This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Not sure what to play first?

Go down 
+6
DemonWolf
Blixtstorm
ghost23
343_Guilty_Spark
DarkSwarm85
Gibbon_Master
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Gibbon_Master
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Gibbon_Master

Not sure what to play first? Empty
PostSubject: Not sure what to play first?   Not sure what to play first? EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 6:09 am

Hi, I am new on here and want some advice on what is best to play first, I have just ordered my xbox 360 elite bundle with the following games and no sure what to play first. I have been a PC gamer for years and also have a PS3 and have now joined the world of xbox and looking forward to some of the games coming out this year on all platforms.

I got a good bundle deal that comes with the following games, so if you could help and let me know which one to play first?

Halo ODST
Forza Motorsport 3
Gears of War 2
Fable II

Also if you could please let me know of some other game that are worth getting on the xbox, that would be get.
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
Master Chief Petty Officer
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what to play first?   Not sure what to play first? EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 6:11 am

You won't understand the storyline of a game if you skip the 1st game in the series and go directly to the sequel.
Back to top Go down
Gibbon_Master
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Gibbon_Master

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what to play first?   Not sure what to play first? EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 6:14 am

This is just what came with the console bundle, but I played the first Fable and Gears on PC a while ago.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what to play first?   Not sure what to play first? EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 6:34 am

If you played GOW and Fable then you'd be safe playing GOW 2 and Fable 2. Forza 3 is a racing game so it doesn't matter if you've played any of the previous ones.

Halo 3: ODST is a tricky one though. On one hand it's a self contained story that takes place during Halo 2. If it's your first Halo game you might not understand everything that's going on. Halo 1 and 2 work on Xbox 360, but they are old and even though I still love then I can understand if you don't want to go back to games from last gen. Halo 3 actualy takes place after the events of ODST so it doesn't really matter if you play it first or not.

I think everyone should play Halo 1 through 3 in order, but that's just me.

Anyway, which do you like more GOW, Fable, or Racing games or FPS games?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what to play first?   Not sure what to play first? EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 7:17 am

I think you should start off with Gears 2. The campaign is really intense and has some really memorable moments.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what to play first?   Not sure what to play first? EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 7:37 am

I would say Fable 2... It was the first game i ever played on the my 360, its a good started game. Not to long, but filled with memorable moments. Otherwise, Gears 2.

Forza 3 is epicly long, and takes ages to finish... I have raced (just raced) for almost 200 hours, and im still "only" at ~70% of the career mode.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what to play first?   Not sure what to play first? EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 10:21 am

Nice games.
I loved Fable II Very Happy

Games I'd recommend are: Mass Effect, Crackdown and any Project Gotham Racing.

Upcoming: Splinter Cell Conviction, Alan Wake, Fable III, Crackdown 2, Project Gotham Racing 5, Metro 2033, etc
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Gibbon_Master
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Gibbon_Master

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what to play first?   Not sure what to play first? EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 12:11 pm

Thanks for the advice, I think I am going to start with Fable II first as I loved the first one on the PC. It is crazy the amount of games coming out the first part of this year.

Want to also get ME1 and ME2 but best get through what I have got first.

I think I got a good deal with all the games as the console retails at £189.99 on it own in the UK.

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/13665734/Xbox-360-Elite-Console-Halo-ODST-Forza-Motorsport-3-Gears-of-War-2-Fable-II/Product.html
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what to play first?   Not sure what to play first? EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 1:26 pm

Play Gears 2 first.Trust me.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what to play first?   Not sure what to play first? EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 1:27 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
Play Gears 2 first.Trust me.

Undoubtedly
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what to play first?   Not sure what to play first? EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 8:29 pm

Gears 2 has a good campaign, so if you are a campaign guy, get that 1st.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what to play first?   Not sure what to play first? EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 8:46 pm

gears is the best out of thoose
Back to top Go down
Twisted Tony
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Twisted Tony

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what to play first?   Not sure what to play first? EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 9:48 pm

Play Gears 2 first
Back to top Go down
http://greenlightgamer.wordpress.com/
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what to play first?   Not sure what to play first? EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 11:18 pm

WAIT i change my mind get halo odst to prepare 4 halo reach and get fable 2 because it has the best replay value
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what to play first?   Not sure what to play first? EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 11:21 pm

joe11 wrote:
WAIT i change my mind get halo odst to prepare 4 halo reach and get fable 2 because it has the best replay value

Read the post, he's already got all those games already, its a matter of which on to play first?

ODST doesn't really have anything to do with Reach so you can wait a bit for that. I would still say play Gears 2 because there is a very high chance that Gears 3 will be announced at GDC next week.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what to play first?   Not sure what to play first? EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 11:32 pm

ghost23 wrote:
joe11 wrote:

Read the post, he's already got all those games already, its a matter of which on to play first?

ODST doesn't really have anything to do with Reach so you can wait a bit for that. I would still say play Gears 2 because there is a very high chance that Gears 3 will be announced at GDC next week.
but halo odst will prepare u 4 halo reach thas wat im doing i loosing my touch in halo
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what to play first?   Not sure what to play first? EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 7:17 am

joe11 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
joe11 wrote:

but halo odst will prepare u 4 halo reach thas wat im doing i loosing my touch in halo

If you are talking about gameplay wise its probably better to play Halo 3 ( I know he doesnt have it but it really is a must-buy if you own a XBOX 360). It will get you ready better since you do play as a Spartan and the experience with ODST is quite different.
Back to top Go down
Gibbon_Master
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Gibbon_Master

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what to play first?   Not sure what to play first? EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 10:30 am

Just got it all setup today and I decided to play Gears 2, OMG great game loved it still trying to get to grips with the xbox controller after have a PS1, PS2 and PS3 it is a bit different but fits the hand better it is really only the d-pad that is my only compliant.

Thanks for your advice, I am thinking of getting ME1 & ME2 next month is ME1 any good? I know 2 has had great reviews.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what to play first?   Not sure what to play first? EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 10:52 am

Gibbon_Master wrote:
Just got it all setup today and I decided to play Gears 2, OMG great game loved it still trying to get to grips with the xbox controller after have a PS1, PS2 and PS3 it is a bit different but fits the hand better it is really only the d-pad that is my only compliant.

Thanks for your advice, I am thinking of getting ME1 & ME2 next month is ME1 any good? I know 2 has had great reviews.

ME1 was pretty good.

The side quests can be repetitive and boring at times but the stoyline and main story missions are fun.But play ME1 fully before you quit on it.Most people(including me) had a very hard time getting into the game.But once you make it close to the end,it makes you more excited and you have more fun

ME2 is WONDERFUL.I really suggest you buy it.But Beat ME1 first.Trust me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not sure what to play first?   Not sure what to play first? Empty

Back to top Go down

Not sure what to play first?
Page 1 of 1