maps same they too good. doesnt have gay campers and looks nice.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Project Natal
Mr. Project Natal

PostSubject: Re: Is anything better on PS3?   Is anything better on PS3? EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 6:50 pm

The ps3 is better at one thing...being the home for all gay ass spamboys, something the Xbox 360 doesnt have!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Natal360VsPS3Wands
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Is anything better on PS3?   Is anything better on PS3? EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 6:54 pm

pspvampire wrote:
I know what you guys mean, I prefer 360 a lot but imagine 360 didn't exist, you wouldn't exactly be disappointed with ps3. It's still a great system, it's just had less time to get to the standard of Xbox 360.

Well,ps3 overrall was a big mistake for sony.It was also a mistake to use blu-ray.If they made the system at a good price and good games when they released it,then im sure ps3 wouldnt be dead last.I actually really liked the ps2.But ps3 wasnt even close worth buying for me.It takes more good games like uncharted 2 and MGS for me to buy a console.

TBH,i would take my wii over a ps3 any day.I actually like mroe games on my wii than ps3.
Back to top Go down
lli2j4r
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Is anything better on PS3?   Is anything better on PS3? EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 6:54 pm

Project Natal Informer wrote:
The ps3 is better at one thing...being the home for all gay ass spamboys, something the Xbox 360 doesnt have!

ps3 sucks so much that every1 that plays it deserves to have their head smashed with it under they reliaze that 360 is always better. OWNED
they can shove their blue ray free online wireless controlers hd capabilities uncharted 2 and other crap up their asses. PSN SUCKS SO MUCH, i played it at my friends house, every single games lags i never got to actually play the game cuz it glitched for ever!!!!
xbox 360 microsft provides so much customer help and support for online. cross game chat for the win!
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: Is anything better on PS3?   Is anything better on PS3? EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 6:57 pm

lli2j4r wrote:

ps3 sucks so much that every1 that plays it deserves to have their head smashed with it under they reliaze that 360 is always better. OWNED
they can shove their blue ray free online wireless controlers hd capabilities uncharted 2 and other crap up their asses. PSN SUCKS SO MUCH, i played it at my friends house, every single games lags i never got to actually play the game cuz it glitched for ever!!!!
xbox 360 microsft provides so much customer help and support for online. cross game chat for the win!

free online because it sucks,blu ray loads slow.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Is anything better on PS3?   Is anything better on PS3? EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 10:05 pm

Spartan v07 wrote:
lli2j4r wrote:

free online because it sucks,blu ray loads slow.

Hmmm...He's really anti-PS3 Suspect
Back to top Go down
Big_Boss429

PostSubject: Re: Is anything better on PS3?   Is anything better on PS3? EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 2:06 am

game0reviews wrote:
I own both systems but i have noticed somthing. The PS3 is hugley overated even by 360 owners.
After Forza 3 and Modern warfare 2 have come out i can see no grpahical differences between systems. And with games like splinter cell being exculsive to the 360 the PS3 has no graphical edge. Yes Uncharted two looks really nice on my HDTV but i am now sure the 360 is totaly cabable of handerling it. Plus the PS3 has frame rate issues and screen taring issues on multiplats.

So thats Graphics out of the way, but there is more. Games. Some retards like elpresador think that KZ 2 is the holy grail but its out now and so is uncharted two. The PS3 has nothing coming out next year! Yes MAG looks good and people are freaking out because it will have over 200 players on each map but i have realized somthing. Its not like your going to be killling those 200 people. In a sense its loads of MW 2 games stuck together with not as fun gamplay. The 360 has: Splinter cell, Halo Reach and many others coming out soon. I thought it was hilaroius when that PS3 fanboy was saying that all these titles where on PC aswell, because its all miscrsofts money, he was just getting scared at the amount of attention the 360 was getting.

To finish it all of its nicer to use. We have a strong sterdy controler, unlike the flimsey PS3 one where your always pressing the anolag stick by acident. The dashboard is so much more aproachable and easier to use, the online is better than PS3.

Apparently you don't have a ps3, because MW2 and Forza don't come close to some of the exclusives on ps3, not to mention we actually have a nice exclusive line-up. I guess you forgot about Heavy Rain(graphics take a dump on KZ and Uncharted 2), White Knight Chronicles, Gran Turismo 5(makes Forza 3 look like an xbox game, whether you admit it or not.), Modnation racers(another game from the creators of LBP), God of War 3, Last Guardian, and etc.

As for everything else you said, it's opinion. And xbox live is better in terms of features, but all I care about is playing online, which I don't think you should be charged for.

Really, those statements are fanboyish, and nobody likes fanboys on either sides, why can't we all just game? Razz
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Is anything better on PS3?   Is anything better on PS3? EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 2:17 am

Big_Boss429 wrote:
game0reviews wrote:

Apparently you don't have a ps3, because MW2 and Forza don't come close to some of the exclusives on ps3, not to mention we actually have a nice exclusive line-up. I guess you forgot about Heavy Rain(graphics take a dump on KZ and Uncharted 2), White Knight Chronicles, Gran Turismo 5(makes Forza 3 look like an xbox game, whether you admit it or not.), Modnation racers(another game from the creators of LBP), God of War 3, Last Guardian, and etc.

