This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The number one thing people got their PS3 was for the

Go down 
+16
Noelol
Pickles
DemonWolf
343_Guilty_Spark
Kendo
Stigma
Bluenose
7th
GeneralMLD
Master_Chief
Madtoker
Arbiteris
Sir.Zillah
Aero250
ghost23
lightlamp
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
lightlamp
Master Chief Petty Officer
lightlamp

The number one thing people got their PS3 was for the Empty
PostSubject: The number one thing people got their PS3 was for the   The number one thing people got their PS3 was for the EmptyTue May 18, 2010 6:29 am

Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: The number one thing people got their PS3 was for the   The number one thing people got their PS3 was for the EmptyTue May 18, 2010 8:35 am

They should have an option:
"I am a PS3 fanboy, I blindly support Sony in everything they do."
Back to top Go down
Aero250
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Aero250

PostSubject: Re: The number one thing people got their PS3 was for the   The number one thing people got their PS3 was for the EmptyTue May 18, 2010 10:18 am

I have a PS3 it's used for blurays 90% of the time Smile

I would sell it, but my family insist i keep it for watching movies
Back to top Go down
Sir.Zillah
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Sir.Zillah

PostSubject: Re: The number one thing people got their PS3 was for the   The number one thing people got their PS3 was for the EmptyTue May 18, 2010 10:34 am

That's not everybody .

iDidn't take that, my neighbor didn't take it, my brother didn't take it, my cousin didn't take it, and so on .

99.9% of people buy the 360 to play halo.
Back to top Go down
http://ps3nation.roflforum.net
Aero250
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Aero250

PostSubject: Re: The number one thing people got their PS3 was for the   The number one thing people got their PS3 was for the EmptyTue May 18, 2010 10:36 am

Sir.Zillah wrote:
That's not everybody .

iDidn't take that, my neighbor didn't take it, my brother didn't take it, my cousin didn't take it, and so on .

Oh really? I bought my 360 to play Forza, PGR, Gears etc, etc. Halo was just a bonus...A dam good one at that!
Back to top Go down
lightlamp
lightlamp

PostSubject: Re: The number one thing people got their PS3 was for the   The number one thing people got their PS3 was for the EmptyTue May 18, 2010 10:45 am

Sir.Zillah wrote:
That's not everybody .

I bought my 360 for COD4
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: The number one thing people got their PS3 was for the   The number one thing people got their PS3 was for the EmptyTue May 18, 2010 11:34 am

Sir.Zillah wrote:
That's not everybody .

Actually,none of my friends or anybody i know got a 360 for halo.Hell,I didnt even get a 360 for Halo,I got it for Fable 2 and Gears(then I got Halo later on and realised I should have gotten a 360 for just Halo)

On the other hand,my brother got a PS3 for blu ray and two of my friends did.
Back to top Go down
Madtoker
Madtoker

PostSubject: Re: The number one thing people got their PS3 was for the   The number one thing people got their PS3 was for the EmptyTue May 18, 2010 12:41 pm

lightlamp2 wrote:
Blu-ray player 65% of them http://kotaku.com/5541239/why-are-people-buying-ps3s
your ps3 stove is beast
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: The number one thing people got their PS3 was for the   The number one thing people got their PS3 was for the EmptyTue May 18, 2010 1:26 pm

Sir.Zillah wrote:
That's not everybody .

Somebody sounds a little butthurt by this article.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: The number one thing people got their PS3 was for the   The number one thing people got their PS3 was for the EmptyTue May 18, 2010 2:21 pm

Sir.Zillah wrote:
That's not everybody .

I actually bought my 360 for Gears of War..........with the anticipation of buying Halo 3 Smile
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: The number one thing people got their PS3 was for the   The number one thing people got their PS3 was for the EmptyTue May 18, 2010 2:27 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
Sir.Zillah wrote:
That's not everybody .

I actually bought my 360 for Gears of War..........with the anticipation of buying Halo 3 Smile
Same with me.
Back to top Go down
7th
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: The number one thing people got their PS3 was for the   The number one thing people got their PS3 was for the EmptyTue May 18, 2010 2:27 pm

I don't buy it. Jumping on this as any proof is no different than people espousing Game Informer's failure rate survey.

No one in their right mind would buy the PS3 for the Blu-Ray player when you can buy a stand alone for 148 bucks.

If accurate to actual buying trends, this implies that Sony's marketing of the PS3 as a multifunction entertainment console has been so successful that a large number of people out there think the PS3 is the only blu-ray player.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: The number one thing people got their PS3 was for the   The number one thing people got their PS3 was for the EmptyTue May 18, 2010 2:42 pm

7th wrote:
I don't buy it. Jumping on this as any proof is no different than people espousing Game Informer's failure rate survey.

No one in their right mind would buy the PS3 for the Blu-Ray player when you can buy a stand alone for 148 bucks.

