This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

PS3 Slim - It only does no backwards compatibility

Go down 
+4
dreadraptor85
Blixtstorm
daveMastaKill
Master_Chief
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PS3 Slim - It only does no  backwards compatibility Empty
PostSubject: PS3 Slim - It only does no backwards compatibility   PS3 Slim - It only does no  backwards compatibility EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 7:57 pm

Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Slim - It only does no backwards compatibility   PS3 Slim - It only does no  backwards compatibility EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 8:23 pm

That “prize fight” on CNET thing was biased even before it reached the backwards compatibility. I'm still wandering whats wrong with the 360 design and how the DLC content for PS3 got 4.3.
Looks like those Sony Defense Force guys calculations.
It just blows my mind away.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Four Star General (Moderator)
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Slim - It only does no backwards compatibility   PS3 Slim - It only does no  backwards compatibility EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 8:28 pm

I was reading the full article then at the comments i stumbled across clearly a PS3 fanboy:

gt5 says:
December 11, 2009 at 6:14 pm

"I’d rather have no b/c than rrod, power brick, noisy fan, disc scratching, sub hd graphics on aaa games, premium p2p online etc…"

LOL?

The PS23 does not have BC but the 360 has, even if its a small library.

The infamous RROD is almost cured on newer systems.

The PS2 Slim got a powerbrick aswell? Possibly the PS3 Very Slim will have one (Sony will probably cut corners to make more sales)

If you install the disc to the hard-drive its not that noice at all.... The fan is quite quiet, not the discreader...

The PS2 scrached more discs then the 360, but they dont seem to remember that....

Most games today are in native 640p and 720p, this includes both systems, for example: Uncharted 2 720p, Forza 3 720p.

Does graphics equal good? Game reviewers mostly goes for gameplay and core... Graphical edge is just some frosting on the cake for them.

Premium p2p online? How is P2P bad? Say for example: I live in Sweden and have a fast internet line, if i go online on PSN i go to a "hub" in Great Britain or Germany most of the time then back to the game, so twice the journey for what? Lag?
On Live you mostly connect to a game host that has good connection to you, this includes most games with some few exceptions. This will reduce the internet speed that is required to maintain a decent connection to the host/server.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Slim - It only does no backwards compatibility   PS3 Slim - It only does no  backwards compatibility EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 8:29 pm

daveMastaKill wrote:
That “prize fight” on CNET thing was biased even before it reached the backwards compatibility. I'm still wandering whats wrong with the 360 design and how the DLC content for PS3 got 4.3.
Looks like those Sony Defense Force guys calculations.
It just blows my mind away.
I agree with you.
Back to top Go down
dreadraptor85
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
dreadraptor85

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Slim - It only does no backwards compatibility   PS3 Slim - It only does no  backwards compatibility EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 9:13 pm

How good is the backwards capability of the 360? I've never played a XBOX 1 game on my 360. I play my XBOX 1 games on my regular XBOX.
Back to top Go down
MikeJonez22

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Slim - It only does no backwards compatibility   PS3 Slim - It only does no  backwards compatibility EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 9:46 pm

dreadraptor85 wrote:
How good is the backwards capability of the 360? I've never played a XBOX 1 game on my 360. I play my XBOX 1 games on my regular XBOX.
its pretty limited you have to get a certain patch to get the xbox 1 games to work and the ps3 can play all ps1 games
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Slim - It only does no backwards compatibility   PS3 Slim - It only does no  backwards compatibility EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 9:52 pm

LOL,i just got a backwards patch to play Morrowind today
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Slim - It only does no backwards compatibility   PS3 Slim - It only does no  backwards compatibility EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 9:31 am

dreadraptor85 wrote:

It's alright.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games_compatible_with_Xbox_360

There's the list of most compatible Xbox games. I think there are more that work but, yeah there's the majority.

It's good compatibility but it's not as if you can go to a store, buy an xbox game and be certain it'll work. You'll have to check beforehand.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Slim - It only does no backwards compatibility   PS3 Slim - It only does no  backwards compatibility EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 9:33 am

I don't think 007 Nightfire is compatible :'(

I cba to buy it for Ps2, I never play that anymore.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Slim - It only does no backwards compatibility   PS3 Slim - It only does no  backwards compatibility EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 6:56 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
I used to play Morrowind on the original Xbox for hours. I was addicted.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Slim - It only does no backwards compatibility   PS3 Slim - It only does no  backwards compatibility EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 7:49 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
I used to play Morrowind on the original Xbox for hours. I was addicted.

Yea,i was lucky to find a copy.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Slim - It only does no backwards compatibility   PS3 Slim - It only does no  backwards compatibility EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 8:29 pm

I got probably 30-40 PS2 games, so to not being to play them on my PS3 sucks... Ill guess i have to keep plugging in my Ps2 to play them..
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
Mr. Project Natal
Mr. Project Natal

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Slim - It only does no backwards compatibility   PS3 Slim - It only does no  backwards compatibility EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 11:51 am

Am I the only person who does not have disk scratching problems or are the ps3 fanfucks making stuff up? If it helps, lay it down and not up and play your game for days without a single scratch...thats how I do it >:]
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Natal360VsPS3Wands
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Slim - It only does no backwards compatibility   PS3 Slim - It only does no  backwards compatibility Empty

Back to top Go down

PS3 Slim - It only does no backwards compatibility
Page 1 of 1