This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What is the current failure rate?

Go down 
+3
Stigma
Ozsem
Megamannt125
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Megamannt125

What is the current failure rate? Empty
PostSubject: What is the current failure rate?   What is the current failure rate? EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 5:04 pm

I'm thinking on getting a 360, but the failure rate has always discouraged me from doing so, does anyone know what it is as of now?
Back to top Go down
Ozsem
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: What is the current failure rate?   What is the current failure rate? EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 5:09 pm

I heard the slims have a 0% rate if its true. I think its about 2% on the other versions.
Back to top Go down
Megamannt125

PostSubject: Re: What is the current failure rate?   What is the current failure rate? EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 5:12 pm

Ozsem wrote:
I heard the slims have a 0% rate if its true. I think its about 2% on the other versions.
No console can have 0% failure rate...
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: What is the current failure rate?   What is the current failure rate? EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 5:21 pm

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6216691.html

That was the Falcon and Jasper (prior models)

The slim uses the Valhalla chipset which is an integrated 45nm CPU and GPU. The Jasper used separate 65nm CPU and GPU chips. Smaller/less chips = lower failure rate.

And I almost forgot, here's the 360 slim head to head with the PS3 slim.

http://www.gofanboy.com/home/fanboy-features/3263-xbox-360-slim-beats-ps3-slim-in-heat-tests-multiple-times/
Back to top Go down
Goosezorz
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: What is the current failure rate?   What is the current failure rate? EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 6:03 pm

Ozsem wrote:

No console has a 0% failure rate. No, it's not a two either.

http://www.destructoid.com/new-survey-puts-xbox-360-failure-rate-at-42--171088.phtml

According to this survey, 42%, but that probably doesn't just include new xboxs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is the current failure rate?   What is the current failure rate? EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 6:51 pm

The new slim is very low, but I have had no problems with the normal version. You should be fine.
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: What is the current failure rate?   What is the current failure rate? EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 11:34 pm

it's 4% for at least the last 2 years,jasper helped a ton.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: What is the current failure rate?   What is the current failure rate? EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 3:25 am

The XBOX 360 failure rate has been highly exaggerated for the past few years. The Slim is a massive improvement over the Jasper which had a very low failure rate. You should be very safe with a Slim.
Back to top Go down
Madtoker
Madtoker

PostSubject: Re: What is the current failure rate?   What is the current failure rate? EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 10:37 pm

no one knows end of story
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the current failure rate?   What is the current failure rate? Empty

Back to top Go down

What is the current failure rate?
Page 1 of 1