This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL)

Go down 
+10
Sir.Zillah
343_Guilty_Spark
DemonWolf
Stigma
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
GeneralMLD
ghost23
Alan1994
igame
Bluenose
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
igame
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
igame

PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL)   PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 7:59 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
Just so you guys know......PS1 classics arent counted. Its because its in the name (PS1 classics).

A PS1 classic on PSN isnt like a typical PSN or XBLA game, which is a new title AND/OR an old game remade for todays gamers with online where there wasnt any before, better graphics, or more modes.

A re-release like FF7 on PSN doesnt contribute anything new, hence its merely a emulated version of the origional game.

Basically, this is a 2010 comparison of PS3 vs 360 in terms of new offerings or in some cases, old games with a next gen facelift (like Perfect Dark). A PS1 classic re-release isnt anything new, its merely supporting the PS1 vs N64 vs Sega Saturn gen, which I dont need to remind you how nobody cares anymore.

im NOT, REPEAT, NOT saying PSN has no good games or bad games. Rather im saying that 360 has MORE games, and more higher reviewed games at that.

There is a difference.

The reason this debate even exists is because Perfect Dark is on XBLA and it's been counted on the list. If you drop that old N64 game off our list then the "PS1 classics should be counted" argument doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Perfect Dark isnt the same as it was on N64. Better graphics, online multiplayer (the origional didnt have online). Both features warrant it to be an old game with a next gen facelift.

When a PS1 classic gets online multiplayer where there wasnt any before or when a PS1 classic gets better graphics, trophy support, new modes, etc.........then ill gladly count it.

if its on 360 and not on ps3 then it counts, and if its on ps3 and not on 360 then it doesnt count???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL)   PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 8:26 pm

Well, I was reading some posts on one of the threads. I can't remember which one it was but plenty of your members disagreed about Mass Effect 2 not being an exclusive. When you think about it, it isn't. Its on PC. So don't tell me I'm wrong when I include Final Fantasy games to the list. Its on PS2. But ME2 is on PC. So maybe you should scratch that off. Your sayings ''its an exclusive because its not on PS3'' applies to the PS3 aswell. ''Its an exclusive because its not on the 360.'' No aggression was added to this post I just find it.. unfair? But anyhow, I don't want to bring a war on myself. If you prove me wrong I'll accept it, if not then I won't. I'm just curious.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL)   PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 8:29 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
I wouldn't count FF, or any PS1 classic, those are old games. Might as well start counting Halo 1 (97) and Halo 2 (96) if that's how it goes. It's PSN and XBLA games, playstation 1 and Xbox 1 games don't count, even if they are downloadable.
Thats like saying ''Hey, lets remove all 360 games that are on the PC'' Sorry for the double post, I'm just lazy.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL)   PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 9:40 pm

!i wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
I wouldn't count FF, or any PS1 classic, those are old games. Might as well start counting Halo 1 (97) and Halo 2 (96) if that's how it goes. It's PSN and XBLA games, playstation 1 and Xbox 1 games don't count, even if they are downloadable.
Thats like saying ''Hey, lets remove all 360 games that are on the PC'' Sorry for the double post, I'm just lazy.

It's not even close, they are games two generations old. I'm pretty sure that the next xbox will have downloadable games for xbox 1 and 360 too. Will they count? No. That's like having a debate between a console and a PC, the PC has games like Starcraft, but it's old as hell, using it in a debate to try and say PC has better games is reaching. We are taking about CURRENT GEN Games, maybe if FFVII gets a remake and PS3 exclusive (but that won't happen) then it would count, but not now.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL)   PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL) - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 10:49 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
!i wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

It's not even close, they are games two generations old. I'm pretty sure that the next xbox will have downloadable games for xbox 1 and 360 too. Will they count? No. That's like having a debate between a console and a PC, the PC has games like Starcraft, but it's old as hell, using it in a debate to try and say PC has better games is reaching. We are taking about CURRENT GEN Games, maybe if FFVII gets a remake and PS3 exclusive (but that won't happen) then it would count, but not now.

Damn right. Besides the way it works is like this. If a game is on Xbox 360 and PC it's exclusive becuase it isn't on PS3. If a game is on PS3 and PC than it's not exclusive becuase PS3 is for poopy heads. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Sir.Zillah
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Sir.Zillah

PostSubject: Re: PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL)   PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 9:49 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
!i wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Damn right. Besides the way it works is like this. If a game is on Xbox 360 and PC it's exclusive becuase it isn't on PS3. If a game is on PS3 and PC than it's not exclusive becuase PS3 is for poopy heads. Smile

- It's not an exclusive unless it's in a fanboy debate..which is the console war .

A whole bunch of people acting like the console is their marketing product . lol . you should see the Wii Fanboys on yt . NINTENDO IS MINE! Razz

In regular gaming debates, it's not exclusive, since exclusive means solely, limiting to possession .

In a fanboy debate however, 360 and PC games are exclusives, since the important matter is that it's on the 360/PC and not PS3 .
Besides, games on PC are always better than the ones on 360 .
Back to top Go down
http://ps3nation.roflforum.net
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL)   PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 12:30 pm

No one hear cares about PS3 v 360 v PC.

I thought the "console war" was between PS3 v 360?

Final Fantasy 14 is PS3/PC yet I would still call it exclusive because its console exclusive, which is a valid term.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL)   PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 12:53 pm

igame wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
Just so you guys know......PS1 classics arent counted. Its because its in the name (PS1 classics).

A PS1 classic on PSN isnt like a typical PSN or XBLA game, which is a new title AND/OR an old game remade for todays gamers with online where there wasnt any before, better graphics, or more modes.

A re-release like FF7 on PSN doesnt contribute anything new, hence its merely a emulated version of the origional game.

Basically, this is a 2010 comparison of PS3 vs 360 in terms of new offerings or in some cases, old games with a next gen facelift (like Perfect Dark). A PS1 classic re-release isnt anything new, its merely supporting the PS1 vs N64 vs Sega Saturn gen, which I dont need to remind you how nobody cares anymore.

im NOT, REPEAT, NOT saying PSN has no good games or bad games. Rather im saying that 360 has MORE games, and more higher reviewed games at that.

There is a difference.

The reason this debate even exists is because Perfect Dark is on XBLA and it's been counted on the list. If you drop that old N64 game off our list then the "PS1 classics should be counted" argument doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Perfect Dark isnt the same as it was on N64. Better graphics, online multiplayer (the origional didnt have online). Both features warrant it to be an old game with a next gen facelift.

When a PS1 classic gets online multiplayer where there wasnt any before or when a PS1 classic gets better graphics, trophy support, new modes, etc.........then ill gladly count it.

if its on 360 and not on ps3 then it counts, and if its on ps3 and not on 360 then it doesnt count???

nono.

it counts if it contributes something new to this gen. Either a full game or a old game with new features to give it a next gen facelift.

PS1 classics contribute nothing new. PSN and XBLA games however bring something new to the table.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL)   PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 6:33 pm

Bluenose wrote:
!i wrote:
Again, not what I said. I'm saying that they shouldn't have said what they said. I don't expect them to be updated. I just don't want them bashing the console for something it has no business being bashed for. I also appreciate your activity on this thread considering it was made little over 10 minutes ago.
Thnx and you are right but just watch out for what you say the mods here take banning a bit seriously and yes maybe you will see certain people bash it wrongfully but what are you going to do this is a fanboy forum. But you will find some neutrals like myself Jaz(Numbers to his name i forgot lol) and jaykay. Oh yea dont agree with what they say a healthy dose of debate is common.

Im a nuetral too dont forget me lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL)   PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 6:36 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
igame wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:

There is a difference.

nono.

it counts if it contributes something new to this gen. Either a full game or a old game with new features to give it a next gen facelift.

PS1 classics contribute nothing new. PSN and XBLA games however bring something new to the table.

I agree with MLD. PS1 classics are simply emulated. Games like Perfect Dark are, yes, emulated but so much was added. Online MP, new graphics, ect.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL)   PSN Downloadables (ALL) Vs XBL Downloadables (ALL) - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 7:45 pm

@Sir.Zillah
ME2 on PC is a bug and glitch infested piece of crap. PC games are only better visual and price tag wise. There are plenty of games which run better on the 360.