As for everything else you said, it's opinion. And xbox live is better in terms of features, but all I care about is playing online, which I don't think you should be charged for.

Really, those statements are fanboyish, and nobody likes fanboys on either sides, why can't we all just game? Razz

1. You've admited in another post to not yet owning a 360. Why are you on a Xbox 360 fan forum?

2. Forza 3 looks amazing. MW2 looks just as good as Uncharted 2 and better than KZ2.

3. Heavy Rain is barely a game and the people look like dolls.

4. Gran Turismo 5 plays like a PS1 game, unless they drastically changed it from Prologue.

5. Modnation Racer isn't made by the creators of LBP, it's by the makers of Trackmania.

6. God of War 3 is an overrated button masher.

As for everything else you said, it's all "fanboyish".

This is a Xbox 360 fan forum. If you not here to root for the home team then why are you here?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
game0reviews
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
game0reviews

PostSubject: Re: Is anything better on PS3?   Is anything better on PS3? EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 4:07 am

Big_Boss429 wrote:
game0reviews wrote:

Well i do have a PS3 mate thats not for you to judge. Why are you on this site. BTW forza looks just as good as GT. As for god of war 3 i am sure the 360 could handle it. And its quite obvious that your a PS3 fanboy because you take so much offense to my comments. LOOOOL heavy rain looks shit i have no idea what drugs you are taking. Plus i own both systems unlike you so i can make a fair judgment. I have really no idea why you are on this site but your seriously are not welcome.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Is anything better on PS3?   Is anything better on PS3? EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 5:06 am

Lol I see we have another butthurt brownie from Playstation Academy in this thread. Maybe Killer7 under a new account since he got banned earlier? Either way hes been drinking too much Sony Koolaid. Yeah, COD MW2 and BF BC2 look and play way better than Killzone 2. And Heavy Rain seems like it takes place mostly indoors and the character models look like dept. store mannequins. It will most likely flop in sales. Gran Turismo has crappy environments with static 2d backdrops, flat textures and bumper car physics. Forza 3 takes a giant dump all over it. And BTW the PS3 is in last place. Dead last. PS3 isnt relevant. lol
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Is anything better on PS3?   Is anything better on PS3? EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 9:25 am

To game0reviews- You say the 360 might be able to handle GOW3...Of course it would from what I've seen it a HD version of GOW2..The visuals are nothing in my opinion..But TBH I cant wait for Heavy Rain..just because David Cage is developing it...But anyways

God of War 3 = God of War 2 HD IMO
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Is anything better on PS3?   Is anything better on PS3? EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 6:04 pm

xSTONEYX187 wrote:
To game0reviews- You say the 360 might be able to handle GOW3...Of course it would from what I've seen it a HD version of GOW2..The visuals are nothing in my opinion..But TBH I cant wait for Heavy Rain..just because David Cage is developing it...But anyways

God of War 3 = God of War 2 HD IMO
I agree. The GOW3 demo didnt impress me at all.
Back to top Go down
Noel
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Noel

PostSubject: Re: Is anything better on PS3?   Is anything better on PS3? EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 7:59 pm

I like the Xbox 360 the most and play it all day. I dont have a PS3 but i have a wii. I never play the wii ( except for brawl ). If i had a PS3, I wouldn't play any game except for littlebigplanet, RPGs, and fighters because of the triggers. They are so bad.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Is anything better on PS3?   Is anything better on PS3? EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 2:48 am

Not really. I love the addition of Blu-Ray, but aside from that I can't think of too many things it does better. I know people say it has free online, but honestly PSN just isn't that great. If you want to play online, and that's it then it's perfect! However, I want to play with my friends, talk to people, have party chat/private chat (NOT Text Chats), and be able to invite people to games easily. PSN doesn't have a universal invite system so for some games it's a real pain to play with friends.

I think the only thing I'm liking more about PS3 lately are the first party titles that have been coming out. Uncharted 2 is absolutely brilliant, and makes every first party 360 game that came out this year look like trash. (Except maybe Forza 3 Wink) Forza 3 made me like sim racers.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Is anything better on PS3?   Is anything better on PS3? EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 3:53 am

Penguin wrote:
Not really. I love the addition of Blu-Ray, but aside from that I can't think of too many things it does better. I know people say it has free online, but honestly PSN just isn't that great. If you want to play online, and that's it then it's perfect! However, I want to play with my friends, talk to people, have party chat/private chat (NOT Text Chats), and be able to invite people to games easily. PSN doesn't have a universal invite system so for some games it's a real pain to play with friends.

I think the only thing I'm liking more about PS3 lately are the first party titles that have been coming out. Uncharted 2 is absolutely brilliant, and makes every first party 360 game that came out this year look like trash. (Except maybe Forza 3 Wink) Forza 3 made me like sim racers.
These guys from PSU are getting more clever. Well played.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is anything better on PS3?   Is anything better on PS3? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is anything better on PS3?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: