This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

10 reasons how Turn10 fucked up Forza 3!

Go down 
+4
xjosh360s
daveMastaKill
DemonWolf
Blixtstorm
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Blixtstorm
Four Star General (Moderator)
Blixtstorm

10 reasons how Turn10 fucked up Forza 3! Empty
PostSubject: 10 reasons how Turn10 fucked up Forza 3!   10 reasons how Turn10 fucked up Forza 3! EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 12:16 pm

To be honest, I love this game and have spent a lot of time with it.. This is my opinion of how they fucked up.

1. 4x4 Dominance, or what I like to call Audi propaganda. After the announcement that Turn10 would have a partnership with Audi, to be honest I couldnt care less who they had it with, but as the game was shipped, oh boy I was surprised to see what kind of BULLSHIT they made from this. This is seen all over the game, as in every class there is almost every time a 4x4 car on the top of the leader-board on every fucking track, preferably a Audi or from the Audi brand (Lamborghini or Volkswagen).
There is a few classes where there is no dominance from 4x4 cars an thats R3, R2 and R1. But all the other classes have atleast the top 15 cars on every leaderboard is about 14 of them a 4x4.
Sure Audi makes great cars, but compare a Audi RS4 and BMW M3 (true rivals IRL), and the Audi will have its ass whooped 9/10 times in real life. But in Forza 3 the M3 has lower Pi (performace index) and slower then the RS4, and in 9/10 cases the RS4 will win.

2. AWD Drive-train swaps, this links to the last post as well. But in Forza 3 you can "upgrade" cars to have a 4x4 drive-train if the company have a 4x4 in their line up of cars. However, this a great thing for having fun, it is also very flawed as most cars get much improved over their counterpart. For example the Dodge Viper of any model can get AWD from the Dodge Stealth in the manufactures line-up... The only thing is that the car will get better handling and performance, and a slight weight increase, but the PI will go down a lot! The car will seriously drop about 50 in PI making it a hell of a lot faster when they compete with the same PI. Needless to say that it is impossible to fit AWD in a real Viper, there is no space what so ever to connect the front wheels to the drive-train. This is for many cars, and many cars get "worse" in the sense of the game but are easier to drive and gets more horse-powers and better with it...

3. Custom Online lobbies! This is the reason I loved Forza Motorsport 2 online, as I was able to play whatever I wanted... This is not the case with Forza 3, as you go through "Halo 3" matchmaking hoppers. Most of the Forza community want the lobbies back, but Turn10 refuses to give them what they want. They claim to "improve" the hopper system, but every week the update it I only get more and more disappointed. I love driving Nürburgring, and used to play it all the time in Forza 2.. Now with the hoppers, I never get to play, serious NEVER!!! As the track is located on the second disc it is not implemented to the online except for one hopper, and that's Road Racing... Still I only B class, as I've noticed that it's least flawed class, and the Road Racing hopper is Any class or A Class. In any class, everyone drives R1 cars and how that fuck am I suppose to drive with a B class and compete with them? Another point if you drive Road Racing, you will only get to play the track every 4th turn as there are other tracks as well, 2 of the worst track in the game.. It has gone to point where I and my brother only play private races with bots.

As some people, including myself bought the new trackpack... To the big disappointment its not even in the fucking online mode or the career mode either... Now thats like buying a Halo Map pack without being able to use it... Now who in their right mind would do that?

4. "True" Skill ranking, as most races start you will see ranks next to you name... But as you progress online it will increase, just like any skill. But this is where it doesnt work... It seems like if you get through 26ish in rank you automaticly start to drive like a fucking reject. You will start shoving and crashing in to others just to get to first place.. This ruins gameplay a lot! And most players with high skills just use "leaderboard-cars". Thsi however is not for the extremely fast players (40+), as they use normal cars and still whoop anyone's ass.

5. Vote kicking, this aggravates me a lot, since I'm a fast and clean driver. If you get in to a lobby with slower drivers, and you will most of the times. If you repeatedly win over you opponents, you will probably get kicked by the others.. This have happen to me countless of times. In racing accidents happen, for example spinning out or just common paint trading, but some people do kick for common racing accidents. I never use the voting system to kick another player, unless they do everything to ruin the game for the others.

6. Cars, the games lacks cars and I mean a lot of them. This probably their biggest weakness, the game have around 440ish cars, but most players only use the same fucking cars.. This is where Gran Turismo Excels as with GT4 and over 800 cars, you would have a unique garage compared to one of your friends. It's not only the lack of cars in the game, but flawed cars and wrong versions of the car... For example the Maserati MC12, is known to be faster around a track then its sister car the Ferrari Enzo.. Now why the hell is the Enzo 80 PI higher then the MC12? And in a different class as well. This is also noticed on the wrong version of some cars, Ford GT40 mkII? Why the MkII? The MKI won Le Mans 3 times in a row, while the MKII none. The American version of the Ferrari F40, which is almost 200kg (~400pounds) heavier then the real version, now 200kg in a car will be noticed a lot.

7. Incompetent of bad criticism, I have noticed this a lot on the Forza Motorsport forum, Turn10 is 100% incompetent of handling bad criticism! A lot of good points get brought up in the forum, how to improve the game... But most threads that have anything negative then "praising" will get locked.. Its like they know the game is flawed but wont accept it, and instead of fixing it they are sweeping it under the carpet, hiding the shame.

