This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Do you think there would be a console war if the internet didn't exist.

Go down 
+7
ghost23
optimusprime
DarkSwarm85
DemonWolf
micheal82
Alice
Pickles
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

Do you think there would be a console war if the internet didn't exist. Empty
PostSubject: Do you think there would be a console war if the internet didn't exist.   Do you think there would be a console war if the internet didn't exist. EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 1:03 am

Okay, I'm aware that there were console wars when General MLDs balls were still in his stomach and the internet although shitty still existed. I guess what I'm saying is that would we still treat each other like shit if we met the OTHER fanboys face to face. Like I'm sure Nintendo and Sega fanboys treated each other differently than how Xbox and Sony Fanboys treat each other now with the deaththreats and real-life harrassment and all that hilarious stuff we enjoy right now.

I remember one of my classmates(who's a 360 fan) who found out that one of his friends preferred the ps3.
This is what he said," That's okay, we all have our preferences."

I know. Fucked up, right?

Feel free to enlightenment/ call me a dumbass in your posts.

Last edited by Pickles on Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : make it better?)
Back to top Go down
Alice
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Alice

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there would be a console war if the internet didn't exist.   Do you think there would be a console war if the internet didn't exist. EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 1:12 am

If it was real life, people would just let it be. You like Sega and I like my nintendo, bring your Sega over for a sleep over.

But it seems people are just having this "console war" for the need to justify their purchase or something. All of the reasons they prefer their console is based on personal preference just like a person prefers Sonic over Mario. Just because one console may have more or even "better" games doesn't matter. You buy what you enjoy and we all know damn well you will not buy every game.

But people just can't think like this, they lie through their teeth trying to think of a reason why it's "logical" for a console war, and/or they blame the opposing side as if, they are the only reason why theres a war in the first place.

Long story short, internet causes conflict.
Back to top Go down
micheal82
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
micheal82

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there would be a console war if the internet didn't exist.   Do you think there would be a console war if the internet didn't exist. EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 1:59 am

90% of the dumb shit that is said over the internet. See over the internet people can say whatever they want to because chances are I would never see you in real life. Back in the day a few insults but that was it. No death threats, harassment or any of the other dumb shit that frequents the console war.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there would be a console war if the internet didn't exist.   Do you think there would be a console war if the internet didn't exist. EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 7:10 am

There probably wouldn't be. At least, it wouldn't be taken as seriously as it is taken. I mean, I sometimes tease my friends about the ps3's issues or brag about the great features of 360 and games it has lol because they do the same, like when we're in a store my ps3-owning friend picks up all the decent looking blu ray dvds and says: "I can watch this on my ps3, I can watch this on my ps3 too", etc

lol it's all good fun really, the difference is, on the internet it's not just about "promoting" your system but trying to convert people.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
DarkSwarm85
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there would be a console war if the internet didn't exist.   Do you think there would be a console war if the internet didn't exist. EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 7:13 am

No, because a person in real life wouldn't tell you to die of cancer just because you like Halo.
Back to top Go down
optimusprime
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
optimusprime

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there would be a console war if the internet didn't exist.   Do you think there would be a console war if the internet didn't exist. EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 7:38 am

DarkSwarm85 wrote:
No, because a person in real life wouldn't tell you to die of cancer just because you like Halo.

Shocked wat???
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there would be a console war if the internet didn't exist.   Do you think there would be a console war if the internet didn't exist. EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 7:47 am

People are a lot more aggressive on the internet because there are little to no consequences of typing a hate message on a youtube video etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there would be a console war if the internet didn't exist.   Do you think there would be a console war if the internet didn't exist. EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 7:52 am

In real life I, and my friends, honestly don't give a fuck what system you play. But on the internet, some people just take it so seriously so it is hilarious! And no one can do anything about it on the internet.
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there would be a console war if the internet didn't exist.   Do you think there would be a console war if the internet didn't exist. EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 9:07 am

There would still be debate over consoles without the internet. In 6th grade, before I had internet, I remember kids in my science class arguing over which was more powerful; N64 or PS1
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there would be a console war if the internet didn't exist.   Do you think there would be a console war if the internet didn't exist. EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 9:09 am

Invincible wrote:
There would still be debate over consoles without the internet. In 6th grade, before I had internet, I remember kids in my science class arguing over which was more powerful; N64 or PS1

There would, but it would get anywhere near the levels that some internet arguments get to.
Back to top Go down
5cm
Seaman Recruit
5cm

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there would be a console war if the internet didn't exist.   Do you think there would be a console war if the internet didn't exist. EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 9:16 am

I tried to convince myself that the Nintendo64 could equal the CG on Playstation. It was 64BITS! who cares that a cartridge can't hold enough data. So yea the same mentality was there, but if you want to argue with someone you had to say it to their face or write a letter to a gaming magazine. Much less personal.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there would be a console war if the internet didn't exist.   Do you think there would be a console war if the internet didn't exist. EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 9:26 am

i have to agree,i have friends that prefer the ps3 and some people prefer the 360 in real life,but its way too serious on the internet,a very fine example of how mld closed his youtube account,thats taking it too far.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there would be a console war if the internet didn't exist.   Do you think there would be a console war if the internet didn't exist. EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 9:28 am

5cm wrote:
I tried to convince myself that the Nintendo64 could equal the CG on Playstation. It was 64BITS! who cares that a cartridge can't hold enough data. So yea the same mentality was there, but if you want to argue with someone you had to say it to their face or write a letter to a gaming magazine. Much less personal.
Spoiler:
OH come on!!
this is pure bullshit about the sony lying,you are blaming sony for something that happened 10 years ago?
damn man,well thats what is about,trying to destroy the competition so you can win..
Back to top Go down
Wolfshiemhere
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there would be a console war if the internet didn't exist.   Do you think there would be a console war if the internet didn't exist. EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 10:34 am

5cm wrote:
Spoiler:
Sega will be focusing "heavily" on 3D support for the next 5 years. They admitted that.
They can't be that great.
Back to top Go down
5cm
Seaman Recruit
5cm

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there would be a console war if the internet didn't exist.   Do you think there would be a console war if the internet didn't exist. EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 10:34 am

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
OH come on!!
this is pure bullshit about the sony lying,you are blaming sony for something that happened 10 years ago?
damn man,well thats what is about,trying to destroy the competition so you can win..

It was mostly a joke. I was trying to poke fun at console wars in general by blaming it on Sony instead of incredibly easy pirating and various other problems. Its not always easy to get your true intent through on the internet. That said, the part about Sega being great was not a joke. I thought Jet Set Radio Future was the best game on the original Xbox and in my top 10 of all time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you think there would be a console war if the internet didn't exist.   Do you think there would be a console war if the internet didn't exist. Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you think there would be a console war if the internet didn't exist.
Page 1 of 1