If accurate to actual buying trends, this implies that Sony's marketing of the PS3 as a multifunction entertainment console has been so successful that a large number of people out there think the PS3 is the only blu-ray player.
Exactly. And 360 fanboys could have bugged it. Fanboys are Fanboys.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: The number one thing people got their PS3 was for the   The number one thing people got their PS3 was for the EmptyTue May 18, 2010 3:13 pm

7th wrote:

That was what my brother wanted it for, I'm the one who buys the games for it. We have netflix and we watch a lot of movies.

He plays it every now and then, but not much.
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: The number one thing people got their PS3 was for the   The number one thing people got their PS3 was for the EmptyTue May 18, 2010 3:56 pm

Sir.Zillah wrote:
That's not everybody .

Me and my brother got one for GTA4. I will be getting a new one for myself though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000

PostSubject: Re: The number one thing people got their PS3 was for the   The number one thing people got their PS3 was for the EmptyTue May 18, 2010 4:43 pm

Well, considering that most Blu Ray players are 200 and the PS3 is 300 it aint a bad deal. but I bought mine for gaming, just like my 360
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: The number one thing people got their PS3 was for the   The number one thing people got their PS3 was for the EmptyTue May 18, 2010 5:55 pm

ghost23 wrote:
They should have an option:
"I am a PS3 fanboy, I blindly support Sony in everything they do."

That's probably like 1% of PS3 owners. It just seems like more becuase they bitch everyday on youtube.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: The number one thing people got their PS3 was for the   The number one thing people got their PS3 was for the EmptyTue May 18, 2010 6:16 pm

Sir.Zillah wrote:
That's not everybody .

Halo's a game. Not a novelty or non-gaming feature.
And actually, 10,000,000 sales of halo 3
only 4,000,000 sales for odst

40,000,000 people own 360's

Not all people bought 360 to play Halo. In fact probably under half the people who bought Halo 3 bought 360's specifically for that game.
I think ODST's sales prove that.

My maths skills aren't great but I know that less than 5/40 is not 99.9%
Hell, not even close.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: The number one thing people got their PS3 was for the   The number one thing people got their PS3 was for the EmptyTue May 18, 2010 6:18 pm

7th wrote:

At ps3's launch wasn't it the cheapest blu-ray player on the market or something?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: The number one thing people got their PS3 was for the   The number one thing people got their PS3 was for the EmptyTue May 18, 2010 6:40 pm

lightlamp2 wrote:
Sir.Zillah wrote:
That's not everybody .

I bought my 360 for COD4

I actually bought mine to play Resident Evil 5. I got sick of getting stuck in the last gen with my shitty ps2(still a good console btw).
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: The number one thing people got their PS3 was for the   The number one thing people got their PS3 was for the EmptyTue May 18, 2010 7:38 pm

Sir.Zillah wrote:
That's not everybody .

If I were to buy a PS3, it would be for LittleBigPlanet...and some other games but mostly LittleBigPlanet.
Back to top Go down
igame
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
igame

PostSubject: Re: The number one thing people got their PS3 was for the   The number one thing people got their PS3 was for the EmptyTue May 18, 2010 8:03 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
Sir.Zillah wrote:
That's not everybody .

Same with me.

Zillah's assumption is just as irrelevant as the kotaku article, i think thats what zillah's point was when he said that 99.9% of people buy a 360 for halo, but then again zillah aint that smart lol so maybe he was just being a fanboy
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: The number one thing people got their PS3 was for the   The number one thing people got their PS3 was for the EmptyTue May 18, 2010 9:25 pm

igame wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
Sir.Zillah wrote:
That's not everybody .

Same with me.

Zillah's assumption is just as irrelevant as the kotaku article, i think thats what zillah's point was when he said that 99.9% of people buy a 360 for halo, but then again zillah aint that smart lol so maybe he was just being a fanboy

Zillah is a fanboy
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: The number one thing people got their PS3 was for the   The number one thing people got their PS3 was for the EmptyWed May 19, 2010 4:06 am

7th wrote:

That is completely false. People weigh up the different possible Blu-Ray players and they see that the PS3 can also play games so they think; "Why not get a Blu-Ray player and have the option of playing games as well?" They are completely aware that there are many other Blu-Ray players out there to purchase.
Back to top Go down
Gibbon_Master
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Gibbon_Master

PostSubject: Re: The number one thing people got their PS3 was for the   The number one thing people got their PS3 was for the EmptyWed May 19, 2010 4:35 am

I got a PS3 for two things, one was a couple of little game called Metal Gear Solid 4 & GTA4, the second thing is I wanted a decent Blu-Ray player as well. Whatever is said about the PS3 it is still on of the best Blu-Ray players on the market.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The number one thing people got their PS3 was for the   The number one thing people got their PS3 was for the Empty

Back to top Go down

The number one thing people got their PS3 was for the
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next