This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

most ps3 games are not worth $60 (good argument)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
djsonic99
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
djsonic99

most ps3 games are not worth $60 (good argument) Empty
PostSubject: most ps3 games are not worth $60 (good argument)   most ps3 games are not worth $60 (good argument) EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 1:16 am

this generation is a whole lot different. people are not going to easily pay $60 for a damn story mode with cut scenes. save that shit for ps2. therefore the theme this generation is games with longevity. in other words, games u could play for over a year.

check out the best of the best ps3 games mgs4, infamous, killzone2, GoW3, Rachael and clank. and YES! uncharted 2 this is why ps3 sales suck badly. why pay $60 for a story mode when i could be patient for 6-8 months and get it for no more then $20 not including ebay. every week the value of a new ps3 game losses 2% (made that stat up feel free to use it.)

find a retail of halo3 for less then 30.00 even better find gears of war 2 retail for less then $40. while your at it get me CoD4. and L4D. get my drift? by the time mw2 price drop obama is gonna be months away form re-election. 360 games decreases very slowly therefore people dont feel like suckers months later and by the time the value finally drop people will feel satisfied with the purchase in thus making a good investment. this is why xbox360 is successful. rejoice fellow republics.

good online = longevity = better value (xbox360 ftw)
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: most ps3 games are not worth $60 (good argument)   most ps3 games are not worth $60 (good argument) EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 3:32 am

Its because most people are buying PS3 as a bluray player. 360 games are 60 dollars as well yet the software numbers on 360 are through the roof. Also I'm sure alot of Slim sales are from existing PS3 owners trading their fat model for a Slim. The PS3 software numbers just arent improving much considering the huge amount of PS3 hardware being sold. PS3 software are averaging pretty much where they were at before the increase in hardware sales.
Back to top Go down
djsonic99
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
djsonic99

PostSubject: Re: most ps3 games are not worth $60 (good argument)   most ps3 games are not worth $60 (good argument) EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 12:06 pm

my whole argument is about the games. we all know ps3 is a kickass bluray player. to clear things up i never said most ps3 games suck. i just find a problem with $60 story modes cuz month's later they lose over 60% of its value. this happen countless times when i had a ps2. and ps3 games sales speak for itself. smart people are gonna wait for prices drops which happens in the blink of an eye. hopefully MAG could counter my argument
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: most ps3 games are not worth $60 (good argument)   most ps3 games are not worth $60 (good argument) EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 3:02 pm

Actually, good point there. Quite a few of the big playstation franchises are story-based, cinematic but short.
Metal Gear Solid.
Uncharted...well not very short, a good length from what I've heard but the multiplayer has like 5 maps. Not exactly loads of longetivity there.
God Of War, also another game that isn't short but it lacks other game modes or features.
Infamous was a good game and sandbox games usually don't get old that fast but anyone noticed how little you can do in infamous compared with Crackdown? Infamous certainly looks like a more impressive game but it's more like a spiderman game than an addictive title that you'll play for hours on end. Crackdown's like a bloody rpg Razz

Look at the best Xbox 360 titles:
Mass Effect, only single player but it's got galaxies and stuff to explore. So many vast, uniquely designed locations and loads of side quests.

Halo series: not exactly the longest single player on Halo 3 but multiplayer is unmatched with over 20 well designed and huugely different maps, a great roster of weapons, lots of vehicles and really addictive gameplay. Did I mention, Forge mode and replay? Very Happy

Forza Motorsport 3: well, instead of focusing on a huge amount of vehicles like gran turismo, it gives you several hundred well designed vehicles but has a bigger focus on the tracks which look amazing and there's 100 of them!! Very Happy Amazing!

Fable II: It's like Oblivion pretty much but where elder scrolls IV was rough around the edges, Fable feels a little more polished and it also has a nice unique style and good interaction with other characters which is really interesting and good fun. It has co-op, a lot of side quests and it's a solid rpg so the fun never ends really xD lol

I'm waiting for a Monster Hunter game for Xbox 360 and Ps3 hehehe
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: most ps3 games are not worth $60 (good argument)   most ps3 games are not worth $60 (good argument) EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 3:16 pm

Most PS3 games are not worth 60 bucks? Of course not! Why other reason Sony would turn then into Platinum status for half the price 4 to 6 months after release.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: most ps3 games are not worth $60 (good argument)   most ps3 games are not worth $60 (good argument) EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 3:33 pm

pspvampire wrote:
Actually, good point there. Quite a few of the big playstation franchises are story-based, cinematic but short.
Metal Gear Solid.
Uncharted...well not very short, a good length from what I've heard but the multiplayer has like 5 maps. Not exactly loads of longetivity there.
God Of War, also another game that isn't short but it lacks other game modes or features.
Infamous was a good game and sandbox games usually don't get old that fast but anyone noticed how little you can do in infamous compared with Crackdown? Infamous certainly looks like a more impressive game but it's more like a spiderman game than an addictive title that you'll play for hours on end. Crackdown's like a bloody rpg Razz

Look at the best Xbox 360 titles:
Mass Effect, only single player but it's got galaxies and stuff to explore. So many vast, uniquely designed locations and loads of side quests.

Halo series: not exactly the longest single player on Halo 3 but multiplayer is unmatched with over 20 well designed and huugely different maps, a great roster of weapons, lots of vehicles and really addictive gameplay. Did I mention, Forge mode and replay? Very Happy

Forza Motorsport 3: well, instead of focusing on a huge amount of vehicles like gran turismo, it gives you several hundred well designed vehicles but has a bigger focus on the tracks which look amazing and there's 100 of them!! Very Happy Amazing!

Fable II: It's like Oblivion pretty much but where elder scrolls IV was rough around the edges, Fable feels a little more polished and it also has a nice unique style and good interaction with other characters which is really interesting and good fun. It has co-op, a lot of side quests and it's a solid rpg so the fun never ends really xD lol

I'm waiting for a Monster Hunter game for Xbox 360 and Ps3 hehehe

Fable 2 wasnt that much like oblivion.Fable 2 isnt much free roam.Fable is a little more polished but doesnt have many dungeons or places.Fable 2 has around...hmmm....16 side quests.Oblivion has around 80.The fable 2 npc's are almost the same.If you are a do-gooder,you will have around 50 women and men following you everywhere asking to to marry them(which gets annoying).Still a fun game though nonetheless
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: most ps3 games are not worth $60 (good argument)   most ps3 games are not worth $60 (good argument) EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 6:45 pm

pspvampire wrote:
Metal Gear Solid.
Which proves that the only benefit of bluray for games that we have seen is that it keeps the game on one disc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: most ps3 games are not worth $60 (good argument)   most ps3 games are not worth $60 (good argument) Empty

Back to top Go down

most ps3 games are not worth $60 (good argument)
Page 1 of 1