This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.



 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

 

 Halo Reach Beta graphics

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

Posts : 1146
Join date : 2010-03-08

Halo Reach Beta graphics Empty
PostSubject: Halo Reach Beta graphics   Halo Reach Beta graphics EmptyTue May 04, 2010 10:18 pm

My personal input on Reach's graphics.

Before I even begin judging the graphics. I have my XBox 360 hooked up with HDMI to a 720p HDTV.

First off, I'd like to say that the weapon models look FANTASTIC and the game overall doesn't have as many jaggies as Halo 3 thanks to the resolution increase and things like temporal AA and motion blur. Textures look great for the most part, but some of the textures on the environments could be improved. The particle effects that occur when you shoot an object are pretty good but they still need some polishing. I suspect that some of the textures were placeholders so I'm not that worried.

My BIGGEST complaint is that the beta has really noticeable ghosting issues which I haven't really witnessed in other games this generation (notorious in PS2 games last gen). This occurs because the game uses no 1 but 2 frame buffers which helps the game's lighting and such. It makes the game look really sluggish especially when you move around or reload alot. I don't get WHY this problem is here though even with 2 frame buffers. Halo 3 did not have bad ghosting problems and it used 2 frame buffers. Bungie should fix this.

The Halo Reach beta is definantely a huge leap in graphics compared to Halo 3. The resolution increase to 720p sure did help make the game look like less of a jagfest. But there are still some minor problems that need to be fixed.

Bungie did polish Halo 3 up quite a bit after it's beta stages so I have no doubt Bungie will fix this. Besides, we haven't seen the environments on the other maps and haven't played the campaign either.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
343_Guilty_Spark

Posts : 2290
Join date : 2009-09-05
Location : Installation 04

Halo Reach Beta graphics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Beta graphics   Halo Reach Beta graphics EmptyWed May 05, 2010 12:11 am

The ghost thing your talking about is a non-issue and is only visible when you reload because the gun takes up half the screen. Doesn't bother me becuase it doesn't effect gameplay.

As for the graphics, they are amazing and I can't wait to see the campaign. Halo single player always looks 10X better than the multiplayer and all we've gotten in detail so far is multiplayer. Campaign graphics are going to blow your mind.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

Posts : 1146
Join date : 2010-03-08

Halo Reach Beta graphics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Beta graphics   Halo Reach Beta graphics EmptyWed May 05, 2010 5:09 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
The ghost thing your talking about is a non-issue and is only visible when you reload because the gun takes up half the screen. Doesn't bother me becuase it doesn't effect gameplay.

As for the graphics, they are amazing and I can't wait to see the campaign. Halo single player always looks 10X better than the multiplayer and all we've gotten in detail so far is multiplayer. Campaign graphics are going to blow your mind.

It IS an issue. And it should be an easy issue to fix for Bungie. Just because it doesn't bother you it doesn't mean that it shouldn't be fixed. The graphics are amazing but if the ghosting issue does get fixed then Halo Reach will look even more clean.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

Posts : 2309
Join date : 2009-12-01
Location : US

Halo Reach Beta graphics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Beta graphics   Halo Reach Beta graphics EmptyWed May 05, 2010 5:32 pm

Ghosting is an issue, i see it when i'm strafing or turn while running. While reloading, jumping, it's very noticeable. Hell I can notice it when I'm just walking. Look at the ammo counter thing on the assault rifle and you will see it when walking.
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Spartan v07

Posts : 690
Join date : 2009-09-11

Halo Reach Beta graphics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Beta graphics   Halo Reach Beta graphics EmptyWed May 05, 2010 7:04 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Ghosting is an issue, i see it when i'm strafing or turn while running. While reloading, jumping, it's very noticeable. Hell I can notice it when I'm just walking. Look at the ammo counter thing on the assault rifle and you will see it when walking.

Bungie already said they fixed that in the build that they have which is further than the beat we got.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

Posts : 1146
Join date : 2010-03-08

Halo Reach Beta graphics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Beta graphics   Halo Reach Beta graphics EmptyWed May 05, 2010 10:01 pm

Spartan v07 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Ghosting is an issue, i see it when i'm strafing or turn while running. While reloading, jumping, it's very noticeable. Hell I can notice it when I'm just walking. Look at the ammo counter thing on the assault rifle and you will see it when walking.

Bungie already said they fixed that in the build that they have which is further than the beat we got.

Sweet. Thanks for reassuring me. Halo Reach looks pretty sweet I wish I could have bplayed the build without the sluggish ghosting effect but oh well it's still a good thing to see BUngie is a aware of the issues (gameplay AND graphics).
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Halo Reach Beta graphics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Beta graphics   Halo Reach Beta graphics EmptyThu May 06, 2010 7:55 am

Well the graphics are alot better then 3. The weapon models are amazing! But, like 343 said, I cannot wait for the campaign's graphics. Because there is a difference.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)


Posts : 3425
Join date : 2009-12-16
Location : Australia

Halo Reach Beta graphics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Beta graphics   Halo Reach Beta graphics EmptyThu May 06, 2010 8:45 am

I don't even notice this ghosting effect happening. Is it really that big of a deal?
Back to top Go down
lightlamp
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
lightlamp

Posts : 948
Join date : 2009-09-11

Halo Reach Beta graphics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Beta graphics   Halo Reach Beta graphics EmptyThu May 06, 2010 8:59 am

Are you talking about the motion blur? yeah you notice it at first but then later you dont there should be an option to turn it off
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

Posts : 1146
Join date : 2010-03-08

Halo Reach Beta graphics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Beta graphics   Halo Reach Beta graphics EmptyThu May 06, 2010 5:27 pm

lightlamp2 wrote:
Are you talking about the motion blur? yeah you notice it at first but then later you dont there should be an option to turn it off

It's not motion blur, it's when the frames don't blend properly. The problem is like how an image burning and staying there on your LCD screen
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
343_Guilty_Spark

Posts : 2290
Join date : 2009-09-05
Location : Installation 04

Halo Reach Beta graphics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Beta graphics   Halo Reach Beta graphics EmptyThu May 06, 2010 9:28 pm

ghost23 wrote:
I don't even notice this ghosting effect happening. Is it really that big of a deal?

Not to me, but some people are picky and obsessive over minor stuff. I hear the final game won't have it though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
DarkSwarm85
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
DarkSwarm85

Posts : 992
Join date : 2010-02-02
Age : 35
Location : California

Halo Reach Beta graphics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Beta graphics   Halo Reach Beta graphics EmptyFri May 07, 2010 3:21 am

They'll fix whatever issues are present. That's kind of the reason they made a beta. study

To perfect the experience.
Back to top Go down
Andyjack7
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Andyjack7

Posts : 76
Join date : 2009-11-01
Location : Turn Around...

Halo Reach Beta graphics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Beta graphics   Halo Reach Beta graphics EmptyFri May 07, 2010 4:53 am

Well that is one of the points of the beta, If they see enough players saying something about it, they will fix it. Let's remember it is just the beta, most beta games have some sort of problem. I would count on bungie fixing it Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.gamingfreeks.com
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

Posts : 3050
Join date : 2009-09-30
Location : Area 51

Halo Reach Beta graphics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Beta graphics   Halo Reach Beta graphics EmptyFri May 07, 2010 1:56 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
The ghost thing your talking about is a non-issue and is only visible when you reload because the gun takes up half the screen. Doesn't bother me becuase it doesn't effect gameplay.

As for the graphics, they are amazing and I can't wait to see the campaign. Halo single player always looks 10X better than the multiplayer and all we've gotten in detail so far is multiplayer. Campaign graphics are going to blow your mind.
QFT Halo Reach looks amazing.
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

Posts : 1901
Join date : 2009-12-23
Age : 27
Location : None of Your Damn Business!

Halo Reach Beta graphics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Beta graphics   Halo Reach Beta graphics EmptyFri May 07, 2010 8:11 pm

The graphics look amazing for the beta from what I have seen. I NEED TO DOWNLOAD THIS BETA.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
Guest
Guest



Halo Reach Beta graphics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Beta graphics   Halo Reach Beta graphics EmptyFri May 07, 2010 10:21 pm

Yeah, I never really noticed the ghosting thing...
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5


Posts : 1292
Join date : 2009-09-08
Age : 31

Halo Reach Beta graphics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Beta graphics   Halo Reach Beta graphics EmptyFri May 07, 2010 11:07 pm

Bungie needs to fix ghosting, and tweak the particle effects before launch. Also hit detection needs to be tweaked a bit.
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

Posts : 1365
Join date : 2009-09-09

Halo Reach Beta graphics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Beta graphics   Halo Reach Beta graphics EmptyFri May 07, 2010 11:12 pm

the words its a beta come to mind
Back to top Go down
Lt Xplosi
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Lt Xplosi

Posts : 2327
Join date : 2009-09-12
Age : 25
Location : Sweden

Halo Reach Beta graphics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Beta graphics   Halo Reach Beta graphics EmptySat May 08, 2010 5:02 am

i think reach is legend wait for it Dary
legendary!
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

Posts : 1146
Join date : 2010-03-08

Halo Reach Beta graphics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Beta graphics   Halo Reach Beta graphics EmptySat May 08, 2010 11:14 am

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
I don't even notice this ghosting effect happening. Is it really that big of a deal?

Not to me, but some people are picky and obsessive over minor stuff. I hear the final game won't have it though.

I'm not out to bash Reach. The thing is, some of you guys might be caught up in the hype and that's alright. But the REAL reason they are having a beta is to iron out any problems BEFORE it launches. That includes graphical glitches. Since this is Bungie's last Halo game they want it to be just as memorable as Halo: CE. They want to insure they get every aspect right this time. So yes even minor things like "ghosting" will cause the critics to go ape-shit crazy. Halo 3 could have probably close to a perfect score on metacritic if it actually had great visuals compared to other games in 2007. Now Bungie can fix that with their all new engine. They can make an immersive campaign experience with co-op while fighting 40+ enemies on screen and still have great visuals.

Bungie needs our help to ensure that Reach will be the definitive Halo of this decade. They want to make sure the game has amazing visuals and gameplay. So what's wrong with pointing out the minor flaws if Bungie can sitll fix it?
Back to top Go down
Madtoker
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
Madtoker

Posts : 456
Join date : 2010-04-09
Age : 30
Location : Lawlalwaw

Halo Reach Beta graphics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Beta graphics   Halo Reach Beta graphics EmptySat May 08, 2010 1:08 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
I don't even notice this ghosting effect happening. Is it really that big of a deal?

Not to me, but some people are picky and obsessive over minor stuff. I hear the final game won't have it though.

I'm not out to bash Reach. The thing is, some of you guys might be caught up in the hype and that's alright. But the REAL reason they are having a beta is to iron out any problems BEFORE it launches. That includes graphical glitches. Since this is Bungie's last Halo game they want it to be just as memorable as Halo: CE. They want to insure they get every aspect right this time. So yes even minor things like "ghosting" will cause the critics to go ape-shit crazy. Halo 3 could have probably close to a perfect score on metacritic if it actually had great visuals compared to other games in 2007. Now Bungie can fix that with their all new engine. They can make an immersive campaign experience with co-op while fighting 40+ enemies on screen and still have great visuals.

Bungie needs our help to ensure that Reach will be the definitive Halo of this decade. They want to make sure the game has amazing visuals and gameplay. So what's wrong with pointing out the minor flaws if Bungie can sitll fix it?

Good. I want an epic halo experience before activision screws anything up
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
343_Guilty_Spark

Posts : 2290
Join date : 2009-09-05
Location : Installation 04

Halo Reach Beta graphics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Beta graphics   Halo Reach Beta graphics EmptySat May 08, 2010 2:11 pm

Madtoker wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
I don't even notice this ghosting effect happening. Is it really that big of a deal?

Not to me, but some people are picky and obsessive over minor stuff. I hear the final game won't have it though.

I'm not out to bash Reach. The thing is, some of you guys might be caught up in the hype and that's alright. But the REAL reason they are having a beta is to iron out any problems BEFORE it launches. That includes graphical glitches. Since this is Bungie's last Halo game they want it to be just as memorable as Halo: CE. They want to insure they get every aspect right this time. So yes even minor things like "ghosting" will cause the critics to go ape-shit crazy. Halo 3 could have probably close to a perfect score on metacritic if it actually had great visuals compared to other games in 2007. Now Bungie can fix that with their all new engine. They can make an immersive campaign experience with co-op while fighting 40+ enemies on screen and still have great visuals.

Bungie needs our help to ensure that Reach will be the definitive Halo of this decade. They want to make sure the game has amazing visuals and gameplay. So what's wrong with pointing out the minor flaws if Bungie can sitll fix it?

Good. I want an epic halo experience before activision screws anything up

Bungie can't make Halo for Activision without MS involved, but that won't even happen. After Halo: Reach 343 Industries will be making Halo games.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

Posts : 1146
Join date : 2010-03-08

Halo Reach Beta graphics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Beta graphics   Halo Reach Beta graphics EmptySat May 08, 2010 2:55 pm

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
Madtoker wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
I don't even notice this ghosting effect happening. Is it really that big of a deal?

Not to me, but some people are picky and obsessive over minor stuff. I hear the final game won't have it though.

I'm not out to bash Reach. The thing is, some of you guys might be caught up in the hype and that's alright. But the REAL reason they are having a beta is to iron out any problems BEFORE it launches. That includes graphical glitches. Since this is Bungie's last Halo game they want it to be just as memorable as Halo: CE. They want to insure they get every aspect right this time. So yes even minor things like "ghosting" will cause the critics to go ape-shit crazy. Halo 3 could have probably close to a perfect score on metacritic if it actually had great visuals compared to other games in 2007. Now Bungie can fix that with their all new engine. They can make an immersive campaign experience with co-op while fighting 40+ enemies on screen and still have great visuals.

Bungie needs our help to ensure that Reach will be the definitive Halo of this decade. They want to make sure the game has amazing visuals and gameplay. So what's wrong with pointing out the minor flaws if Bungie can sitll fix it?

Good. I want an epic halo experience before activision screws anything up

Bungie can't make Halo for Activision without MS involved, but that won't even happen. After Halo: Reach 343 Industries will be making Halo games.

And the 343 industry are full of ex-Bungie employees that helped make Halo:CE which was an incredible game.
Back to top Go down
day walker
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
day walker

Posts : 624
Join date : 2009-10-30

Halo Reach Beta graphics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Beta graphics   Halo Reach Beta graphics EmptySat May 08, 2010 8:54 pm

graphics will get better i mean the Alpha Vid of the campaign looks better than the beta is Now, and i heard that a few engine mechanics didn make it in the Beta i think it was said in one of bungies updates, cant be sure.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Halo Reach Beta graphics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Beta graphics   Halo Reach Beta graphics EmptySat May 08, 2010 9:36 pm

Well seeing as how it is a beta we should expect these problems but still, when does this ghosting problem happen? I have seriously never noticed it. Maybe it is because I am to busy paying attention to the awesomeness of the game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Halo Reach Beta graphics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Beta graphics   Halo Reach Beta graphics Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Halo Reach Beta graphics
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» New Halo toys - at the right bloody scale?!
» The BETA Thread
» Stockfish beta
» polar express graphic
» NEW: The English Patch for Hollywood Monsters (Pendulo Studios,1997).

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: Halo-
Jump to: