This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Introduce yourself

Go down 
+152
Joycey
Epzaos The Destroyer
Cylon8472
Stigma
TheSnape
TRF
Lethal Predator
Teckno
TheNewValkyrie
GAYMidnightFenrir
Carlego
Kethex
Jossa81
resistance354
Freemon34'
TheTruthSettingUFree
Sonji
Xmarksthespot
adamlovesu
The Freemon34
Dutchy
ArtyonTheSovietRanger
Shoke
Noelol
Jamin
THEDJLiGHTSPEEDBLASTER
tk4218472
A7MAD_AU
micheal82
Angel In Black
Superkingz2
Twisted Tony
GRUNT317
joe11
BoznianBadass
dfenseOwnsu
thejedi360
illiniguy
AIDA
Juganer
shagohod
blurredpixels
Captain Emp
Troctoid877
Zinjesta
gt: FrozeN SouL x
TheUniversalGamer
Noel
mikenuge
kadelmon
toxicavenger778
Invaderzzim13
ghost23
LoB33W360
Static103
HaZeUnleashed
Theman
Kendo
Japanophile
FELIXjk007
TEHleader360
SGCopeland
Ozsem
Slickman
Pickles
game0reviews
gusgus2022
the RPG guy
xjosh360s
VERY NICE
Jezuzfreak9001
Tryfan Llywelyn
OWNage of DA Ps3
Stoney
4554Isaiah
Kazthesensation
Mr. Project Natal
i7Crisisx
Mr. Cole Drake
ShadowCK
daveMastaKill
ghostsniper
lVlysTicaL NiT3
C_Panda
Crownjo
Master Chief
Master_Chief
BillGates
raspymanic1
orca464
MLKioncWarlord
Grim0666
popjack88
Infinite Shock
Bullyblazer
mxt91
Blixtstorm
St3V1E 93
Arbiteris
THETROLLOWNSYOU
buddhapride69
Dozz108
ultima
sharingan dad
FaTb0y
GAMEZILLA_50000
Blake3one6
FUN
fonderplague
mjmgamer
A Dirty Muppet
Pistol Perk
Lt Xplosi
brandonk129
shadowmonkey987
spartan225
Aero250
Roflsoup
xero135
transformer809
DuDZZ
Spartan v07
Dartheroni
n2cranes
Segaswirl
-DeathWraith-
J77
--TASK--
mprSlim
Omiee
shirik2410
lightlamp
DeW
BigBoss96fs
DemonWolf
handkerchief
TeamAlphaOne
NoXiousBLD
FanboyHunter
CryonicMaestro ZA
g35coupe
clawbytes
arnt god of war
II XShogunX II
Zombl337
F2sT
M3A7L04F
DustinCanFly
dudeoftheages
343_Guilty_Spark
GeneralMLD
156 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Introduce yourself - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 1:14 pm

Pspvampire, also known as Steven lol.
I know I know... pspvampire, I should be a microsoft boy, not sony but the fact is that I prefer psp to ds because of a far more superior gaming library (though smaller) but when it comes to next-gen systems, I think Xbox 360 has the edge lol
I'll try to post as much as possible on this forum place. It's awesome Very Happy

------------------------------------------------------------------

forgot to mention
my youtube:

www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
BigBoss96fs

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 2:03 pm

I'm curious to see how long i can last on here. I own a 360, Wii, and PS3, and prefer the PS3. but after reading a few posts, it looks like Shogun is just waiting to ban people who have an opinion. truth is, i came here because i wanted to have some intelligent debate (even MLD suggests to come here for a good debate in his latest vid). i can already tell this isn't going to last long though. if i get banned off this post (for simply giving my opinion) then this site will never be relevant, fair, or worth a damn. lookin forward to some talks!

