This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

HALO REACH vs KILLZONE 2 GRAPHICS

Go down 
+14
igame
mikenuge
oh woe is me
Bluenose
Static103
ghost23
day walker
ZeusWillDie
ZaFtxX
Stigma
daveMastaKill
Master_Chief
Arbiteris
DemonWolf
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

HALO REACH vs KILLZONE 2 GRAPHICS Empty
PostSubject: HALO REACH vs KILLZONE 2 GRAPHICS   HALO REACH vs KILLZONE 2 GRAPHICS EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 7:33 pm

Well even Halo 3 beat Killzone 2 in terms of gameplay but now it's up to Reach to not only maintain that standard of gameplay but improve upon it and try and rival the graphics of Killzone 2. Can it succeed?

Well take a look at this link:

http://gamingbolt.com/2010/02/14/halo-reach-versus-killzone-2-hd-screenshot-comparison/

Ok, they said Killzone won but Halo Reach still won the round that shows the location (better level design...which is impressive because it's not as linear as kz2) and also it drew in terms of enemy character models.
Well people need to realise that most of those screenshots are not the final version, in fact they're apparently pre-alpha! Many of the textures will be altered and updated. If the graphics of Reach in it's infancy are catching up to Killzone 2's now, think how much the final game will pwn!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: HALO REACH vs KILLZONE 2 GRAPHICS   HALO REACH vs KILLZONE 2 GRAPHICS EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 7:39 pm

Bad comparison.He didnt show the best pic's of Halo Reach
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: HALO REACH vs KILLZONE 2 GRAPHICS   HALO REACH vs KILLZONE 2 GRAPHICS EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 7:54 pm

Arbiteris wrote:

yeah I know lol but he still said in one of the cases that it beat Killzone 2 and another case it drew. For bad pics from pre-alpha footage, that's pretty darn impressive.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: HALO REACH vs KILLZONE 2 GRAPHICS   HALO REACH vs KILLZONE 2 GRAPHICS EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 7:55 pm

demondragondude wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

yeah I know lol but he still said in one of the cases that it beat Killzone 2 and another case it drew. For bad pics from pre-alpha footage, that's pretty darn impressive.

True
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: HALO REACH vs KILLZONE 2 GRAPHICS   HALO REACH vs KILLZONE 2 GRAPHICS EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 7:59 pm

Halo Reach textures surpass KZ2 textures. I have KZ2 and that game is full of flat bland textures scattered throughout the game. Texture rendering is one of 360s strengths.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: HALO REACH vs KILLZONE 2 GRAPHICS   HALO REACH vs KILLZONE 2 GRAPHICS EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 8:03 pm

Halo Reach will also have a better story than killzone.

here is a summary of Killzone 2 story

"In a galaxy far far away,human's attack nazi's.The human's go pew pew a couple of time's and the nazi's drop dead".The End
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: HALO REACH vs KILLZONE 2 GRAPHICS   HALO REACH vs KILLZONE 2 GRAPHICS EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 8:06 pm

Arbiteris wrote:

"In a galaxy far far away,human's attack nazi's.The human's go pew pew a couple of time's and the nazi's drop dead".The End
Actually in the end you find out that you the Templars are actually the bad guys and the Helghast are in the right.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: HALO REACH vs KILLZONE 2 GRAPHICS   HALO REACH vs KILLZONE 2 GRAPHICS EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 8:09 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

Actually in the end you find out that you the Templars are actually the bad guys and the Helghast are in the right.

I thought it was ISA vs Helghast?And that Visari dies.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: HALO REACH vs KILLZONE 2 GRAPHICS   HALO REACH vs KILLZONE 2 GRAPHICS EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 8:12 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

I mean ISA. I got screwed up with the Templar in DAO. lol And yeah Rico kills Visari.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: HALO REACH vs KILLZONE 2 GRAPHICS   HALO REACH vs KILLZONE 2 GRAPHICS EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 8:14 pm

Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: HALO REACH vs KILLZONE 2 GRAPHICS   HALO REACH vs KILLZONE 2 GRAPHICS EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 8:14 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

I mean ISA. I got screwed up with the Templar in DAO. lol

really?At the end,Rico(the dumbass)shoot's Vasari.Then Visari say's a cliche line "The madness begins" and then they watch as the helghast fleet blow the crap out of ISA's.

Which pretty much fit's my description of the game earlier.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: HALO REACH vs KILLZONE 2 GRAPHICS   HALO REACH vs KILLZONE 2 GRAPHICS EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 8:15 pm

In a nutshell both stories ain't that original:
KillZone 2 story is more or less WW2 in space and Halo is nothing more than a shooter vs aliens.
However the size that the original Halo had become was amazing and there were obvious people that took advantage of it and built a entire world around it with games, comics, books, etc, creating the now know Halo Nation.
So for the sci-fi community i believe if not almost certain, that Halo is the winner.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: HALO REACH vs KILLZONE 2 GRAPHICS   HALO REACH vs KILLZONE 2 GRAPHICS EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 8:16 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

Haven't you ever wondered why it is the Hellghast on the cover and not the ISA? Have you seen the beginning cutscene part of the game when the game starts up? Where Visari makes that whole speech thing about having the ISA not allowing them their right in the universe? This is possible the ONLY good part of the campaign. A twist...how generic.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: HALO REACH vs KILLZONE 2 GRAPHICS   HALO REACH vs KILLZONE 2 GRAPHICS EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 8:17 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

really?At the end,Rico(the dumbass)shoot's Vasari.Then Visari say's a cliche line "The madness begins" and then they watch as the helghast fleet blow the crap out of ISA's.

