This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The True Reason People Use The PS3 The Most

Go down 
+6
Noelol
arnt god of war
Invincible
KonaBro
Wolfshiemhere
Pein
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Pein
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Pein

The True Reason People Use The PS3 The Most Empty
PostSubject: The True Reason People Use The PS3 The Most   The True Reason People Use The PS3 The Most EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 1:51 pm

always when i get on psn,i see some people playing mw2,uncharted 2 and some other popular games,theres few people who play most multi-platform games,and they are playing them because of the trophies,but...
lately i was on psn,and most people dont play games,they basicaly are on the XMB and doing nothing,its like they dont have any games to play,and im wondering,are they watching a movie? or doing something else,because i have a lot of friends on my friend list and there were 36 people on,and noone played anything,its like WOW,and right now i am on psn and noone is playing anything,this has happened for 4 days straight..i know this topic maybe stupid for some,but my question is why?
what are people doing instead of playing games? e_E
i think ps3 isnt intended for playing video games,most people bought it for movies and some for linux,but sony dropped the support for linux and still i dont get what people are doing?
Back to top Go down
Wolfshiemhere
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: The True Reason People Use The PS3 The Most   The True Reason People Use The PS3 The Most EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 2:11 pm

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
always when i get on psn,i see some people playing mw2,uncharted 2 and some other popular games,theres few people who play most multi-platform games,and they are playing them because of the trophies,but...
lately i was on psn,and most people dont play games,they basicaly are on the XMB and doing nothing,its like they dont have any games to play,and im wondering,are they watching a movie? or doing something else,because i have a lot of friends on my friend list and there were 36 people on,and noone played anything,its like WOW,and right now i am on psn and noone is playing anything,this has happened for 4 days straight..i know this topic maybe stupid for some,but my question is why?
what are people doing instead of playing games? e_E
i think ps3 isnt intended for playing video games,most people bought it for movies and some for linux,but sony dropped the support for linux and still i dont get what people are doing?
loliunno
Don't give a shit I'm playing games.
Back to top Go down
KonaBro
Seaman
Seaman
KonaBro

PostSubject: Re: The True Reason People Use The PS3 The Most   The True Reason People Use The PS3 The Most EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 2:33 pm

lol It's nice to have the luxury of being able to watch a movie in HD after a long gaming session. Makes you wonder how it would have been if the 360 had included HD-DVD inside of the 360.
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: The True Reason People Use The PS3 The Most   The True Reason People Use The PS3 The Most EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 3:21 pm

Maybe they're using the web browser or steaming media from their PC.
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: The True Reason People Use The PS3 The Most   The True Reason People Use The PS3 The Most EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 3:30 pm

KonaBro wrote:
lol It's nice to have the luxury of being able to watch a movie in HD after a long gaming session. Makes you wonder how it would have been if the 360 had included HD-DVD inside of the 360.
you could always just stream movies
Back to top Go down
Wolfshiemhere
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: The True Reason People Use The PS3 The Most   The True Reason People Use The PS3 The Most EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 3:34 pm

Many aren't willing to pay that additional cost, arnt.
Back to top Go down
arnt god of war
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
arnt god of war

PostSubject: Re: The True Reason People Use The PS3 The Most   The True Reason People Use The PS3 The Most EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 3:36 pm

Wolfshiemhere wrote:
net flicks? why do you buy movies or something because buying movies is retarded...
Back to top Go down
Wolfshiemhere
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: The True Reason People Use The PS3 The Most   The True Reason People Use The PS3 The Most EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 3:42 pm

arnt god of war wrote:
Wolfshiemhere wrote:
net flicks? why do you buy movies or something because buying movies is retarded...
1. Netflix you mean
2. Because I don't want movies enough to warrant 8.99 a month.
Back to top Go down
KonaBro
Seaman
Seaman
KonaBro

PostSubject: Re: The True Reason People Use The PS3 The Most   The True Reason People Use The PS3 The Most EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 6:00 pm

arnt god of war wrote:
Wolfshiemhere wrote:

Wait a minute. You say buying movies are retarded but ask about Netflix? You must be a master of managing money...
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: The True Reason People Use The PS3 The Most   The True Reason People Use The PS3 The Most EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 6:26 pm

I think they watch movies or somethong like that.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: The True Reason People Use The PS3 The Most   The True Reason People Use The PS3 The Most EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 7:20 pm

KonaBro wrote:

You can download or stream* HD movies from the marketplace with surround sound and everything. The only thing I like about Blu-ray is the extras that comes with the disc.

*Depends on internet quality.
Back to top Go down
KonaBro
Seaman
Seaman
KonaBro

PostSubject: Re: The True Reason People Use The PS3 The Most   The True Reason People Use The PS3 The Most EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 7:28 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
KonaBro wrote:

You can download or stream* HD movies from the marketplace with surround sound and everything. The only thing I like about Blu-ray is the extras that comes with the disc.

*Depends on internet quality.

I like to physically be able to put my disc in and watch a movie but that's just me.
Back to top Go down
Nikka
Seaman Recruit
Nikka

PostSubject: Re: The True Reason People Use The PS3 The Most   The True Reason People Use The PS3 The Most EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 4:01 am

PS3 hasnogaems
Back to top Go down
Yusuke Urameshi
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Yusuke Urameshi

PostSubject: Re: The True Reason People Use The PS3 The Most   The True Reason People Use The PS3 The Most EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 4:32 am

Whenever I'm not playing games I'm on the internet browser watching vids on youtube.

I must say darksydephil is one of the funniest gamers out there.
Back to top Go down
KCalpha
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: The True Reason People Use The PS3 The Most   The True Reason People Use The PS3 The Most EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 5:22 am

Here in the United Kingdom PS3 doesn't have netflix.. Many just browse internet, wait for games to finish downloading, talking in voice chat..

The PS3 status only tells you if your playing a game or app so the truth is nobody knows..
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: The True Reason People Use The PS3 The Most   The True Reason People Use The PS3 The Most EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 8:49 am

NoelX2 wrote:
I think they watch movies or somethong like that.

I believe it logs you out of PSN if you're watching a movie.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The True Reason People Use The PS3 The Most   The True Reason People Use The PS3 The Most Empty

Back to top Go down

The True Reason People Use The PS3 The Most
Page 1 of 1