Big Boss.
Back to top Go down
DeW
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
DeW

PostSubject: hey all   Introduce yourself - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 2:09 pm

Hey all i from South Africa and love playing on my xbox 360 . Me and Shogun are best friend's he told me to come join here the site looks awesome
Back to top Go down
lightlamp
Master Chief Petty Officer
lightlamp

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 2:13 pm

yay! finally a website for the 360
Back to top Go down
shirik2410

shirik2410

PostSubject: Hi guys   Introduce yourself - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 2:21 pm

Hey all, im shirik2410, thats also my GT. Ive been a xbox fan since the original, never really liked the ps2. I love the 360 and would'nt change it for the world. I also own a wii but we wont go into that Embarassed

Recomended here by my buddy pspvampire Razz

My favourite games on 360 are, halo 3, gears of war, assasins creed, half life series and mass effect. Im deff getting ODST so if anyone wants a firefight game just add me.

Ps generalmld, Love the vids and keep up the good work!
Back to top Go down
II XShogunX II
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
II XShogunX II

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 2:24 pm

BigBoss96fs wrote:
I'm curious to see how long i can last on here. I own a 360, Wii, and PS3, and prefer the PS3. but after reading a few posts, it looks like Shogun is just waiting to ban people who have an opinion. truth is, i came here because i wanted to have some intelligent debate (even MLD suggests to come here for a good debate in his latest vid). i can already tell this isn't going to last long though. if i get banned off this post (for simply giving my opinion) then this site will never be relevant, fair, or worth a damn. lookin forward to some talks!

Big Boss.

Well you got one thing right, I am sitting on the edge of my seat in anticipation and waiting for a reason to ban someone, but I will not ban without reason. All the people I have banned have been spamming, insulting, causing trouble and raging, so it was justified. I am all for a god intellectual discussion but if it turns into a "PS3 r haz blu-ray!!! and free online!!! and better games!!!!" fest then it is game over.
Back to top Go down
DeW
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
DeW

PostSubject: hey   Introduce yourself - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 2:24 pm

i also love halo 3 and can't wait for ODST me and shogun will get it we can't play with you guys because it lags so bad Sad
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 2:50 pm

BigBoss96fs wrote:

Big Boss.

You'll be fine as long as you dont consider either console superior to one or the other. Meaning no blatant fanboyism.
Back to top Go down
Omiee
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
Omiee

PostSubject: Hello wsup   Introduce yourself - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 5:18 pm

sorry i wanted to post this in the introduce youself but it made a new thread
sorry

Im Omiee
I own a PS3 and 360 among other things like a gaming pc and a psp and ps2 and etc.
Im here to have a reasonable discussion with u guys, and hope to show u the joy of having both consoles.
cuz having them both, means u dont have to be such a fanboy cuz u can enjoy best of both worlds.
i even have a blog about it on GT showing how good it would be if u just owned booth.
Would save u the fanboy crap and discussions and choosing a side thing.
And btw some of u guys are realy filled with hate for the ps3 and sony, i dont understand what they did to u to make u hate them so much ..?

I mean 550.000 in one week is a lot of a non holliday week.
And both consoles have great games, great online support and support from 3rd party's
and it evens it self out:
Microsoft is better with securing exclusives and getting exlusives Multiplayform
but sony is better at having the biggest first party studio group.

So im looking forward to having normal discussions with u guys, cuz there is no use in saying these things to each other

PS3 HAS NO GAMES PS3 SUCKS PS3 IS IN LAST PLACE
360 SUCKS 360 HARDWARE SUCKS BLABLA

I mean if we have to look at sales to know how good something is, means that the wii is better than 360 and ps3 HELL NO.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:

Ehm woow a thread about PS3 dident see this coming.
good things about PS3 hmm.

Blu-ray i love watching planet earth and other movies and shows on blu-ray ( since we still dont have HD television in Holland )

Easy XMB its just clear and smooth.

And games, i just love the games on it ( socom for on has a great community and is patched to be a solid game now, its community is as active as halo 3 ( not in numbers but they do play it a lot )
KZ2 MGS4 uncharted ( and uncharted 2 beta was good ) and ratchet and Valkyria chronicles.

EDIT: WHAT THE HELL, im respondin to threads but in stead it makes new thread can somebody fix this or tell me how i fix this ..?

