This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL)

Go down 
+10
Sir.Zillah
343_Guilty_Spark
DemonWolf
Stigma
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
GeneralMLD
ghost23
Alan1994
igame
Bluenose
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL) Empty
PostSubject: PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL)   PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL) EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 4:51 pm

I know this topic has been made before but the comments made on it are completely outrageous. I'v read some saying that the PS3 has no good exclusive downloadable games. Thats a little extreme isn't it? I mean, Final Fantasy VII,(AAA) Final Fantasy VIII,(AAA) Final Fantasy IX(AAA) (Coming Soon), Flower,(AA) Super Stardust HD,(AA) WipeOut HD ( 89 - AA), Comet Crash, (AA) & PixelJunk Shooter, (AA).

I'm not trying to defend the PS3 I'm just curious.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL)   PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL) EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 4:56 pm

GeneralMLD is basing it on 2010 might want to read things carefully no problem but whats up with the nickname when i saw it i automatically thought it was a troll ah well i cant say anything my nose is Blue isnt it Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL)   PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL) EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 4:57 pm

Ah sorry about that. But either way, they are still quite outrageous. I also think I forgot Marvel Vs Capcom 2 =o. Just to keep a ''level'' playing field.

Last edited by !i on Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL)   PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL) EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 4:58 pm

!i wrote:
Ah sorry about that. But either way, they are still quite outrageous.
Where all those games you listed coming soon already reviewed and given scores or did you just make them up ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL)   PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL) EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 4:59 pm

Go to Metacritic. They're reviewed. All I think Final Fantasy IX I believed. The original got a AAA and since their not changing anything its basically the same game. So add two and two..
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL)   PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL) EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 5:02 pm

!i wrote:
Go to Metacritic. They're reviewed.
Well GeneralMLD is not a god he probably didnt go through Metacritic recently don't worry im sure he will add them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL)   PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL) EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 5:03 pm

I wasn't directing this to MLD. I was directing it to those who said that the PS3 has no good Downloadables. And about the username, lol, I just find it ''cool'' I guess.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL)   PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL) EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 5:05 pm

!i wrote:
I wasn't directing this to MLD. I was directing it to those who said that the PS3 has no good Downloadables.
But its posted at his thread so its up to him to keep it recent. And you shouldnt expect everyone to go on a website and check down loadable offerings for the ps3 randomly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL)   PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL) EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 5:07 pm

Again, not what I said. I'm saying that they shouldn't have said what they said. I don't expect them to be updated. I just don't want them bashing the console for something it has no business being bashed for. I also appreciate your activity on this thread considering it was made little over 10 minutes ago.
Back to top Go down
igame
Senior Chief Petty Officer
igame

PostSubject: Re: PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL)   PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL) EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 5:07 pm

well i hope pixel junk games keep coming, im waiting for FFIX to come out Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL)   PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL) EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 5:08 pm

igame wrote:
Likewise, I recently just played through Final Fantasy VII for the third time lol. It's my favorite game of all time after all.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL)   PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL) EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 5:11 pm

!i wrote:
Again, not what I said. I'm saying that they shouldn't have said what they said. I don't expect them to be updated. I just don't want them bashing the console for something it has no business being bashed for. I also appreciate your activity on this thread considering it was made little over 10 minutes ago.
Thnx and you are right but just watch out for what you say the mods here take banning a bit seriously and yes maybe you will see certain people bash it wrongfully but what are you going to do this is a fanboy forum. But you will find some neutrals like myself Jaz(Numbers to his name i forgot lol) and jaykay. Oh yea dont agree with what they say a healthy dose of debate is common.

Last edited by Bluenose on Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL)   PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL) EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 5:13 pm

Your welcome and I'll make sure to watch my mouth. I'm a neutral myself. And I can tell by your other posts and Jaz's posts. I read some threads here before joining. I wasn't really too sure if I should. So far I guess I'm ''happy'' with my experience here.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL)   PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL) EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 5:35 pm

Most of the people here are extreme 360 fanboys. Not necessarily 360 lovers, but PS3 haters. It's rather annoying.

We all have gaming preferences, I tend to like 360 games more since they appeal to me.
Back to top Go down
igame
igame

PostSubject: Re: PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL)   PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL) EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 5:44 pm

!i wrote:
igame wrote:
Likewise, I recently just played through Final Fantasy VII for the third time lol. It's my favorite game of all time after all.

haha i just started FFVII, ill be getting FFVIII later, its great to have this games available to download since back in the ps1 days i was all the way with N64 Smile so its nice to have ps1 classics coming so people that didnt experience em can see what they missed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL)   PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL) EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 5:50 pm

Final Fantasy VIII was a great game. You'll find it very frustrating to draw for MP though.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL)   PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL) EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 3:34 am

The fact is that half the games that you mentioned are Final Fantasy which is a re-release of an old game. The quality of XBLA speaks for itself, Trials HD, Splosion Man, Shadow Complex, Braid all new XBLA games.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL)   PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL) EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 7:35 am

Braid is MultiPlat. Thats why I stated ALL.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL)   PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL) EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 10:41 am

Just so you guys know......PS1 classics arent counted. Its because its in the name (PS1 classics).

A PS1 classic on PSN isnt like a typical PSN or XBLA game, which is a new title AND/OR an old game remade for todays gamers with online where there wasnt any before, better graphics, or more modes.

A re-release like FF7 on PSN doesnt contribute anything new, hence its merely a emulated version of the origional game.

Basically, this is a 2010 comparison of PS3 vs 360 in terms of new offerings or in some cases, old games with a next gen facelift (like Perfect Dark). A PS1 classic re-release isnt anything new, its merely supporting the PS1 vs N64 vs Sega Saturn gen, which I dont need to remind you how nobody cares anymore.

im NOT, REPEAT, NOT saying PSN has no good games or bad games. Rather im saying that 360 has MORE games, and more higher reviewed games at that.

There is a difference.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

PostSubject: Re: PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL)   PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL) EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 10:49 am

GeneralMLD wrote:
Just so you guys know......PS1 classics arent counted. Its because its in the name (PS1 classics).

A PS1 classic on PSN isnt like a typical PSN or XBLA game, which is a new title AND/OR an old game remade for todays gamers with online where there wasnt any before, better graphics, or more modes.

A re-release like FF7 on PSN doesnt contribute anything new, hence its merely a emulated version of the origional game.

Basically, this is a 2010 comparison of PS3 vs 360 in terms of new offerings or in some cases, old games with a next gen facelift (like Perfect Dark). A PS1 classic re-release isnt anything new, its merely supporting the PS1 vs N64 vs Sega Saturn gen, which I dont need to remind you how nobody cares anymore.

im NOT, REPEAT, NOT saying PSN has no good games or bad games. Rather im saying that 360 has MORE games, and more higher reviewed games at that.

There is a difference.

The reason this debate even exists is because Perfect Dark is on XBLA and it's been counted on the list. If you drop that old N64 game off our list then the "PS1 classics should be counted" argument doesn't have a leg to stand on.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL)   PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL) EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 11:08 am

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

There is a difference.

The reason this debate even exists is because Perfect Dark is on XBLA and it's been counted on the list. If you drop that old N64 game off our list then the "PS1 classics should be counted" argument doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Perfect Dark isnt the same as it was on N64. Better graphics, online multiplayer (the origional didnt have online). Both features warrant it to be an old game with a next gen facelift.

When a PS1 classic gets online multiplayer where there wasnt any before or when a PS1 classic gets better graphics, trophy support, new modes, etc.........then ill gladly count it.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL)   PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL) EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 4:58 pm

I wouldn't count FF, or any PS1 classic, those are old games. Might as well start counting Halo 1 (97) and Halo 2 (95) if that's how it goes. It's PSN and XBLA games, playstation 1 and Xbox 1 games don't count, even if they are downloadable.

Last edited by BlackStigma on Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL)   PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL) EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 5:03 pm

The name of this thread is ALL Downloadables. They can be system classics or any other type of game downloads. But again, this wasn't aimed at you MLD. This was aimed at those that say that the PS3 has no good exclusive downloadables and/or games.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL)   PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL) EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 5:57 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:

There is a difference.

I agree. I mean, the psx games should could but in a different context. Like backwards compatibility sort of thing.
Xbox Original games vs Ps1 games. that's fair right? Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire

PostSubject: Re: PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL)   PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL) EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 6:01 pm

Sure. I think I should have cleared up the title a little better =x But then again, if we do it in terms of Backwards Compatibility then the Xbox has the disadvantage. Then again, it would only have the disadvantage if they put all games and add PS2. It would have the disadvantage in the amount of games I believe. But I might be wrong. Anyway, if this will happen, MLD needs to add Tomb Raider to the list, Crash, and Sly Cooper.
Back to top Go down

PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: