This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360.

Go down 
+20
Master_Chief
3DO Was Something
343_Guilty_Spark
Gibbon_Master
Trey4gays
-jaz350z-
Stoney
conzo
TrueGamer
spartan225
A7MAD_AU
Static103
Spartan v07
oh woe is me
Blixtstorm
joe11
Stigma
DemonWolf
Pein
day walker
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
day walker
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
day walker

how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360.   how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360. - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 7:51 am

3DO Was Something wrote:
A7MAD_AU wrote:
This game makes good use of lighting, Sony now have developers sharing information with one another; first party and second party developers share information in regards to the PS3's strengths and they work off of that! I think GOW 3 is a good looking game with great character animations, the executions are wickedly enjoyable viewing too LOL.

Alan Wake is a step up though, visually and in its depth as GOW 3 is linear (go here kill this guy then go here), Alan Wake allows more exploration, thus with its beautiful vistas and the fact it's pushing the 360 hardware as well, we're seeing great use of lighting from the 360 with its more freedom in the amount of geometry and textures that can be used (360 = 512Mb of memory, not 2 x 256Mb like the PS3)...

Not to forget the 360 is allowing 4xAA with smooth framerate gameplay @ 720p native.

AW:

how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360. - Page 2 Ss_preview_alan_wake_expressions_ingame_confused.jpg

how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360. - Page 2 Ss_preview_AlanWake_03_Lodge_720p.png

how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360. - Page 2 Alan_wake_1

Hate to burst your bubble but GOW3 runs at 16XAA @ 1080p native without any load screens or cutscenes.
it was posted ages ago that that will not be the case it will run at 720P i made a thread about it so go digging
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360.   how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360. - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 7:54 am

3DO Was Something wrote:
A7MAD_AU wrote:
This game makes good use of lighting, Sony now have developers sharing information with one another; first party and second party developers share information in regards to the PS3's strengths and they work off of that! I think GOW 3 is a good looking game with great character animations, the executions are wickedly enjoyable viewing too LOL.

Alan Wake is a step up though, visually and in its depth as GOW 3 is linear (go here kill this guy then go here), Alan Wake allows more exploration, thus with its beautiful vistas and the fact it's pushing the 360 hardware as well, we're seeing great use of lighting from the 360 with its more freedom in the amount of geometry and textures that can be used (360 = 512Mb of memory, not 2 x 256Mb like the PS3)...

Not to forget the 360 is allowing 4xAA with smooth framerate gameplay @ 720p native.

AW:

how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360. - Page 2 Ss_preview_alan_wake_expressions_ingame_confused.jpg

how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360. - Page 2 Ss_preview_AlanWake_03_Lodge_720p.png

how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360. - Page 2 Alan_wake_1

Hate to burst your bubble but GOW3 runs at 16XAA @ 1080p native without any load screens or cutscenes.
Hate to burst your bubble but GOW3 is 720p native. And no console can do 16x AA.
http://www.thatvideogameblog.com/2010/01/20/god-of-war-iii-downgraded-to-720p-native-resolution/

Last edited by Master_Chief on Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
A7MAD_AU
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
A7MAD_AU

PostSubject: Re: how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360.   how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360. - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 7:55 am

My post above has the facts and defeats all the zealots.

how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360. - Page 2 Gow3-article-img1

AW looks better to me...

However, I acknowledge the beauty of GOW 3, I'm not a hater, well I hate liars...
Back to top Go down
illiniguy

illiniguy

PostSubject: Re: how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360.   how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360. - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 10:28 am

A7MAD_AU wrote:
3DO Was Something wrote:

You have not burst anything for me, all you did was burst your credibility here...

I hate to burst your bubble but here's actual info from Steven Caterson Senior Producer of GOW 3:

* The game is running at a variable framerate. It rarely goes below 30 and it tops out at 60.

* 720P native that can scale up to 1080i. (360 scales to 1080p if you wish on all titles Wink)

* There are pre-rendered cutscenes but in saying that--they’re made in the game engine.

http://eat-games.blogspot.com/2010/03/interview-steve-caterson-sr-producer-of.html

Hope you liked the reality lesson there? Smile

Ok so what we got?

The game is 720p and uses MLAA Morphological Antialising. Not 16xAA and certainly not 1080p!

MLAA is a technology the devs developed for the PS3 using the Cell processor and claim it'll help them save 5-6milliseconds. It in theory could potentially allow up to 16xAA but that claim is yet unproven for GOW 3 so where did you derive your conclusions from?

It's a big improvement from the E3 demo which was/is 2xAA with motion blur on the camera.

Alan Wake still looks better too. Smile

It's so nice to see someone actually look up facts instead of spewing garbage Smile
Back to top Go down
A7MAD_AU
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
A7MAD_AU

PostSubject: Re: how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360.   how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360. - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 10:43 am

It depends on who you ask. Smile

I'm sure the University is raging right now. LOL

When he first made his claims, I remember reading contradictory reports, so I tried checking that out, if they had changed something only a fortnight before release, but alas, he was either misinformed or lying through his teeth. I also think he was from the University... I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, but many have robotic intentions when they come here from there, as if they're sent on a mission. :p
Back to top Go down
Frank2368
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Frank2368

PostSubject: Re: how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360.   how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 7:49 pm

16 MXAA and 1080p? How fucking stupid are you? Even a computer with Radeon HD5870 can't even handle Crysis on 1080p 16MXAA. PS3 has much much much worse graphics processor than a HD5870, and will never be able to run any game with modern-day graphics with 16MXAA. It's just not possible

If you think GoW3 will have 16 times anti aliasing, you are not just stupid, you are simply a Sony tool.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360.   how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 8:04 pm

Frank2368 wrote:
16 MXAA and 1080p? How fucking stupid are you? Even a computer with Radeon HD5870 can't even handle Crysis on 1080p 16MXAA. PS3 has much much much worse graphics processor than a HD5870, and will never be able to run any game with modern-day graphics with 16MXAA. It's just not possible

If you think GoW3 will have 16 times anti aliasing, you are not just stupid, you are simply a Sony tool.
QFT!!
Back to top Go down
Lt Xplosi
Four Star General (Moderator)
Lt Xplosi

PostSubject: Re: how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360.   how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 8:29 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
1600ft boss!!!! Fuck me thats BIG! affraid
no it is HUGE pale pale
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360.   how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 8:36 pm

Lt Xplosi wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
no it is HUGE pale pale
lol
Back to top Go down
Frank2368
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Frank2368

PostSubject: Re: how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360.   how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 8:37 pm

Lt Xplosi wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
no it is HUGE pale pale

That's what she said Laughing
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360.   how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 8:46 pm

Frank2368 wrote:

QFT. Delusional PS3 fanboys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360.   how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

how can the developers of God of war 3 say the graphics are not possible on the 360.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2