This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gears Of War 1 or Gears Of War 2?

Go down 
+5
Arbiteris
Master_Chief
handkerchief
Stoney
DemonWolf
9 posters

Gears 1 vs Gears 2
Gears 1 ftw!
Gears Of War 1 or Gears Of War 2? Vote_lcap14%Gears Of War 1 or Gears Of War 2? Vote_rcap
 14% [ 2 ]
Gears 2 ftw!
Gears Of War 1 or Gears Of War 2? Vote_lcap50%Gears Of War 1 or Gears Of War 2? Vote_rcap
 50% [ 7 ]
Gears 1 slightly.
Gears Of War 1 or Gears Of War 2? Vote_lcap7%Gears Of War 1 or Gears Of War 2? Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Gears 2 slightly.
Gears Of War 1 or Gears Of War 2? Vote_lcap29%Gears Of War 1 or Gears Of War 2? Vote_rcap
 29% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Gears Of War 1 or Gears Of War 2? Empty
PostSubject: Gears Of War 1 or Gears Of War 2?   Gears Of War 1 or Gears Of War 2? EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 7:28 pm

I actually finally bought Gears 1. lol my first Gears game and have to say, so far it's really awesome.
But it took me ages to decide which of the two to get but upon hearing that gow3 may not come out for a while, I decided to start from the beginning, play through 1 and play through 2 if I find 1 interesting enough and then by then GoW3 should be out and I will get that.

But yeah, point of this is to see which is better. So... DISCUSS Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Gears Of War 1 or Gears Of War 2?   Gears Of War 1 or Gears Of War 2? EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 7:33 pm

I think Gears 1 just pips it...although ya get to control a brumak in the second one...its a toughie!
Back to top Go down
handkerchief
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Gears Of War 1 or Gears Of War 2?   Gears Of War 1 or Gears Of War 2? EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 7:34 pm

gears 1 was alot better in so many ways the online has less glitches and the campaign was alot harder it felt more challenging
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Gears Of War 1 or Gears Of War 2?   Gears Of War 1 or Gears Of War 2? EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 7:41 pm

I thought Gear 2 was better. Better campaign plus I love horde mode as far as online goes.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Gears Of War 1 or Gears Of War 2?   Gears Of War 1 or Gears Of War 2? EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 9:01 pm

Gears 2 for sure.It had better songs,you get to control a Brumak,cooler and more action packed story/levels and Horde
Back to top Go down
dreadraptor85
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
dreadraptor85

PostSubject: Re: Gears Of War 1 or Gears Of War 2?   Gears Of War 1 or Gears Of War 2? EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 9:32 pm

Interesting you should bring up Gears. I just downloaded the All Fronts Collection.
Back to top Go down
santosj95
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
santosj95

PostSubject: Re: Gears Of War 1 or Gears Of War 2?   Gears Of War 1 or Gears Of War 2? EmptyTue Dec 22, 2009 7:58 pm

I actually thought the second one was miles better, in both singleplayer and multiplayer.

Gears 1 had a decent story, while Gears 2 even though a bit too much dramatic at some points, made you care alot more, especially after you beat the game and sit through all the credits (the people who finished it should know what I am refering to).

Regarding the multiplayer, I never really had that bad of an experience, only like 1 out of 50 as serious lag, and it basically disconnects on it's own, not making you lose points or anything, and the overall mechanics, gameplay wise, felt much better on Gears 2's multiplayer, at least to me...
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Gears Of War 1 or Gears Of War 2?   Gears Of War 1 or Gears Of War 2? EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 3:00 am

Gears 1- Better Multiplayer

Gears 2- Better Campaign, Horde Mode
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Gears Of War 1 or Gears Of War 2?   Gears Of War 1 or Gears Of War 2? EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 5:16 am

I think the second was better, but not by far. The first one was the "tech-demo" to show of what the game could look like, the second one was more polished and much better campaign..

Still there where some points i didnt know why they added in to the story in the second...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gears Of War 1 or Gears Of War 2?   Gears Of War 1 or Gears Of War 2? Empty

Back to top Go down

Gears Of War 1 or Gears Of War 2?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: The Games-
Jump to: