This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ODST - Your thoughts on its impact

Go down 
+20
Arbiteris
Lt Xplosi
DemonWolf
NoXiousBLD
CryonicMaestro ZA
DeW
spartan225
Aero250
transformer809
DuDZZ
xero135
xazrim
Pistol Perk
arnt god of war
Zombl337
F2sT
dudeoftheages
343_Guilty_Spark
M3A7L04F
GeneralMLD
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

ODST - Your thoughts on its impact Empty
PostSubject: ODST - Your thoughts on its impact   ODST - Your thoughts on its impact EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 11:00 am

Will it move 360's?

Will it outsell Killzone 2 in its first week?

Will it be AAA?
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
M3A7L04F
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
M3A7L04F

PostSubject: Re: ODST - Your thoughts on its impact   ODST - Your thoughts on its impact EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 12:37 pm

Of course it will. Every Halo game to me is AAA. Killzone 2 sucked
Back to top Go down
http://NextGenWalkthroughs.com
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: ODST - Your thoughts on its impact   ODST - Your thoughts on its impact EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 5:34 pm

ODST is going to KILL everything else at retail when it releases. Have you seen the new ad they made? Check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rxUOdpAliE

That ad alone is going to make people who have never heard of Halo and never thought about getting an Xbox 360 get up go to the store and buy both.

It's going to be huge!

Did you know that it comes with all the Halo 3 maps? It even has the executable so you don't have to use the Halo 3 disc to play online.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
dudeoftheages
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
dudeoftheages

PostSubject: Re: ODST - Your thoughts on its impact   ODST - Your thoughts on its impact EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 6:12 am

GeneralMLD wrote:
Will it move 360's?

Will it be AAA?

YES, YES, and HELL YES.

PS3 fans wish they could play Halo 3 and ODST. That's why they constantly bash it. They have to pretend they don't need it. I've got my copy of ODST preordered and I bet it's going to make Killzone 2's sales look pathetic.
Back to top Go down
F2sT
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: ODST - Your thoughts on its impact   ODST - Your thoughts on its impact EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 12:17 pm

ive already posted pre orders for mw 2 and odst. lets face it. mw2 is an exclusive to xbox. look at the pre orders. the pre orders show you how weak ps3 is in the usa.
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: ODST - Your thoughts on its impact   ODST - Your thoughts on its impact EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 12:47 pm

I dont think it's going to sell to many 360's, but it will sell a few. And it's massive sales will steal sales from PS3 games, that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: ODST - Your thoughts on its impact   ODST - Your thoughts on its impact EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 4:14 pm

Zombl337 wrote:
I dont think it's going to sell to many 360's, but it will sell a few. And it's massive sales will steal sales from PS3 games, that's for sure.

I agree it's massive sales will destroy PS3 sales, but I think ODST will sell consoles. With the recent price drop and new killer games, this holiday is going to be owned by Microsoft.

There's a game of the year pack in with the Xbox Elite. It comes with Halo 3 and Fable 2. I think the ads for ODST are going to strike a cord with people who haven't yet picked up a console and they are going to want to get the Game of the Yea pack along with ODST.

BTW, check out this ODST vid doc, it's really cool. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0Q8Ca9jhQs
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: ODST - Your thoughts on its impact   ODST - Your thoughts on its impact EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 5:06 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Zombl337 wrote:

I agree it's massive sales will destroy PS3 sales, but I think ODST will sell consoles. With the recent price drop and new killer games, this holiday is going to be owned by Microsoft.

There's a game of the year pack in with the Xbox Elite. It comes with Halo 3 and Fable 2. I think the ads for ODST are going to strike a cord with people who haven't yet picked up a console and they are going to want to get the Game of the Yea pack along with ODST.

BTW, check out this ODST vid doc, it's really cool. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0Q8Ca9jhQs

I'm not saying ODST won't increase sales, but I just feel it won't increase them by A LOT.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: ODST - Your thoughts on its impact   ODST - Your thoughts on its impact EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 1:03 am

Who knows. All those Wii owners tired of playing kid games may decide this is the year to ask for Halo and ODST for Christmas.
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: ODST - Your thoughts on its impact   ODST - Your thoughts on its impact EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 3:29 pm

1st week didnt kz2 sell only 1.2m odst will probobaly sell 1.3-1.5m on the first day
Back to top Go down
dudeoftheages
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
dudeoftheages

PostSubject: Re: ODST - Your thoughts on its impact   ODST - Your thoughts on its impact EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 4:29 pm

arntson wrote:
1st week didnt kz2 sell only 1.2m odst will probobaly sell 1.3-1.5m on the first day

KZ2 has total world wide sales of 1.3m

ODST has nearly 1m preorders just in the US alone.

I think ODST will easily outsell KZ2 on it's first day.
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: ODST - Your thoughts on its impact   ODST - Your thoughts on its impact EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 5:37 pm

dudeoftheages wrote:
arntson wrote:

PS3 fanboys say more pre-orders just means fanboys who dont even know if the game is good, yet they praise every PS3 exclusive like a god before it comes out.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: ODST - Your thoughts on its impact   ODST - Your thoughts on its impact EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 9:52 pm

Zombl337 wrote:
dudeoftheages wrote:
arntson wrote:

PS3 fanboys say more pre-orders just means fanboys who dont even know if the game is good, yet they praise every PS3 exclusive like a god before it comes out.

