This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Why does Japan hate the xbox 360?

Go down 
+11
screw u M$
popjack88
averagejoe
DemonWolf
Spartan v07
Arbiteris
*Fuu*
Stigma
daveMastaKill
dreadraptor85
Pickles
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

Why does Japan hate the xbox 360? Empty
PostSubject: Why does Japan hate the xbox 360?   Why does Japan hate the xbox 360? EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 8:53 pm

We all know the 360 isn't doing so well in Japan. Don't say it's because they're xenophobic! Hideo Kojima has said that American films get more attention and respect than Japanese Films. I think it's because of the games for the 360 are aimed towards American gamers(ex: Gears Of War). While there are only a few games aimed towards the Japanese.

I think eventually their gonna have to start purchasing the 360 because according to a GameInformer Issue, Tokyo Game Show 09 gobbled semen burritos. Kojima has said that the Japanese developers have already lost the battle between Western and Eastern developers. So I think Japan is eventually going to have to open its legs and let Microsoft inside....
Back to top Go down
dreadraptor85
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
dreadraptor85

PostSubject: Re: Why does Japan hate the xbox 360?   Why does Japan hate the xbox 360? EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 8:56 pm

Maybe they have some kind of "pride" with buying their own systems. Or it's just the way the games are tailored.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: Why does Japan hate the xbox 360?   Why does Japan hate the xbox 360? EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 9:02 pm

Its they're hometurf of course they bought the PS3 more than the XB360.

Also there are those devs in Japan that develop exclusively on PS3 those JRPG or whatever that the japs love so much. Those companies no one knows about.

And Hideo Kojima? Is also a biggest PS3 fanboy. He speaks about how well the 360 is doing and looking by now its not a "bad console" and shit like that, but beyond the guy is 100% PS3 and Sony. Can't blame the man i mean hes japanese.
If he had leaved KONAMI and formed the Kojima Production all by is own i can guarantee you that we would not see a single one of his games on a XB360 console. He would either join forces with Sony or some shit like that.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Why does Japan hate the xbox 360?   Why does Japan hate the xbox 360? EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 9:11 pm

dreadraptor85 wrote:
Maybe they have some kind of "pride" with buying their own systems. Or it's just the way the games are tailored.
I think it's the games.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Why does Japan hate the xbox 360?   Why does Japan hate the xbox 360? EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 9:16 pm

i think it's more because they are more domestically satisfied. i mean in the US you got all kinds of ethnicity. Black, White, Yellow, Terrorist, Dirty Mexicans etc. So with all kinds of cultures Americans will accept foreign interest and products willingly. in Japan where most are Japanese they don't really care for foreign cultures. I mean they had their ports closed for a really long time and had to be forced for contact with other cultures.

You know how anime is popular in the US, but US animated shows aren't popular in Japan? It has to do with how Japanese prefer themselves over anybody else. Some kind of Nationalistic Loyalty crap. Essentially they are domestically satisfied and few care for outside goods and whatnot. Except for American Movies because in Japan movie industries don't have the money for high budget films like Transformers or anything.

Plus Japanese have never been into shooters, it's always been JRPGs with them. But since almost all JRPGs except for those by Square-Enix or Atlus suck balls they will eventually let Microsoft inside them...
Back to top Go down
*Fuu*
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
*Fuu*

PostSubject: Re: Why does Japan hate the xbox 360?   Why does Japan hate the xbox 360? EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 9:17 pm

The Playstation was born in Japan and alot of japanese gamers is for the playstation.. And popular developers such as Hideo Kojima design there games on that platform. I guess japanese gamers dont like american product.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/LuvinFuu
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Why does Japan hate the xbox 360?   Why does Japan hate the xbox 360? EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 9:23 pm

I dont even know why the Japanese like that anime and manga crap.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Why does Japan hate the xbox 360?   Why does Japan hate the xbox 360? EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 9:27 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
i think it's more because they are more domestically satisfied. i mean in the US you got all kinds of ethnicity. Black, White, Yellow, Terrorist, Dirty Mexicans etc. So with all kinds of cultures Americans will accept foreign interest and products willingly. in Japan where most are Japanese they don't really care for foreign cultures. I mean they had their ports closed for a really long time and had to be forced for contact with other cultures.

You know how anime is popular in the US, but US animated shows aren't popular in Japan? It has to do with how Japanese prefer themselves over anybody else. Some kind of Nationalistic Loyalty crap. Essentially they are domestically satisfied and few care for outside goods and whatnot. Except for American Movies because in Japan movie industries don't have the money for high budget films like Transformers or anything.

Plus Japanese have never been into shooters, it's always been JRPGs with them. But since almost all JRPGs except for those by Square-Enix or Atlus suck balls they will eventually let Microsoft inside them...

Yeah...most JRPGS are basically the same. Some teenager gets amnesia and then he has to save the world. Eventually the Japs will get tired of playing the same shit over and over again.
Back to top Go down
dreadraptor85
dreadraptor85

PostSubject: Re: Why does Japan hate the xbox 360?   Why does Japan hate the xbox 360? EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 9:34 pm

Pickles wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Yeah...most JRPGS are basically the same. Some teenager gets amnesia and then he has to save the world. Eventually the Japs will get tired of playing the same shit over and over again.

LMAO!
Back to top Go down
*Fuu*
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
*Fuu*

PostSubject: Re: Why does Japan hate the xbox 360?   Why does Japan hate the xbox 360? EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 9:36 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
I think anime's are awsome.. its like soap oprea to me
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Why does Japan hate the xbox 360?   Why does Japan hate the xbox 360? EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 9:39 pm

*Fuu* wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

I dont,just look at what anime has done with Halo Legends.Most anime ive seen have cheesy and stupid dialogue.

Well,it isnt all bad.I just dont care for alot of it.There was one anime movie i liked.It was called Spirited Away
Back to top Go down
*Fuu*
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
*Fuu*

PostSubject: Re: Why does Japan hate the xbox 360?   Why does Japan hate the xbox 360? EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 9:45 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
*Fuu* wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

I dont,just look at what anime has done with Halo Legends.Most anime ive seen have cheesy and stupid dialogue.
i see your point. i saw that Halo Legends package vid, its like watching Star Wars
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: Why does Japan hate the xbox 360?   Why does Japan hate the xbox 360? EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 10:50 pm

They don't hate it. It's not the games because they had many rpg's for them already. they still sold over 1 million,something the first xbox never did,it was about only 400k-500k total for the first xbox.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Why does Japan hate the xbox 360?   Why does Japan hate the xbox 360? EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 7:32 pm

Arbiteris wrote:

Lmfao that's what I was gonna say xD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
averagejoe
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
averagejoe

PostSubject: Re: Why does Japan hate the xbox 360?   Why does Japan hate the xbox 360? EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 7:41 pm

you could kind of say the same thing with PS3 and the USA it sells well evrywhere else just not in america
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Why does Japan hate the xbox 360?   Why does Japan hate the xbox 360? EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 8:30 pm

*Fuu* wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

Yeah....anime is really awesome.
Back to top Go down
dreadraptor85
dreadraptor85

PostSubject: Re: Why does Japan hate the xbox 360?   Why does Japan hate the xbox 360? EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 8:53 pm

averagejoe wrote:
you could kind of say the same thing with PS3 and the USA it sells well evrywhere else just not in america

Makes sense but wouldn't the Wii negate that though?

scratch
Back to top Go down
averagejoe
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
averagejoe

PostSubject: Re: Why does Japan hate the xbox 360?   Why does Japan hate the xbox 360? EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 9:32 am

dreadraptor85 wrote:
averagejoe wrote:

Makes sense but wouldn't the Wii negate that though?

scratch

yh maybe. i dunno the wii is just a beast when it comes to sales! it sold like 1,000,000 last week making it the most brought peice of crap ever Very Happy
Back to top Go down
popjack88
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
popjack88

PostSubject: Re: Why does Japan hate the xbox 360?   Why does Japan hate the xbox 360? EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 11:07 am

there are allot of japanese gamers on xboxlive actually. not all japanese people support the ps3 more.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Why does Japan hate the xbox 360?   Why does Japan hate the xbox 360? EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 7:58 pm

popjack88 wrote:
there are allot of japanese gamers on xboxlive actually. not all japanese people support the ps3 more.

Source?
Back to top Go down
screw u M$

PostSubject: Re: Why does Japan hate the xbox 360?   Why does Japan hate the xbox 360? EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 3:18 am

i think its because japanese people are good at math and understand that a console with a 54% failure rate isnt a wise investment
Back to top Go down
dreadraptor85
dreadraptor85

PostSubject: Re: Why does Japan hate the xbox 360?   Why does Japan hate the xbox 360? EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 5:14 am

screw u M$ wrote:
i think its because japanese people are good at math and understand that a console with a 54% failure rate isnt a wise investment

You're talking about launch consoles. The newer ones have the 65nm CPU and GPU. More efficient = less problems.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Why does Japan hate the xbox 360?   Why does Japan hate the xbox 360? EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 6:19 am

Who cares? The two biggest consiole markets are North America and the UK respectively. Japan is 3rd.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why does Japan hate the xbox 360?   Why does Japan hate the xbox 360? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 8:00 pm

Japan takes great pride in what is it's own. I personally hate anime and the major fanboy/girl addicts. I used to be an anime fan, not major, I saw the shows and that was it, I left because they got too boring to me and later I see what I left, anime fan extremism, and I was glad I left. They like the PS3 because they made it.

Yet again, me disliking anime and extremist fans is simply my opinion, I won't disrespect you or care if you like it as somes of my friends are major fans

I dislike Japan for such a devotion for their country, I still haven't forgiven them for what they did in world war 2. They committed horrible atrocities and to this day I heard they didn't even apologize for what they did. I don't feel bad for them if anything happens, ever, because of what happened in WW2.

Back to consoles. Most are anime or japanese based (yes there are american games but most of them are on 360), not a fan of their writing.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Why does Japan hate the xbox 360?   Why does Japan hate the xbox 360? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 8:03 pm

Exodus2021 wrote:
Japan takes great pride in what is it's own. I personally hate anime and the major fanboy/girl addicts. I used to be an anime fan, not major, I saw the shows and that was it, I left because they got too boring to me and later I see what I left, anime fan extremism, and I was glad I left. They like the PS3 because they made it.

Yet again, me disliking anime and extremist fans is simply my opinion, I won't disrespect you or care if you like it as somes of my friends are major fans

I dislike Japan for such a devotion for their country, I still haven't forgiven them for what they did in world war 2. They committed horrible atrocities and to this day I heard they didn't even apologize for what they did. I don't feel bad for them if anything happens, ever, because of what happened in WW2.

Back to consoles. Most are anime or japanese based (yes there are american games but most of them are on 360), not a fan of their writing.

Yea,im not the biggest fan of Japan or Anime/Manga.

They brought the atom bombing on themselves in WW2.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why does Japan hate the xbox 360?   Why does Japan hate the xbox 360? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why does Japan hate the xbox 360?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next