This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Looks like Sony will charge for PSN after all once it has features that justify it

Go down 
+7
Kendo
joe11
343_Guilty_Spark
Invincible
DarK
arnt god of war
Master_Chief
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

Looks like Sony will charge for PSN after all once it has features that justify it Empty
PostSubject: Looks like Sony will charge for PSN after all once it has features that justify it   Looks like Sony will charge for PSN after all once it has features that justify it EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 4:22 pm

We all knew that was the case but Sony is actually saying it.
http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-494990.aspx

Some of the comments are hillarious.
http://www.n4g.com:80/ps3/NewsCom-494990.aspx?CT=1#Comments

Quote :
Rumors have run wild that Sony will be offering premium services for PSN, with many guessing that cross game chat will come at that price. At GDC 2010, SCEA CEO Jack Tretton addressed these rumors, saying that Sony is 'really proud' with what they currently offer, and won't start charging for PSN until they have features that would justify that cost.

As far as subscription services are concerned, we're really proud of the service that we offer the consumer for free," said Tretton in a recent interview with Geoff Keighley. "There's no question that if we can come up with a compelling experience that will warrant an investment from consumers that that would be something we would consider."

"We already feel we brough a lot of value to the consumer... but until we feel we have something, like PlayStation Move, that justifies an investment, we aren't going to come out with half cocked technology or product offerings."

With E3 right around the corner, most signs would point to some sort of an announcement there, should a premium service indeed be announced.
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

Looks like Sony will charge for PSN after all once it has features that justify it Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looks like Sony will charge for PSN after all once it has features that justify it   Looks like Sony will charge for PSN after all once it has features that justify it EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 4:33 pm

lol that whole only paying for premium psn is gonna go away once they realize no ones going 2
Back to top Go down
DarK
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
DarK

PostSubject: Re: Looks like Sony will charge for PSN after all once it has features that justify it   Looks like Sony will charge for PSN after all once it has features that justify it EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 4:34 pm

But but sony care about there customers..
lol
Back to top Go down
DarK
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
DarK

PostSubject: Re: Looks like Sony will charge for PSN after all once it has features that justify it   Looks like Sony will charge for PSN after all once it has features that justify it EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 4:51 pm

Apparently this is that survey thing they sent out
Its going to cost more than live

http://kotaku.com/5429592/survey-sony-considering-premium-playstation-network-subscriptions.
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: Looks like Sony will charge for PSN after all once it has features that justify it   Looks like Sony will charge for PSN after all once it has features that justify it EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 5:05 pm

If you still get basic online for free, no one is going to pay extra for cross game chat...or whatever extra they decide to offer.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Looks like Sony will charge for PSN after all once it has features that justify it   Looks like Sony will charge for PSN after all once it has features that justify it EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 5:51 pm

Invincible wrote:
If you still get basic online for free, no one is going to pay extra for cross game chat...or whatever extra they decide to offer.

As soon as a paid premium service comes out you will see features slowly move from free to paid until PSN looks exactly like XBL. It might not happen this gen, but I can almost say for certain that PS4 will launch with no free to play online.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Looks like Sony will charge for PSN after all once it has features that justify it   Looks like Sony will charge for PSN after all once it has features that justify it EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 6:07 pm

Invincible wrote:
Exactly why I believe Sony will slowly move into a pay to play service like Live once they set up these "premuim" services. I think Sony is just trying to ease the consumer slowly into a pay service. Anybody who honestly thinks Sony will actually keep online play free forever is kidding themselves. You can be sure the success of Xbox Live isnt going unnoticed by Sony. And as PSN gets more users the cost of maintaining a free online service will just be too much.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: Looks like Sony will charge for PSN after all once it has features that justify it   Looks like Sony will charge for PSN after all once it has features that justify it EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 6:13 pm

looks like one agurment of the ps3 fags will be elimated soon
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: Looks like Sony will charge for PSN after all once it has features that justify it   Looks like Sony will charge for PSN after all once it has features that justify it EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 7:48 pm

No one is gonna pay for it. People already pay for Xbox Live, not only that but with Xbox Live is one payment for a year and you get all that you will ever need for online. PSN premium is gonna fail.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Looks like Sony will charge for PSN after all once it has features that justify it   Looks like Sony will charge for PSN after all once it has features that justify it EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 7:59 pm

lol yeah, there wont be fees for psn till it's on par with live Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Looks like Sony will charge for PSN after all once it has features that justify it   Looks like Sony will charge for PSN after all once it has features that justify it EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 10:22 pm

I never play in PSN so I could'nt care. XBL FTW.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Looks like Sony will charge for PSN after all once it has features that justify it   Looks like Sony will charge for PSN after all once it has features that justify it EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 10:49 pm

PSN is a great service but it will always be in the shadows of XBL.
Back to top Go down
OnlyABluRayPlayer
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
OnlyABluRayPlayer

PostSubject: Re: Looks like Sony will charge for PSN after all once it has features that justify it   Looks like Sony will charge for PSN after all once it has features that justify it EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 11:43 pm

Kendo wrote:
No one is gonna pay for it. People already pay for Xbox Live, not only that but with Xbox Live is one payment for a year and you get all that you will ever need for online. PSN premium is gonna fail.

Well people might pay for it if they copy what Microsoft did. Offer a free and paid service, the free one offers an avatar and achievements... and the paid one you can play online.

Also, does anyone know what games on XBL have dedicated servers? I'd assume all of them would because we pay A$100 (rrp) for it, but whenever I crank up some MW2 I'm always playing with americans and I have red ping...
Back to top Go down
DarK
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
DarK

PostSubject: Re: Looks like Sony will charge for PSN after all once it has features that justify it   Looks like Sony will charge for PSN after all once it has features that justify it EmptySat Mar 20, 2010 11:54 pm

The crap service on MW2 isnt an xbox live problem.Its Infinity Wards problem.I live in western europe and every game i play is fine except cod4 -mw2
Infinity ward do not care about international players you always get terrible connections cause of poor matchmaking
Back to top Go down
OnlyABluRayPlayer
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
OnlyABluRayPlayer

PostSubject: Re: Looks like Sony will charge for PSN after all once it has features that justify it   Looks like Sony will charge for PSN after all once it has features that justify it EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 12:05 am

Andrei Rianofski wrote:
The crap service on MW2 isnt an xbox live problem.Its Infinity Wards problem.I live in western europe and every game i play is fine except cod4 -mw2
Infinity ward do not care about international players you always get terrible connections cause of poor matchmaking

The weird thing is my mate has mw2 on his ps3 and he always gets 3/4 bars...
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Looks like Sony will charge for PSN after all once it has features that justify it   Looks like Sony will charge for PSN after all once it has features that justify it EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 12:11 am

OnlyABluRayPlayer wrote:
Andrei Rianofski wrote:

idk but i think Looks like Sony will charge for PSN after all once it has features that justify it Boxxy-trolling
Back to top Go down
OnlyABluRayPlayer
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
OnlyABluRayPlayer

PostSubject: Re: Looks like Sony will charge for PSN after all once it has features that justify it   Looks like Sony will charge for PSN after all once it has features that justify it EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 12:34 am

arnt god of war wrote:
OnlyABluRayPlayer wrote:
Andrei Rianofski wrote:

idk but i think Looks like Sony will charge for PSN after all once it has features that justify it Boxxy-trolling

No... have you tried to play MW2 in australia? The matchmaking is borked.. well at least on 360.
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: Looks like Sony will charge for PSN after all once it has features that justify it   Looks like Sony will charge for PSN after all once it has features that justify it EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 12:36 am

Once again Sony thinks anything is going to justify the subscription. There is nothing they can do that will justify it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
OnlyABluRayPlayer
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
OnlyABluRayPlayer

PostSubject: Re: Looks like Sony will charge for PSN after all once it has features that justify it   Looks like Sony will charge for PSN after all once it has features that justify it EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 3:24 am

Is netflix free in america? I don't know anything about it because it isn't in Australia.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Looks like Sony will charge for PSN after all once it has features that justify it   Looks like Sony will charge for PSN after all once it has features that justify it EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 3:31 am

OnlyABluRayPlayer wrote:
Is netflix free in america? I don't know anything about it because it isn't in Australia.

You have to have both a Gold account and a Netflix subscription.

Personally I think it should be a Silver service, but most Xbox owners that would use Netflix probably already have Gold.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looks like Sony will charge for PSN after all once it has features that justify it   Looks like Sony will charge for PSN after all once it has features that justify it Empty

Back to top Go down

Looks like Sony will charge for PSN after all once it has features that justify it
Page 1 of 1