Last edited by Omiee on Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 5:23 pm

Nah man we dont mind what you own and your personal preferences. What we dont like is people saying 360 has no games, or ps3 is better, or live isnt worth $50 a yr, cause its all based on opinion. You sound like a cool dude, so enjoy the forums afro
Back to top Go down
Omiee
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
Omiee

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 5:27 pm

No ill def speak my mind about flaws from both ends.

example:

Sony sucks at marketing ( they have a lot of great games but they just suck at marketing )

Taking advantage of their company ( i mean what the hell they are top 3 movie makers and top 3 music company, why is this nothing they put in PSN or what ever )

360 makes way to much sound, if u want proof here's a video of my setup
its sounds like a fucking jet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CM3eM1ggEZY

Alot of things are not free on LIVE like avatar clothes and themes etc etc, and demo's coming out later if ur only a silver account member
Back to top Go down
M3A7L04F
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
M3A7L04F

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 6:18 pm

Omiee wrote:

example:

Sony sucks at marketing ( they have a lot of great games but they just suck at marketing )

Taking advantage of their company ( i mean what the hell they are top 3 movie makers and top 3 music company, why is this nothing they put in PSN or what ever )

Alot of things are not free on LIVE like avatar clothes and themes etc etc, and demo's coming out later if ur only a silver account member
yea but I heard on HOME, you have to pay to buy furniture and other stuff...
BTW I merged this topic with the "Introduce Yourself" topic...
Back to top Go down
http://NextGenWalkthroughs.com
mprSlim

PostSubject: Who I am, why I support   Introduce yourself - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 6:30 pm

Howdy...I found out about this site from some spam elsewhere around the internet so I figured someone might be interested in my reasoning of why I support the Xbox 360.

I am an indie MMO developer and gaming journalist. I develop on unfungames.com and my gaming website is multiplayerreport.com. I've been working in gaming since around 2005.

I was up and down with consoles I preferred. I loved the NES, preferred the Genesis over the Super NES, and bought a Saturn over a PS1. Of course the PS1 was supposed to be the CD drive for the Super NES, and had Nintendo not been idiots, the PS1 would have never existed. Sega had a great line-up for the Saturn, and it even outsold the PS1 (in Japan) for awhile, but the extra $100 pricetag in the US had Sony ultimately winning and really starting Sega's downfall. That, and Sony unloading a dumptruck full of money at Square's doorstep for tons of exclusive Final Fantasy games over the course of the next decade.

I loved the Dreamcast. I was pissed off that it sold so poorly and Sega was forced out of the console business. I'm not one of these people who thinks every game Sega releases nowadays will be great. I know they're mostly terrible budgetware titles. That's life, but it really annoys me that Nintendo and Sony both took part in bringing Sega down. The Dreamcast was the console that cried wolf. After the failure of the Saturn, many gamers weren't willing to give Sega another chance. Had Nintendo kept the deal with Sony to release the Super NES CD ROM then the PS1 never happens and the Saturn does better. We get better online gaming much earlier than it took, and Sony isn't able to make buying exclusivity an industry standard....Oh, and GOOD Sega games are still being made.

Microsoft's Xbox, to me, was the Dreamcast that could compete. It had great innovations. Microsoft put in a hard drive and had a broadband adapter built in. That, and the Xbox 360 having HD support for all games as well as achievements, a great dashboard/marketplace design has put them way out in front. Sony seems to be spinning their tires. Trophies copied achievements, the sixaxis copied the Wiimote, Home copies Second Life, and it seems like Sony exclusive developers are all raging nerds, what with their AIM conversations where they bash games a lot better than the ones that make. To summarize the pathetic attitude of Sony's developers you need look no further than a Killzone 2 ad I saw that said "Combat Perfected" which was obviously a knock against Halo's "Combat Evolved" slogan. From what I hear, Killzone 2's controls stink, so they must have a strange idea of what perfect means.

