This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever!

Go down 
+11
Arbiteris
Freemon34'
Master_Chief
Pein
Invincible
Teckno
TRF
optimusprime
Stigma
DemonWolf
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever! Empty
PostSubject: The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever!   The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever! EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 12:37 pm

Omfg! I was playing Mass Effect 2 and when travelling to Ilium, it gave me the message "Please insert disk 2"!! I mean, WTF!? That's it, I'm totally buying a ps3 now so I don't have to put up with any more of this utter bullsh*t! Srsly!! Gawd, teh blu rayz hold everything on one disk!!!11eleven

-That's me kinda emphasising how stupid I think the disk-swapping argument is. I mean, do you really care if you have to swap disks a couple of times in a game?

What makes it stupider is that the argument comes from ps3 fanboys. The fanboys of a system which has a tendency of having massive game installs, long updates and stretched out load times.

--

Anyway. Share with us which arguments you think are stupid and give reasons why. It can come from any fanboy whatsoever.

Eg, ds fanboys:

Psp only has bettar grafix! Ds has beter gamplay!!
-
LOL we know before recently, ds cartridges could only hold 100mb which is not big enough for anything. The majority of the ds's library are top down/isommetric 2d games. The majority of the psp games are fully 3d, a lot of which are free roaming. Can you really say that 2d gameplay is superior to 3d gameplay?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever!   The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever! EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 12:46 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
Can you really say that 2d gameplay is superior to 3d gameplay?

You can because the DS is a handheld, not a watered down but portable console. Wink

Sad thing is some people actually think that they are getting somewhere with this. And since PS3 fanboys love the PC so much they contradict themselves because with many PC games you get multiple disks that you must install (eg. My World of Warcraft game came with 5 disks that I had to install before playing (I did not purchase WoW myself, it was a gift) and even games that only have 1 disks will sometimes require installs), and I'd rather swap a disk than do an install.

And I was focused on the PC so much I almost forgot that many PS3 games require installs as well. I'd rather do a half minute disk swap that have to use up 3-5 gigs of my hard drive and spend 10 minutes doing so. It isn't that big of a deal on the PC but it is on consoles.
Back to top Go down
optimusprime
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
optimusprime

PostSubject: Re: The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever!   The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever! EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 12:50 pm

"impossible on 360"
Back to top Go down

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
▲

PostSubject: Re: The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever!   The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever! EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 12:52 pm

DemonWolf wrote:

I can't say it's better, but I can't say it's worse.

I would really rather decent 2D games than half-assed 3D ones. Not saying that the PSP doesn't have any good games, as it does, but it's stupid to say that a game can't be as good as a 3D game because it's 2D, or top down.

The same goes for free-roaming, it's not always better than a linear game, it's just different.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever!   The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever! EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 1:12 pm

All fanboy arguments are weak. Every single one I can think of.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever!   The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever! EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 1:13 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:

You can because the DS is a handheld, not a watered down but portable console. Wink

Sad thing is some people actually think that they are getting somewhere with this. And since PS3 fanboys love the PC so much they contradict themselves because with many PC games you get multiple disks that you must install (eg. My World of Warcraft game came with 5 disks that I had to install before playing (I did not purchase WoW myself, it was a gift) and even games that only have 1 disks will sometimes require installs), and I'd rather swap a disk than do an install.

And I was focused on the PC so much I almost forgot that many PS3 games require installs as well. I'd rather do a half minute disk swap that have to use up 3-5 gigs of my hard drive and spend 10 minutes doing so. It isn't that big of a deal on the PC but it is on consoles.

Damn, shouldn't have mentioned the ds fanboy argument.
And stp saying the psp games are watered down when they're not! Some are superior to the console versions! Eg: Tony Hawk's Underground 2 Remix, Syphon Filter, Resistance Retribution > Resistance 2, Vice City Stories > Vice City, Liberty City Stories > Gta 3, The Sims 2 > The Sims 2 (not pc version), etc

You're in denial Razz lol

Btw you dont need all the disks to play WoW though, you can play through your harddrive Wink You got pwnt there. lol

optimusprime wrote:
"impossible on 360"

Oh god yeah.

GGM wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:

I can't say it's better, but I can't say it's worse.

I would really rather decent 2D games than half-assed 3D ones. Not saying that the PSP doesn't have any good games, as it does, but it's stupid to say that a game can't be as good as a 3D game because it's 2D, or top down.

The same goes for free-roaming, it's not always better than a linear game, it's just different.

Yeah it's different but ds fanboys act as if 2D is superior for some reason. In fact, most of the biggest ds fanboys claim the gba was the greatest handheld ever made. It makes me wonder, if that is the case why do they play their ds more than their gba? And also, I know for sure psp > gba x 1000, and if gba is superior to ds, well psp is obviously the best.

