This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

dvd vs bluray??

Go down 
+11
kadelmon
Static103
Twisted Tony
Blixtstorm
joe11
Captain Emp
DemonWolf
Master_Chief
343_Guilty_Spark
ghost23
360boy
15 posters
AuthorMessage
360boy

dvd vs bluray?? Empty
PostSubject: dvd vs bluray??   dvd vs bluray?? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 2:46 am

im not a ps3 fanboy saying this i love the 360 but the one major flaw is that its using dvds. they need to come out with a 720 or add something on to it to make dvds bigger or something because games are starting to be on more than one discs and the picture is not as good, im posting this for people who think that dvd is better its not thats like saying VHS is better than dvd im not bashing the 360 im bashing the dvd, developers are having trouble making big awsome games but they feel constricted with the dvd format. heres a video from youtube about it to...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFa1gwX1R58
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

dvd vs bluray?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: dvd vs bluray??   dvd vs bluray?? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 2:58 am

Well DVD isnt going to get any bigger. Microsoft basically have two choices for next generation: Blu-Ray or Digital Cloud Distribution.

I think cloud is getting more and more likely every year especially with services like OnLive being announced.

Last edited by ghost23 on Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

dvd vs bluray?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: dvd vs bluray??   dvd vs bluray?? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 4:04 am

Multiple discs didn't hurt gaming on the Playstation, Saturn, PS2, Xbox, and it still doesn't hurt gaming on the PC. Only PS3 fantards bring it up when it comes to the Xbox 360 becuase it's the only real advantage the PS3 has. The PS3 is NOT more powerfull, it does not have more games, and it's online sucks. Yet it can play Blu-Ray movies.

Too bad PS3 owners seem to want to watch more movies then play games. Uncharted 2, the 2009 GOTY with AAA reviews, has yet to outsell Halo 3 ODST which had terrible press, AA reviews, and no new multiplayer.

Multiple discs work just fine and they are cheaper to manufacture so that's more profit for everyone involved.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

dvd vs bluray?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: dvd vs bluray??   dvd vs bluray?? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 5:52 am

360boy wrote:
im not a ps3 fanboy saying this
Yes you are. In fact you are gow 3 bypassing a ban that another mod gave you for trolling this forum. And dont come back here denying its you because your ip address doesnt lie.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

dvd vs bluray?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: dvd vs bluray??   dvd vs bluray?? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 7:34 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Multiple discs didn't hurt gaming on the Playstation, Saturn, PS2, Xbox, and it still doesn't hurt gaming on the PC. Only PS3 fantards bring it up when it comes to the Xbox 360 becuase it's the only real advantage the PS3 has. The PS3 is NOT more powerfull, it does not have more games, and it's online sucks. Yet it can play Blu-Ray movies.

Too bad PS3 owners seem to want to watch more movies then play games. Uncharted 2, the 2009 GOTY with AAA reviews, has yet to outsell Halo 3 ODST which had terrible press, AA reviews, and no new multiplayer.

Multiple discs work just fine and they are cheaper to manufacture so that's more profit for everyone involved.

Oh yes, quoted for truth. You pretty much said everything I wanted to say really xD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

dvd vs bluray?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: dvd vs bluray??   dvd vs bluray?? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 7:34 am

Master_Chief wrote:
360boy wrote:
Yes you are. In fact you are gow 3 bypassing a ban that another mod gave you for trolling this forum. And dont come back here denying its you because your ip address doesnt lie.

Lmao!! Nice observation xD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

dvd vs bluray?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: dvd vs bluray??   dvd vs bluray?? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 8:39 am

demondragondude wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
360boy wrote:

Lmao!! Nice observation xD
Thanks. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Captain Emp
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Captain Emp

dvd vs bluray?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: dvd vs bluray??   dvd vs bluray?? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 8:53 am

Quote :

yes you are. You've made multiple accounts trolling this forum. Even i can tell that you're a stealth troll. And i'll tell you what i tell all the other trolls.

This is a forum for 360 Fans. We don't want to deal with PS3 fanboys.