Right. I never said your description didnt fit.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: HALO REACH vs KILLZONE 2 GRAPHICS   HALO REACH vs KILLZONE 2 GRAPHICS EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 8:19 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

Yup the story just sucks balls.
I mean the game was automatically a instant fail cuz of Rico.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: HALO REACH vs KILLZONE 2 GRAPHICS   HALO REACH vs KILLZONE 2 GRAPHICS EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 8:32 pm

daveMastaKill wrote:
KillZone 2 story is more or less WW2 in space and Halo is nothing more than a shooter vs aliens.
However the size that the original Halo had become was amazing and there were obvious people that took advantage of it and built a entire world around it with games, comics, books, etc, creating the now know Halo Nation.
So for the sci-fi community i believe if not almost certain, that Halo is the winner.

You are wrong about Halo's.

Halo has a wonderful story with lot's of twist's.It isnt just a faction vs faction story like Killzone's.

Play Halo 1,2 and Halo 3.

And if you read the Novel's i GARENTEE you wont say that Halo's story sucks.Expecially if you read Halo:Fall of Reach
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: HALO REACH vs KILLZONE 2 GRAPHICS   HALO REACH vs KILLZONE 2 GRAPHICS EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 8:33 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

Right. I never said your description didnt fit.

I know.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: HALO REACH vs KILLZONE 2 GRAPHICS   HALO REACH vs KILLZONE 2 GRAPHICS EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 8:35 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

Haven't you ever wondered why it is the Hellghast on the cover and not the ISA? Have you seen the beginning cutscene part of the game when the game starts up? Where Visari makes that whole speech thing about having the ISA not allowing them their right in the universe? This is possible the ONLY good part of the campaign. A twist...how generic.

Its the United Colonial Nations (UCN) that "was opressing" the Helghan, cuz the Helghan didn't want to pay they're taxes those naughty bastards.

ISA is like a treaty.... yah know... like N.A.T.O.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: HALO REACH vs KILLZONE 2 GRAPHICS   HALO REACH vs KILLZONE 2 GRAPHICS EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 8:36 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
daveMastaKill wrote:

You are wrong about Halo's.

Halo has a wonderful story with lot's of twist's.It isnt just a faction vs faction story like Killzone's.

Play Halo 1,2 and Halo 3.

And if you read the Novel's i GARENTEE you wont say that Halo's story sucks.Expecially if you read Halo:Fall of Reach

That's why i say in a nutshell.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: HALO REACH vs KILLZONE 2 GRAPHICS   HALO REACH vs KILLZONE 2 GRAPHICS EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 8:37 pm

But yeah i guess you are right, that twist of Halo is kinda cool and original i guess..

The one that Halos destroy everything i mean.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: HALO REACH vs KILLZONE 2 GRAPHICS   HALO REACH vs KILLZONE 2 GRAPHICS EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 8:42 pm

And you also have the Elites BFF to humans. I kinda didn't like it too much..more of a Duke Nukem style myself yah know, cuz like good old Duke would say:

-Damn, those alien bastards are gonna pay for shooting up my ride!

or

- I'm Duke Nukem. And I'm coming to get the rest of you alien bastards!
Back to top Go down
ZaFtxX
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
ZaFtxX

PostSubject: Re: HALO REACH vs KILLZONE 2 GRAPHICS   HALO REACH vs KILLZONE 2 GRAPHICS EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 8:51 pm

terrible comparison...
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: HALO REACH vs KILLZONE 2 GRAPHICS   HALO REACH vs KILLZONE 2 GRAPHICS EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 8:59 pm

daveMastaKill wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

Its the United Colonial Nations (UCN) that "was opressing" the Helghan, cuz the Helghan didn't want to pay they're taxes those naughty bastards.

ISA is like a treaty.... yah know... like N.A.T.O.

Oh yeah, i forgot, it's been a while since i've played those games. And i don't think i'll bother playing the campaigns again lol. I was actually thinking of selling Killzone 2 while it's still worth something. I'm just kind of a collector so i hesitate to even though i think it sucks.
Back to top Go down
ZeusWillDie

PostSubject: Re: HALO REACH vs KILLZONE 2 GRAPHICS   HALO REACH vs KILLZONE 2 GRAPHICS EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 12:58 am

Killzone 2 still looks better than reach Laughing
For anyone that thinks that halo reach will look better once its out , Well just look at halo 3 ,They said the same thing about it looking better once its release. IF reach does surpass killzone 2 in graphics it will be just for a while until killzone 3 releases which might get announce this year.
Back to top Go down
ZaFtxX
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
ZaFtxX

PostSubject: Re: HALO REACH vs KILLZONE 2 GRAPHICS   HALO REACH vs KILLZONE 2 GRAPHICS EmptyMon Feb 15, 2010 1:29 am

ZeusWillDie wrote:
Killzone 2 still looks better than reach Laughing
For anyone that thinks that halo reach will look better once its out , Well just look at halo 3 ,They said the same thing about it looking better once its release. IF reach does surpass killzone 2 in graphics it will be just for a while until killzone 3 releases which might get announce this year.

halo reach is looking better already, AND its not a small space linear shooter like killzone 2..

does killzone have splitscreen? no
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HALO REACH vs KILLZONE 2 GRAPHICS   HALO REACH vs KILLZONE 2 GRAPHICS Empty

Back to top Go down

HALO REACH vs KILLZONE 2 GRAPHICS
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next