This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sony Really Likes Competition

Go down 
+18
am203
CrimsonNeckedPatriot
Invincible
GeneralMLD
Doominator99
Noelol
gamer22
ghost23
DemonWolf
Blackou7
igame
Master_Chief
gamer4life
DarkSwarm85
arnt god of war
Arbiteris
343_Guilty_Spark
Pein
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pein
Four Star General (Moderator)
Pein

Sony Really Likes Competition Empty
PostSubject: Sony Really Likes Competition   Sony Really Likes Competition EmptyTue May 25, 2010 2:36 pm

just look at the date when killzone 3 is gonna release..are they thinking they are going up against gears of war 3? as much i love killzone.but i dont think they will have chance,gears 3 will sell a lot while killzone 3 might sell almost as killzone 2.its pathetic,sony you really don't know who youre dealing with

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=248146
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Sony Really Likes Competition   Sony Really Likes Competition EmptyTue May 25, 2010 2:44 pm

Interesting
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Sony Really Likes Competition   Sony Really Likes Competition EmptyTue May 25, 2010 3:25 pm

Ive always thought of Sony as idiots when it comes to talking

Lol,look at what they said about the wii motion controller when it came out.Next thing you know,wii has sold 70 million consoles,ps3 in dead last and now there begging and praying for a peice of the pie.
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Sony Really Likes Competition   Sony Really Likes Competition EmptyTue May 25, 2010 3:32 pm

epics gonna whop their ass
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: Sony Really Likes Competition   Sony Really Likes Competition EmptyTue May 25, 2010 8:31 pm

Too many shooters.
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Sony Really Likes Competition   Sony Really Likes Competition EmptyTue May 25, 2010 8:39 pm

DarkSwarm85 wrote:
Too many shooters.
agreed we need more rpgs Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sony Really Likes Competition   Sony Really Likes Competition EmptyTue May 25, 2010 9:49 pm

Seriously Sony? That was a stupid move. No way they can win against Gears 3.
Back to top Go down
gamer4life
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
gamer4life

PostSubject: Re: Sony Really Likes Competition   Sony Really Likes Competition EmptyWed May 26, 2010 2:05 am

if i had the choice i would rather buy killzone 3 over gears 3.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Sony Really Likes Competition   Sony Really Likes Competition EmptyWed May 26, 2010 2:18 am

Gears of War 3 will destroy Killzone 3.
Back to top Go down
gamer4life
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
gamer4life

PostSubject: Re: Sony Really Likes Competition   Sony Really Likes Competition EmptyWed May 26, 2010 2:25 am

no it wont. i love how fanboys keep saying game A will destroy game B. if any game gets destroyed they wouldnt make it anymore.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Sony Really Likes Competition   Sony Really Likes Competition EmptyWed May 26, 2010 2:34 am

gamer4life wrote:
no it wont. i love how fanboys keep saying game A will destroy game B. if any game gets destroyed they wouldnt make it anymore.
The SDF has spoken. Gears 2 destroyed Killzone 2. Gears 2 sold 2 million in just its first weekend. Butthurt PS3 fanboys like yourself cant accept the fact that Killzone 2 was basically a flop compared to Gears 2.
Back to top Go down
igame
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
igame

PostSubject: Re: Sony Really Likes Competition   Sony Really Likes Competition EmptyWed May 26, 2010 2:43 am

How is killzone 3 gonna GO UP AGAINST Gears of War 3? are they gonna fight or something? they are both exclusive games so i dont see how its gonna hurt em in sales.
Back to top Go down
Blackou7
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Blackou7

PostSubject: Re: Sony Really Likes Competition   Sony Really Likes Competition EmptyWed May 26, 2010 4:30 am

lol wut. Last time I checked GOW3 was on 360 and KZ3 was on PS3. Not sure where you guys are going with this >.>
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Sony Really Likes Competition   Sony Really Likes Competition EmptyWed May 26, 2010 6:11 am

lol. Gears Of War will no doubt sell better but I don't think it's really going to "kill" the competition.
Hell, for all we know it may go the completely other way...
If sony advertises KZ3 loads and mentions how Naughty Dog are helping with development, it could be a serious hit!

