This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Why JRPGS Fail at Sales for the xbox 360?

Go down 
+8
DemonWolf
Arbiteris
343_Guilty_Spark
Master_Chief
Noel
Stigma
daveMastaKill
Pein
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Pein
Four Star General (Moderator)
Pein

Why JRPGS Fail at Sales for the xbox 360? Empty
PostSubject: Why JRPGS Fail at Sales for the xbox 360?   Why JRPGS Fail at Sales for the xbox 360? EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 6:40 pm

the 360 has more jrpgs than the ps3 and thats a fact.but why the jrpgs fail at reaching a million? hell if even one jrpg sold a million? im wondering why noone is buying those games?
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: Why JRPGS Fail at Sales for the xbox 360?   Why JRPGS Fail at Sales for the xbox 360? EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 6:45 pm

You just awnsered your question without even knowing....
They fail reaching over a million cuz they're JRPG's. Yah don't see these problems with games like Mass Effect for example.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why JRPGS Fail at Sales for the xbox 360?   Why JRPGS Fail at Sales for the xbox 360? EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 6:47 pm

daveMastaKill wrote:
They fail reaching over a million cuz they're JRPG's. Yah don't see these problems with games like Mass Effect for example.

Mass Effect is a superior western RPG, that's why, Bioware is my favorite RPG developer. They come from Canada by the way.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Why JRPGS Fail at Sales for the xbox 360?   Why JRPGS Fail at Sales for the xbox 360? EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 7:00 pm

daveMastaKill wrote:
mass effect is western rpg.its different..i dont get the point "they fail reaching over a million cuz they're JRPG's"??
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Why JRPGS Fail at Sales for the xbox 360?   Why JRPGS Fail at Sales for the xbox 360? EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 7:04 pm

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
daveMastaKill wrote:
mass effect is western rpg.its different..i dont get the point "they fail reaching over a million cuz they're JRPG's"??

To put it blunty, JRPGs suck now. They were good in the past, but now JRPGs are generic and lame, not one has even been AAA in this gen.
Back to top Go down
Noel
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Noel

PostSubject: Re: Why JRPGS Fail at Sales for the xbox 360?   Why JRPGS Fail at Sales for the xbox 360? EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 7:11 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
daveMastaKill wrote:

To put it blunty, JRPGs suck now. They were good in the past, but now JRPGs are generic and lame, not one has even been AAA in this gen.
The only JRPG that i think would be AAA right now is Persona 4.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Why JRPGS Fail at Sales for the xbox 360?   Why JRPGS Fail at Sales for the xbox 360? EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 7:13 pm

RagnathePhunkGamer wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
daveMastaKill wrote:

The only JRPG that i think would be AAA right now is Persona 4.

And that's on the PS2 lol
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Why JRPGS Fail at Sales for the xbox 360?   Why JRPGS Fail at Sales for the xbox 360? EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 8:33 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
daveMastaKill wrote:

Very true. JRPGs are generic pieces of trash this generation. JRPGs havent evolved at all.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Why JRPGS Fail at Sales for the xbox 360?   Why JRPGS Fail at Sales for the xbox 360? EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 12:54 am

JRPG's aren't as good as western RPGs. It's funny how PS3fantards are going on about how Square gimped FF13 to appeal to the 360 market when Mass Effect has more exploration than any Final Fantasy. Don't even get me started on Elder Scrolls' expansive worlds. The Japanese seem to care more about cut-scenes and battles systems so Square tossed out the towns and exploration while western RPGs like Mass Effect, Elder Scrolls, Dragon Age Origins, etc. all are bigger better games. Is Square wanted to appeal to the 360 crowd they should have limited the cut-scenes, made the women look over 18, made the guys look like adult men, and tossed out the random turn based battles for action and exploration. FF13 wasn't gimped to apeal to Americans, it was gimped to appeal to more Japanese.

