This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ps3 games have no split-screen multiplayer.

Go down 
+7
ghost23
Mr. Project Natal
DaveSGE
343_Guilty_Spark
Bluenose
Stigma
Pickles
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

Ps3 games have no split-screen multiplayer. Empty
PostSubject: Ps3 games have no split-screen multiplayer.   Ps3 games have no split-screen multiplayer. EmptyWed May 12, 2010 9:26 pm

Have you guys ever noticed that? Okay maybe there's LBP but come on. How sad is that? Most 360 exclusives have split screen. Gears Of War 2(our best looking game imo) even has split screen. So much for the Ps3 being "technically" superior.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 games have no split-screen multiplayer.   Ps3 games have no split-screen multiplayer. EmptyWed May 12, 2010 9:29 pm

Split Screen causes a drop in graphics because more pixels are needed. Only exclusive with split screen that I can think of is Resistance. But it has shitty graphics so it's no surprise. PS3 Devs need to stop focusing so much on the graphics.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 games have no split-screen multiplayer.   Ps3 games have no split-screen multiplayer. EmptyWed May 12, 2010 9:43 pm

Seriously i hate the fact when i have a great game but cant play with a friend next to me in a challenging way!
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 games have no split-screen multiplayer.   Ps3 games have no split-screen multiplayer. EmptyWed May 12, 2010 10:14 pm

Split-screen in Halo games is great. I have way more fun playing games with my friends on the couch than online with people I've never met in real life.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
DaveSGE
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
DaveSGE

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 games have no split-screen multiplayer.   Ps3 games have no split-screen multiplayer. EmptyWed May 12, 2010 10:29 pm

Pickles wrote:
Have you guys ever noticed that? Okay maybe there's LBP but come on. How sad is that? Most 360 exclusives have split screen. Gears Of War 2(our best looking game imo) even has split screen. So much for the Ps3 being "technically" superior.

Almost 100 games on the PS3 offer offline Co-op play... Quite a few also offer split-screen (though I don't see the difference between the two).

http://www.co-optimus.com/system.php?id=2&sort=offline&direction=ASC

I believe you can check out the numbers for the 360 on that site as well. It's pretty great with its search engine.

Last edited by DaveSGE on Wed May 12, 2010 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 games have no split-screen multiplayer.   Ps3 games have no split-screen multiplayer. EmptyWed May 12, 2010 10:29 pm

DaveSGE wrote:
Pickles wrote:

Almost 100 games on the PS3 offer offline Co-op play... Quite a few also offer split-screen (though I don't see the difference between the two).

Exclusives

Edit: Defending PS3? Hmm, how surprising
Back to top Go down
DaveSGE
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
DaveSGE

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 games have no split-screen multiplayer.   Ps3 games have no split-screen multiplayer. EmptyWed May 12, 2010 10:32 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
DaveSGE wrote:
Pickles wrote:

Exclusives

There are 4-5 of them on that list and 2-3 coming up this year as well.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 games have no split-screen multiplayer.   Ps3 games have no split-screen multiplayer. EmptyWed May 12, 2010 10:34 pm

DaveSGE wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
DaveSGE wrote:
Pickles wrote:

Exclusives

LBP, R1&2, and Haze the only ones I think
Back to top Go down
DaveSGE
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
DaveSGE

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 games have no split-screen multiplayer.   Ps3 games have no split-screen multiplayer. EmptyWed May 12, 2010 10:35 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
DaveSGE wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
DaveSGE wrote:
Pickles wrote:

Exclusives

Untold Legends has it as well... Upcoming this year... MNR (4-player split-screen) and LBP2 (obviously) and I believe there is one more, not 100% sure.

PS: There is a difference between information and defending.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 games have no split-screen multiplayer.   Ps3 games have no split-screen multiplayer. EmptyWed May 12, 2010 10:40 pm

DaveSGE wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
DaveSGE wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
DaveSGE wrote:
Pickles wrote:

Exclusives

Untold Legends has it as well... Upcoming this year... MNR (4-player split-screen) and LBP2 (obviously) and I believe there is one more, not 100% sure.

PS: There is a difference between information and defending.

What the hell is untold legends?

I looked it up and all I saw was a PSP version
Back to top Go down
DaveSGE
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
DaveSGE

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 games have no split-screen multiplayer.   Ps3 games have no split-screen multiplayer. EmptyWed May 12, 2010 10:41 pm

It's a 4-player title kind of like Sacred 2 but exclusive for the PlayStation Portable and PlayStation 3... It's kind of like the old school game... Golden Axe, if you're old enough to remember that game (not sure how old the game is, so not sure if you're old enough to have played it or not). It was a classic game back in the day though.

EDIT: http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/untoldlegendsdarkkingdom/index.html

It wasn't stellar or anything -- a rental at best. It's fun to just mess around with for a couple of hours with some buddies, but it has no real replay value, IMO
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 games have no split-screen multiplayer.   Ps3 games have no split-screen multiplayer. EmptyWed May 12, 2010 10:49 pm

DaveSGE wrote:
It's a 4-player title kind of like Sacred 2 but exclusive for the PlayStation Portable and PlayStation 3... It's kind of like the old school game... Golden Axe, if you're old enough to remember that game (not sure how old the game is, so not sure if you're old enough to have played it or not). It was a classic game back in the day though.

EDIT: http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/untoldlegendsdarkkingdom/index.html

It wasn't stellar or anything -- a rental at best. It's fun to just mess around with for a couple of hours with some buddies, but it has no real replay value, IMO

Oh, I know what that game is. I didn't know Untold Legends was part of the title. However most PS3 exclusives still don't have split screen. And I will laugh my ass of of GT5 doesn't have splitscreen because Polyphony Digital only seems to care about the graphics at this point.
Back to top Go down
DaveSGE
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
DaveSGE

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 games have no split-screen multiplayer.   Ps3 games have no split-screen multiplayer. EmptyWed May 12, 2010 10:54 pm

I tend to play racers on my own (unless online), so I won't be too bothered by it. If I feel the need to play some offline split-screen racing, I'll throw in Forza 3...which is an awesome racer in its own right.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 games have no split-screen multiplayer.   Ps3 games have no split-screen multiplayer. EmptyWed May 12, 2010 10:57 pm

DaveSGE wrote:
I tend to play racers on my own (unless online), so I won't be too bothered by it. If I feel the need to play some offline split-screen racing, I'll throw in Forza 3...which is an awesome racer in its own right.

My cousin doesn't own a 360 or PS3 only PS2, and he loves racing games so we race each other in Forza 3 all the time.
Back to top Go down
DaveSGE
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
DaveSGE

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 games have no split-screen multiplayer.   Ps3 games have no split-screen multiplayer. EmptyWed May 12, 2010 10:59 pm

Yeah, Forza 3 is a solid multiplayer game all around.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Project Natal
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Mr. Project Natal

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 games have no split-screen multiplayer.   Ps3 games have no split-screen multiplayer. EmptyWed May 12, 2010 11:32 pm

Well, not too many games are fun for splitscreen, if you have online. It's boring when you get XBL. Or at least it depends on your friends.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Natal360VsPS3Wands
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 games have no split-screen multiplayer.   Ps3 games have no split-screen multiplayer. EmptyThu May 13, 2010 1:03 am

Mr. Project Natal wrote:
Well, not too many games are fun for splitscreen, if you have online. It's boring when you get XBL. Or at least it depends on your friends.
I think playing splitscreen is way more satisfying. I used to play at Howie's Game Shack(don't laugh) and it was an absolute riot playing Halo 3 with 16 players in the same room. Okay, it was system link but you get my point. Playing with real people right next to you kicks ass.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 games have no split-screen multiplayer.   Ps3 games have no split-screen multiplayer. EmptyThu May 13, 2010 3:21 am

No matter how good online gets, sometimes the best thing is just to sit around with 3 of your mates and play split screen.
Back to top Go down
joe11
Ensign
Ensign
joe11

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 games have no split-screen multiplayer.   Ps3 games have no split-screen multiplayer. EmptyThu May 13, 2010 8:41 pm

and they say that ps3 does everything
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 games have no split-screen multiplayer.   Ps3 games have no split-screen multiplayer. EmptyThu May 13, 2010 8:51 pm

It is sad that so many PS3 games don't have split screen. I have had more fun playing with 3 or so friends on the same tv then I have with online MP.
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 games have no split-screen multiplayer.   Ps3 games have no split-screen multiplayer. EmptyFri May 14, 2010 1:07 am

Split screen is good if you have a big enough tv.

Goldeneye + N64 + big ass tv = WIN!
Back to top Go down
DaveSGE
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
DaveSGE

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 games have no split-screen multiplayer.   Ps3 games have no split-screen multiplayer. EmptyFri May 14, 2010 1:14 am

Agreed.

Playing split-screen on a small ass TV is boring as hell.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 games have no split-screen multiplayer.   Ps3 games have no split-screen multiplayer. EmptyFri May 14, 2010 11:41 am

DarkSwarm85 wrote:
Split screen is good if you have a big enough tv.

Goldeneye + N64 + big ass tv = WIN!

DaveSGE wrote:
Agreed.

Playing split-screen on a small ass TV is boring as hell.

Very true.

In fact, even on a big screen I never play against 4 players because you get such tiny screen space. I mean, once in a while I do but I'd rather just have 2 player split screen but taking in turns if more friends are around.

My fav split screen game ever was Nightfire. Sooo many great moments. Razz

Btw anyone here played Super Smash Bros? No need for split screen! There should be more games like that hehe
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
nalin41
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 games have no split-screen multiplayer.   Ps3 games have no split-screen multiplayer. EmptyFri May 14, 2010 6:11 pm

MOTORSTORM PACIFIC
Back to top Go down
DaveSGE
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
DaveSGE

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 games have no split-screen multiplayer.   Ps3 games have no split-screen multiplayer. EmptyFri May 14, 2010 7:44 pm

That's true. Completely forget about MotorStorm....not a big fan of that game, probably why I forgot about it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ps3 games have no split-screen multiplayer.   Ps3 games have no split-screen multiplayer. Empty

Back to top Go down

Ps3 games have no split-screen multiplayer.
Page 1 of 1