Sony lies too much for my liking. I'm sick of hearing how every game is "only possible on the PS3"...what they arent' telling you is that the REASON is simply because Sony owns the publishing rights to that title. Every single third party game that Sony has claimed that about has had the developer's speaking up and correcting Sony. Sony also claimed EVERY game would be 1080p and running at 60fps. Is there any game that actually accomplished that, by the way? And they cry when Microsoft buys things like exclusive DLC for GTA4 when Sony are the ones that made that possible with their deal with Squaresoft back in the 90's for exclusive FF games.

Last but certainly not least, I am an American. I will support the American company in the same way the Japanese refuse to support our products. Japanese gamers enjoy crap. Any awful game with "Gundam" in the title will outsell any AAA game. We need to take over the industry because if the Japanese have their way we'll play turn-based linear RPG's and fighting games for the rest of our lives with little else in way of variety.
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 6:30 pm

M3A7L04F wrote:
Omiee wrote:

example:

O and for BETA Invites, Early Demos, Developer Interviews & Game Previews on PS3 you have to pay for Qore which is $24.99 a yr. Xbox LIVE has everything PSN's Qore has PLUS Party Chat, more content on the Marketplace, a UNIFIED gaming service with universal game invites, voice/text/photo messaging, 1 vs 100, Netflix, Twitter, Facebook, Last.fm, Instant 1080/5.1 DD streaming Video, recent players list, easy 15 second connection to a PC for Media Center, integration with MSN Messanger, cross game-play between PC & 360, LIVE on Windows Mobile Cell Phones/Windows PCs/Xbox 360s, and a couple features I most likely missed for $49.99 a yr ($29.99-$39.99 if you look for deals online).
Back to top Go down
Omiee
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
Omiee

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 6:32 pm

M3A7L04F wrote:
Omiee wrote:

example:

Yeah thanks man, i made a little mistake.
Well HOME has the basic model like avatars, its free everybody can get in to it, a lot of things are free but if u want to be special and have other stuff u gotta pay for it.
still i like avatars cuz they are easy to implement in to games like guitar hero and stuff, but the HOME world is just more interesting than just an avatar on the dashboard.
so microsoft should def do something like HOME.
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 6:40 pm

wow amazing an entire essay affraid affraid affraid good job best intro ive seen
Back to top Go down
M3A7L04F
M3A7L04F

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 6:42 pm

mprSlim wrote:
Howdy...I found out about this site from some spam elsewhere around the internet so I figured someone might be interested in my reasoning of why I support the Xbox 360.
I merged this topic with another one...
Back to top Go down
http://NextGenWalkthroughs.com
Omiee
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
Omiee

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 6:47 pm

Zombl337 wrote:
M3A7L04F wrote:
Omiee wrote:

example:

O and for BETA Invites, Early Demos, Developer Interviews & Game Previews on PS3 you have to pay for Qore which is $24.99 a yr. Xbox LIVE has everything PSN's Qore has PLUS Party Chat, more content on the Marketplace, a UNIFIED gaming service with universal game invites, voice/text/photo messaging, 1 vs 100, Netflix, Twitter, Facebook, Last.fm, Instant 1080/5.1 DD streaming Video, recent players list, easy 15 second connection to a PC for Media Center, integration with MSN Messanger, cross game-play between PC & 360, LIVE on Windows Mobile Cell Phones/Windows PCs/Xbox 360s, and a couple features I most likely missed for $49.99 a yr ($29.99-$39.99 if you look for deals online).

You dont get betas for free on LIVE
u gotta pay extra so u dont have to wait a week for a demo
and with the browser u can stream twitter facebook youtube or what ever u want on PS3 right ..?
i can use my PS3 as a media center without needing 15 secons i just click on mediacenter on the XMB and i get all these maps with pictures and videos on my laptop or PC.
all bluray headsets and keyboards work with it
hard drive is cheap and u can put in up to 500 gb or more.
and QORE is a choise, u can play online either way.
on LIVE u gotta pay for online.

And this is why i come over like im biased to PS3 cuz i try to defend it but thats because u guys attack it way to much
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 7:09 pm

Omiee wrote:
Zombl337 wrote:
M3A7L04F wrote:
Omiee wrote:

example:

and with the browser u can stream twitter facebook youtube or what ever u want on PS3 right ..?
i can use my PS3 as a media center without needing 15 secons i just click on mediacenter on the XMB and i get all these maps with pictures and videos on my laptop or PC.

