This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

OH CRAP ps3 fans are gonna have a super happy mental funtime overload

Go down 
+6
Master_Chief
DemonWolf
handkerchief
Mr. Project Natal
ghost23
day walker
10 posters
AuthorMessage
day walker
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
day walker

OH CRAP ps3 fans are gonna have  a super happy mental funtime overload Empty
PostSubject: OH CRAP ps3 fans are gonna have a super happy mental funtime overload   OH CRAP ps3 fans are gonna have  a super happy mental funtime overload EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 12:46 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de0j15tthqs blue rays space upgraded to there gonna go nuts and say we getng btr grphx cuase we rul, there little retarded brains will have an overload of what the think will be our pwnig

Last edited by day walker on Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:33 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: OH CRAP ps3 fans are gonna have a super happy mental funtime overload   OH CRAP ps3 fans are gonna have  a super happy mental funtime overload EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 12:52 am

Most games dont even fill the blu-ray disc anyway.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Project Natal
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Mr. Project Natal

PostSubject: Re: OH CRAP ps3 fans are gonna have a super happy mental funtime overload   OH CRAP ps3 fans are gonna have  a super happy mental funtime overload EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 12:57 am

ghost23 wrote:

FUCK Exclamation

I have heard every problem about the Xbox 360 from "heavy controlers" to "RRRRRRRROOODD" to a old fuck saying "XboxLIVE is nothing but an advertisement!"

Now better blueray...AHH

O wait, i dont care Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Natal360VsPS3Wands
handkerchief
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: OH CRAP ps3 fans are gonna have a super happy mental funtime overload   OH CRAP ps3 fans are gonna have  a super happy mental funtime overload EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 12:58 am

"good news for metal gear fans who prefer watching games than playing them" lol wow there you go ps3 fans longer cutscenes just what you always wanted
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: OH CRAP ps3 fans are gonna have a super happy mental funtime overload   OH CRAP ps3 fans are gonna have  a super happy mental funtime overload EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 8:38 am

ghost23 wrote:

Yeah and most developers want to develop for 360 because it gets more sales and so multiplatform games will be made for both systems and so they will continue to make the game for 360 then port it to ps3 so the "potentialz" of the blu-ray disc will only be taken advantage of on exclusives.

Well, if I do ever get a ps3 I'll just buy exclusives for it and buy everything else on 360 lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: OH CRAP ps3 fans are gonna have a super happy mental funtime overload   OH CRAP ps3 fans are gonna have  a super happy mental funtime overload EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 8:45 am

demondragondude wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Yeah and most developers want to develop for 360 because it gets more sales and so multiplatform games will be made for both systems and so they will continue to make the game for 360 then port it to ps3 so the "potentialz" of the blu-ray disc will only be taken advantage of on exclusives.

Well, if I do ever get a ps3 I'll just buy exclusives for it and buy everything else on 360 lol

Not even all their exclusives. The new Rachet and Clank definitely didnt use the "potentialz of da cellz". it was a very average looking game.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: OH CRAP ps3 fans are gonna have a super happy mental funtime overload   OH CRAP ps3 fans are gonna have  a super happy mental funtime overload EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 8:47 am

The funny thing is what has bluray done for even PS3 exclusives besides keeping the game on one disc? Are the games any longer? Nope the same length and in some cases even shorter than games on dvd9. Is there extra content on multiplatform games released simultaneously thanks to bluray? Nope. And because of the slow BR drive developers have to repeat data on the disc to reduce fetch times as well as mandatory installs in most cases. Or in some cases it gets filled with CGI cutscenes.

Last edited by Master_Chief on Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: OH CRAP ps3 fans are gonna have a super happy mental funtime overload   OH CRAP ps3 fans are gonna have  a super happy mental funtime overload EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 8:49 am

ghost23 wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Not even all their exclusives. The new Rachet and Clank definitely didnt use the "potentialz of da cellz". it was a very average looking game.
Very true. And Resistance 1 and 2 didnt look very good either.
Back to top Go down
handkerchief

PostSubject: Re: OH CRAP ps3 fans are gonna have a super happy mental funtime overload   OH CRAP ps3 fans are gonna have  a super happy mental funtime overload EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 10:09 am

hhahaha i posted this comment as a joke and got some interesting reactions.

OH CRAP ps3 fans are gonna have  a super happy mental funtime overload Juststupid
Back to top Go down
One-Shot
Seaman Recruit
One-Shot

PostSubject: Re: OH CRAP ps3 fans are gonna have a super happy mental funtime overload   OH CRAP ps3 fans are gonna have  a super happy mental funtime overload EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 10:34 am

Master_Chief wrote:
The funny thing is what has bluray done for even PS3 exclusives besides keeping the game on one disc? Are the games any longer? Nope the same length and in some cases even shorter than games on dvd9. Is there extra content on multiplatform games released simultaneously thanks to bluray? Nope. And because of the slow BR drive developers have to repeat data on the disc to reduce fetch times as well as mandatory installs in most cases. Or in some cases it gets filled with CGI cutscenes.
Well if you want a direct comparison, with FF13 as you said Xbox will have multiple disks while PS3 will have one. In addition though the video and audio will be uncompressed on PS3 and compressed on 360.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: OH CRAP ps3 fans are gonna have a super happy mental funtime overload   OH CRAP ps3 fans are gonna have  a super happy mental funtime overload EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 10:44 am

One-Shot wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
Well if you want a direct comparison, with FF13 as you said Xbox will have multiple disks while PS3 will have one. In addition though the video and audio will be uncompressed on PS3 and compressed on 360.
The video most likely meaning cutscenes since the 360 version is multi disc. And with compression techniques being what they are today do you honestly think it will be noticable? I doubt it. Its not like theyre trying to squeeze it all on one dvd9.
Back to top Go down
One-Shot
Seaman Recruit
One-Shot

PostSubject: Re: OH CRAP ps3 fans are gonna have a super happy mental funtime overload   OH CRAP ps3 fans are gonna have  a super happy mental funtime overload EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 12:51 pm

I donno how noticeable but I am sure their is a difference. Guess we will see in March.
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: OH CRAP ps3 fans are gonna have a super happy mental funtime overload   OH CRAP ps3 fans are gonna have  a super happy mental funtime overload EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 1:01 pm

Wow. Awesome. Cant wait for this and the DS2.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: OH CRAP ps3 fans are gonna have a super happy mental funtime overload   OH CRAP ps3 fans are gonna have  a super happy mental funtime overload EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 4:10 pm

The only good news that SONY can give me is when PS3 games would not require installation anymore.
Back to top Go down
One-Shot
Seaman Recruit
One-Shot

PostSubject: Re: OH CRAP ps3 fans are gonna have a super happy mental funtime overload   OH CRAP ps3 fans are gonna have  a super happy mental funtime overload EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 4:38 pm

daveMastaKill wrote:
The only good news that SONY can give me is when PS3 games would not require installation anymore.
You mean like Uncharted 2, killzone 2, infamous, and so on?
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: OH CRAP ps3 fans are gonna have a super happy mental funtime overload   OH CRAP ps3 fans are gonna have  a super happy mental funtime overload EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 4:52 pm

One-Shot wrote:
daveMastaKill wrote:

I mean ALL the games, and Demos too. Just put in or download and enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
One-Shot
Seaman Recruit
One-Shot

PostSubject: Re: OH CRAP ps3 fans are gonna have a super happy mental funtime overload   OH CRAP ps3 fans are gonna have  a super happy mental funtime overload EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 5:24 pm

daveMastaKill wrote:
One-Shot wrote:
daveMastaKill wrote:

I really can't remember the last game I had to install, but really I don't care since I also install every game on my xbox as well for some quiet dvd playing. Patience is a virtue and in this case a great benefit.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: OH CRAP ps3 fans are gonna have a super happy mental funtime overload   OH CRAP ps3 fans are gonna have  a super happy mental funtime overload EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 6:44 pm

One-Shot wrote:
I donno how noticeable but I am sure their is a difference. Guess we will see in March.
I strongly doubt that but like you said we'll see in March.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: OH CRAP ps3 fans are gonna have a super happy mental funtime overload   OH CRAP ps3 fans are gonna have  a super happy mental funtime overload EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 6:47 pm

One-Shot wrote:
daveMastaKill wrote:
I think he's referring to the numerous multiplatform games.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: OH CRAP ps3 fans are gonna have a super happy mental funtime overload   OH CRAP ps3 fans are gonna have  a super happy mental funtime overload EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 6:56 pm

One-Shot wrote:
daveMastaKill wrote:
One-Shot wrote:
daveMastaKill wrote:

I really can't remember the last game I had to install, but really I don't care since I also install every game on my xbox as well for some quiet dvd playing. Patience is a virtue and in this case a great benefit.

The noise is disturbing to me when i put the DVD until i start playing, but after i start playing and the gaming music comes him i barely ear the DVD Drive or notice for my mind is in the game. And i'm like very very very close to the 360 so i can tell. Unlikeable that most people who got the console more far away would even get bothered by it.

Last edited by daveMastaKill on Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
360WNED
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
360WNED

PostSubject: Re: OH CRAP ps3 fans are gonna have a super happy mental funtime overload   OH CRAP ps3 fans are gonna have  a super happy mental funtime overload EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 6:59 pm

The amount of space on the disc don't mean shit if the system stops reading them...
Yeah I went there. Damn PS3's disc failure rates are through the fucking roof.
Back to top Go down
One-Shot
Seaman Recruit
One-Shot

PostSubject: Re: OH CRAP ps3 fans are gonna have a super happy mental funtime overload   OH CRAP ps3 fans are gonna have  a super happy mental funtime overload EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 7:49 pm

daveMastaKill wrote:
One-Shot wrote:
daveMastaKill wrote:
One-Shot wrote:
daveMastaKill wrote:

The noise is disturbing to me when i put the DVD until i start playing, but after i start playing and the gaming music comes him i barely ear the DVD Drive or notice for my mind is in the game. And i'm like very very very close to the 360 so i can tell. Unlikeable that most people who got the console more far away would even get bothered by it.
I used to be the same, but since they added the install option and I heard it I always notice it now when I do not install a game.

Quote :
The amount of space on the disc don't mean shit if the system stops reading them...
Yeah I went there. Damn PS3's disc failure rates are through the fucking roof.
Source?
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: OH CRAP ps3 fans are gonna have a super happy mental funtime overload   OH CRAP ps3 fans are gonna have  a super happy mental funtime overload EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 9:10 pm

Hey One Shot I'm starting to get complaints about you just coming here to defend the PS3. Consider this a warning. If the complaints continue then further action will have to be taken. You might want to read the rules. Mainly rule #3.
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com/rules-and-regulations-f8/rules-and-what-to-expect-t63.htm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OH CRAP ps3 fans are gonna have a super happy mental funtime overload   OH CRAP ps3 fans are gonna have  a super happy mental funtime overload Empty

Back to top Go down

OH CRAP ps3 fans are gonna have a super happy mental funtime overload
Page 1 of 1