PS3 fanboys are so full of shit. Halo has tons of fans BECAUSE it's great. Bungie has made a bad game yet for Xbox. They are just jealous becuase their precious KZ2 gets bitch slapped by Halo 3 even though it's older.
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: ODST - Your thoughts on its impact   ODST - Your thoughts on its impact EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 10:05 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Zombl337 wrote:
dudeoftheages wrote:
arntson wrote:

PS3 fanboys are so full of shit. Halo has tons of fans BECAUSE it's great. Bungie has made a bad game yet for Xbox. They are just jealous becuase their precious KZ2 gets bitch slapped by Halo 3 even though it's older.

QFT....it will be funny to see Halo 3 ODST (an EXPANSION of Halo 3) outsell KZ2's 7 month lead LTD in 2-3 weeks.....PS3 fanboys can keep playing their graphics, and I will keep playing great games like Halo, Gears, Forza & Crackdown.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: ODST - Your thoughts on its impact   ODST - Your thoughts on its impact EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 10:14 pm

Even though ODST is still using the now outdated Halo 3 engine, I heard the improvements to the graphics are quite impressive. I can't wait to see it in HD.
Back to top Go down
M3A7L04F
M3A7L04F

PostSubject: Re: ODST - Your thoughts on its impact   ODST - Your thoughts on its impact EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 10:15 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Even though ODST is still using the now outdated Halo 3 engine, I heard the improvements to the graphics are quite impressive. I can't wait to see it in HD.
Halo has the best Art in any game
Back to top Go down
http://NextGenWalkthroughs.com
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: ODST - Your thoughts on its impact   ODST - Your thoughts on its impact EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 10:20 pm

M3A7L04F wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Halo has the best Art in any game

Damn right! Bungie knows how to paint the canvas.
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: ODST - Your thoughts on its impact   ODST - Your thoughts on its impact EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 10:31 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

I hear that....Just traded in Halo 3, Call of Duty 4 & Forza 2 for $38 towards Halo 3 ODST, and I cant wait to play ODST & Firefight with Sgt. Johnson, and then play the HALO REACH BETA IN EARLY 2010:) w00t w00t!
Back to top Go down
Pistol Perk
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Pistol Perk

PostSubject: Re: ODST - Your thoughts on its impact   ODST - Your thoughts on its impact EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 6:41 pm

Zombl337 wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

I hear that....Just traded in Halo 3, Call of Duty 4 & Forza 2 for $38 towards Halo 3 ODST, and I cant wait to play ODST & Firefight with Sgt. Johnson, and then play the HALO REACH BETA IN EARLY 2010:) w00t w00t!
is it early 2010? and once it goes active how do we access? do we have to put it in a code or will it be in ODST?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ODST - Your thoughts on its impact   ODST - Your thoughts on its impact EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 6:58 pm

Can't wait for this game, I pre-ordered so I get johnson.
Back to top Go down
xazrim
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: ODST - Your thoughts on its impact   ODST - Your thoughts on its impact EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 9:03 pm

i loved the new trailer for odst Smile
Back to top Go down
xazrim
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: ODST - Your thoughts on its impact   ODST - Your thoughts on its impact EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 9:08 pm

Zombl337 wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Zombl337 wrote:
dudeoftheages wrote:
arntson wrote:

QFT....it will be funny to see Halo 3 ODST (an EXPANSION of Halo 3) outsell KZ2's 7 month lead LTD in 2-3 weeks.....PS3 fanboys can keep playing their graphics, and I will keep playing great games like Halo, Gears, Forza & Crackdown.

like all of us Smile but least they have god of war 3, uncharted 2, gt5, heavy rain, ratchet and clank, last guardian, wkc, demon souls, and mag also to play soon, good time for all gamers
Back to top Go down
xero135
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
xero135

PostSubject: Re: ODST - Your thoughts on its impact   ODST - Your thoughts on its impact EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 1:36 am

it will probly be AAA if not then definitley AA and ya it probly will out sell killzone 2. but idk about help sell 360's cuz pretty much all halo fans bought a 360 when halo 3 came out and i doubt there are any halo fans out there that dont have a 360
Back to top Go down
DuDZZ
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
DuDZZ

PostSubject: Re: ODST - Your thoughts on its impact   ODST - Your thoughts on its impact EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 1:38 am

dudeoftheages wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
Will it move 360's?

Will it be AAA?

YES, YES, and HELL YES.

PS3 fans wish they could play Halo 3 and ODST. That's why they constantly bash it. They have to pretend they don't need it. I've got my copy of ODST preordered and I bet it's going to make Killzone 2's sales look pathetic.

haha they whish they could play it... and when they do... they die right away and say "THIS GAME SUCKS CAUSE I BLOW AT IT"... ODST will sell like crazy... yes to everything you said Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.kindclan.com
xazrim
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: ODST - Your thoughts on its impact   ODST - Your thoughts on its impact EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 1:55 am

people need remember why halo3 sold so much on 360, because it was a combined force of PC/360 gamers, every PC fps nut wanted the game along with the xbox360 community, you only have to look at other 360 games sales to see they are normal sales for the install base, people rag on about sales, but Sony fan base is also spread out across there exclusives, 360 have only really got 2 big exclusive shooter franchises Halo3/Gears of War, Sony have pushed out Mgs4, R1/2, Socom, Warhawk, Kz2, Uncharted1, its easier to say that games sell better when your top 2 AAA hitters get all the attention in that one area

Last edited by xazrim on Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ODST - Your thoughts on its impact   ODST - Your thoughts on its impact Empty

Back to top Go down

ODST - Your thoughts on its impact
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next