And this is why i come over like im biased to PS3 cuz i try to defend it but thats because u guys attack it way to much

BETAs are FREE, you get them from game websites. For early demos on PS3 you need Qore ($24.99 /yr). Media Center is just as easy as PS3, I just said 15 seconds for the reason it's quick and easy. You get maps of media on your PC with 360 as well. Headsets arent included with a PS3 so not many people have them on PS3, while everyone has one on LIVE, so it feels like you are actually playing with someone and not an AI BOT. Keyboards work with 360 to navigate menus, and text chat. What do you need a 500GB HDD for on a console when both PS3 & 360 stream media from a PC, MP3 Player, Camera, Phone, or USB Drive?! Qore is a choice, just like LIVE is a choice, yet LIVE has 12 Million+ GOLD Members.
Back to top Go down
handkerchief

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 7:12 pm

Omiee wrote:
Zombl337 wrote:
M3A7L04F wrote:
Omiee wrote:

example:

i have never payed for any beta on xbox.
what i dont get is why you need a internet browser on your console, you have the internet already so you have a computer so you dont need an internet browser on the console. the facebook and twitter thing im proberbly going to check out but not use it. if it is true i might use it to take in game stills and upload them to facebook.
Back to top Go down
--TASK--

--TASK--

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 7:13 pm

I am TASK. Xbox is not my system of choice. I prefer multiplatform gaming on every system. But one thing I like about 360 is Gears of War and Mass Effect
Back to top Go down
J77
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 7:17 pm

matrixrory wrote:
Omiee wrote:
Zombl337 wrote:
M3A7L04F wrote:
Omiee wrote:

example:

what i dont get is why you need a internet browser on your console, you have the internet already so you have a computer so you dont need an internet browser on the console. the facebook and twitter thing im proberbly going to check out but not use it. if it is true i might use it to take in game stills and upload them to facebook.

i played a beta for call of duty world at war (team death match) on xbox live before the actual game came out. and it was free.
Back to top Go down
-DeathWraith-

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 7:24 pm

Actual name is Mitch. I'm not going to lie and say that I perfer the Xbox 360 over the PlayStation 3, because I don't. However, what I will say is that both systems seem to have their own strengths, and their own problems. Like for example having to pay for Xbox Live, PSN being free but lacking in content in comparison to Xbox Live, both systems having hardware issues etc.

Games on Xbox 360 that I did enjoy playing range from Mass Effect, Lost Odyessey, Forza Motorsport 2, Gears Of War, Gears Of War 2, Fable II [although it isn't better then the original IMO] and even Halo 3 with mates. [even though I also don't find Halo 3 that great]

I would still own and play an Xbox 360, if the damn thing didn't RROD on me. I plan on re-purchasing an Xbox 360 at a later time, when the price has gone down and I can manage the spare money.

[We are, after all, in a fucked up econmany right now and there are more important things to me personally]
Back to top Go down
handkerchief

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 7:30 pm

dirtyj177 wrote:
matrixrory wrote:
Omiee wrote:
Zombl337 wrote:
M3A7L04F wrote:
Omiee wrote:

example:

i played a beta for call of duty world at war (team death match) on xbox live before the actual game came out. and it was free.

same. i dont know where he got the information that you have to pay for beta demos. anyways this is off topic this is ment to be an introduction thread
Back to top Go down
Segaswirl
Seaman Recruit
Segaswirl

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 7:37 pm

I was a Dreamcast fan. Once Sega decided to focus on making games for other (less worthy) systems I bought an Xbox.

I got my Xbox with Jet Set Radio Future, Sega GT, Halo and never looked back. I also picked up Shenmue 2, Crazy Taxi 3, Toejam & Earl 3 and Panzer Dragoon Orta not long after, great system. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself   Introduce yourself - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself
Page 2 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Announcements, Rules, and Regulations :: Announcements-
Jump to: