This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?

Go down 
+32
Media
Lanced Jack
umad
lightlamp
day walker
Stoney
Alice
zinc
Madtoker
atari_g33k
optimusprime
Doominator99
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
arnt god of war
Blackou7
Stigma
Invincible
GeneralMLD
micheal82
343_Guilty_Spark
igame
gamer4life
Master_Chief
Pickles
Alan1994
Bluenose
Arbiteris
Stoicwalker
daveMastaKill
Pein
ghost23
DemonWolf
36 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? Empty
PostSubject: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? EmptySun May 23, 2010 7:20 am

I noticed a post on N4G saying how all the stuff in Killzone 3's environment will be destructible.
And a friend on Youtube told me that Killzone 3 will have jetpacks (hmm I wonder what made them decide to put that in...)

What do you think, does Killzone stand a chance this time?
Or will it fail at matching the amazing experience Halo offers yet again?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? EmptySun May 23, 2010 8:00 am

Just destructible environments will not be able to reach anywhere near the quality that the Halo series has achieved. Honestly, no chance at all.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? EmptySun May 23, 2010 8:11 am

i dont know.we have to see..halo reach will win in sales and probably in multiplayer,as for campaign i think it will be interesting to see whats the story for killzone 3,we know what will happen in reach,for those who readed the book,as for killzone 3 i cant wait to see whats gonna be the story for killzone 3
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? EmptySun May 23, 2010 11:18 am

Doubtful.
Back to top Go down
Stoicwalker
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? EmptySun May 23, 2010 11:42 am

demondragondude wrote:
I noticed a post on N4G saying how all the stuff in Killzone 3's environment will be destructible.
And a friend on Youtube told me that Killzone 3 will have jetpacks (hmm I wonder what made them decide to put that in...)

Jetpacks have been in multiple games before, I also heard that there jetpacks in the PSP version of Killzone
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? EmptySun May 23, 2010 12:09 pm

Doubtful

Unless it can beat Halo's online,gameplay,story and soundtrack it really has no chance at all.

Killzone's story utterly sucks(aint just my oppinion,all reviewers said this and even the fans said it) and Halo's story has always been sweet.

Andrej,just because there is a Novel on the battle of Reach doesnt mean we will know what happens in the game.We just know that the covenant sent a huge invasion force and glassed Reach

oh yes,Jetpacks were in the game Tribes first,later used in a game called Section 8 so niether Halo or Killzone are using it first
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? EmptySun May 23, 2010 12:11 pm

These threads of which game is better isn't really accurate. We haven't seen the full games yet, we cannot judge and those who do obviously dont know how to give a fair fight. And umm DDD how do you know if they didn't add jetpacks before knowing whats on Halo....
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? EmptySun May 23, 2010 12:53 pm

Unless they make the controls more responsive then KZ3 doesn't really have a chance.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? EmptySun May 23, 2010 12:55 pm

Stoicwalker wrote:
demondragondude wrote:

Jetpacks have been in multiple games before, I also heard that there jetpacks in the PSP version of Killzone

Maybe but I think it's funny that the game franchise that originally presented itself as a "halo killer" should feature similar gameplay aspects.

Are you sure there are jetpacks in killzone Liberation? I've not completed the game but as far as I got up to there were none.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? EmptySun May 23, 2010 1:32 pm

It wont surpass Halo, but I think this one will do much better then 2. I will definetlly pre order this.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? EmptySun May 23, 2010 1:43 pm

The first Killzone failed to kill Halo. The second Killzone failed to kill Halo and.....you know that they say, "three times the charm." or something like that. Shit, I don't know.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? EmptySun May 23, 2010 1:58 pm

Pickles wrote:
The first Killzone failed to kill Halo. The second Killzone failed to kill Halo and.....
And the third will fail to kill Halo as well.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? EmptySun May 23, 2010 3:55 pm

Yea just ignore the fact the neither of the games can be compared since they both arent out yet...
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? EmptySun May 23, 2010 4:23 pm

gamer4life wrote:
each console has there fps. ps3-killzone, xbox 360-halo, wii-the conduit, pc-counter strike. why cant people just enjoy there games and STFU!