8. The Storefront, or should I say specificly the "Turn10 picks"... Yes the Storefront is a great addition to the game, with its countless of items to browser and buy.. But I've seen something I don't like at all.. The prevention of new artists and tuners, as most of the picks they choose is one of the bigger names in the Forza community.. Sure they mostly make excellent stuff, but if you look around the storefront for the same type of paint-job or the decal, you will see better versions and more will made then the ones that get picked by Turn10... Now how is the community going to evolve if the same persons always get the spotlight. For example my brother is on of the better race replica makers (TheNoozer, check him up), and most of his paints are far better then any of the picks. He has made it onto it by coming second in the Autoweek livery contest on the forum, even if most people on the forum choose his paint-job as winner.

9. Rewards, yes... In Forza 2 you got a new car for every level until you got to level 20, then you got one every 5th level.. But for every "league" and tier you got a car as well. When you had completed the game you have almost collected over 100 cars, just by driving the game. Now in Forza 3, you get 1 car for ever level you gain, that is nice but you will get level 50 with about 33% completed of the career mode. Now what will have you to complete it? You only get money and level up the car you use... Why would I want to complete over 60% of the career without any kind of rewards?

10. Joining friends, As most games online, you are suppose to be able to join your friends while they are playing... Now why that hell cant you join one of your friends when they are in a matchmaking hopper? This doesn't even make any sense what so ever....?

Anyone that have any sense of other racing games will agree with me on this, like most of the Forza community... Still its the best game out on the market at this point...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: 10 reasons how Turn10 fucked up Forza 3!   10 reasons how Turn10 fucked up Forza 3! EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 1:11 pm

WOAH lol at least you're honest xD
If this game was on ps3, ps3 fanboys would be like "it's perfect, nothing could be better" Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: 10 reasons how Turn10 fucked up Forza 3!   10 reasons how Turn10 fucked up Forza 3! EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 1:30 pm

demondragondude wrote:
If this game was on ps3, ps3 fanboys would be like "it's perfect, nothing could be better" Razz

The thing is that Turn10 is living in denial, just like the PS3 fans.... I want the game to be good, improve it...
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: 10 reasons how Turn10 fucked up Forza 3!   10 reasons how Turn10 fucked up Forza 3! EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 2:14 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:
demondragondude wrote:

The thing is that Turn10 is living in denial, just like the PS3 fans.... I want the game to be good, improve it...

Good for you to complain. You appear to know your stuff and you have the right to demand the best from Turn10, but with due respect i'm afraid you're voice is not going to be listened.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: 10 reasons how Turn10 fucked up Forza 3!   10 reasons how Turn10 fucked up Forza 3! EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 2:26 pm

daveMastaKill wrote:
Blixtstorm wrote:
demondragondude wrote:

Good for you to complain. You appear to know your stuff and you have the right to demand the best from Turn10, but with due respect i'm afraid you're voice is not going to be listened.

I do know this, but from my perspective as a customer they should. Almost 80% of the people on FM.net agrees on this... And if they lose customer, they lose their jobs.
Back to top Go down
xjosh360s
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
xjosh360s

PostSubject: Re: 10 reasons how Turn10 fucked up Forza 3!   10 reasons how Turn10 fucked up Forza 3! EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 6:48 pm

in my opinion forza 3 is the best racing game but then again i'm not much of a racing gamer i'm a more shooter,rpg guy
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: 10 reasons how Turn10 fucked up Forza 3!   10 reasons how Turn10 fucked up Forza 3! EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 6:52 pm

xjosh360s wrote:
in my opinion forza 3 is the best racing game but then again i'm not much of a racing gamer i'm a more shooter,rpg guy

I also think its the best racing game ever.... But that doesnt mean they cant improve it... For example stuff they had in old game...
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: 10 reasons how Turn10 fucked up Forza 3!   10 reasons how Turn10 fucked up Forza 3! EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 7:50 pm

You're complaints are detailed, but they really just amount to nitpicking. I don't don't that to you they are very important, but for someone like me who will never be a top ranked driver, none of that matters. Take for instance the cars. If they had every car in existence I doubt my garage would be much different, maybe a few classics, but I don't want to race with a Honda Civic.

Hopefully Turn10 will address everyone's complains in Forza 4. But I don't think any of them stop it from being the best racing game of all time. Forza 3 was developed in record time so I can see how not everything would be perfect. Using their foundation of Forza 3 to built Forza 4 will let them tighten everything up and add crazy amounts of cars. I still don't want to race with a Honda Civic though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Static103
Master Chief Petty Officer
Static103

PostSubject: Re: 10 reasons how Turn10 fucked up Forza 3!   10 reasons how Turn10 fucked up Forza 3! EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 8:00 pm

I really like how honest you are with your opnions. We've got a lot it common. Oh ya, i'm gonna get Forza 3 this month so we can play online sometime. Get ready to get your ass kicked
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: 10 reasons how Turn10 fucked up Forza 3!   10 reasons how Turn10 fucked up Forza 3! EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 8:04 pm

Maybe, switch to PGR or GRID? scratch
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: 10 reasons how Turn10 fucked up Forza 3!   10 reasons how Turn10 fucked up Forza 3! EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 8:12 pm

DarkSwarm85 wrote:
Maybe, switch to PGR or GRID? scratch

I have PGR... But i love forza... I just want it to be better.
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: 10 reasons how Turn10 fucked up Forza 3!   10 reasons how Turn10 fucked up Forza 3! EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 8:57 pm

Strange,Forza 3 is my goty.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 10 reasons how Turn10 fucked up Forza 3!   10 reasons how Turn10 fucked up Forza 3! Empty

Back to top Go down

10 reasons how Turn10 fucked up Forza 3!
Page 1 of 1