This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

No more Linux on PS3

Go down 
+16
handkerchief
Stoney
A7MAD_AU
danny100
DarkSwarm85
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Invincible
Arbiteris
Optimus Lime
Notorious
Master_Chief
Blixtstorm
DemonWolf
Kendo
Cool-Guy
daveMastaKill
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
handkerchief
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer

No more Linux on PS3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: No more Linux on PS3   No more Linux on PS3 - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 10:38 am

danny100 wrote:
If you criticize Sony for this then you must criticize Microsoft for banning all those modded console's and if you do you are a retard.

removing a feature that they let you use and banning people who mod is totally different

Last edited by matrixrory on Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

PostSubject: Re: No more Linux on PS3   No more Linux on PS3 - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 10:40 am

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
danny100 wrote:
If you criticize Sony for this then you must criticize Microsoft for banning all those modded console's and if you do you are a retard.

Its illegal to mod consoles though.....Back to the point, is Linux the PS3's web browser?
No
Back to top Go down
A7MAD_AU
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
A7MAD_AU

PostSubject: Re: No more Linux on PS3   No more Linux on PS3 - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 12:06 pm

danny100 wrote:

Let's get one thing straight, you're a moron, pure and simple.

What your stupid Sony blind loving self fails to see is that Geohot's exploitation that he freely distributed to all has resulted in absolutely no piracy on the PS3! Are you capable of comprehending this reality or should I slow it down for your stupid ass?

Once you finally understand that, I'd then tell you that Linux never equaled piracy and the "Other O/S" was one vector toward exploiting the system and certainly not the only way because the hackers are working on other ways, which again brings me to me original question: What else will they disable next?

I paid my money for everything my PS3 was to do on paper, I purchased a 40Gb SKU, so I accepted the 2 USB's, no PS2 B/C, no card readers and no SACD. Are we comprehending all this still?

What the problem was is, I purchased my PS3 to use Other O/S and I do use it and will continue to, regardless if your corporation (Sony) want to change that or not.

Now as for MS banning consumers who pirate, then I have no issue with that at all. I sympathize with those guys who mod the fans or what not (who essentially open their 360's for cooling or other mods not related to piracy) who do get banned though.

I reside in Australia, in Australia modchips are not illegal, modchips/homebrew are not solely used for piracy. Sony is well within their right to counter pirates (banning consoles is a good move), but where are they (the pirates)? Who has been playing copied PS3 games?

Your loyalty for your brand and blindly accepting and following everything Sony does or does not do is idiotic and a sign of how pathetic zealots of any walk are, wake the f**k up!
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: No more Linux on PS3   No more Linux on PS3 - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 1:19 pm

What Sony is going to do is a dick-move since all the science PS3 are running on Linux... So no more science for them...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: No more Linux on PS3   No more Linux on PS3 - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 4:06 pm

I never did this on my PS3. I have a laptop that I use for my computer needs. PS3 is for gaming. Waste of time if you ask me
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: No more Linux on PS3   No more Linux on PS3 - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 31, 2010 5:17 pm

this is why i have 2 of each every sony console
Back to top Go down
A7MAD_AU
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
A7MAD_AU

PostSubject: Re: No more Linux on PS3   No more Linux on PS3 - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 8:58 pm

I was considering buying a Slim as well, along with my 'Phat', but then thought why should I reward these bastards at Sony for gimping my 3 year old console?'
Back to top Go down
Optimus Lime
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Optimus Lime

PostSubject: Re: No more Linux on PS3   No more Linux on PS3 - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 9:33 pm

I turned on my PS3 this morning and was greeted with "Update Available". I updated for two reasons

1) Linux is bad, if I wanted a GOOD OS I'd use windows 7 or snow leopard on a proper computer

and the second and most importantly: I wanted to play uncharted 2 online.
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: No more Linux on PS3   No more Linux on PS3 - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 9:42 pm

PS3 now has 2 less USB ports, NO Linux Support, NO PS2 Backward Compatibility from when it launched.
Back to top Go down
jaykay
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
jaykay

PostSubject: Re: No more Linux on PS3   No more Linux on PS3 - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 9:46 pm

Zombl337 wrote:
PS3 now has 2 less USB ports, NO Linux Support, NO PS2 Backward Compatibility from when it launched.
Well the Slim never had Linux support to begin with, and Sony didn't remove B/C with the launch of the Slim. They removed it long before that.
Back to top Go down
Sir.Zillah
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Sir.Zillah

PostSubject: Re: No more Linux on PS3   No more Linux on PS3 - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 9:58 pm

- you can do linux on ps3 and 360 .

PS3 just had 'support' .

If you do it on your 360, it voids the warranty .
Back to top Go down
http://ps3nation.roflforum.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No more Linux on PS3   No more Linux on PS3 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

No more Linux on PS3
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2