Hopefully my good friend MasterChief will ban you
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

dvd vs bluray?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: dvd vs bluray??   dvd vs bluray?? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 9:28 am

it's always the same guy
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

dvd vs bluray?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: dvd vs bluray??   dvd vs bluray?? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 9:34 am

ghost23 wrote:
Well DVD isnt going to get any bigger. Microsoft basically have two choices for next generation: Blu-Ray or Digital Cloud Distribution.

I think cloud is getting more and more likely every year especially with services like OnLive being announced.

I think that more "hard-disk" based games are coming. Like the old days, but with new types of storage with over 50 gb and higher reading speeds then any disc.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
Twisted Tony
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Twisted Tony

dvd vs bluray?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: dvd vs bluray??   dvd vs bluray?? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 9:40 am

I have no problem swapping out disc. But Blu Ray is the next step and Microsoft are going to find themselves putting out more multiple disc games as developers use Blu Ray's capacity. We've already heard that Lost Planet was cutting out content because of DVD. And the PS3 FF XIII graphics will look better because of the uncompressed dextures.

I doubt DVD will be used in the next generation. Unless the Wii continues to use it

Last edited by Twisted Tony on Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://greenlightgamer.wordpress.com/
Static103
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
Static103

dvd vs bluray?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: dvd vs bluray??   dvd vs bluray?? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 10:40 am

blu-ray is better. I say this coz it has more memory, it's scratch free, DVD has faster loading times on the 360 (The Games) & i gotta say this post is kinda dumb
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

dvd vs bluray?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: dvd vs bluray??   dvd vs bluray?? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 11:15 am

Captain Emp wrote:
Quote :

yes you are. You've made multiple accounts trolling this forum. Even i can tell that you're a stealth troll. And i'll tell you what i tell all the other trolls.

I already did.
Back to top Go down
Captain Emp
Captain Emp

dvd vs bluray?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: dvd vs bluray??   dvd vs bluray?? EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 11:24 am

Master_Chief wrote:
Captain Emp wrote:
Quote :

I already did.

nice!! I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
kadelmon
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
kadelmon

dvd vs bluray?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: dvd vs bluray??   dvd vs bluray?? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 1:58 am

it doesnt matter which one is better because most game developers work with the 360 version of the game if its multiplat and port it over to the PS3 so its not like the quality is anybetter because there not changing anything there just copying and pasting the code with a few tweeks to make it run on the other system whether it be ps3 or pc. the only differance would be if it is a console exclusive so the develpoers can take full advantage of either dvd format or blu ray on ps3 and even then most ps3 exclusive games dont run at 1080p so the extra space becomes redundant where as developers like epic games and bioware use close to the full potential of the dvd format and besides what do you expect microsoft to do just take the console and say hey you know what now that blu ray is out we should just go and redesign our console even though its doing well in the market just incase everyone around the world stops using dvd format overnight. and why is this in the console war section this has hardly anything to do with the consoles other than what format they run on.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/kadelmon
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

dvd vs bluray?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: dvd vs bluray??   dvd vs bluray?? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 10:20 am

ghost23 wrote:

Whats Digital Cloud Distribution?
Back to top Go down
Triangle

Triangle

dvd vs bluray?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: dvd vs bluray??   dvd vs bluray?? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 10:43 am

blu ray because it stays on 1 disc
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

dvd vs bluray?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: dvd vs bluray??   dvd vs bluray?? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 5:58 pm

Blu Ray is better.Plain and simple.

But it's not like Blu Ray is SUPER better than DVD.DVD is still great.

Next gen Xbox probally will be Blu Ray.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Cole Drake
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Mr. Cole Drake

dvd vs bluray?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: dvd vs bluray??   dvd vs bluray?? EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 8:07 pm

I think dvds will be around for at least another 15 years. At least I hope they are. But blu-ray movies do look a lot better on a HD TV.

I love it when movies come with both blu ray and dvd. I think that should start being the norm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

dvd vs bluray?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: dvd vs bluray??   dvd vs bluray?? Empty

Back to top Go down

dvd vs bluray??
Page 1 of 1