That's why JRPG sell poorly here and why better games like Mass Effect sell like crazy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Why JRPGS Fail at Sales for the xbox 360?   Why JRPGS Fail at Sales for the xbox 360? EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 4:03 am

wrpgs are better than jrpgs this gen,thats a fact,fallout 3,mass effect 1 and 2,elder scrolls 4 oblivion,borderlands etc..
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Why JRPGS Fail at Sales for the xbox 360?   Why JRPGS Fail at Sales for the xbox 360? EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 1:57 pm

JRPG's suck.I mean,i even hate there combat.Not close as tense as WRPG's
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Why JRPGS Fail at Sales for the xbox 360?   Why JRPGS Fail at Sales for the xbox 360? EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 4:39 pm

Sony's biggest market is Japan, right?
It's not 360's so that's probably why JRPGS sell badly, plus 360 fans are more into shooters (doesn't Halo's sales prove that?) but still, some are into RPGs like Mass Effect (it still has elements of shooting though haha)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
scarboy6693
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Why JRPGS Fail at Sales for the xbox 360?   Why JRPGS Fail at Sales for the xbox 360? EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 2:46 pm

what about Tales of Vesperia?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/techdude6693
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Why JRPGS Fail at Sales for the xbox 360?   Why JRPGS Fail at Sales for the xbox 360? EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 3:04 pm

demondragondude wrote:
Sony's biggest market is Japan, right?
It's not 360's so that's probably why JRPGS sell badly, plus 360 fans are more into shooters (doesn't Halo's sales prove that?) but still, some are into RPGs like Mass Effect (it still has elements of shooting though haha)

Well,western RPG's are very popular here too.Not just shooter's.
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: Why JRPGS Fail at Sales for the xbox 360?   Why JRPGS Fail at Sales for the xbox 360? EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 7:09 pm

scarboy6693 wrote:
what about Tales of Vesperia?
That still failed in sales. And that is like the best selling Xbox 360 game in Japan I think.
Back to top Go down
gigabite7
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
gigabite7

PostSubject: Re: Why JRPGS Fail at Sales for the xbox 360?   Why JRPGS Fail at Sales for the xbox 360? EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 2:03 am

i dont like it either.but its the truth jrpgs dont sell that much.it sad really. youd think america being the most diverse country in the world ,youd think wed be diverse with games as well but no where just looking for the next thing to shoot at.shooter shooters shooter shooters. godamnit america lets lower the guns for five fuckin minutes and play some jrpgs,hack and slash, and fighters
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer

PostSubject: Re: Why JRPGS Fail at Sales for the xbox 360?   Why JRPGS Fail at Sales for the xbox 360? EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 3:17 am

I think it's because JRPGs are usually there to attract Japanese players and the 360 doesn't really seem that popular in Japan. It's very popular in U.S. and I'm assuming most U.S. players don't JRPGs. That doesn't mean Japanese games suck. I have friends that loves DMC and I like Bullet Witch. Also Bayonetta seems to be doing good in the U.S.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Why JRPGS Fail at Sales for the xbox 360?   Why JRPGS Fail at Sales for the xbox 360? EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 4:01 am

gigabite7 wrote:
i dont like it either.but its the truth jrpgs dont sell that much.it sad really. youd think america being the most diverse country in the world ,youd think wed be diverse with games as well but no where just looking for the next thing to shoot at.shooter shooters shooter shooters. godamnit america lets lower the guns for five fuckin minutes and play some jrpgs,hack and slash, and fighters

Bioware RPGs do fine and so do Bethesda RPGs. Face it, the JRPG style is out of date and the Western RPGs has replaced it as the best way to play a Role Playing Game. JRPG barely even let your Role Play and WRPG have more exploration.
Back to top Go down
gigabite7
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
gigabite7

PostSubject: Re: Why JRPGS Fail at Sales for the xbox 360?   Why JRPGS Fail at Sales for the xbox 360? EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 6:05 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
gigabite7 wrote:

Bioware RPGs do fine and so do Bethesda RPGs. Face it, the JRPG style is out of date and the Western RPGs has replaced it as the best way to play a Role Playing Game. JRPG barely even let your Role Play and WRPG have more exploration.
bethesda is rubish most of there games revovle around the gimmick of open worlds and there charater development sucks ass me:ok so im finished with this puriefer crap so what next dad:the enclave haz invaded the project me:shit who didnt see that comeing*sarcasm*5 mins later dad dies doctor try to comfort me me:wait i was suposed to feel sorry for the guy i hardly knew him! only 10 times meeting him and suposed to feel sorry him?(includeing the character models and voice acting i couldnt tell from one old man from another or i coudnt stop loughing from the fery man of pointlookout and the guy thar gave you power armor training)and the main story was shit compared to interplays fallouts.boiware are my favorite wrpg developers and interplay if they ever come back but that pretty much it .btw why are bitching about there games being outdated?does that mere fact make l4d shitt?how about resident evil,dmc,pac-man,tetris are all shit in your mind just becouse the mere fact there out dated?
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Why JRPGS Fail at Sales for the xbox 360?   Why JRPGS Fail at Sales for the xbox 360? EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 6:53 am

gigabite7 wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
gigabite7 wrote:

bethesda is rubish most of there games revovle around the gimmick of open worlds and there charater development sucks ass me:ok so im finished with this puriefer crap so what next dad:the enclave haz invaded the project me:shit who didnt see that comeing*sarcasm*5 mins later dad dies doctor try to comfort me me:wait i was suposed to feel sorry for the guy i hardly knew him! only 10 times meeting him and suposed to feel sorry him?(includeing the character models and voice acting i couldnt tell from one old man from another or i coudnt stop loughing from the fery man of pointlookout and the guy thar gave you power armor training)and the main story was shit compared to interplays fallouts.boiware are my favorite wrpg developers and interplay if they ever come back but that pretty much it .btw why are bitching about there games being outdated?does that mere fact make l4d shitt?how about resident evil,dmc,pac-man,tetris are all shit in your mind just becouse the mere fact there out dated?

No, you don't get it? JRPG were designed to run on 8bit hardware with random fights so they didn't need sprites on the world map and turn based battles so they wouldn't need complex code. It seems all that changes is the graphics, but the Japanese are stuck in time when it comes to gameplay.

As for story and characters, they are all the same. The heroes are almost always emo boys that look like girls with a chip on their shoulder. You can't change that so you're not really even role playing. The games are full of pre-rendered cut-scenes that make the game more of a movie than a game. In fact the only reason to play the game is for the story, if it's decent. So why have all the tedious random battles with tedious turn based menu systems? It's all just to make the game take forever to grind through for no reason.

With WRPGs at least you get to play the role and do what you want in that role. The stories may not be as riveting as 50 well directed cut-scenes, but we get to effect the direction of the plot.

Look, I've enjoyed JRPGs in my life. FF7 was pretty good and Skies of Arcadia was really cool too. But WRPG has moved forward and improved in the last ten years. JRPG are the same and it's not becuase they were perfect to begin with. Pacman and Tetris are perfect. For what they are you can't make a better Pacman, but the original Final Fantasy is as clunky as a game can be. Final Fantasy isn't fun anymore after games like KOTOR and Mass Effect have shown how to make a fun game with a good story too. I'm not even sure I can enjoy another standard JRPG. Japanese developers are going to have to either learn from WRPGs or they'll find that western audiences will stop caring what comes out of the Land of the Rising Sun.

Oh and how is L4D outdated. If your talking about the graphics engine I would argue that it still looks good. As for the gameplay, well it's about as fun as a co-op game can be. It isn't holding the FPS genre back, it pushed it forward.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why JRPGS Fail at Sales for the xbox 360?   Why JRPGS Fail at Sales for the xbox 360? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why JRPGS Fail at Sales for the xbox 360?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: The Games-
Jump to: