This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version

Go down 
+16
andes755
Blackou7
Bluenose
Arbiteris
Hivemind
Stoney
Invincible
daveMastaKill
DemonWolf
Pein
Sir.Zillah
343_Guilty_Spark
DarkSwarm85
ghost23
Stigma
Master_Chief
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version Empty
PostSubject: Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version   Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version EmptySat May 15, 2010 9:27 pm

This far into the PS3's life cycle and PS3 gamers still have to deal with mandatory installs. 7gigs this time.
http://psinsider.e-mpire.com/index.php?categoryid=17&m_articles_articleid=1631
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version   Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version EmptySat May 15, 2010 9:41 pm

Pathetic, just goes to show that devs know how multiplats sell less on the PS3 so they don't put the extra mile in the PS3 port.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version   Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version EmptySat May 15, 2010 9:50 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Pathetic, just goes to show that devs know how multiplats sell less on the PS3 so they don't put the extra mile in the PS3 port.

It's not the devs fault, its Sony and Blu-Ray's fault for having such a slow read rate. Not really much the develops can do about that.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version   Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version EmptySat May 15, 2010 9:56 pm

ghost23 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

It's not the devs fault, its Sony and Blu-Ray's fault for having such a slow read rate. Not really much the develops can do about that.

Maybe I miss-phrased, I wasn't blaming the devs. Just stating that they know that the extra time and money it would cost to make it better wouldn't be worth the profit.
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
Master Chief Petty Officer
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version   Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version EmptySat May 15, 2010 10:11 pm

If God of War 3 and Uncharted don't have installs, why does this game have installs?

Split Second - 7GBs
RE5 - 5GBs
MGS4 - 4GBs
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version   Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version EmptySat May 15, 2010 10:13 pm

DarkSwarm85 wrote:
If God of War 3 and Uncharted don't have installs, why does this game have installs?

Split Second - 7GBs
RE5 - 5GBs
MGS4 - 4GBs

Uncharted 2 and God of War = Sony Computer Entertainment America as Publisher.

Sony will spend the extra time and money to make their 1st party titles without installs, but other publishers won't.
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version   Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version EmptySat May 15, 2010 10:16 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
DarkSwarm85 wrote:

Split Second - 7GBs
RE5 - 5GBs
MGS4 - 4GBs

Sony will spend the extra time and money to make their 1st party titles without installs, but other publishers won't.

So basically Sony doesn't care about 3rd party games. What a bunch of geniuses they are! Razz
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version   Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version EmptySat May 15, 2010 11:06 pm

How many games is that now. At some point people are going to have to start uninstalling games to install new ones. Consoles aren't computers and you should be forced to install whole games just to play them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net

PostSubject: Re: Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version   Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version EmptySat May 15, 2010 11:38 pm

Well, atleast the smallest HDD the PS3 comes with is 120GB, right? Lol
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version   Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version EmptySat May 15, 2010 11:42 pm

DarkSwarm85 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
DarkSwarm85 wrote:

Split Second - 7GBs
RE5 - 5GBs
MGS4 - 4GBs

So basically Sony doesn't care about 3rd party games. What a bunch of geniuses they are! Razz

Not exactly. PS3 exclusive's are obviously developed on the PS3 as the lead platform so they can optimise the game to support the PS3. Multiplats are developed on 360 as the lead platform and first optimised for the 360 and then ported over to the PS3. Because the PS3 and 360 have such architectures and there is a difference in medium, the devs have to do mandatory installs to that the PS3 can be on par with the 360 read rate. (360 games installed to HDD are a lot faster but thats optional).
Back to top Go down
Sir.Zillah
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Sir.Zillah

PostSubject: Re: Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version   Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version EmptySun May 16, 2010 12:25 am

Not to be "defending" since iDon't post that much anyways .

but, some games actually NEED those installs .
Fable II and Monster Hunter Tri could use em .
really .
Back to top Go down
http://ps3nation.roflforum.net
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version   Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version EmptySun May 16, 2010 12:27 am

Sir.Zillah wrote:

really .

You CAN Install any 360 game.
Back to top Go down
Sir.Zillah
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Sir.Zillah

PostSubject: Re: Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version   Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version EmptySun May 16, 2010 12:40 am

BlackStigma wrote:
Sir.Zillah wrote:

really .

iKnow that .

but, fable II STILL has long loading times .
even with installs
Back to top Go down
http://ps3nation.roflforum.net
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version   Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version EmptySun May 16, 2010 12:46 am

Sir.Zillah wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Sir.Zillah wrote:

really .

iKnow that .

but, fable II STILL has long loading times .
even with installs

Games like Oblivion, Fallout 3, Heavy Rain, LBP, Killzone 2, and others have even longer loading times. There is not much that you can do about it.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version   Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version EmptySun May 16, 2010 4:42 am

wow thats fail,i am getting the game for the 360 definatly now.i dont want to waste 7 gigs for a racing game
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version   Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version EmptySun May 16, 2010 5:41 am

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Yeah I guess that's not too bad except i've had a 360 for just over a year and have over 30 games
for it. If I had a ps3 with that many games and a harddrive that size I would be screwed, and imagine after having a ps3 for two or 3 years or even 10 years, like ps3
fanboys claim it will live that long, imagine the size of the games library!! Lol
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
wow thats fail,i am getting the game for the 360 definatly now.i dont want to waste 7 gigs for a racing game
Lol bet you're glad you now have the option of what console to get games on Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version   Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version EmptySun May 16, 2010 5:45 am

demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Yeah I guess that's not too bad except i've had a 360 for just over a year and have over 30 games
for it. If I had a ps3 with that many games and a harddrive that size I would be screwed, and imagine after having a ps3 for two or 3 years or even 10 years, like ps3
fanboys claim it will live that long, imagine the size of the games library!! Lol
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
Lol bet you're glad you now have the option of what console to get games on Razz
yeah! but still man,i dont want to waste 7 gigs on a racing game,even dmc4 didnt had that of a big installation,i think the ps3 cant be on par with the 360 because of the excitement and the action going on fast in splt second Razz Razz Razz
btw DDD have you played the demo? its preety kick ass
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version   Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version EmptySun May 16, 2010 7:31 am

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
demondragondude wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
yeah! but still man,i dont want to waste 7 gigs on a racing game,even dmc4 didnt had that of a big installation,i think the ps3 cant be on par with the 360 because of the excitement and the action going on fast in splt second Razz Razz Razz
btw DDD have you played the demo? its preety kick ass

Razz lmao Yeah it can't. The ps3 can't handle it. XD

And no I've not played it. I think I started downloading it but I've not been online since so it's not finished downloading.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version   Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version EmptySun May 16, 2010 7:35 am

TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Except for the millions of people who own older PS3s and haven't bought a Slim yet.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version   Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version EmptySun May 16, 2010 9:31 am

Master_Chief wrote:
TheJubJub57212 wrote:
Except for the millions of people who own older PS3s and haven't bought a Slim yet.

LoLoLoL you beat me first, i was also to say that hehehehehe

Althought i think you can install any HDD into a PS3 right? It doesn't matter they're version.
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version   Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version EmptySun May 16, 2010 9:51 am

It sucks for PS3 owners the developers had be this lazy. If God of War III can run off the disc, then any game can.

Does look like a good racer, though. I'll get it on 360 when the price is right.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version   Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version EmptySun May 16, 2010 10:32 am

7 GBs is shocking! . Surley the developers could have done something?

The Split-Second demo was meh at best. After a couple of races I was bored as hell. Not even a rental for me.
Back to top Go down
Hivemind
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version   Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version EmptySun May 16, 2010 12:54 pm

Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version   Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version EmptySun May 16, 2010 1:00 pm

Hivemind wrote:
http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2010/05/16/splitsecond-install-size-a-typo/

Calm yourselves.

lol, that's still bad.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version   Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version EmptySun May 16, 2010 1:05 pm

Hivemind wrote:
http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2010/05/16/splitsecond-install-size-a-typo/

Calm yourselves.

Its alot better than 7 lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version   Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version Empty

Back to top Go down

Split Second has a 7gig mandatory install for PS3 version
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next