This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sony Really Likes Competition

Go down 
+18
am203
CrimsonNeckedPatriot
Invincible
GeneralMLD
Doominator99
Noelol
gamer22
ghost23
DemonWolf
Blackou7
igame
Master_Chief
gamer4life
DarkSwarm85
arnt god of war
Arbiteris
343_Guilty_Spark
Pein
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

Sony Really Likes Competition - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sony Really Likes Competition   Sony Really Likes Competition - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 2:42 pm

I wonder if they'll be any fanboy fights at the midnight launch.
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: Sony Really Likes Competition   Sony Really Likes Competition - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 2:59 pm

gamer22 wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:
gamer22 wrote:
I don't think Sony is doing this because of sales. i think it has more to do with graphics. To this day Gears 2 is arguably 360's best looking game. Gears 3 should top that. But if KZ3 is graphically better looking than Gear 3, word of mouth of that fact will spread like wild fire.
And it still wont matter because gameplay comes before graphics. Killzone 2 was a good looking game but underneath the eye candy it was a very generic FPS. But I honestly doubt Killzone 3 will be that much of a graphical improvement over Killzone 2 judging by the Killzone 3 screenshots I've been seeing. So far it looks more like Killzone 2.5.

Lets be honest, the biggest attraction behind Gears was it's graphics. When I played Gears 1 shortly after launch I was blown away and I'm sure most of us feel the same way. I think when graphics is talked about, I think gears is what comes to mind for most 360 owners and I'm sure we all are waiting for Gears 3 to be a power house.
Sony Really Likes Competition - Page 2 Trollcalling it right now.
Back to top Go down
CrimsonNeckedPatriot
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Sony Really Likes Competition   Sony Really Likes Competition - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 4:13 pm

gamer4life wrote:
if i had the choice i would rather buy killzone 3 over gears 3.

Thats stupid everyone knows gears will own. lol have fun playing gayzone 3 ha ha ha!
Back to top Go down
am203
Seaman
Seaman

PostSubject: Re: Sony Really Likes Competition   Sony Really Likes Competition - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 6:23 pm

I can't wait to see what GG does with the controls and gameplay, they even said themselves that they were going to focus more on them in KZ 3. As for sales who knows at this point Sony might (but probaly won't) advertise KZ 3
Back to top Go down
igame
Senior Chief Petty Officer
igame

PostSubject: Re: Sony Really Likes Competition   Sony Really Likes Competition - Page 2 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 12:22 am

am203 wrote:
I can't wait to see what GG does with the controls and gameplay, they even said themselves that they were going to focus more on them in KZ 3. As for sales who knows at this point Sony might (but probaly won't) advertise KZ 3

They have been advertising every exclusive published by them
Back to top Go down
Kendo
Ensign
Ensign
Kendo

PostSubject: Re: Sony Really Likes Competition   Sony Really Likes Competition - Page 2 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 5:34 pm

Why was DarthQball banned? Oh never mind... anyway we all know Gears of War 3 will beat Killzone 3. Everyone should know this.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuboy1000
am203
Seaman
Seaman

PostSubject: Re: Sony Really Likes Competition   Sony Really Likes Competition - Page 2 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 7:51 pm

igame wrote:
am203 wrote:

I understand that, but has Sony ever advertised a game that matches the advertising campaign of Halo 3 or Gears of War 2. Also when it was around the time resisance 2 and gears 2 came out I can't count how many times I saw a commercial for gears 2. I think I saw 1 commercial for Resistance 2
Back to top Go down
SuckMyNutz

PostSubject: Re: Sony Really Likes Competition   Sony Really Likes Competition - Page 2 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 8:22 pm

Kendo wrote:
Why was DarthQball banned? Oh never mind... anyway we all know Gears of War 3 will beat Killzone 3. Everyone should know this.
Gears and Killzone are both completely different....ones FPS and the other is TPS...I don't know exaclty what you mean by "beat" but the games are both mechanically diverse so it won't make sense to compare the two
Back to top Go down
Alice
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Sony Really Likes Competition   Sony Really Likes Competition - Page 2 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 8:35 pm

I really don't see a problem with the release date, unless a person wants to buy both of those games. Which will make the sales more interesting for that week and of course people will talk about it here.
Back to top Go down
igame
igame

PostSubject: Re: Sony Really Likes Competition   Sony Really Likes Competition - Page 2 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 11:37 pm

am203 wrote:
igame wrote:
am203 wrote:

I understand that, but has Sony ever advertised a game that matches the advertising campaign of Halo 3 or Gears of War 2. Also when it was around the time resisance 2 and gears 2 came out I can't count how many times I saw a commercial for gears 2. I think I saw 1 commercial for Resistance 2

Well Microsoft has always been excellent when it come to advertising, probably since they have a much bigger budget than Sony. My point is that they will advertise for sure whether they do it as much as Gears of War or not.
Back to top Go down
Gibbon_Master
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Gibbon_Master

PostSubject: Re: Sony Really Likes Competition   Sony Really Likes Competition - Page 2 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 9:38 am

arnt god of war wrote:
DarkSwarm85 wrote:
Too many shooters.
agreed we need more rpgs Razz

Indeed need some more rpgs would love a new KOTOR game, a little tied of all the fps being released, biggest issue is that they sell more than any other genre.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sony Really Likes Competition   Sony Really Likes Competition - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sony Really Likes Competition
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2