But yeah, enough psp vs ds arguments. Lets keep this topic back on topic. Razz
Back to top Go down

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
▲

PostSubject: Re: The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever!   The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever! EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 1:20 pm

DemonWolf wrote:

Yeah it's different but ds fanboys act as if 2D is superior for some reason. It can be In fact, most of the biggest ds fanboys claim the gba was the greatest handheld ever made.It is definitely one of the best, possibly the best It makes me wonder, if that is the case why do they play their ds more than their gba? Perhaps they've already played all of their favourite GBA games enough. And also, I know for sure psp > gba x 1000, You don't know that for sure, the GBA is a great system HURRR OPINIONS and if gba is superior to ds, well psp is obviously the best.

Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever!   The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever! EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 1:21 pm

DemonWolf wrote:

optimusprime wrote:
"impossible on 360"

Oh god yeah.
In some cases, it's true. Not with all games, but definitely with a game like God of War III. But yeah, a lot of that is just talk.

DemonWolf wrote:

Yeah it's different but ds fanboys act as if 2D is superior for some reason. In fact, most of the biggest ds fanboys claim the gba was the greatest handheld ever made. It makes me wonder, if that is the case why do they play their ds more than their gba? And also, I know for sure psp > gba x 1000, and if gba is superior to ds, well psp is obviously the best.

No, I want to put my two cents in on this. GBA > all other handhelds
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever!   The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever! EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 1:21 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
Btw you dont need all the disks to play WoW though, you can play through your harddrive Wink You got pwnt there. lol

...yeah you take the 5 disks, install them all, and then you can play the game through your hard drive. That's what I said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever!   The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever! EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 2:26 pm

Disk Swapping > Slow loads and mandatory installs
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever!   The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever! EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 2:35 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
I don't get why people complain about mandatory installs. I've had to install only a few of the games I've played on PS3. Plus, FFXIII didn't even require an install. Hell, God of War III, the greatest-looking game on consoles, didn't need an install.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever!   The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever! EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 2:37 pm

TRF wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
I don't get why people complain about mandatory installs. I've had to install only a few of the games I've played on PS3. Plus, FFXIII didn't even require an install.

Mandatory installs are stupid. If you are like me and have a full HDD you would have to delete some other stuff just to play a game.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever!   The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever! EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 3:07 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
TRF wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
I don't get why people complain about mandatory installs. I've had to install only a few of the games I've played on PS3. Plus, FFXIII didn't even require an install.

Mandatory installs are stupid. If you are like me and have a full HDD you would have to delete some other stuff just to play a game.
I think they're stupid too, but I rarely have to do them for my PS3 games. That's the point I'm trying to make. They're not as mandatory as everyone says.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever!   The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever! EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 4:00 pm

GGM wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:

Yeah it's different but ds fanboys act as if 2D is superior for some reason. It can be In fact, most of the biggest ds fanboys claim the gba was the greatest handheld ever made.It is definitely one of the best, possibly the best It makes me wonder, if that is the case why do they play their ds more than their gba? Perhaps they've already played all of their favourite GBA games enough. And also, I know for sure psp > gba x 1000, You don't know that for sure, the GBA is a great system HURRR OPINIONS and if gba is superior to ds, well psp is obviously the best.

Smile

Dude, aside from a number of exceptions (Broken Sword, Mariokart, Warioware, Nightfire) every gameboy advanced game is the same thing with a slightly different theme or colour scheme. Honestly.

TRF wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:

optimusprime wrote:
"impossible on 360"

Oh god yeah.
In some cases, it's true. Not with all games, but definitely with a game like God of War III. But yeah, a lot of that is just talk.

DemonWolf wrote:

lol liez
Back to top Go down
Teckno
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever!   The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever! EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 4:15 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
GGM wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:

Smile

Dude, aside from a number of exceptions (Broken Sword, Mariokart, Warioware, Nightfire) every gameboy advanced game is the same thing with a slightly different theme or colour scheme. Honestly.

TRF wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:

optimusprime wrote:
"impossible on 360"

Oh god yeah.

DemonWolf wrote:

lol liez
No back on topic! You fanboy Evil or Very Mad
About the color schemes, that can be said about every pre 5th generation. Basically the SNES has the same color schemes for it's games? But, a lot of people think it's the best console ever. (Nostalgic wise)
Thats a weak excuse Razz
Back to top Go down

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
▲

PostSubject: Re: The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever!   The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever! EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 4:17 pm

DemonWolf wrote:

Astro Boy: Omega Factor
Boktai: The Sun Is In Your Hands
GBA Castlevania trilogy
Drill Dozer
Gunstar Super Heroes
Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
Metroid Fusion
Metroid: Zero Mission
WarioWare, Inc: Mega Microgame$
Various Kirby games
Mega Man Zero series
Sonic Advance series
Lots of Mario remakes
Wario Land 4
Kuru Kuru Kururin
F-Zero series
Demikids
Various Final Fantasy ports
Golden Sun 1 & 2
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Mega Man Battle Network series
Mother 3 (one of the best JRPGs of all time)
Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire & Emerald
Pokemon Fire Red & Leaf Green
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series (Pokemon rougelikes)
Sigma Star Saga
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
Advance Wars 1 & 2 (Brilliant strategy games)
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Fire Emblem

There are a lot of good games for the GBA.
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever!   The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever! EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 4:20 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
. Can you really say that 2d gameplay is superior to 3d gameplay?

Sure you can. Limbo and Shank are better games then Lair and Haze.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever!   The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever! EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 4:20 pm

when was the disc swapping a problem?
i mean the ps3 fanboys make me laugh,they make stupid arguments like saying "OMG!! FF13 HAS 3 DISCS!!!! HAHA YOU GUYS ARE GETTING THE SHITTY VERSION LOLOLOLOL"
i respond "how is that a bad thing? and how is the 360 version the shitty version of ff13?"
the ps3 fanboys are pathetic and they make the most retarded arguments like the disc swapping thing,i would rather disc swap than wait 30 minutes just for the game to install on my hardrive..
in the end ps3 fanboys make up the most retarded arguments ever..
Back to top Go down
Teckno

PostSubject: Re: The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever!   The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever! EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 4:23 pm

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
i mean the ps3 fanboys make me laugh,they make stupid arguments like saying "OMG!! FF13 HAS 3 DISCS!!!! HAHA YOU GUYS ARE GETTING THE SHITTY VERSION LOLOLOLOL"
i respond "how is that a bad thing? and how is the 360 version the shitty version of ff13?"
the ps3 fanboys are pathetic and they make the most retarded arguments like the disc swapping thing,i would rather disc swap than wait 30 minutes just for the game to install on my hardrive..
All fanboys do that.
May I refer to the "OMGZOR 2D GRAZZ HAHAH TEH GAME IZ UNPLAYABLE!"
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever!   The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever! EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 4:28 pm

Teckno wrote:
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
All fanboys do that.

actually noone said it like that,the people only said that the ps3 version doesnt have 3d grass which is a bit inferior to the 360 version,noone really said that..
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

PostSubject: Re: The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever!   The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever! EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 4:28 pm

Teckno wrote:
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
All fanboys do that.
I get your point but 2d grass wasnt the only issue on the PS3 version of Mafia 2. I bought the 360 version and rented the PS3 version (DLC and trophies) and it was pretty stunning how much better the 360 version looked. As far as performance goes though I didnt see any difference.
Back to top Go down
Teckno

PostSubject: Re: The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever!   The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever! EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 4:29 pm

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
Teckno wrote:
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
All fanboys do that.

actually noone said it like that,the people only said that the ps3 version doesnt have 3d grass which is a bit inferior to the 360 version,noone really said that..
And no one really said "OMG!! FF13 HAS 3 DISCS!!!! HAHA YOU GUYS ARE GETTING THE SHITTY VERSION LOLOLOLOL" like that.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever!   The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever! EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 4:37 pm

DemonWolf wrote:

lol liez
Not lies. Some of the best RPGs ever made in recent times have been on Nintendo handhelds. Overall (not just RPGs), GBA has:

Golden Sun
Golden Sun: The Lost Age
Fire Emblem
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
Metroid Fusion
Metroid: Zero Mission
Pokémon Ruby
Pokémon Sapphire
Pokémon Emerald
Pokémon Fire Red
Pokémon Leaf Green
Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror
Super Mario Advance
Super Mario Advance 2
Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past/The Four Swords
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
Mario Kart: Super Circuit
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Final Fantasy I & II: Dawn of Souls
Advance Wars
Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong's Quest
Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!
Rayman Advance
Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc
Rayman: Hoodlum's Revenge
Rayman Raving Rabbids

I'll think of more, but I pretty much proved its supremacy over everything else. Don't forget, it also is backwards-compatible with the Game Boy and Game Boy Color handhelds. You may commence the crying now.

EDIT: I didn't see GGM's post. I think we covered everything across both our lists.

Teckno wrote:
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
Teckno wrote:
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
All fanboys do that.

And no one really said "OMG!! FF13 HAS 3 DISCS!!!! HAHA YOU GUYS ARE GETTING THE SHITTY VERSION LOLOLOLOL" like that.
Yeah, other than graphics, the games were the same.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever!   The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever! EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 4:39 pm

Teckno wrote:
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
Teckno wrote:
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
All fanboys do that.

only the ps3 fanboys said that..and plus somehow the 3 discs thing for the ps3 fanboys is more serious than the 2d grass thing
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever!   The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever! EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 4:44 pm

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
Teckno wrote:
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
Teckno wrote:
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
All fanboys do that.

only the ps3 fanboys said that..and plus somehow the 3 discs thing for the ps3 fanboys is more serious than the 2d grass thing
Everyone over-exaggerates things. 360 fanboys did, in fact, brag relentlessly over the PS3 version not having grass, and PS3 fanboys bragged relentlessly about the one disc on the PS3, better graphics, 1080p cutscenes, and uncompressed audio. The 360 didn't have a shitty version of the game, but the difference between versions of FFXIII is bigger than the difference between versions of Mafia II.

But like I said, other than graphical presentation (and sound, now that I think about it), the games are the same.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever!   The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever! Empty

Back to top Go down

The Weakest Fanboy Arguments Ever!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next