This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Thoughts on new GOW 3 footage?

Go down 
+16
Master_Chief
ghost23
-jaz350z-
daveMastaKill
DemonWolf
BIG-BOI
Static103
Pein
343_Guilty_Spark
Captain Emp
Arbiteris
Stigma
lightlamp
im-360...xbox360
ZaFtxX
ZaFt
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

Thoughts on new GOW 3 footage? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on new GOW 3 footage?   Thoughts on new GOW 3 footage? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 9:47 pm

it looks awesome
Back to top Go down
-jaz350z-
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
-jaz350z-

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on new GOW 3 footage?   Thoughts on new GOW 3 footage? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 9:55 pm

Quote :
I've heard a lot of people say that they prefer Bayonetta over God of war 3

Well I suppose "teh salezz!11!!1" speak for themselves my friend.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/index.php?name=bayonetta

God of War III has as many pre-orders as Bayonetta has sales scratch
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/jaz350z
Angel In Black
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Angel In Black

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on new GOW 3 footage?   Thoughts on new GOW 3 footage? - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 11:30 pm

It's only a button masher at the beginning when you have a limited amount of moves. As the game progresses you're forced to use a lot more strategy. If you just button mash towards the end, you'll get your ass handed to you.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on new GOW 3 footage?   Thoughts on new GOW 3 footage? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 12:11 am

Iron_Patriot wrote:
It's only a button masher at the beginning when you have a limited amount of moves. As the game progresses you're forced to use a lot more strategy. If you just button mash towards the end, you'll get your ass handed to you.

So it's a button masher with combos? Meh, I don't play many fighting games either.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on new GOW 3 footage?   Thoughts on new GOW 3 footage? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 2:39 am

looks badass
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on new GOW 3 footage?   Thoughts on new GOW 3 footage? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 4:23 am

-jaz350z- wrote:
Quote :
I've heard a lot of people say that they prefer Bayonetta over God of war 3

Well I suppose "teh salezz!11!!1" speak for themselves my friend.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/index.php?name=bayonetta

God of War III has as many pre-orders as Bayonetta has sales scratch

God of War 3 will sell more than Bayonetta, I have almost no doubt of that. I'm just saying that a lot of my friends (including myself) who have played Bayonetta think thats its an amazing game and will be better than God of War 3.
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
Master Chief Petty Officer
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on new GOW 3 footage?   Thoughts on new GOW 3 footage? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 6:16 am

This should be in the "Other gaming systems" topic.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on new GOW 3 footage?   Thoughts on new GOW 3 footage? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 6:39 am

DarkSwarm85 wrote:

Well the "Other Gamins System" is discussion of anything else apart from PS3.
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on new GOW 3 footage?   Thoughts on new GOW 3 footage? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 7:12 am

ghost23 wrote:
DarkSwarm85 wrote:

Well the "Other Gamins System" is discussion of anything else apart from PS3.

That's bizarre.
Back to top Go down
oh woe is me
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on new GOW 3 footage?   Thoughts on new GOW 3 footage? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 8:05 am

GOW 3 is not a "button masher" (and im probly gonna get banned for saying this LOL) they showed on the gt tv interview that they added A LOT to the combat lots of combos many new items that allow dashes, arial attacks etc. which really enriches the commbat (well at least it seems lol). but it is still definitely still a hack n slah game. oh and to those that are judging this game based on the demo, that demo was pre-beta, and everyone who has played the full game says to forget the demo, it gives absolutely no justice to GOW 3.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on new GOW 3 footage?   Thoughts on new GOW 3 footage? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 8:09 am

oh woe is me wrote:
GOW 3 is not a "button masher" (and im probly gonna get banned for saying this LOL) they showed on the gt tv interview that they added A LOT to the combat lots of combos many new items that allow dashes, arial attacks etc. which really enriches the commbat (well at least it seems lol). but it is still definitely still a hack n slah game. oh and to those that are judging this game based on the demo, that demo was pre-beta, and everyone who has played the full game says to forget the demo, it gives absolutely no justice to GOW 3.

That may be true to an extent, but to my knowledge, you can still play through the entire game by just button-mashing and thats unacceptably easy.
Games like Bayonetta force you to actually learn combos otherwise you will die.
Back to top Go down
oh woe is me
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on new GOW 3 footage?   Thoughts on new GOW 3 footage? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 8:17 am

ghost23 wrote:
oh woe is me wrote:

That may be true to an extent, but to my knowledge, you can still play through the entire game by just button-mashing and thats unacceptably easy.

well in the first couple of levels ya, but in previous god of war games certain enemies would only be killed with certain combos, like the enemies with the glowing shield, you had to break there shield with a certain combo otherwise you couldnt kill them.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on new GOW 3 footage?   Thoughts on new GOW 3 footage? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 9:46 am

oh woe is me wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
oh woe is me wrote:

well in the first couple of levels ya, but in previous god of war games certain enemies would only be killed with certain combos, like the enemies with the glowing shield, you had to break there shield with a certain combo otherwise you couldnt kill them.

Yea and you do those combo's over and voer by mashing button's
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on new GOW 3 footage?   Thoughts on new GOW 3 footage? - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 2:50 pm

well gow is more than a button masher it has a great story, awesome cut scenes,graphics,combos,and
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on new GOW 3 footage?   Thoughts on new GOW 3 footage? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on new GOW 3 footage?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2