This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Exclusives...? Why not sequels?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Exclusives...? Why not sequels? Empty
PostSubject: Exclusives...? Why not sequels?   Exclusives...? Why not sequels? EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 2:50 pm

I know, we've heard it all before, "exclusives are the only thing that matters", but that's like assuming that a game will be good just due to the fact that it's exclusive, but we know that's not a fact. We know that some exclusives flop big time. Eg: Raven Squad on Xbox 360.
So perhaps we shouldn't just judge a games library or lineup on exclusives. You know what I think? I think we should judge it by sequels. Yeah that's right. I have just as much reason to base how good a games library is upon sequels as ps3 fanboys who base how good a game's library is upon it's exclusives because they're both categories of games and both systems have their own sequels much like they have their own exclusives. But I reckon sequels are more important than exclusives in general because exclusives can be sequels or completely new titles and there's always a high chance of an exclusive flopping but sequels show commitment of that franchise or game series from the developer. If the first game sucked, chances are the second will be an improvement.
Sooooo, let's have a look at game sequels of ps3 and xbox 360 of '09 and 2010.

PS3:
God Of War 3
Uncharted 2/3
Gran Turismo 5
Final Fantasy Versus XIII
Final Fantasy XIV
White Knight Chronicles 2
The Last Guardian (trico)
Killzone 2/3
Resistance 3
Gta IV (rumoured)
Ratchet & Clank: Crack In Time
(I've probably missed out quite a few. Feel free to leave comments informing me of others lol)

XBOX:
Mass Effect 2/3
Project Gotham Racing 5 (maybe 2011)
Forza Motorsport 3
Left 4 Dead 2
Splinter Cell Conviction (dunno what the last splinter cell game was
Halo ODST/Halo Reach
Grand Theft Auto IV: Episodes From Liberty City
Crackdown 2
Dead Or Alive 5
Fable III
Supreme Commander 2
Gears Of War III
Two Worlds II
Chrome II
Prey II
Crash Time III
Ninety nine nights 2
Magna Carta II
Majesty 2
Tropico 3
Divinity II: Ego Draconis

Well I may have left out quite a few but so far it seems 360 has more sequels Razz

But I know, it's not guaranteed that the sequels are or will be any good lol, I'm just having fun Very Happy

Last edited by pspvampire on Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:17 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
dreadraptor85
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
dreadraptor85

PostSubject: Re: Exclusives...? Why not sequels?   Exclusives...? Why not sequels? EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 5:19 pm

I think they confirmed a Mass Effect 3 and there will most likely be a Gears 3, Resistance 3, and Uncharted 3.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Exclusives...? Why not sequels?   Exclusives...? Why not sequels? EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 6:10 pm

dreadraptor85 wrote:
I think they confirmed a Mass Effect 3 and there will most likely be a Gears 3, Resistance 3, and Uncharted 3.

Cheers:P
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exclusives...? Why not sequels?   Exclusives...? Why not sequels? Empty

Back to top Go down

Exclusives...? Why not sequels?
Page 1 of 1