Lol QFT
but still, just asking if people reckon the next killzone will stand a chance against Halo Reach.
Back to top Go down
gamer4life
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
gamer4life

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? EmptySun May 23, 2010 4:24 pm

sorry but i choose killzone. not because halo is bad i really like halo. i just like killzone better.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? EmptySun May 23, 2010 6:03 pm

gamer4life wrote:
each console has there fps. ps3-killzone, xbox 360-halo, wii-the conduit, pc-counter strike. why cant people just enjoy there games and STFU!

You suck.It is fun debating Very Happy

Halo FTW alien
Back to top Go down
gamer4life
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
gamer4life

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? EmptySun May 23, 2010 8:45 pm

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Back to top Go down
igame
Senior Chief Petty Officer
igame

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? EmptySun May 23, 2010 11:28 pm

The games are too different to compare, i dont think Guerrilla Games were aiming to make a "Halo killer" since its nothing like Halo.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? EmptySun May 23, 2010 11:48 pm

Killzone 3 has about as much chance of killing Halo: Reach as Killzone 2 did at killing Halo 3.

Killzone has always been a generic shooter with generic character and a bunch of unimaginative bad guys that all look the same.

Halo games only come out around every 3 years or so, but at this rate there's going to be more Killzone games than Halo in another couple years. PS3 fantards like to say Halo is milked, but if they really want to see a desperate attempt to cash in on a popular genre they need look no farther than Killzone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
gamer4life
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
gamer4life

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? EmptySun May 23, 2010 11:55 pm

all shooters generic. it just depends on what you like about the game.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? EmptyMon May 24, 2010 1:18 am

gamer4life wrote:
all shooters generic. it just depends on what you like about the game.

Wow. STFU.
Back to top Go down
gamer4life
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
gamer4life

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? EmptyMon May 24, 2010 1:20 am

wow cause its true? or cause you think im talking shit about halo?
Back to top Go down
igame
igame

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? EmptyMon May 24, 2010 2:50 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Killzone 3 has about as much chance of killing Halo: Reach as Killzone 2 did at killing Halo 3.

Killzone has always been a generic shooter with generic character and a bunch of unimaginative bad guys that all look the same.

Halo games only come out around every 3 years or so, but at this rate there's going to be more Killzone games than Halo in another couple years. PS3 fantards like to say Halo is milked, but if they really want to see a desperate attempt to cash in on a popular genre they need look no farther than Killzone.

Generic Characters that all look the same? they are soldiers, they are all suppose to be wearing the same uniform, and there are actually different types of uniforms depending on the characters abilities.

Killzone was released in 2004, killzone 2 was released in 2009, thats 5 years mostly because developing for ps3 is suppose to be hard. Killzone 3 is not likely to come out this year, all they showed was screen shots and a few details, they are more likely to release it next year in february. First Person Shooters have never been a popular genre on playstation ( with the exception of COD )
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? EmptyMon May 24, 2010 3:05 am

igame wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:

Generic Characters that all look the same? they are soldiers, they are all suppose to be wearing the same uniform, and there are actually different types of uniforms depending on the characters abilities.

Killzone was released in 2004, killzone 2 was released in 2009, thats 5 years mostly because developing for ps3 is suppose to be hard. Killzone 3 is not likely to come out this year, all they showed was screen shots and a few details, they are more likely to release it next year in february. First Person Shooters have never been a popular genre on playstation ( with the exception of COD )

1. You forgot about that PSP Killzone game. I'm not surprised because nobody cares about Killzone or the PSP.

2. I played Killzone on PS2, it sucked. Playing more Killzone games appeals to me about as much as walking on hot coals.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? EmptyMon May 24, 2010 4:19 am

who the fuck started to say that killzone was supposed to be a halo killer? the answer:the ps2 die hard fanboys..jesus christ,both games are different,different story,different characters and different feel and experience,both are different and i think its stupid to compare them,if people wanna talk for a halo killer,resistance is the closest
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?   Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer? Empty

Back to top Go down

Killzone 3 Will Be The Halo Reach Killer?
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next