This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Arguments the PS3 cannot use

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Notorious
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Notorious

Arguments the PS3 cannot use Empty
PostSubject: Arguments the PS3 cannot use   Arguments the PS3 cannot use EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 8:30 am

So ive been thinking about a new topic that we all could benefit from, so long as people contribute. The idea of this topic is to expose all arguments that PS3 fan boys can no longer talk about as it becomes self ownage. if we familiarize ourselves with these we can easily call out people that attempt to use them as i still see people on sites grossly misinformed and overall just down right stupid.

Im going to begin this topic with the following topics that i believe cannot be used by fanboys of the PS3.

WIFI.
This used to be a big point for me because i found the two largest selling points for the PS3 was wifi and blu-ray . Wifi was and is a very acceptable/good internet connection method to this day and before the 360S came out i found this hard to counter. however now that the 360S has a faster more reliable wifi connection than PS3 i dont see the PS3 as having the upper hand in this argument anymore. even though this is the case i find that alot of PS3 fanboys desperately cling to old habits (almost copy paste mentality). i find it frustrating when this argument comes up as its just a display of utter lack of knowledge on their part.

HARD DRIVE SPACE
Now dont misunderstand me here im not referring to the 360S in this category. Of cause it is possible to use the 360S as the brunt of this argument. Its standard 250gb hard drive plus the added fact that its cheaper than the PS3 should end the argument then and there. But no im referring to the normal 360. I do believe that the standard 360 (or 360F as im going to type form now on) has the larger hard drive. Why? Simple the 360 supports flash memory and external hard drives as a secondary method for saving game saves, profiles and even the entire game. because i have a 2tb hard drive spare i find that simply hooking that up to the 360 via usb makes my hard drive go form 60gb to 2tb and its no faster or slower to save and load than doing it normally. id love to see a PS3 do that.

Also a note on this argument. Ive have had PS3 fanboys tell me than im "wrong" about this because the hard drives have to be bought from someone other than Microsoft. i normally reply with "if that's the case then i can count out blue tooth as its not made by Sony". effectively destroying another part of their less than online service. people have gone as far as to say thats another thing altogether say they owned me then block me and followed by another random topic as a challenge saying if i dont respond for everyone to see that proves im owned.

LINUX
Linux? is what you probably just said to yourself. i know i just put it in for teh luls as i see some fanboys saying that they "used" to have this and it makes them better than us for having something in the past. fuck that you fail for losing it not that it was used in the first place.

BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY
Yes im serious some people rave on about how most of their PS2 games sitting on their shelf can be re bought for their PS3 over PSN. its almost like PS3 people actually like paying for their games they have already bought if its presented infront of them. This is just speculation i have no idea what some people see in this random ass argument.

FAILURE RATE
So this used to be a big one. But the moment that the 360S came out this is an argument we can finally shrug off completely. remember how the RROD was mainly because of overheating and hardware failure as a result of that. in a head to head competition of what would shutdown first 360S or PS3S the two contestants were locked in sealed compartments separate form each other and left idle on a game to heat up and see who can out last the other. Finally after hours of testing the PS3S crashed, froze and shutdown. The 360S on the other hand was running fine although noticeably was working harder to keep cool the testers ran the final test which was to play a full game of guitar hero while still locked inside the compartment. the test was a success. it turns out the largest contributing factor to the RROD is no longer an issue and even will out last the PS3S. in my books that means it will outlast the PS3 too being a later model and all.

Here is the test article also
http://www.gofanboy.com/go-fan-babes/cosplay-babes/3155-xbox-360-slim-doesnt-rrod-in-heat-tests-side-by-side-with-ps3

OMGWTFBBQ LOUD FAN
To be honest when im playing a game or watching a movie i never notice my 360 making noise however it seems now that the 360S is quieter than than the PS3. So again another argument the PS3 fanboy has lost. there not much to say on this.

go here for proof https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLzcl-HzgY4

PRICE
Im adding this mainly because we are the cheapest console. Not that it has ever been different its just that some people such as TTSF has this tendency to replace optional additions for the 360 as mandatory like live and headsets. Yes they are nice but they arnt needed to play the system. Thus excluding them from the price debate.

GAMES
In terms of purely exclusives its hard to truly argue with PS3 fanboys. but in terms of over all stats and library (as much as i hate to sound like a 360 fanboy) GeneralMLD gives us and PS3 fanboys the proof that our system has the dominate library from games. Although the PS3 fanboys desperately attempt to find ways around this like "OMG 1 year start" or "most those games are shit" we still have the most A,AA,AAA games out there and are holding the lead well. I predict that because of how damaging this is to the PS3 fanboy psyche the moment that they even secure one category even if its single A then they will attempt to use it against us as a ploy to tell us how great their system is.

SALES
This is our strongest point and many if not all of us know this. funny how times change with the PS community seeing how the PS2 was all about sales then the moment PS3 comes out we are suppose to act like its nothing. also of fanboys have been using their old arguments for this such as "it will beat you in the future" or "were catching up". to this i reply "umm yer you were but now as we have the 360S we are rocketing ahead as normal. dont choke on our dust its bad for you". theres not much more about this topic than you should already know if not then you will find out eventually or go look at comments on GeneralMLD's videos or any other 360 supporters youtube videos that involve sales.

that's about all i can think of atm but please feel free to contribute to this.

Last edited by Notorious on Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Arguments the PS3 cannot use   Arguments the PS3 cannot use EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 10:24 am

Excellent work! Mustve taken you a while! Well I can't think of many arguments right now except XBL, ps3 fanboys say it's a rip off yet all their psn updates bring features xbl had from 2005! Also psn will have online fees and still has a lot less content and stuff.

I'm sure andrej will also happily pwn the disk scratching argument.

And remember stuff like 1080p streaming as opposed to blu ray.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire

PostSubject: Re: Arguments the PS3 cannot use   Arguments the PS3 cannot use EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 12:17 pm

demondragondude wrote:
Excellent work! Mustve taken you a while! Well I can't think of many arguments right now except XBL, ps3 fanboys say it's a rip off yet all their psn updates bring features xbl had from 2005! Also psn will have online fees and still has a lot less content and stuff.

I'm sure andrej will also happily pwn the disk scratching argument.

And remember stuff like 1080p streaming as opposed to blu ray.

Yeah, thats all I could think of too.

Nice work on this topic!
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Arguments the PS3 cannot use   Arguments the PS3 cannot use EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 7:00 pm

Change the title if you want more responses. Call it something like "every single argument of ps3 fanboys ruined" or something like that xD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arguments the PS3 cannot use   Arguments the PS3 cannot use Empty

Back to top Go down

Arguments the PS3 cannot use
Page 1 of 1