But at the same time, I doubt it will do better than Gears 3.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Sony Really Likes Competition   Sony Really Likes Competition EmptyWed May 26, 2010 6:21 am

Killzone 3 trying to compete with Gears of War 3 and the Microsoft hype train?
Good luck Sony
Back to top Go down
gamer22

PostSubject: Re: Sony Really Likes Competition   Sony Really Likes Competition EmptyWed May 26, 2010 7:59 am

I don't think Sony is doing this because of sales. i think it has more to do with graphics. To this day Gears 2 is arguably 360's best looking game. Gears 3 should top that. But if KZ3 is graphically better looking than Gear 3, word of mouth of that fact will spread like wild fire.
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: Sony Really Likes Competition   Sony Really Likes Competition EmptyWed May 26, 2010 8:31 am

We need more shmups...
Back to top Go down
Doominator99
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Sony Really Likes Competition   Sony Really Likes Competition EmptyWed May 26, 2010 9:58 am

gamer4life wrote:

its not like ps3 owners are going to buy gears of war over killzone 3 if they dont have an xbox Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Sony Really Likes Competition   Sony Really Likes Competition EmptyWed May 26, 2010 10:22 am

gamer22 wrote:
I don't think Sony is doing this because of sales. i think it has more to do with graphics. To this day Gears 2 is arguably 360's best looking game. Gears 3 should top that. But if KZ3 is graphically better looking than Gear 3, word of mouth of that fact will spread like wild fire.
And it still wont matter because gameplay comes before graphics. Killzone 2 was a good looking game but underneath the eye candy it was a very generic FPS. But I honestly doubt Killzone 3 will be that much of a graphical improvement over Killzone 2 judging by the Killzone 3 screenshots I've been seeing. So far it looks more like Killzone 2.5.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Sony Really Likes Competition   Sony Really Likes Competition EmptyWed May 26, 2010 10:26 am

you cant compete with Gears sales PLUS MS advertising.

LOL the ownage when KZ3 gets raped in sales Smile
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Sony Really Likes Competition   Sony Really Likes Competition EmptyWed May 26, 2010 10:29 am

GeneralMLD wrote:
you cant compete with Gears sales PLUS MS advertising.

LOL the ownage when KZ3 gets raped in sales Smile
QFT
Back to top Go down
gamer22

PostSubject: Re: Sony Really Likes Competition   Sony Really Likes Competition EmptyWed May 26, 2010 10:32 am

Master_Chief wrote:
gamer22 wrote:
And it still wont matter because gameplay comes before graphics. Killzone 2 was a good looking game but underneath the eye candy it was a very generic FPS. But I honestly doubt Killzone 3 will be that much of a graphical improvement over Killzone 2 judging by the Killzone 3 screenshots I've been seeing. So far it looks more like Killzone 2.5.

Lets be honest, the biggest attraction behind Gears was it's graphics. When I played Gears 1 shortly after launch I was blown away and I'm sure most of us feel the same way. I think when graphics is talked about, I think gears is what comes to mind for most 360 owners and I'm sure we all are waiting for Gears 3 to be a power house.
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: Sony Really Likes Competition   Sony Really Likes Competition EmptyWed May 26, 2010 11:07 am

gamer22 wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
gamer22 wrote:

Lets be honest, the biggest attraction behind Gears was it's graphics.
But at the end of the day the fact that it was a great game is why it had legs and continued to be sucessful and why people anticipate the next one. I love good graphics too but that only takes you so far.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Sony Really Likes Competition   Sony Really Likes Competition EmptyWed May 26, 2010 12:30 pm

Master_Chief wrote:
gamer4life wrote:
The SDF has spoken. Gears 2 destroyed Killzone 2. Gears 2 sold 2 million in just its first weekend. Butthurt PS3 fanboys like yourself cant accept the fact that Killzone 2 was basically a flop compared to Gears 2.
dude wtf!!! you banned qball? like really i dont know why you did that,im not defending him,but he was just saying his opinion,i think this was a bit too far man..just saying
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Sony Really Likes Competition   Sony Really Likes Competition EmptyWed May 26, 2010 12:46 pm

gamer22 wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
gamer22 wrote:

Lets be honest, the biggest attraction behind Gears was it's graphics. When I played Gears 1 shortly after launch I was blown away and I'm sure most of us feel the same way. I think when graphics is talked about, I think gears is what comes to mind for most 360 owners and I'm sure we all are waiting for Gears 3 to be a power house.

You sir are highly mistaken.Hell,i dont even buy gears because of its gaphics.

A game doesnt get AAA score with just good graphics
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sony Really Likes Competition   Sony Really Likes Competition Empty

Back to top Go down

Sony Really Likes Competition
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: